RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (656) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2012,17:47   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ June 11 2012,03:42)
Just for shits and giggles read through a lot of a thread related to the sexism-at-TAM bit on the JREF forum

I can haz linky?

As for EG: I have stated it many times before, but I think that even if he didn't exist, the narrative would still be useful for the purpose RW was aiming for.

His potential existence, at this point, is irrelevant.

On the other hand, nailing a young student to the cross in front of an audience of which said student was part, and complaining about being sexualized and objectified while sexualizing and objectifying herself, are very relevant to this discussion, IMO.

Here's the thread (jref) - warning, it's long, with a lot of repetition and some stupidity from all sides.  A lot of talking past each other, I think.  Plus some interesting discoveries about certain people.

For me, the whole reason I got involved was because of the call-out.  Her "guys don't do it" I pegged as irrelevant since it was just her saying don't do it to me.  It ballooned from there, going to the "men must cross to the other side of the street to avoid a woman alone" and beyond (as you're far more aware of than I).

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

19679 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (656) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]