- Tallying the Arguments
- A collaborative project to exhaustively catalogue the arguments used
in various antievolution sources. See this thread for
information on project coordination and information on how to volunteer to
help enter arguments into the database.
- Media Contacts
- Want to help make a difference? Let the media know that you are
an advocate of good science education. This page will help, with links to
advice on effective letter writing and directly to regional and national
- "Dogmatic Darwinists" - An Instance of the Misleading Rhetoric of the Anti-Evolutionists
- Wesley R. Elsberry and Dave Thomas examine the antievolutionary
deployment of the phrase "dogmatic Darwinist" and demonstrate it to be
a simple ad hominem tactic, replacing consideration of the
evidence with rhetoric.
- The Finite
- The Finite Improbability Calculator is a collection of routines to permit exploration of very small probabilities. Many antievolutionary arguments are based upon an argument from improbability: some phenomenon is so improbable that it must be due to an intelligent agent.
The Antievolution Quotation/Misquotation Database
- One of the largest collections of those "quotations" used by
antievolutionists to be found online... and verbatim quotes to show what
they leave out, put in, or otherwise misrepresent. User collaboration
is encouraged with a convenient form for entry of suspicious "quotes"
from antievolution sources or verbatim quotations entered from the
original sources. A search form allows retrieval on author, quoter,
keywords, or word sequence. Currently there are over 1,000 entries.
The PBS "Evolution" series
- 2001/09/24-27: The antievolutionist response to this eight-hour series of programs began well
before the first episode aired. Check out the antievolutionary criticisms and the
responses of critics.
The "Wedge" Document
- The 1998 manifesto of the Discovery Institute's
Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture
lays out their plans for destroying science as it is currently done and replacing it with "theistic
- The "Evolution Inside" Logo
- If you make a product that has benefitted from use of
evolutionary principles, check this graphic out.
- Evolutionary humor
- Not everything said in this controversy is said in dead earnest.
At least, Ernest hopes not.
Evolution in Schools graphic
- What can be done with eight "Darwin" fish? Have a look to find out.