RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (16) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 >   
  Topic: Unintelligent Reasoning< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 22 2010,22:41   

Quote (blipey @ Jan. 22 2010,21:12)
Just in: Eating right and exercise(?) solve all health problems!!!

JoeTard, MD

If people eat right and take care of themselves then health care won't be an issue.

Do you guys still have some of that Ebola you're known for in stock?  I think we should let Joe test his hypothesis.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 22 2010,22:58   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Jan. 22 2010,22:41)
Quote (blipey @ Jan. 22 2010,21:12)

JoeTard, MD

If people eat right and take care of themselves then health care won't be an issue.

Do you guys still have some of that Ebola you're known for in stock?  I think we should let Joe test his hypothesis.

Someone should ask him to produce the EOB's from his knee injury, and subsequent surgeries, so we can see just how much money health insurance saved him.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 22 2010,23:58   

Reminds me of a title of a list of books from George Carlin: "Eat Right, Stay Thin, and Die Anyway".

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 23 2010,10:56   

Quote (blipey @ Jan. 22 2010,22:12)

JoeTard, MD

Can I say how much I hate that crap? Some of us drew the short straw in DNA.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 23 2010,16:16   

Quote (khan @ Jan. 23 2010,10:56)

JoeTard, MD

I wonder if maybe my genes are worth a fortune:

I measured 1.86m tall weighing around 63 kilos at 20, in 1950. That's been my matchweight ever since. All attempts at eating more to gain weight have been unsuccessful. I've always had a good appetite, and eat till my tummy aches.

My weight is a little less nowadays and I try not to stuff myself like I used to since that makes me uncomfortable.

I have two brothers, one older and one younger than me and they are of a similar build. There must be a reason. I suspect my brain is burning most of the energy.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 23 2010,16:29   

Quote (Quack @ Jan. 23 2010,17:16)

JoeTard, MD

I measured 1.86m tall weighing around 63 kilos at 20, in 1950. That's been my matchweight ever since. All attempts at eating more to gain weight have been unsuccessful. I've always had a good appetite, and eat till my tummy aches.

My weight is a little less nowadays and I try not to stuff myself like I used to since that makes me uncomfortable.

I have two brothers, one older and one younger than me and they are of a similar build. There must be a reason. I suspect my brain is burning most of the energy.

I have inherited: cartilage degeneration, carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve entrapment.  Also migraines, but they went away after menopause.

Really want to smack those (including my idiot sister) who tell me that diet & exercise will 'cure' me.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

-JoeG

MichaelJ

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 23 2010,18:02   

Quote (khan @ Jan. 24 2010,07:29)
Quote (Quack @ Jan. 23 2010,17:16)

JoeTard, MD

I have inherited: cartilage degeneration, carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve entrapment.  Also migraines, but they went away after menopause.

Really want to smack those (including my idiot sister) who tell me that diet & exercise will 'cure' me.

While no doubt diet and exercise can make us feel better it is annoying that there are those who can think it can solve everything.

Similarly, The right approach and attitude is a great part of success** but this doesn't mean that sitting at home wishing for a sports car (ala 'the secret') is going to make it happen.

** Ever since I have started my own business, Marketing has fascinated me and a common theme of successful salesmen is not all just being gifted it is just being out there. A guy who won the award for best realestate salesman in the state told me that the industry average is 100 prospects per sale and his attitude is to hunt out those 100 prospects over a day or two rather than take weeks like other sales people. Richard Wiseman (I think) also did a study of 'lucky' people and found out that their luck took a lot of hard work and a few failures.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 23 2010,19:19   

Old school measurements: 5'10", 155 (+/- 5 lbs) since graduating class of '78.

My lady is 5'2' and about 200.

But: she can fall asleep in less than a minute, while I stare at the ceiling for at least 1/2 hour every night.

It's the hummingbird and the narcoleptic Willendorf Venus.

But I've never found a more perfect match. :-)

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2010,07:49   

IDguy sees a kettle:
So why should anyone listen to trollegt's opinions?

Do they carry any weight at all?

From what I can tell olegt is a clsssic case of a strawman erector.

He sure as hell cannot support his position but he can attack people as well as anyone.

As for PZ he flat out stated that his ilk should put on the brass knuckles and steel-toed boots and come after the people who are not like him.

Link.
It's almost as if he knows, at some level, he's talking about himself. A know-nothing POS who cannot support his position but can attack people as well as anyone.

Hey, IDguy, noticed that nobody reply's to your posts? Seems like before long the only people who will talk to you will be here.

So, about that debate. Still waiting! Still here.

Coward!

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 12 2010,20:59   

ID guy: Zachriel spreading lies about me:

Bradford asked that the thread not be derailed, and responding to ID guy's rants are more properly addressed here.

Quote (Zachriel @ Jan. 21 2010,11:28)

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Jan. 20 2010,15:00)
ID Brainbox Joe/ID Guy is having a great meltdown at TT, courtesy of Zachriel.

Yes you can represent base 10 as fractions of a bit, but how do you transmit it?

Say I wanted to send one decimal digit in binary, ie bits- what would the sequence look like, in 1s and 0s?

Classic Tard. Well worth reading the whole exchange.

ID guy insists that Shannon Information doesn't deal in fractional bits, even when it was pointed out that Shannon said "a decimal digit is about 3 1/3 bits."

Shannon must not have understood Shannon Information.

ID guy rarely responds to requests for clarification, and his position is often inconsistent, so it's sometimes difficult to understand his position. From the thread at issue:

Zachriel: If we assume a uniform distribution of amino acids, then there are about 4½ bits per amino acid.

ID guy: How does one transmit "about a half of bit"? I am pretty sure Shannon was concerned with the transmission and storage of bits. Did he discuss 1/2 bit transmission and storage?

It's clear that ID guy doesn't think that a partial bit can be transmitted. If we have no idea what the next bit in a transmission will be, it transmits one bit of information. If we know with certainty what the next bit in a transmission will be, it transmits zero bits of information. If we have some idea short of certainty what the next bit in a transmission will be, it transmits a partial bit of information.

{Added: midwifetoad suggested above a simple encoding that unambiguously transmits three decimal digits with 10 binary bits, or 3 1/3 bits per decimal digit. That's at about maximum compression for arbitrary decimal digits, by the way.}

ID guy: You are a lying little punk.

We honestly think ID guy ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

rhmc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,08:17   

well, to some degree, i can understand his confusion.

a bit being an binary 1 or 0 (on or off), how does one transmit half of an on or off ?

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,08:36   

Quote (rhmc @ Feb. 13 2010,08:17)
well, to some degree, i can understand his confusion.

a bit being an binary 1 or 0 (on or off), how does one transmit half of an on or off ?

Yes, the confusion is understandable. Not a problem. But one can't hardly defend this statement,

Zachriel: If we assume a uniform distribution of amino acids, then there are about 4½ bits per amino acid.

which he questioned, without discussing why Shannon information can be measured in fractional bits. We're even willing to admit misunderstanding his misunderstanding. He seemed to agree that one could store partial bits, but not transmit them. However, with ID guy, no productive discussion is possible.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

rhmc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,08:48   

one could store and transmit the "state" of half a bit if one used three bits.

edited to add: assuming half-on is a different state than half-off.  otherwise, two bits would suffice.

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,08:49   

Joe's Health Insurance "Plan"

As for insurance- that is nonsense and a scam.

You can pay into it all your life, barely ever use it, and never get your money back.

Personally I would have been much better off taking the money I have paid for health insurance throughout my life and sticking it into a savings account- pay myself instead of an insurance company.

Then if I needed money for a doctor I go to that account.

So that is what I say the government should do- Mandate those types of accounts and if you don't have enough money to cover it then you get a loan and pay that back with the money you would normally put into that account.

This "plan" may help with the "health" part. If people understand they get the money if they don't spend it on "care" it would be an incentive to get and stay healthy.

Stupid does not begin to describe it.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,08:58   

And that proposal is coming from a guy who has a family history of cancer:
And if we didn't have to spend so much time and effort caring for people who could just prevent their problems by living healthy perhaps we could focus on issues like the one you say you have.

My sister died of a brain tumor when she was 3.

My mother had breast cancer.

My father had a brain tumor.

Cancer in my family is from each side and it runs deep- I am doing everything I can to avoid that fate.

Words fail me.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,09:50   

Quote (Zachriel @ Feb. 12 2010,21:59)
We honestly think ID guy ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.

He still has the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and he wants to help you.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,13:37   

How to transmit fractions of bits? By combinging the fractional bits into a single binary number, and rounding up if it's not a whole number of bits.

For example, when transmitting a 6 digit decimal number, in which each decimal digit has a fractional number of bits, just convert it to binary and transmit the bits. The receiver can use division and modulo operations to separate the decimal digits again (computers do that all the time when doing I/O).

(There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.)

Henry

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,13:43   

Quote (olegt @ Feb. 13 2010,09:49)

You can pay into it all your life, barely ever use it, and never get your money back.

Personally I would have been much better off taking the money I have paid for health insurance throughout my life and sticking it into a savings account- pay myself instead of an insurance company.

So that is what I say the government should do- Mandate those types of accounts and if you don't have enough money to cover it then you get a loan and pay that back with the money you would normally put into that account.

This "plan" may help with the "health" part. If people understand they get the money if they don't spend it on "care" it would be an incentive to get and stay healthy.

I just want to mention that I have inherited all sorts of shit that will cripple/disable me.

And I am really pissed at those yahoos that suggest I could be better (change my DNA?) by changing diet/happy thoughts/other shit.

--------------

-JoeG

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 18 2010,03:15   

Another threat of violence from the internet tough guy
If I really bother you that much I can drive to Johns Hopkins and we can sort it out…

Drive? With a bad knee? No, no need Joe...
He acts like a child throwing a tantrum. He needs a spanking.

And I think you need your nappy changing Joe.

Just another day at TT

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,07:34   

Quote (olegt @ Feb. 13 2010,08:49)

Stupid does not begin to describe you oleg.

But I already knew that...

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,07:35   

Quote (olegt @ Feb. 13 2010,08:58)
And that proposal is coming from a guy who has a family history of cancer:

And if we didn't have to spend so much time and effort caring for people who could just prevent their problems by living healthy perhaps we could focus on issues like the one you say you have.

Cancer in my family is from each side and it runs deep- I am doing everything I can to avoid that fate.

Words fail me.

Thought processes also fail you.

What part of "prevention" don't you understand?

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,07:37   

Quote (khan @ Feb. 13 2010,13:43)
Quote (olegt @ Feb. 13 2010,09:49)

I just want to mention that I have inherited all sorts of shit that will cripple/disable me.

And I am really pissed at those yahoos that suggest I could be better (change my DNA?) by changing diet/happy thoughts/other shit.

Khan,

Obviously you haven't read what I posted- either that or you just cannot comprehend it.

The vast majority of sick people are that way because of their chosen lifestyle.

If we get rid of those sickies- just by changing that lifestyle, then more time and effort can be spent trying to figure out how to cure/ help people like you- people who really need it.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,08:16   

Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 23 2010,07:37)
The vast majority of sick people are that way because of their chosen lifestyle.

Citation please.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,08:19   

Joe, aren't you the nimrod who suggested drinking straight hydrogen peroxide as a 'preventive'?

How's that workin' out for ya?   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,09:43   

Cancer in my family is from each side and it runs deep

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,09:49   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Feb. 23 2010,09:43)

Cancer in my family is from each side and it runs deep

That's just sad, and perhaps why he feels medicine failed him.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,10:46   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Feb. 23 2010,08:16)

Citation please.

There is no need for a citation; JoeTard knows this is true and that's enough.  He knows it's true because in order to argue for a position you must assume that position is true from the get-go.

That is how argumentation works, right Joe?

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,10:48   

Quote (blipey @ Feb. 23 2010,10:46)
Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Feb. 23 2010,08:16)

Citation please.

There is no need for a citation; JoeTard knows this is true and that's enough.  He knows it's true because in order to argue for a position you must assume that position is true from the get-go.

That is how argumentation works, right Joe?

JoeTard, you said your wife and daughter got sick but not you? Could you tell us what "lifestyle choices" led to that situation?

Perhaps they simply need to chug some peroxide!

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Tom Ames

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2010,12:29   

Clearly, Joe's health plan does nothing for sufferers of traumatic brain injury.

Edited by Tom Ames on Feb. 23 2010,10:29

--------------
-Tom Ames

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 24 2010,08:57   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Feb. 23 2010,08:19)
Joe, aren't you the nimrod who suggested drinking straight hydrogen peroxide as a 'preventive'?

How's that workin' out for ya?   :D

Not Occam's Afterbirth, I never said anything of the kind.

Perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and face reality.

--------------

456 replies since April 23 2006,10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (16) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]