RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (25) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >   
  Topic: The "I Believe In God" Thread, You may know him from "Panda's Thumb"...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,12:25   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Jan. 08 2011,12:23)
Does that make any sense or do I need to get drunker?

You're making more sense than Biggy ever will, but by all means have another drink or five.   :D   No point in wasting a good buzz in hopes of making our learned friend understand his errors.

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,13:27   

Hey, IBIG, I'm an atheist.

I've never raped, killed or cheated anyone.

Or even wanted to.

I don't need your imaginary friend to keep me in line.

Why do you?

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,13:38   

Quote (fnxtr @ Jan. 08 2011,13:27)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No, see, you got it wrong.  You're not a Real Atheist at all.  You just secretly believe in Jeebus in your secret heart (ya need to open them eyes of the heart, that's all), even while denying you even know that.

Or maybe IBIG's a moron.

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,14:18   

Or maybe IBIG's a moron.

Must...refrain...from...giving...high...five!

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,16:40   

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

Probably, IBelieve will simply assume that your good behavior is actually a nefarious Satan-inspired plot to make more people hate God, as he assumes is the norm with all atheists who do not go about raping, killing, cannibalizing and aborting babies willy-nilly.

After all, the only sort of "good behavior" is that inspired by the visceral fear of God sending you to Hell to burn forever and ever and ever for offending Him in some way.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,17:44   

IBIG, you keep thinking that you pushing 'atheists' killing other to eliminate religion will gloss over THE FACT that CHRISTIANS have killed more people IN THE NAME OF GOD than all the atheists ever.

SO keep telling yourself you are beyond reproach.  Keep telling yourself that you religion and your God are perfect.

You've spent a lot of time while ignoring 2-3 instances of God COMMANDING genocide... ignoring the Crusades... ignoring the killing of Muslims and Jews by Christians for about 2000 years (in some cases).

You can bitch about Stalin being an evil bastard and I'll stand right beside and agree.  If you refuse to bitch about any of those Christians also being evil bastards, then you are a hypocrite... but we knew that already.

I'll finally remind you of some things I've told you before, directly out of your Bible (or what I think is your Bible, since you won't tell me which Bible you use and why you ignore many of the books that are in other Bibles).

"I never knew you" - remember, actions speak louder than words... also, at many revivals this becomes "Don't just talk the talk, but walk the walk."  How many people have you prevented from coming to God because of your arrogance and stupidity?

How can you know that what you experience is God and not another entity talking to you (including you subconscious)?  Because, honestly, I think it is Satan (if he exists) in you instead of God.  You, through your actions in this forum, have done massive harm to the Christian faith.  That can only be caused by Satan... even if you are a Christian... you're actions here are much more reflective of Satan that God.

I encourage you to think on that, but I suspect that Satan will blind you to the truth.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,18:53   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 08 2011,17:44)
IBIG, you keep thinking that you pushing 'atheists' killing other to eliminate religion will gloss over THE FACT that CHRISTIANS have killed more people IN THE NAME OF GOD than all the atheists ever.

SO keep telling yourself you are beyond reproach.  Keep telling yourself that you religion and your God are perfect.

You've spent a lot of time while ignoring 2-3 instances of God COMMANDING genocide... ignoring the Crusades... ignoring the killing of Muslims and Jews by Christians for about 2000 years (in some cases).

You can bitch about Stalin being an evil bastard and I'll stand right beside and agree.  If you refuse to bitch about any of those Christians also being evil bastards, then you are a hypocrite... but we knew that already.

I'll finally remind you of some things I've told you before, directly out of your Bible (or what I think is your Bible, since you won't tell me which Bible you use and why you ignore many of the books that are in other Bibles).

"I never knew you" - remember, actions speak louder than words... also, at many revivals this becomes "Don't just talk the talk, but walk the walk."  How many people have you prevented from coming to God because of your arrogance and stupidity?

How can you know that what you experience is God and not another entity talking to you (including you subconscious)?  Because, honestly, I think it is Satan (if he exists) in you instead of God.  You, through your actions in this forum, have done massive harm to the Christian faith.  That can only be caused by Satan... even if you are a Christian... you're actions here are much more reflective of Satan that God.

I encourage you to think on that, but I suspect that Satan will blind you to the truth.

I don't believe that Christians have killed more people then Atheists, but that was not the point of the argument. So, you admit that Atheists have indeed killed millions of people for practicing their religion?

I will accept that you have conceded, and now we can move on!

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,18:55   

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

I don't know if you have or not, all I have is your word for that, which according to many here is not good enough! Where is the evidence to support that you never did any of those things?

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:04   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,16:55)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

I don't know if you have or not, all I have is your word for that, which according to many here is not good enough! Where is the evidence to support that you never did any of those things?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:15   

Two supremely stupid non-answers from Biggy.

Let's just take my usual three word response as given, shall we?

Yes, folks, this is his A-game.

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:22   

Quote (fnxtr @ Jan. 08 2011,19:04)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

If there were no God, it is hard to imagine how much evil there would be on the earth. You fail to realize even if you aren't a believer that you were given a CONSCIENCE, which help keep you from committing such evils. It is possible to damage and destroy your conscience, by acting on your evil thoughts against your conscience.

God is not my imaginary friend, and you will find that out someday. There aren't any dead Atheists. Any I need God, because I love Him, He is my heavenly Father. I am so thankful for Him, for all that He has done for me, for healing me, for blessing me with a wonderful family, for the incredible financial blessing He has given me, and most importantly for Saving my Soul. I never deserved anything that He has done for me, but He loved me anyone, His son died on the cross for me, I am so incredibly thankful. I look forward to the future and what He has in store for me and my family.

I'm sorry for you, because this life you have in the here and now is the closest to heaven that you will ever experience, for me it is the closest to hell that I will ever experience. I hope that you come to the knowledge of the truth before you die and it's too late.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:22   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,18:53)
Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 08 2011,17:44)

I don't believe that Christians have killed more people then Atheists, but that was not the point of the argument. So, you admit that Atheists have indeed killed millions of people for practicing their religion?

I will accept that you have conceded, and now we can move on!

Yes, IBIG, the point of the argument was that Christians... which should hold themselves to a higher standard routinely and for the last 2000 years have actively sought to remove those that appose them by violence.

Except for one example (Stalin's Russia and that was a POLITICAL CONTROL PLAY) there are no examples of atheists killing any members of religion... only for being religious.  You obviously have not read anything that anyone has posted on why certain groups used death to cement political power.  

So, I will accept your concession that Christians routinely kill those that disagree with them.

For example, YOU are here harassing us with your BS.  We are NOT on a religious forum harassing you.  

All the atheists I know would perfectly happy if Christians obeyed the law of the land and stayed the hell out of politics.  But they don't... so we have to fight them to prevent American from becoming a Christian version of Afghanistan.  Or did you miss the RECENT example of Christians hunting down and killing Muslims.

Further, your religion actively preaches death to those that just want to live their lives.  Your religion teaches fear and death and hate.  I talk about love and reason.

So again, I will accept that you have failed to understand the entire point of the argument.  
I will accept that you have failed to show how Christianity is a force for good in the world.  
I will accept that you have failed to show that you can convince me that you are under the influence of a benevolent and merciful God.  
I will accept that you can't even explain why your Bible doesn't have certain books.
I will accept that you are an epic hypocrite.  
I will accept that you have very little knowledge of your own religion.  
I will accept that you cannot apply the lessons of the Bible to yourself.

Those are the points, which you have failed to understand for the 6+ months that I have been talking to you.

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:23   

So, IBIG, the Crusades never happened in your mind, or what?  Is this a "no one alive was there to see it" sort of thing?

Why do blatantly ignore the very things that you were told you were ignoring.  It's not like you didn't see them.  Really, I'd like an explanation.  You don't have to answer the actual question in point (the Crusades and Christians killing people), but I would appreciate it if you would enlighten me on the blatant ignoring thing.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:27   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,19:22)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

If there were no God, it is hard to imagine how much evil there would be on the earth. You fail to realize even if you aren't a believer that you were given a CONSCIENCE, which help keep you from committing such evils. It is possible to damage and destroy your conscience, by acting on your evil thoughts against your conscience.

God is not my imaginary friend, and you will find that out someday. There aren't any dead Atheists. Any I need God, because I love Him, He is my heavenly Father. I am so thankful for Him, for all that He has done for me, for healing me, for blessing me with a wonderful family, for the incredible financial blessing He has given me, and most importantly for Saving my Soul. I never deserved anything that He has done for me, but He loved me anyone, His son died on the cross for me, I am so incredibly thankful. I look forward to the future and what He has in store for me and my family.

I'm sorry for you, because this life you have in the here and now is the closest to heaven that you will ever experience, for me it is the closest to hell that I will ever experience. I hope that you come to the knowledge of the truth before you die and it's too late.

If there were no religion, idiot, the UN Buildings in New York would still be standing.

If there was no god, I can imagine how good life on this planet would be.  Imagine a planet full of rational people who can think and critically analyze everything to reach the best possible answer.  Imagine a planet were gay people could live without fear.  Imagine a planet where nothing is impossible.

I cannot imagine how evil it would be, because there wouldn't be any need for evil.

IBIG, as far as God, you can't even convince us that it is really God speaking to you... which is a fundamental problem in your case.

--------------

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:31   

Quote (Robin @ Jan. 06 2011,10:01)
[quote=IBelieveInGod,Jan. 05 2011,20:11][/quote]
Tell me how many people have been slaughtered by Atheistic Countries, or none Christian countries? You seem to think that those who follow God are the problem. I also have a problem with Religion, and there are many Religions, but there is only one true God, only one that we can have a Relationship with.

What an ignorant question that completely misses the point. What country or countries have ever slaughtered people  in the name of atheism? Any? No. Not a one. In fact, I can't think of any single person who's ever been killed in the name of atheism. Yet billions of people have been slaughtered in the name of Christianity alone. Try again, IBIG.

Here is the post that started all of my posts about killing in the name of Atheism Ogre. Yes this was about Atheism Ogre you are wrong. You want to change the subject, because you are wrong. So, you can't handle being a miserable?

Let me ask this question, is the current war between the Palestinians and Israel and religious war? Or is it a battle over land?

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,19:37   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 08 2011,19:27)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

If there were no religion, idiot, the UN Buildings in New York would still be standing.

If there was no god, I can imagine how good life on this planet would be.  Imagine a planet full of rational people who can think and critically analyze everything to reach the best possible answer.  Imagine a planet were gay people could live without fear.  Imagine a planet where nothing is impossible.

I cannot imagine how evil it would be, because there wouldn't be any need for evil.

IBIG, as far as God, you can't even convince us that it is really God speaking to you... which is a fundamental problem in your case.

Go back and read what I said! You must be having trouble with reading comprehension again!

I said if there were no GOD! I didn't say if there were no RELIGION. GOD is a BEING, and RELIGION is a SET OF BELIEFS. I believe that there is only one God, and muslims don't worship HIM. Yet you call me an idiot and you have no reading comprehension!!!

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:01   

Let me also add, if there were no GOD, we wouldn't be here, nothing would exist:)

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:07   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,19:37)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

Go back and read what I said! You must be having trouble with reading comprehension again!

I said if there were no GOD! I didn't say if there were no RELIGION. GOD is a BEING, and RELIGION is a SET OF BELIEFS. I believe that there is only one God, and muslims don't worship HIM. Yet you call me an idiot and you have no reading comprehension!!!

Which is why religious wars exist, IBIG.  Because they say the same thing about you and your God.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:10   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,19:31)
Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 05 2011,20:11)

Tell me how many people have been slaughtered by Atheistic Countries, or none Christian countries? You seem to think that those who follow God are the problem. I also have a problem with Religion, and there are many Religions, but there is only one true God, only one that we can have a Relationship with.

What an ignorant question that completely misses the point. What country or countries have ever slaughtered people  in the name of atheism? Any? No. Not a one. In fact, I can't think of any single person who's ever been killed in the name of atheism. Yet billions of people have been slaughtered in the name of Christianity alone. Try again, IBIG.

Here is the post that started all of my posts about killing in the name of Atheism Ogre. Yes this was about Atheism Ogre you are wrong. You want to change the subject, because you are wrong. So, you can't handle being a miserable?

Let me ask this question, is the current war between the Palestinians and Israel and religious war? Or is it a battle over land?

That's right IBIG, you still can't say that atheists killed people because they were religious.  There were additional factors, unlike all the instances of Religious people killed other religious (or non-religious) people.

The history has been explained to you, you don't want to get it or think that it makes all the deaths by Christians OK.  That's not our problem IBIG.

Christians (and other religions) have killed waaaaay more than any atheists have ever even tried to.  You can't get away from this fact and it makes everything else, pretty much moot.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:11   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,20:01)
Let me also add, if there were no GOD, we wouldn't be here, nothing would exist:)

Then what is the evidence that shows this?

--------------

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:38   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,18:55)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

That's because, unlike you, Ogre is not a pathological liar who lies for Jesus, and he does not hate the truth.

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:39   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 08 2011,20:11)
Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,20:01)

Then what is the evidence that shows this?

Because IBelieve says so, and if you don't believe him, he's going to command God to send you to Hell to burn forever for the unforgivably heinous sin of doubting him.

That's why. </snark>

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:44   

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

Yes, you are an idiot, IBelieve, a colossal idiot.

There are several reasons, among them is the fact that you refuse to admit that Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, whom the Christians and Jews worship.

If that's not true, then tell us why Islam is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic Religions?  Evil atheist conspiracy for Satan?

Another reason you are an idiot is because you deliberately and incorrectly define Muslims as being atheists.

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:47   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 08 2011,20:10)
Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,19:31)
Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 05 2011,20:11)

That's right IBIG, you still can't say that atheists killed people because they were religious.  There were additional factors, unlike all the instances of Religious people killed other religious (or non-religious) people.

The history has been explained to you, you don't want to get it or think that it makes all the deaths by Christians OK.  That's not our problem IBIG.

Christians (and other religions) have killed waaaaay more than any atheists have ever even tried to.  You can't get away from this fact and it makes everything else, pretty much moot.

Then you can't say that Christians killed because they were Christian, there were other factors. Don't you see the silliness of your argument.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what actual history really is. You and your ilk revise history to you liking.

Stalin killed 21 million Christians, because He didn't want anyone to practice their Christianity, or any religion. You don't know what you are talking about. I believe if you were a dictator of a country, that you would outlaw all religions, and would eliminate those who broke your law by imprisonment or death. I really believe that you have that much hatred against the practice of ones faith.

I don't agree with you that Christians (and other religions) have killed waaaay more than any atheists have ever even tried to. Why do you back that up with actual verifiable numbers, and remember you have to demonstrate that these Christians were true Christians and not (wolves in sheep's clothing) "False Christians" out to devour.

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,20:56   

I'm sorry, IBIG, you must have missed my earlier comment.  I understand, it was brief.  But, I'll repeat here.  I think this is an important point.  Can you tell us why you deliberately ignore comments?  It appears as if you ignore them based solely on your ability to answer any points brought up in said ignored comments.  If this is untrue, please tell me why.

It is obvious that you read them because on many occasions you address the points immediately in front of and following the one you ignore.  Is there a reason for this?

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,21:01   

Quote (Stanton @ Jan. 08 2011,20:44)

Or even wanted to.

Why do you?

No answer, huh.

That's what I thought.

Coward.

Yes, you are an idiot, IBelieve, a colossal idiot.

There are several reasons, among them is the fact that you refuse to admit that Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, whom the Christians and Jews worship.

If that's not true, then tell us why Islam is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic Religions?  Evil atheist conspiracy for Satan?

Another reason you are an idiot is because you deliberately and incorrectly define Muslims as being atheists.

Muslims do not worship the God of Abraham. They claim that they do only to gain acceptance, but their's is a counterfeit God. If they worship the same God that Christians and Jews do, then there would be no need for them kill Christians and Jews for not converting now would there be.

Where did I state that Muslims are Atheists?

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,21:05   

Quote (blipey @ Jan. 08 2011,20:56)
I'm sorry, IBIG, you must have missed my earlier comment.  I understand, it was brief.  But, I'll repeat here.  I think this is an important point.  Can you tell us why you deliberately ignore comments?  It appears as if you ignore them based solely on your ability to answer any points brought up in said ignored comments.  If this is untrue, please tell me why.

It is obvious that you read them because on many occasions you address the points immediately in front of and following the one you ignore.  Is there a reason for this?

What makes you think that I'm required to answer every comment that is made? Why haven't you answered every single comment that I have made?

STUPID!!!!!

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,21:07   

Stunning logic, IBIG.  Granting you this piece of idiocy, how does it explain Christians killing Jews?

Also, why do you ignore comments?

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,21:09   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,21:05)
Quote (blipey @ Jan. 08 2011,20:56)

What makes you think that I'm required to answer every comment that is made? Why haven't you answered every single comment that I have made?

STUPID!!!!!

You've never asked me anything?  Other than that and the fact that the rest of your response completely fails to address the point, good job.

The point, as I made clear above, is that you apparently ignore comments based upon your ability to answer the points contained in said comments.  So, nice ignoring again.

--------------

phhht

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 08 2011,21:41   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 08 2011,21:05)
What makes you think that I'm required to answer every comment that is made?

Poofster,

Which of these statements is wrong?

1.  Once there was no life.

2.  Now there is life.

--------------
Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothese-la.
-- Pierre Simon Laplace, explaining the absence of any mention of God in his work

741 replies since Oct. 31 2010,16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (25) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]