RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (666) < ... 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: June 08 2012,19:09   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 02 2012,04:53)

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 01 2012,12:16)

Quote (Kattarina98 @ June 01 2012,18:52)

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 01 2012,03:35)
... (sorry for the delay, was in bed all day. Fuck nausea!)

Oh no, are you ill? Or hung over?

Ménière's disease is a wonderful thing. For those who don't have it.

I had to look it up; it sounds awful. I hope you can at least manage the symptoms.

And sorry to derail Quack's thread.

(from Quack's birthday thread, so as not to derail).

The only way so far I've found to cope with the symptoms is taking some antiemetics and stay laying down in a dark room, with as few visual and auditory stimuli as possible.

The annoying part for me (ie, with regard to my professional life) is the temporary lateral deafness. A few weeks ago, I was a guest singer at a gig in Nice, and was totally deaf in my left ear. As my stage monitor was to my left, I had almost no feedback and hilarious out-of-key singing ensued.

But really, pucking about 15 times a day is not all it's cracked up to be. Taking a shot of vodka around noon, however, kind of reduces the dizziness and vertigo. I'd like to get the surgery to resolve the problem, but there's a 50/50 chance that I'll lose my hearing in one or both ears, so I'm not taking that risk yet (bread and butter, mixing new album's demo, yadayada...)

Ugh, my father has it, and I'm showing early signs.

Much love, brother.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: June 08 2012,19:11   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 04 2012,09:19)
BTW, has Elevator Man been identified?

Oddly enough, no.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: June 08 2012,19:44   

Quote (Lou FCD @ June 08 2012,19:11)
Quote (Bob O'H @ June 04 2012,09:19)
BTW, has Elevator Man been identified?

Oddly enough, no.

Considering that Watson claimed to have some neurological problem that made it hard or impossible to recognize faces, I think we're more likely to come to a consensus on the historical Jesus problem than we are at finding out who EG may have been (assuming he wasn't allegorical as well).  

Hey, can we start an HEG/MEG argument?   :p

Just for shits and giggles read through a lot of a thread related to the sexism-at-TAM bit on the JREF forum.  Yeesh.    Almost as much fun as reading the John Loftus-FtB childish outbursts.  The internet - making teenage angst and high school antics popular?  Really, why?

(I have my college age nephew on Facebook, and reading his postings on his now ex-relationship....yeck.  We all may be idiots sometimes, but at least we never used to post it so that everyone in the world can read about it.  Societies ideas of privacy and decorum sure have changed, or at least some parts of society).

ETA - as best as I can recall it was neurological.  Maybe not.  It's been a long time and I've had better things to focus on.

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2012,03:42   

Just for shits and giggles read through a lot of a thread related to the sexism-at-TAM bit on the JREF forum

I can haz linky?

As for EG: I have stated it many times before, but I think that even if he didn't exist, the narrative would still be useful for the purpose RW was aiming for.

His potential existence, at this point, is irrelevant.

On the other hand, nailing a young student to the cross in front of an audience of which said student was part, and complaining about being sexualized and objectified while sexualizing and objectifying herself, are very relevant to this discussion, IMO.

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2012,17:47   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 11 2012,03:42)
Just for shits and giggles read through a lot of a thread related to the sexism-at-TAM bit on the JREF forum

I can haz linky?

As for EG: I have stated it many times before, but I think that even if he didn't exist, the narrative would still be useful for the purpose RW was aiming for.

His potential existence, at this point, is irrelevant.

On the other hand, nailing a young student to the cross in front of an audience of which said student was part, and complaining about being sexualized and objectified while sexualizing and objectifying herself, are very relevant to this discussion, IMO.

Here's the thread (jref) - warning, it's long, with a lot of repetition and some stupidity from all sides.  A lot of talking past each other, I think.  Plus some interesting discoveries about certain people.

For me, the whole reason I got involved was because of the call-out.  Her "guys don't do it" I pegged as irrelevant since it was just her saying don't do it to me.  It ballooned from there, going to the "men must cross to the other side of the street to avoid a woman alone" and beyond (as you're far more aware of than I).

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,08:22   

The conscience of an atheist.

I am "Kohoutek" in the comments. Bravo, David McCullough.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,11:39   

Sans paroles:

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,12:09   

Quote (Amadan @ June 12 2012,11:39)
Sans paroles:

Did you attend in drag?

--------------
Barry Arrington is a bitch.

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,13:31   

Quote (Amadan @ June 12 2012,11:39)
Sans paroles:

Free buffet? Will there be mashed potatoes? ;)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

sledgehammer

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,14:49   

Quote (Kristine @ June 12 2012,11:31)

Mashed Potatoes?  Pardon my obtusity, but I don't get it.  Pray tell! (or at least a hint for the culturally challenged?)

--------------
The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny is alleviated by their lack of consistency. -A. Einstein  (H/T, JAD)
If evolution is true, you could not know that it's true because your brain is nothing but chemicals. ?Think about that. -K. Hovind

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,16:03   

So, are we allowed to comment on how it looks as though Christ is already "touching" the lady in the picture - in a Very Special Place?

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,16:44   

Quote (J-Dog @ June 12 2012,22:03)
So, are we allowed to comment on how it looks as though Christ is already "touching" the lady in the picture - in a Very Special Place?

Hallelujah! It's the Coming of the Lord!

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2012,18:14   

Quote (J-Dog @ June 12 2012,14:03)

Matt. 7:12.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2012,12:54   

One-minute-video in which Ray Comfort and Eric Hovind make horrifying confessions:
http://tinyurl.com/c3s8be2....c3s8be2

--------------

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2012,15:13   

I think you have to be European to appreciate the subtleties of this one:

--------------

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2012,17:19   

Quote (sledgehammer @ June 12 2012,14:49)

Quote (Kristine @ June 12 2012,11:31)

Mashed Potatoes?  Pardon my obtusity, but I don't get it.  Pray tell! (or at least a hint for the culturally challenged?)

Here. (At 5:46.) It's nothing deep - just a poke at the awkwardness. "Mashed Potato" was a dance, too. (I assume that's what the chick is doing on the image, and not exposing her armpits for Jesus to blow on and dry.) Bad joke, really. ;)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2012,17:29   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ June 13 2012,12:54)
One-minute-video in which Ray Comfort and Eric Hovind make horrifying confessions:

It's always interesting to see the fantasy lives as confessed by narcissists. Yeah, sure they would be "doing whatever I want," "in prison," "breaking out of prison." Yeah, suuuuuuuuurrree, you pansy boys. Whether Christian or sinner, you are soooooo spayshul, aren't you? What arrogance.

Using an old Staryucks cup to steal milk and jiggling the parking meter with a popscicle stick to avoid paying would be the extent of these milquetoast's crimes. :p

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2012,20:54   

Quote (Kristine @ June 13 2012,17:29)

It's always interesting to see the fantasy lives as confessed by narcissists. Yeah, sure they would be "doing whatever I want," "in prison," "breaking out of prison." Yeah, suuuuuuuuurrree, you pansy boys. Whether Christian or sinner, you are soooooo spayshul, aren't you? What arrogance.

Using an old Staryucks cup to steal milk and jiggling the parking meter with a popscicle stick to avoid paying would be the extent of these milquetoast's crimes. :p

Or, they might start up a legal but sleazy scam, like...

Ironic of Ray to say to Eric, "If I weren't a Christian I'd be in prison," because that's what I think Eric's dad would say.

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,02:49   

Quote (Amadan @ June 13 2012,15:13)

Nice to see that my taxes are being spent in a useful and fun way.   ;-)

Seriously, German employees have been at the receiving end of the policies of the banks and companies (in your case and in the case of Greece, it might have been tricking and bribing governments into spending way over their income) just as much as other Europeans. The net income here has been sinking for twenty years, and the percentage of precarious jobs has risen dramatically.

--------------

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,02:56   

Quote (Glen Davidson @ June 13 2012,20:54)
Quote (Kristine @ June 13 2012,17:29)

Or, they might start up a legal but sleazy scam, like...

Ironic of Ray to say to Eric, "If I weren't a Christian I'd be in prison," because that's what I think Eric's dad would say.

Glen Davidson

Barry Arrington could use the video to prove his point - in the imaginary court case he is using to force his readers into confessing that it's better to have a Christian witness.

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,04:41   

That's hillarious (in a sad way):

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2012....-canada

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,05:27   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ June 14 2012,08:49)
Quote (Amadan @ June 13 2012,15:13)

Nice to see that my taxes are being spent in a useful and fun way.   ;-)

Seriously, German employees have been at the receiving end of the policies of the banks and companies (in your case and in the case of Greece, it might have been tricking and bribing governments into spending way over their income) just as much as other Europeans. The net income here has been sinking for twenty years, and the percentage of precarious jobs has risen dramatically.

Well, while we definitely paid ourselves too much, we're not in the same boat as Greece: the problem was made muchmuchmuch worse by the decision to lump bank debt onto the public purse (i.e. me).

Gnash gnash etc.

On a brighter note: my niece in Dortmund got 1.5 in her Abi! Off to Med School, Yayyyyy!

Edited by Amadan on June 14 2012,11:29

--------------

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,05:42   

Quote (Amadan @ June 14 2012,05:27)
Well, while we definitely paid ourselves too much, we're not in the same boat as Greece: the problem was made muchmuchmuch worse by the decision to lump bank debt onto the public purse (i.e. me).

Gnash gnash etc.

On a brighter note: my niece in Dortmund got 1.5 in her Abi! Off to Med School, Yayyyyy!

Yes, that's what happened here, too: "Too big to fail". That gave the banks and companies a pass to be foolhardy again.

And I'm glad to hear about your niece's success. Will she go to uni immediately, or will she do a year of volontary service (thereby saving the government the expenses for trained staff)?

Oops, sorry for my labour union rantings.

--------------

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,07:43   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ June 14 2012,11:42)
Quote (Amadan @ June 14 2012,05:27)

Gnash gnash etc.

Yes, that's what happened here, too: "Too big to fail". That gave the banks and companies a pass to be foolhardy again.

And I'm glad to hear about your niece's success. Will she go to uni immediately, or will she do a year of volontary service (thereby saving the government the expenses for trained staff)?

Oops, sorry for my labour union rantings.

I don't know if she'll do the voluntary service thing, though my nephew in Frankfurt is doing it.

It's a great idea - we produce millions of medical grads here at huge cost to the state, and they all bugger off to Oz on the first flight after graduation. We end up importing doctors from the rest of Europe and Pakistan to make up the shortfall.

--------------

utidjian

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,14:37   

Glen,

I think it was more like:

Ray: "I'd be in jail if I wasn't a christian."
Eric: Eric looks at Ray and hesitates before he says:
"I'd be breaking out of jail if I wasn't a christian."

Either one is pretty funny since, as Kent Hovind would probably say, "I'm in jail for being a christian."

-DU-

--------------
Being laughed at doesn't mean you're progressing along some line. It probably just means you're saying some stupid shit -stevestory

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,16:04   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 14 2012,02:41)
That's hillarious (in a sad way):

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2012.......-canada

Spector567 beat me to it: Alberta is the Texas of Canada.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2012,21:17   

Quote (utidjian @ June 14 2012,14:37)
Glen,

I think it was more like:

Ray: "I'd be in jail if I wasn't a christian."
Eric: Eric looks at Ray and hesitates before he says:
"I'd be breaking out of jail if I wasn't a christian."

Either one is pretty funny since, as Kent Hovind would probably say, "I'm in jail for being a christian."

-DU-

If either of them was Chuck Norris, jail would be breaking out of them! :p

(Sorry - I hate Norris, but I had to.)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2012,19:54   

Totally off topic, but thought I'd just ask....

If there are any college professors reading this (Wesley, Dave, whomever), I need to get in touch with a really good career/college counselor.  

My oldest is headed off to college next year and he's discouraged at the moment about career paths.  He's talked to his high school counselors and teachers and really not getting the information he'd like.  He could go to one of the state colleges and ask there, I guess, but each college is usually specialized in certain career paths.  

Bleh...I don't even know where to begin, but if you know of someone from this forum who many not ever read this but would have some good advise, would you mind sharing his/her name and I'll send them a message.

I'm asking tons of people, and since you all consider yourselves so highly educated, I thought you might be able to throw me some advise.

Thanks

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2012,20:41   

Feel free to PM me, FtK.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2012,22:09   

Quote (Ftk @ June 20 2012,19:54)
Totally off topic, but thought I'd just ask....

If there are any college professors reading this (Wesley, Dave, whomever), I need to get in touch with a really good career/college counselor.  

My oldest is headed off to college next year and he's discouraged at the moment about career paths.  He's talked to his high school counselors and teachers and really not getting the information he'd like.  He could go to one of the state colleges and ask there, I guess, but each college is usually specialized in certain career paths.  

Bleh...I don't even know where to begin, but if you know of someone from this forum who many not ever read this but would have some good advise, would you mind sharing his/her name and I'll send them a message.

I'm asking tons of people, and since you all consider yourselves so highly educated, I thought you might be able to throw me some advise.

Thanks

Feel free to PM me too.  I was a college adviser for 7 years and an assistant registrar for 3.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

19967 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (666) < ... 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]