RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (9) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] >   
  Topic: The thread of liberation, free your mind and the rest will follow< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 02 2007,17:01   

Quote (The Wayward Hammer @ June 02 2007,14:57)
I do have a question.  You have mentioned that we no longer need the "capital holders" so to speak - we have workers and professional management, etc.  OK, how do you "get rid" of the owners?  Seize their assets?  

Yes.

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 02 2007,17:02   

Quote (skeptic @ June 02 2007,16:53)
No, the point was that Dell and Gates both started in their garages and Walton in a store in the middle of nowhere Arkansas.  How's that for shopkeepers?

Wow, they got to the top all by themselves, did they?

They must have been awfully busy, doing everything by themselves. . . . .

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,00:37   

Quote ("Rev Dr" Lenny Flank @ June 01 2007,07:18)
Quote (BWE @ June 01 2007,04:42)
Quote ("Rev Dr" Lenny Flank @ May 31 2007,22:36)

Quote (skeptic @ May 31 2007,01:47)
Sorry, Lenny, there's idealism and then there's reality.  You may choose to live that way but you can not expect or anticipate that all members of the society will.  The only way to ensure that is totalitarianism and I know you aren't proposing that.  It's a paradox.  may look good on paper and feel good in a Kumbaya sort of way but it just flat doesn't work.

Um, a news flash for you, Skeptic ---- the vast majority of the world's population lives far worse than I do.  And unlike me, they DON'T do it by choice.

But you are indeed quite correct about one thing --- the only way to KEEP them living that way is indeed through totalitarianism.

I have a feeling, though, that they will object to that.  And since they outnumber you a few million to one, I'm pretty sure who's going to win.

Lenny,

The ones who will win are the educated ones. Whichever those may be.

I think you miss my point . . . .

No. I get it. Give me a pittle bit of technology and i win. End of story. Numbers matter not. Other than for very short anger moments where they kill a bunch of corrupt leaders. A new crop pops right up. The educated  group always wins in the long run. Since it's relative (education levels) it just means the top 10 or 5 or 1% of the ambitious people who get educated win. It's not that it's right, it's that it's reality.

I've read Marx but I've also read Weber, Locke, Montesquieu (sp?), Blake (whom I consider equally as profound :)) Mill and many others and I live in the world where people try to make other people play fair and sometimes they don't. And remember, C is average.

Not that I give a damn, but well over half of humanity is stupid to the point that they would die left alone.

My cynicism is born of dealing with the public.

The masses are stupid, weak, wrong, and gullible. They don't spontaneously do anything but fart.

Hmmm. Did I say that?

I went fishing this weekend, you'll have to excuse me.

--------------
Who said that ev'ry wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far

The Daily Wingnut

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,00:52   

Quote (BWE @ June 04 2007,00:37)

Sorry, Lenny, there's idealism and then there's reality.  You may choose to live that way but you can not expect or anticipate that all members of the society will.  The only way to ensure that is totalitarianism and I know you aren't proposing that.  It's a paradox.  may look good on paper and feel good in a Kumbaya sort of way but it just flat doesn't work.

Um, a news flash for you, Skeptic ---- the vast majority of the world's population lives far worse than I do.  And unlike me, they DON'T do it by choice.

But you are indeed quite correct about one thing --- the only way to KEEP them living that way is indeed through totalitarianism.

I have a feeling, though, that they will object to that.  And since they outnumber you a few million to one, I'm pretty sure who's going to win.

Lenny,

No. I get it. Give me a pittle bit of technology and i win. End of story. Numbers matter not. Other than for very short anger moments where they kill a bunch of corrupt leaders. A new crop pops right up. The educated  group always wins in the long run. Since it's relative (education levels) it just means the top 10 or 5 or 1% of the ambitious people who get educated win. It's not that it's right, it's that it's reality.

I've read Marx but I've also read Weber, Locke, Montesquieu (sp?), Blake (whom I consider equally as profound :)) Mill and many others and I live in the world where people try to make other people play fair and sometimes they don't. And remember, C is average.

Not that I give a damn, but well over half of humanity is stupid to the point that they would die left alone.

The masses are stupid, weak, wrong, and gullible. They don't spontaneously do anything but fart.

Hmmm. Did I say that?

Good post - and I have the party hats ready for your 1000th. All that being said, I think within humanity there is enormous potential*. They are just waiting for a leader (me) to start the new enlightenment.

NOW ACCEPTING PAYPAL.

* This bit was serious.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,01:56   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 04 2007,00:52)

Lenny,

Hmmm. Did I say that?

Good post - and I have the party hats ready for your 1000th. All that being said, I think within humanity there is enormous potential*. They are just waiting for a leader (me) to start the new enlightenment.

NOW ACCEPTING PAYPAL.

* This bit was serious.

Write a book call it "The Mammon Delusion", then create a pseudoscience based cult on some flimsy idea and sit back and count the dollars... everyone else is doing it.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,02:21   

RTH,
I agree about the potential. When you've got 6 billion humans and .5% can tie their shoes, that's still a lot of shoe tying.

I'll have to do something special for # 1000.

k.e.! Is the penis gourd as uncomfortable as it looks? Or did you just check out the other guys'?

--------------

The Daily Wingnut

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,02:25   

Quote (BWE @ June 04 2007,02:21)
RTH,
I agree about the potential. When you've got 6 billion humans and .5% can tie their shoes, that's still a lot of shoe tying.

I'll have to do something special for # 1000.

k.e.! Is the penis gourd as uncomfortable as it looks? Or did you just check out the other guys'?

We're still young. Barley been walking upright for long.

Blow your own trumpet for the big 1k.

Summin' like this.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,16:00   

Hmmm. Did I say that?

Would that not depend upon the environment that they are left in?

What I mean is that people who are considered educated in a western technological environment could find themselves incredibly stupid if dumped in a rainforest without any modern tools.

I am trying to say that what we considered educated might be inaplicable in a diferent environment.

Think "Guns, germs and steel".

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,17:35   

It would be the ones most educated in whatever environment they found themselves. I think those who understand double entry bookkeeping, if they could survive at all would be most likely to win.

But at any rate, those who could devise a system that organizes people into logical groups and uses resources most efficiently would win. The masses simply can't do that.

[/cynicism]

[cynycism again]

--------------

The Daily Wingnut

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,17:38   

I am trying to say that what we considered educated might be inaplicable in a diferent environment.

translocations don't count towards relative generalizations, though, do they.

If I don't speak French (or Polynesian), and get dumped in the middle of French Polynesia on an island somewhere, I won't be able to communicate beyond hand signals.

hasn't much to do with my relative intelligence as applied to where i normally exist.

OTOH, as BWE has noted, you can rapidly gain a quick assesment of the relative level of intelligence of the people you deal with on a daily basis, which was his point.

and it's been exactly my experience for the most part, especially outside of academia.

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

249 replies since May 03 2007,18:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (9) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]