RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < ... 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,07:57   

Show evidence that Stand Up For REAL Science is blocking your comments, or retract your statement.

This really pisses me off.  I don't know if you misunderstood me or if you're twisting my words.  I said...

You've blocked my comments.  I didn't say you've banned me.  Perhaps I should have said "in the past" at the end of that sentence to make it clearer.  I just assumed that "ban" means you're never allowed to comment.  Blocking or deleting posts means the same thing to me.

Why would I lie about the situation????!  I know you post here for heaven's sake.  If I lied, you'd certainly call me on it.

I think you need to retract or state that you misunderstood me.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,08:11   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,07:57)

Show evidence that Stand Up For REAL Science is blocking your comments, or retract your statement.

This really pisses me off.  I don't know if you misunderstood me or if you're twisting my words.  I said...

You've blocked my comments.  I didn't say you've banned me.  Perhaps I should have said "in the past" at the end of that sentence to make it clearer.  I just assumed that "ban" means you're never allowed to comment.  Blocking or deleting posts means the same thing to me.

Why would I lie about the situation????!  I know you post here for heaven's sake.  If I lied, you'd certainly call me on it.

So FTK, have you banned Bipley or are you just deleting all his comments?

What's the difference between the two FTK, I don't understand?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,08:37   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Oct. 06 2008,08:11)

So FTK, have you banned Bipley or are you just deleting all his comments?

What's the difference between the two FTK, I don't understand?

???

I am at the point where I *want* blipey banned because he's nothing other than a pain in the butt...he goes after other commenters and puts me down continuously.  He has no social skills *whatsoever*.  

I mean seriously.  Anyone who has spent any time at all at my blog can see a ****HUGE*** different between comments from evolutionists like Oleg in comparison to guys like Blipes.  HUGE.  

Yes, I want him gone, and if he didn't have an unidentifiable IP address he would be.  

I don't mind a nasty comment here and there, and I let plenty go through.  But, this freaky guy posts from 3-8 posts a day at times.  Right now, since I'm not letting his comments through, he often leaves 3 comments at a time that I have to go through and delete.  He's a loon.  Srsly.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,08:42   

Quote (Assassinator @ Oct. 06 2008,07:57)
Could you be so kind and also show wich comments from blipey you did not show.

How can I do that?  I deleted them.  It's his tone that I simply can't abide by anymore.  He pisses everyone off and deteriorates every single post he's on.  I have to go through and delete all kinds of crap when he gets on a roll.  Other posters get put off with him, and they start swinging so I have to delete their comments as well.

I WANT HIM GONE, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO GET HIM TO LEAVE. I'm willing to make a deal here.  I've had it.

--------------

Assassinator

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,08:57   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,08:42)

How can I do that?  I deleted them.  It's his tone that I simply can't abide by anymore.  He pisses everyone off and deteriorates every single post he's on.  I have to go through and delete all kinds of crap when he gets on a roll.  Other posters get put off with him, and they start swinging so I have to delete their comments as well.

I WANT HIM GONE, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO GET HIM TO LEAVE. I'm willing to make a deal here.  I've had it.

So I should just trust you when you say he's all those things you call him? It would be nice if there would be actual evidence wich supports your claims, try to gather some.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:01   

Well, next time he puts up a comment you don't like (and you won't have long to wait) why don't you post it here so we can all see what sort of crap it is that you have to put up with.

After all, all I can see right now is you badmouthing somebody and providing no evidence. What sort of "deal" do you expect to make under those circumstances? Provide some evidence (I know it's a difficult concept) so people can judge for themselves.

Pardon me FTK, but I won't be changing my opinion of anybody on this forum or anywhere else simply on your say-so. You've, how can I put this politely, not exactly been the most reliable or independent of witnesses.

On the other hand, you could simply let his posts alone and allow your readers to see for themselves what kind of fool he is, you know, let people judge for themselves.

I strongly recommend you read that "welcome to the internet" link. Who exactly do you think you'll be making the deal with and how will it be enforced?

Other posters get put off with him, and they start swinging so I have to delete their comments as well.

Earlier you said you don't delete any comments but Bipley's. Now you are saying that you are deleting responses to his comments from other people. Just admit that you cannot run a blog without censorship, turn off the comments and be done with it.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:02   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,08:37)
 Right now, since I'm not letting his comments through, he often leaves 3 comments at a time that I have to go through and delete.  He's a loon.  Srsly.

If his comments are not appearing on your blog, what's the problem?

Is deleting 3 comments "at a time" such a stretch?

Prove he's a "loon" by posting his own words. Srsly. Or STFU.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:13   

Quote (Assassinator @ Oct. 06 2008,08:57)

So I should just trust you when you say he's all those things you call him? It would be nice if there would be actual evidence wich supports your claims, try to gather some.

Sigh....of course it would be too much to ask that you trust a "creationist".  

Look, I just want to know what it would take to get blipey off my blog.  I'll await his response.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:20   

Well, that right there might make him shut up.  At one point over the  weekend, he posted 6 one line comments in a row that were sitting in moderation.  I can't imagine he'll do that if he knows I'm going to post all his stuff over here each time he posts.  Though, from past experience, blipes doesn't seem to think that is trollish or odd behavior.  

Truly at this point, I don't care what the content of his comments are...I just want him to GO AWAY.  And, don't act like evolutionists never get pissed off at trolls.  I see trolls get banned, and their comments blocked at evolutionists blogs as well.  Kristine's had a run with troll problems in the past.  She handled them like I'm handling blipey.  Why the double standard?

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:31   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,09:20)

Well, that right there might make him shut up.  At one point over the  weekend, he posted 6 one line comments in a row that were sitting in moderation.  I can't imagine he'll do that if he knows I'm going to post all his stuff over here each time he posts.  Though, from past experience, blipes doesn't seem to think that is trollish or odd behavior.  

Truly at this point, I don't care what the content of his comments are...I just want him to GO AWAY.  And, don't act like evolutionists never get pissed off at trolls.  I see trolls get banned, and their comments blocked at evolutionists blogs as well.  Kristine's had a run with troll problems in the past.  She handled them like I'm handling blipey.  Why the double standard?

Give us an example or stop whining.

I tell you what, I'll make Bipley stop posting on your blog if you'll discuss those jellyfish with me.

What say you?

EDIT:
I can't imagine he'll do that if he knows I'm going to post all his stuff over here each time he posts.

Don't you see the irony in that? Might want to flip back to page 1
Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 17 2007,23:38)
"For the kids" is not honest enough to allow comments that make her or her position look foolish go through, so this thread is for cross-posting.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

csadams

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,09:56   

This really pisses me off.  I don't know if you misunderstood me or if you're twisting my words.

Quickly -
Yes, Ftk, I misunderstood you.  I apologize.  I was wrong.

--------------
Stand Up For REAL Science!

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,10:05   

Hmmm.  Deleting one post and "is blocking my comments" seem like two different things to me.  Having done the former is not equivalent to doing the latter.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,10:47   

On UncommonDescent FTK asks

“I wish Darwin wouldn’t have wrote his book and we could see what people would think of life without his “infallible” ideas.”

I often wonder about that myself. If Darwin and the Darwinian crew had never gone the way of molecule to man (common descent vs. common design), would science be where it is today. Is the concept of common descent vital to scientific advancement? If anyone has run across any relevant articles contemplating this scenario, please reference them.

FTK, you've been given several examples already in this thread. Why are you pretending ignorance?

Link

FTK, can you name a single prediction of "common design" that can be checked?

A single one?

EDIT: Oh, and FTK, do you expect to get the same level of discussion from the commenters at UD as you've had on this thread about that subject? Will you draw any conclusions from that? Doubt it...

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

dnmlthr

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:03   

MIT has the material for 40+ undergraduate biology courses available online through the opencourseware program. This includes written material (from the site) and many lectures in both audio and video format (from iTunes U).

The "introductory biology" course of spring 2005 seems to be complete with both video lectures and PDF transcripts of the same.

This makes for a perfect opportunity to test your assertion that obvious falsehoods are taught as fact at the college level.

--------------
Guess what? I don't give a flying f*ck how "science works" - Ftk

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:11   

Quote (csadams @ Oct. 06 2008,09:56)

This really pisses me off.  I don't know if you misunderstood me or if you're twisting my words.

Quickly -

Thank you Cheryl.  I appreciate that.  I'm sorry that I did not make myself clear.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:23   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,11:11)
Quote (csadams @ Oct. 06 2008,09:56)

Quickly -

Thank you Cheryl.  I appreciate that.  I'm sorry that I did not make myself clear.

And so the FTK train chugs along.

Not stopping at discussion, not stopping at debate, not stopping at providing some evidence to prove your case, but instead stopping at the trivial personal issues that FTK can use as cover when ignoring the far more interesting issues along the way.

Such as my challenge. I'll stop Bipley posting at your blog if we have a debate about them there jellyfish.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:28   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 06 2008,10:05)
Hmmm.  Deleting one post and "is blocking my comments" seem like two different things to me.  Having done the former is not equivalent to doing the latter.

Jack,  I've only rarely posted at Stand up for Science.  I doubt I've posted more times than she refered to.  It is not my intention to troll their blog.  I read what they write and only respond on impulse....I try not to comment over there because we obviously will never see eye to eye and it's not terribly beneficial for me to do so.

But it makes no difference if my comment was blocked once or a hundred times.  The point is that if a blogger does not like the tone or the attitude of a person, it is entirely their right to ask them to stop posting or delete their stuff or ban them.  You banned me when you were sick of me.  I have the same right, no?

Like I've made clear many times....evolutionists like Oleg are *MORE* than welcome.  I truly enjoy and look forwrad his comments because he makes me think.  Blipes is just in there to jack my posts and create trouble.  That is obvious to anyone who keeps up with my blog.  He once threatened to take me to the authorities (whatever that means) for not banning or deleting comments that another person posed toward him.    He also told me to quote "get in here and clean up your blog".  *blink*  I had to delete *12* comments from that post that were nothing other than empty threats and bs being posed back and forth between blipe and some other commenter.  

His goal is to make f*ck up every thread, drive us crazy, get me to moderate and then bitch from the rooftops that I'm dishonest because I won't let comments go through.

I've convinced that 75% of you understand my position here, but refuse to acknowledge that I'm dealing with a freaking relentless troll who is impossible to ban.  How would you like to deal with that at your blog, Cheryl?  Would you enjoy that kind of shit?

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:35   

I tell you what, I'll make Bipley stop posting on your blog if you'll discuss those jellyfish with me.

Did YOU read the "Welcome to the Internet" link, oldman?  :D

Besides that, really marvelous.  I would recommend that your series of posts regarding Ftk's blog should be an addendum to the article.  Mini-thread of the week, if it were actually something of import.

Let's try to remember some history, Ftk.  Remember back in the day when Hughes started this thread because of censorship issues?  Well, lots of us had problems with your "only let the comments I agree with go through" policy.  This was sometimes relaxed to "also let posts through by people I think are hawt".

I, and others, pointed out that your claim of dealing failry with issues was patently false.  The content of comments posted at you blog had zero bearing on whether they were posted.  This has always been my contention and has always been my number one problem with you.  You are not about the content.

If you scour through the old pages of this thread you will see many cross-posted examples of this.  I posted dozens of comments here and linked to them at your blog.  They were almost all tagged at the end with: "not appearing here."  I haven't gone back and checked them all but I would not be surprised if quite a few of the links I posted here come up empty.  If you want, I'll spend some time putting together a list of all those comments you deleted and I posted here.  I know you so love the lists.

Meanwhile, here's some examples of trollish comments.  That's right; I was a troll because I asked Jim to expand on his claim.  Read the whole thread; it's short.

Then, of course, there's this thread.  That's right, the thread where I address the topic at hand each time, you call me a troll, and other another commenter (with your blessing?) calls me a pedophile.

Anoher very trollish thread by me, i mean a commenter who isn't me.

I told you once that the best way to run a blog was to publish everything that came in.  Being a GOP rah-rah girl, that free market idea should appeal to you.  There was even a 2 or 3 week period last year that you could have nipped it all in the bud!  During that stretch I posted about 50% on-topic posts and 50% spammish crap.  You posted none of it.  You had an opportunity to learn the power of free speech and you failed.

Now, cross-post my comments here as I did dozens or scores of mine.  I stand by what I say and what I've said.  I may be wrong more often than I like, but them's the breaks.

Otherwise, shut up.

And to finish, I posted a comment to this thread, saying that Larry's argument was nonsensical.  You didn't post it.  You posted Old Coot's comment that was basically word for word what I said.

As always, Ftk, you're about the culture war, about the class divide, about religion, about the anything except the reason.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:39   

Such as my challenge. I'll stop Bipley posting at your blog if we have a debate about them there jellyfish.

Who is this Bipley person?  I'd stop that bastard as well; his name is stoopid! :p

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:40   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,11:28)
Blipes is just in there to jack my posts and create trouble.  That is obvious to anyone who keeps up with my blog.

Blipes is just in there to jack my posts and create trouble.  That is obvious to anyone who keeps up with my blog.  

Then post an example. I'm not going to believe your characterization without evidence.

According to you "design is obvious". Is that like this? An evidence free assertion?

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:45   

Blipey, you little son of a bitch.  I don't care if your posts are on topic, off topic or anything in between.  I want your little ass off my blog.  You have instigated endless flame wars, and I've had to delete dozens of little ridiculous exchanges because of YOU!  Even your "on topic" posts are riddled with ridicule, which makes myself and other posters want to rip you apart.

GET LOST!  I'm serious.  And, as for threatening me with going to the "authorities", that was THE LAST STRAW.  

I've had open moderation for some time now, and I've let everyone's comments go through EXCEPT YOURS.  I deleted ONE of Oleg's comments ONCE because he said something in frustration that was completely irrelevant to the discussion, IMHO.  Every other time, he's been considerate, on topic and non combative.

Bringing up any past history is BS because I've taken the advise of some of the folks here and let everything go through regardless of how *stupid* or *repetative* it may be.

BUT YOU ARE THE EXCEPTION...I'M SICK TO DEATH OF YOUR TROLLISH SELF AND I WANT YOU GONE.  

Maybe I'll just take this up with blogger.com and see if there is some other way to go about getting you off my blog.

I *want* open moderation....I've found that I very much prefer it, so GET LOST.

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:46   

Ftk:
His goal is to make f*ck up every thread, drive us crazy, get me to moderate and then bitch from the rooftops that I'm dishonest because I won't let comments go through.

It's staggering, the number of things you can get exactly backwards.

My goal is to drive you to not moderating anything.  The problem is that you claim to not moderate but do anyway.  Based, as I said above and other places, not on content but on pettiness.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:49   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,11:45)
 Even your "on topic" posts are riddled with ridicule, which makes myself and other posters want to rip you apart.

Example please.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Chayanov

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:49   

She's posted like 10 times this morning screaming about blipey, but we're supposed to believe that he's the disruptive one? Sheesh.

--------------
Help! Marxist literary critics are following me!

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:50   

Oops.  double post.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:52   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 06 2008,11:45)
BUT YOU ARE THE EXCEPTION...I'M SICK TO DEATH OF YOUR TROLLISH SELF AND I WANT YOU GONE.  

Maybe I'll just take this up with blogger.com and see if there is some other way to go about getting you off my blog.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,11:56   

It seems to me obvious that if FtK wants Blipey off her blog all she has to do is not let any of his posts, ever, go though.  Declare him banned and be done with it.  Why is this so hard?

She can do this by moderating all posts to her blog - it's not like she gets hundreds per day.  If she doesn't have a way to ban him automatically, like though an ip address ... well, she just has to make a decision based on the resources she has at hand - that's the way life works for all of us.

So I don't understanding all the whining that is going on over here.  Why doesn't FtK just act and get this over with?

In psychology class we learn that intermittent conditioning is the strongest.  FtK, by sometimes moderating and sometimes not, sometimes not letting posts go through and sometimes not, she teaches everyone involved that moderation policies are erratic and whimsical, and thus people (Blipey included)  keep trying.  If she would just come to a decision and stick with it with consistency she could have things the way she says she wants them.

This is not hard to understand, I don't think.

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,12:02   

I don't think you really want to get into the "call the authorities" do you?  One of the links in my post above is to one of the threads in question.

Series of events:

1.  Blipey posts a comment about Ftk's claim that birth control causes promiscuity.

2.  Anonymous claims that Blipey screws little girls

3.  Blipey continues to explain his argument against Ftk's claim

4.  Anonymous posts again to say that Blipey has ignored him and asks again why Blipey is a pedophile.

5.  Blipey asks that Ftk do something about the obvious troll.

6.  Ftk does nothing except to call Blipey a troll.

7.  On another thread, Anonymous asks again why Blipey is a pedophile and then mentions that he has called the authorities (whoever they might be) and insinuates that the police may get involved.

8.  Blipey asks Ftk to again control the troll.  Also mentions that if Anonymous continues to go unchecked, she might get more attention than she wants at RK.  If indeed the police are going to get involved (which would be reasonable in a suspected case of pedophilia; I'm all for the authorities doing their jobs), her blog and her life might get unduly interrupted.

9.  Ftk screams at Blipey for threatening her with the authorities (whoever they are).  She also completely fails to address Anonymous and his libels.  She does, however, erase much of the thread (which I thanked her for).

ETA: If you've forgotten the exchange, Ftk, I have it archived.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,12:09   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 06 2008,11:56)
It seems to me obvious that if FtK wants Blipey off her blog all she has to do is not let any of his posts, ever, go though.  Declare him banned and be done with it.  Why is this so hard?

She can do this by moderating all posts to her blog - it's not like she gets hundreds per day.  If she doesn't have a way to ban him automatically, like though an ip address ... well, she just has to make a decision based on the resources she has at hand - that's the way life works for all of us.

So I don't understanding all the whining that is going on over here.  Why doesn't FtK just act and get this over with?

In psychology class we learn that intermittent conditioning is the strongest.  FtK, by sometimes moderating and sometimes not, sometimes not letting posts go through and sometimes not, she teaches everyone involved that moderation policies are erratic and whimsical, and thus people (Blipey included)  keep trying.  If she would just come to a decision and stick with it with consistency she could have things the way she says she wants them.

This is not hard to understand, I don't think.

Jack, listen up. This isn't that hard to follow.  

1.  I CAN'T BAN HIM..HIS IP ADDRESS IN UNDETECTIBLE.
2.  I HATE HAVING TO DELETE ALL HIS CRAP IN MODERATION.
3.  OTHERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR COMMENTS TO GO THROUGH WHEN I HAVE MODERATION ON.  I'VE HAD SEVERAL COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS BEFORE.  AFRA. BEING ONE OF THOSE WHO'S COMPLAINED.
4.  WHEN I MODERATE EVERYTHING, PEOPLE THINK I'M NOT LETTING COMMENTS GO THROUGH OTHER THAN BLIPEYS.  I DON'T WANT PEOPLE THINKING THAT.
5.  I WANT TO ALLOW OPEN MODERATION WITHOUT THE FREAKING HASSLES OF ONE ASSHOLE CLOWN.
6.  IF I ALLOW OPEN MODERATION, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DELETE COMMENT AFTER COMMENT OF HIS SHIT.  One of many examples... WHEN I HAD TO NEGLECT MY BLOG FOR A WEEKEND, I HAD A LOT OF CLEAN UP TO DO BECAUSE OF THE CRAP HE CAUSED.

Is that so hard to comprehend?  I've tried asking nicely if he'd avoid commenting at my blog.  I've tried  demanding that he stay off my blog.  I've now been threatened by him for not deleting other people's comments to him.  That was the last straw.  NOW, I WANT THE SOB OFF MY FRIGGIN BLOG.

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2008,12:14   

Jack:

That's an interesting point about whimsical moderation.  It is exactly the moderation criteria she uses that I take issue with.  If she were to moderate by content, she would have no problems with me (well, few problems).  I'm also not sure if I would stop commenting at her blog or not if she were to completely close off.  I probably would.

It would become like UD, which is just not a very interesting place for me any longer.  There are other blogs at which I don't comment anymore because of 100% moderation.

However, there's something about Ftk that is different than other creationists (AFDave was kinda the same).  Most creationists eventually run away and never come back.  Ftk, for whatever reasons, continues to come back for more.  Some small part of me hopes it's because she really does want to learn something.  Because of that, I (and I think Louis, oldman, and some others) keep coming back, though with less fervor than I once would have.

--------------

10202 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < ... 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]