RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (14) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 >   
  Topic: The Joe G Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 11 2007,16:00   

Well, you better stay away from his house.  

I hear he has nunchuck skills.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 11 2007,18:18   

NO!....Not the Yellow Hornet™!

May the Farce be with you!

I tried to post on his blog...and no dice.  I guess he does not like being called a LIAR.

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 11 2007,19:49   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Sep. 11 2007,16:00)
Well, you better stay away from his house.  

I hear he has nunchuck skills.

No, Joe's real weapon is the golf ball retriever.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,08:56   

MEGATARD!

I'm going to have to reproduce the whole thing in case someone from the reality based community has a word with him, and he deletes it:

http://intelligentreasoning.blogspot.com/2007....fi.html

Thursday, September 13, 2007
The Explanatory Filter (EF) used on the Sci-Fi Channel!
All too often I here cries that the Explanatory Filter is not used by anyone, anywhere. I have always responded that the people who say that do not know how to determine design in the absence of watching the designer at work.

But anuway, the Sci-Fi Channel has a show called "Ghost Hunters". Their methodology on the show captures/ models the EF.

That is with every phenomenon they observe they first try to explain it without calls to "ghosts". IOW they set out to debunk the claim(s) of "ghost(s)".

If they have high EMF readings they try to find a normal electrical source.

If doors open and close in the absence of a person they try to find some "natural" cause.

If shadows move across a room they try to find a "natural" cause.

Only once all possible "natural" causes are ruled out do they come to a paranormal inference.

That is the EF in action!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,09:02   

That show hs to be my least favorite Sci-Fi Channel offering.  What a horrible piece of shit.  Of course Joe likes it; I'm surprised he just found it.

They basically follow a group of ghostbusters around.  These are not people who are interested in debunking ghosts, rather people who are actively looking for them.

And the real question begged here:

Why has JoeG never applied the EF himself, since it is so easy a group of retards on the Sci-Fi Channel can do it?

So how about it, Joe?  Care to apply the EF to any of the many scenarios that have been proposed to you?

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,09:05   

Only once all possible "natural" causes are ruled out do they come to a paranormal inference.

OK, I've got it by George!!!

The EF is a UFO anal probe, why didn't they just say so in the first place?

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,09:10   

Um...how can they be sure that ALL possible natural casuses have been ruled out?

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,09:40   

So the people on "Ghost Hunters" are using your methodology, huh....

Not much I have to add to that.

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,11:20   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Sep. 13 2007,08:56)
MEGATARD!

I'm going to have to reproduce the whole thing in case someone from the reality based community has a word with him, and he deletes it:

http://intelligentreasoning.blogspot.com/2007....fi.html

Thursday, September 13, 2007
The Explanatory Filter (EF) used on the Sci-Fi Channel!
All too often I here cries that the Explanatory Filter is not used by anyone, anywhere. I have always responded that the people who say that do not know how to determine design in the absence of watching the designer at work.

But anuway, the Sci-Fi Channel has a show called "Ghost Hunters". Their methodology on the show captures/ models the EF.

That is with every phenomenon they observe they first try to explain it without calls to "ghosts". IOW they set out to debunk the claim(s) of "ghost(s)".

If they have high EMF readings they try to find a normal electrical source.

If doors open and close in the absence of a person they try to find some "natural" cause.

If shadows move across a room they try to find a "natural" cause.

Joe "likes" putting "natural" in "scare quotes" but he can't "spell" the "word" hear.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2007,12:03   

Joe also makes a huge leap of faith...that the appearance of design proves design.

Joe, again....when concepts that you point out Irreducibly Complex...are explained by "natural" (lol) causes...why does that not invalidate IC???

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,18:35   

I think I just got banned from dippy Joe's blog!

Woo-Hoo!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,19:08   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Dec. 11 2007,18:35)

Woo-Hoo!

You mean from this thread:
New comments have been disabled for this post by a blog administrator.

Nice job.

Linky

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,19:16   

Rich you have been hard at work in those tardmines.  That requires perseverance, dedication, and also being a little bit fuct in the old noggin-space.  I salute you sir.  It is hard to waste time any more efficiently than that.  I admit that I cannot even read all of the posts on that blog, but you sir have been a tireless soldier and a diligent defender of all that is not tard.  

I would buy you a beer if you were any where close to here at all.  37920?

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

uriel

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,21:36   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Dec. 11 2007,18:35)

Guess I might have had something to do with that, being a "new" poster who apparently couldn't stay 'on topic'. Sorry.

Really, all I was trying to do was helpfully jog the guy's memory as to what that 'constructal theory' thing he was crowing about actually meant.

Given his world-renown, awesomely-awesome membrin' skillz, I thought he'd want to avoid ruining his mad memory rep by looking like he forgot that the article he linked to had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Who knew he had such thin skin? ???

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,22:16   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Dec. 11 2007,19:16)
Rich you have been hard at work in those tardmines.  That requires perseverance, dedication, and also being a little bit fuct in the old noggin-space.  I salute you sir.  It is hard to waste time any more efficiently than that.  I admit that I cannot even read all of the posts on that blog, but you sir have been a tireless soldier and a diligent defender of all that is not tard.  

where dat?

60605, me chief.

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,22:18   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Dec. 11 2007,22:16)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Dec. 11 2007,19:16)

where dat?

Googling zipcodes tells you where they are very quickly. Ras is in Knoxville, Tennessee.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,22:34   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ Dec. 11 2007,22:18)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Dec. 11 2007,22:16)

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Dec. 11 2007,19:16)

where dat?

Googling zipcodes tells you where they are very quickly. Ras is in Knoxville, Tennessee.

well if I'm ever within 100 miles...

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 11 2007,23:39   

Then you be knowin what to be doin.

--------------

Dazza McTrazza

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,09:14   

Not sure if anyone cares but I responded to Joe's latest post as follows:

Is Joe G an Intellectual Coward? It appears that way.
But appearences can be decieving (sic) so I defer to the evidence so that you can make your own decision:

1- Joe G is always quick to disparage anyone who comes to his site, but when pressed it is obvious he doesn't even understand basic biology. IOW he appears to be too lazy to do any actual research about the subject.

2- When pressed to support his ID position so that we can compare the two, he never does.

3- Instead of staying on-topic in any thread that requests that he support his point-of-view, he hems, haws, beats-around-the-bush, quotes The Privileged Planet, calls people stupid, throws a few online tantrums, but never does as requested.

4- A lot of people have asked, several times now, that the IDists present a testable hypothesis based on their ID position. That is present a testable that demonstrates telic, ie non-stochastic, processes can do what they claim. Yet all we get is more nonsense, o (sic) substance and definitely no hypothesis.

5- When told that there isn't any data, scientific or otherwise, that demonstrates that the physiological and anatomical differences between land mammals and cetaceans, between chimps and humans, can be explained by a designer all we get in return is a vague literature bluff- meaning the answer I get is "It's in the Privileged Planet."

However evolution is not being debated - it's already an established fact making this blog totally redundant other than as a form of christian apologetics. And the data I requested is not in any peer-reviewed journal- yes I have looked. If Joe G thinks I am wrong the easiest way to support that claim is to find ONE peer-reviewed artcle that contains the data I requested.

6- When all else fails we get banned or moderated.

The only reason for such a ban/moderation is that it's easier than having to face reailty.

The bottom line is their position does not make any predictions based on any telic, ie non-stochastic, process. The position can't be objectively tested.

That is why he will not answer our request. To do so would be to expose his position for what it is- faith trying to be passed off as science.

IOW the IDists are nothing but intellectual cowards.

And all the above is why I hope Joe G will be running for his local school board in the next election. Getting this chump in Court and forcing him to answer any question regarding biology will be well worth the resulting hilarity. No one has yet to say anything about Joe G's presentations in area kindergartens, so I doubt anything will change once he becomes milk monitor for a week.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,09:23   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Dec. 11 2007,23:39)

Then you be knowin what to be doin.

Cheers, fella. Likewise (or any of you lot) for tropical Chicago.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,09:28   

Magic Dazza. Don't forget his veiled threats of violence.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,09:34   

I like Joe's blog because every other would could be unicorns and it'd make no difference

2- As there isn't any data, evidence or observations that demonstrate living organisms unicorns can arise from non-living matter unicorns via purely stochastic processes, the anti-ID materialists unicorns take that position on faith and faith alone.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,15:52   

https://www.blogger.com/comment....5980302

Joe G said...
BTW I can repair refrigerators. Did you have a point?

I can repair anything that is man-made. Anything. And again- did you have a point?

The is the beauty of being me- anything that any man does I can understand.

My gift, for someone without a sig.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,15:54   

I replied:

That's awesome Joe. Why did you pick the lucrative world of consumer appliances when your mad repair skillz plus denialism tendencies would make you  shoe in for UFO reverse engineering at area 51?

Don't think it will make it through.

--------------

C.J.O'Brien

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,16:06   

Santa rocks. Thankee Santy Claws.

--------------
--Joe G

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 12 2007,16:52   

Quote (C.J.O'Brien @ Dec. 12 2007,17:06)

Santa rocks. Thankee Santy Claws.

And they call him Sandy Claws!

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2007,12:02   

I don't know why, but Joe G just strikes me as a loud mouth pussy.

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2007,12:09   

Quote (Steverino @ Dec. 13 2007,12:02)

I know why.  His cookies aren't all there, but he still likes to eat.

--------------

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2007,12:19   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Dec. 12 2007,15:52)
https://www.blogger.com/comment....5980302

Joe G said...
BTW I can repair refrigerators. Did you have a point?

I can repair anything that is man-made. Anything. And again- did you have a point?

Someone should archive Joe's whole blog, in the event that he follows through on his blustering about trying to be elected to his local school board. Unless, of course, he's really so stupid as to leave the blog up for everyone to see.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2007,13:17   

Quote (Steverino @ Dec. 13 2007,12:02)

Classic bully. Will try and intimidate but backs of quickly when you stand up to him.

--------------

409 replies since June 27 2007,11:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (14) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]