RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:17   

You used that one earlier, Joe.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:26   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 08 2012,15:50)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 08 2012,09:24)

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,08:55)
Hey fuck-breath- all you have to do to refute what I say is demonstrate that nature, operating freely can produce a living organism from non-living matter.

Let's say we manage to recreate 'natural' conditions that produce a living organism from non-living matter.

What sort of test could be done to show conclusively that nature was indeed 'acting freely' and not being controlled behind-the-scenes by some superintelligent, superpowerful agency?

Please be specific.

Bumped for Joe the chickenshit to avoid again.

Bumped for Joe the chickenshit to avoid yet again.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:31   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,18:08)
Umm archaeologists and forensic scientists can and do determine design BEFORE knowing anything about the designer- and there are unsolved crimes and there are artifacts taht we don't know if humans didit- see Puma Punku, for one.

Joe ahead Joe.  Show us a reference, any reference, that says archaeologists are unsure if Pumapunku was built by humans.

Assclown.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:43   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 08 2012,16:31)
Umm archaeologists and forensic scientists can and do determine design BEFORE knowing anything about the designer- and there are unsolved crimes and there are artifacts taht we don't know if humans didit- see Puma Punku, for one.

Joe ahead Joe.  Show us a reference, any reference, that says archaeologists are unsure if Pumapunku was built by humans.

Assclown.

This could be fun - I think we may be about to open a rich new seam at the tardmine.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:43   

occam's asslicker:
What sort of test could be done to show conclusively that nature was indeed 'acting freely' and not being controlled behind-the-scenes by some superintelligent, superpowerful agency?

LoL! That's not how it works tardshit- there has to be POSITIVE evidence of agency involvement

If scientists were to set it and forget- under realistic conditions- that would be all that would be required.

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:46   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 08 2012,18:31)

Assclown.

Show me ONE where they proved it was humans- your evotard brethen used proved- so please reference one peer-reviewed paper in which it was proven it was humans who moved and carved those stones.

Have you even been there?

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:47   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:43)
LoL! That's not how it works tardshit- there has to be POSITIVE evidence of agency involvement

On the unlikely assumption that the penny's finally dropped, and this isn't Joe's left neuron not knowing what his right neuron is doing:

Exactly.  There has to be POSITIVE evidence of agency involvement.  And you've got none.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:47   

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 08 2012,18:17)

Dude- you have been boring me since I read your first post.

Get real....

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:49   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 08 2012,18:47)

On the unlikely assumption that the penny's finally dropped, and this isn't Joe's left neuron not knowing what his right neuron is doing:

Exactly.  There has to be POSITIVE evidence of agency involvement.  And you've got none.

Strange taht I, and otjhers, have presented plenty.

OTOH there is still the issue of your position having absolutely nothing...

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:49   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,18:47)

Get real....

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:50   

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 08 2012,18:49)

Get real....

Exactly- Thank you for proving my point- as if I needed more proof.

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:50   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:49)

"Looks designed to me" isn't evidence, science boy.

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:51   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,18:50)
Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 08 2012,18:49)

Get real....

Exactly- Thank you for proving my point- as if I needed more proof.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:53   

Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 08 2012,16:07)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,15:46)
Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 08 2012,10:18)

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,08:49)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 08 2012,08:17)

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,08:08)
Dumbas evoTARDS still ignoring the obvious:

1- Forensics says it can determine design from nature, operating freely

2- Archaeology claims it can determine design from nature, operating freely

3- evotards claim they can determine design from nature, operating freely

Yet kevin "thinks" his strawman of a challenge only applies to ID-

talk about retarded...

1- Forensics says it can determine HUMAN design from nature, operating freely

2- Archaeology claims it can determine HUMAN design from nature, operating freely

3- evotards claim they can determine HUMAN design from nature, operating freely

We can determine HUMAN design only because we have prior knowledge of HUMAN DESIGNERS and the processes they use to compare against.

Why do you keep ignoring that obvious point Joe?

Wow, nice ignorance there-

Forensics doesn't know if it was a human or not until they follow the EVIDENCE

Archaeology- well they can only speculate "humans didit"

evoTARDS say that living organisms aren't designed, dumbass, so they claim they can tell even if it wasn't a human.

We can determine design from nature, operating freely due to our knowledge of cause and effect relationships. And to refute ANY design inference all one has to do is step up and demonstrate that nature, operating freely, can produce it.

No, archaeologists can prove humans did it. Over and above that archaeologist use those artifacts to make inferences about the designers of those artifacts - something ID refuses to do - such as about subsistence behavior, social organization, political integration and religious ideology, to name a few. One thing an archaeologist would not do, however, is extrapolate from human agency and our ability to detect human design to an agency capable of, say, fine tuning the universe and creating life as we know it.

How can anyone prove a human didit wrt ancient events?

ID just makes the who and how separate questions

And again you can always step up and refute ID by demonstrating necessity and chance are good enough...

There are a number of techniques one can use to determine whether an artifact was made by humans, such as, but not limited to the way the item was manufactured, microscopic examination of the use wear on the artifact, if any, and the resulting staining. An archaeologist does not need to actually witness an artifact being made to infer human design.  
And, hello, ID is not about the designer and it is obvious that in the absence of direct observation or designer input, the only way to make any scientific determination about the designer(s) or the specific process(es) used is by studying the design and all relevant evidence.

That is my point. Where ID refuses to make any inference about the designer, archaeologists have developed a rather large body of theory to allow them to do what ID is incapable of doing, which is making inferences about the designer(s) of the artifacts found in the archaeological record. If archaeology just limited itself to identifying whether a given item was a human made artifact or the result of natural processes, as ID does, it wouldn't be science it would be little better than stamp collecting.

BTW, ID does NOT prevent anyone from making an inference about the designer, nor the process- however, as I said, there is only one way to go about that, scientifically.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:54   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 08 2012,18:50)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:49)

"Looks designed to me" isn't evidence, science boy.

1- Saying "it looks designed" is more than enough reason to check into that possibility

2- Saying "it looks designed but it ain't because I am an evotard that sez so", isn't evidence, dipshit boy

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:56   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:54)
1- Saying "it looks designed" is more than enough reason to check into that possibility

And the reason you haven't would be...?

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,18:58   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 08 2012,18:56)

We have. That is why there is Intelligent Design.

OTOH, your position still has nothing....

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:00   

Joe, you offered to do some calculations for money.  I have expressed an interest in paying you.  I just need to assess your level of mathematical competence.  Pick a math problem and solve it (showing your work)--you can choose the material.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:01   

Umm archaeologists and forensic scientists can and do determine design BEFORE knowing anything about the designer

I didn't claim otherwise, what I said was:

Where ID refuses to make any inference about the designer, archaeologists have developed a rather large body of theory to allow them to do what ID is incapable of doing, which is making inferences about the designer(s) of the artifacts found in the archaeological record. If archaeology just limited itself to identifying whether a given item was a human made artifact or the result of natural processes, as ID does, it wouldn't be science it would be little better than stamp collecting.

In other words once a design inference is made archaeologists then proceed to the main part of the archaeological endeavor. Which is inferring things about the designer of the artifact(s). This is something that, inexplicably, ID refuses to do.

Pumapunku? LOL

Despite the abundant theories among crackpots about space aliens, Pumapunku was part of a Tiwanaku ceremonial center and is similar to many other Tiwanaku ceremonial centers in Bolivia. It was later used by the Inka (used to be spelled Inca but it was changed awhile back) for much the same purposes.

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

FTK: I Didn't answer your questions because it beats the hell out of me.

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:04   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:58)

So you can show us, using the earth-shatteringly effective methodology of Intelligent Design, that something was designed, yes?  Have at it.

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:17   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 08 2012,19:04)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,16:58)

So you can show us, using the earth-shatteringly effective methodology of Intelligent Design, that something was designed, yes?  Have at it.

--------------

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:24   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 08 2012,15:59)
Here... let's have that question again, which has ONLY to do with AMOUNT OF INFORMATION.

Joe, I have presented two DNA sequences.  Since I know you like context so much, these are both DNA sequences in human beings... indeed one human can even have both of them.  They both produce functional proteins.  

Now, please choose a definition of 'information'.  State that definition.  Then using that definition tell us which DNA sequence contains more information and why... or that they contain the same amount of information.  

In case you are curious, both sequences are exactly the same length, with only the single point mutation in the 7th codon being different.

(I really can't give any more hints than this)

ATG GTG GAC CTG ACT CCT GTG GAG AAG TCT GCC GTT ACT GCC CTG TGG GGC AAG GTG
AAC GTG GAT GAA GGT GGT GTT GAG GCC CTG GGC AGGTTGGTATCAAGGTTACAAGACAGGTTTAAG
GAGACCAATAGAAACTGGGCATGTGGAGACAGAGAAGACTCTTGGGTTTCTGATAGGCACTGACTCTCTCTGCCTATT
GGTCTATTTTCCCACCCTTAG G CTG CTG GTG GTC TAC CCT TGG ACC CAG AGG TTC TTT GAG
TCC TTT GGG GAT CTG TCC ACT CCT GAT GCT GTT ATG GGC AAC CCT AAG GTG AAG GCT
CAT GGC AAG AAA GTG CTC GGT GCC TTT AGT GAT GGC CTG GCT CAC CTG GAC AAC CTC
AAG GGC ACC TTT GCC ACA CTG AGT GAG CTG CAC TGT GAC AAG CTG CAC GTG GAT CCT
GAG AAC TTC AGG GTGAGTCTATGGGACCCTTGATGTTTTCTTTCCCCTTCTTTTCTATGGTTAAGTTCATGTC
ATAGGAAGGGGAGAAGTAACAGGGTACAGTTTAGAATGGGAAACAGACGAATGATTGCATCAGTGTGGAAGTCTCA
GGATCGTTTTAGTTTCTTTTATTTGCTGTTCATAACAATTGTTTTCTTTTGTTTAATTCTTGCTTTCTTTTTTTTTCT
TCTCCGCAATTTTTACTATTATACTTAATGCCTTAACATTGTGTATAACAAAAGGAAATATCTCTGAGATACATTAAG
TAACTTAAAAAAAAACTTTACACAGTCTGCCTAGTACATTACTATTTGGAATATATGTGTGCTTATTTGCATATTCAT
AATCTCCCTACTTTATTTTCTTTTATTTTTAATTGATACATAATCATTATACATATTTATGGGTTAAAGTGTAATGTT
TTAATATGTGTACACATATTGACCAAATCAGGGTAATTTTGCATTTGTAATTTTAAAAAATGCTTTCTTCTTTTAATA
TACTTTTTTGTTTATCTTATTTCTAATACTTTCCCTAATCTCTTTCTTTCAGGGCAATAATGATACAATGTATCATGC
CTCTTTGCACCATTCTAAAGAATAACAGTGATAATTTCTGGGTTAAGGCAATAGCAATATTTCTGCATATAAATATTT
CTGCATATAAATTGTAACTGATGTAAGAGGTTTCATATTGCTAATAGCAGCTACAATCCAGCTACCATTCTGCTTTTA
TTTTATGGTTGGGATAAGGCTGGATTATTCTGAGTCCAAGCTAGGCCCTTTTGCTAATCATGTTCATACCTCTTATCT
TCCTCCCACAG CTC CTG GGC AAC GTG CTG GTC TGT GTG CTG GCC CAT CAC TTT GGC AAA
GAA TTC ATC CCA CCA GTG CAG GCT GCC TAT CAG AAA GTG GTG GCT GGT GTG GCT AAT
GCC CTG GCC CAC AAG TAT CAC TAA GCTCGCTTTCTTGCTGTCCAATTTCTATTAAAGGTTCCTTTGTT
CCCTAAGTCCAACTACTAAACTGGGGGATATTATGAAGGGCCTTGAGCATCTGGATTCTGCCTAATAAAAAACATTTA
TTTTCATTGCAATGATGTATTTAAATTATTTCTGAATATTTTACTAAAAAGGGAATGTGGGAGGTCAGTGCATTTAAA
ACATAAAGAAATGATGAGCTGTTCAAACCTTGGGAAAATACACTATATCTTAAACTCCATGAAAGAA

ATG GTG GAC CTG ACT CCT GAG GAG AAG TCT GCC GTT ACT GCC CTG TGG GGC AAG GTG
AAC GTG GAT GAA GGT GGT GTT GAG GCC CTG GGC AGGTTGGTATCAAGGTTACAAGACAGGTTTAAG
GAGACCAATAGAAACTGGGCATGTGGAGACAGAGAAGACTCTTGGGTTTCTGATAGGCACTGACTCTCTCTGCCTATT
GGTCTATTTTCCCACCCTTAG G CTG CTG GTG GTC TAC CCT TGG ACC CAG AGG TTC TTT GAG
TCC TTT GGG GAT CTG TCC ACT CCT GAT GCT GTT ATG GGC AAC CCT AAG GTG AAG GCT
CAT GGC AAG AAA GTG CTC GGT GCC TTT AGT GAT GGC CTG GCT CAC CTG GAC AAC CTC
AAG GGC ACC TTT GCC ACA CTG AGT GAG CTG CAC TGT GAC AAG CTG CAC GTG GAT CCT
GAG AAC TTC AGG GTGAGTCTATGGGACGCTTGATGTTTTCTTTCCCCTTCTTTTCTATGGTTAAGTTCATGTC
ATAGGAAGGGGAGAAGTAACAGGGTACAGTTTAGAATGGGAAACAGACGAATGATTGCATCAGTGTGGAAGTCTCA
GGATCGTTTTAGTTTCTTTTATTTGCTGTTCATAACAATTGTTTTCTTTTGTTTAATTCTTGCTTTCTTTTTTTTTCT
TCTCCGCAATTTTTACTATTATACTTAATGCCTTAACATTGTGTATAACAAAAGGAAATATCTCTGAGATACATTAAG
TAACTTAAAAAAAAACTTTACACAGTCTGCCTAGTACATTACTATTTGGAATATATGTGTGCTTATTTGCATATTCAT
AATCTCCCTACTTTATTTTCTTTTATTTTTAATTGATACATAATCATTATACATATTTATGGGTTAAAGTGTAATGTT
TTAATATGTGTACACATATTGACCAAATCAGGGTAATTTTGCATTTGTAATTTTAAAAAATGCTTTCTTCTTTTAATA
TACTTTTTTGTTTATCTTATTTCTAATACTTTCCCTAATCTCTTTCTTTCAGGGCAATAATGATACAATGTATCATGC
CTCTTTGCACCATTCTAAAGAATAACAGTGATAATTTCTGGGTTAAGGCAATAGCAATATTTCTGCATATAAATATTT
CTGCATATAAATTGTAACTGATGTAAGAGGTTTCATATTGCTAATAGCAGCTACAATCCAGCTACCATTCTGCTTTTA
TTTTATGGTTGGGATAAGGCTGGATTATTCTGAGTCCAAGCTAGGCCCTTTTGCTAATCATGTTCATACCTCTTATCT
TCCTCCCACAG CTC CTG GGC AAC GTG CTG GTC TGT GTG CTG GCC CAT CAC TTT GGC AAA
GAA TTC ATC CCA CCA GTG CAG GCT GCC TAT CAG AAA GTG GTG GCT GGT GTG GCT AAT
GCC CTG GCC CAC AAG TAT CAC TAA GCTCGCTTTCTTGCTGTCCAATTTCTATTAAAGGTTCCTTTGTT
CCCTAAGTCCAACTACTAAACTGGGGGATATTATGAAGGGCCTTGAGCATCTGGATTCTGCCTAATAAAAAACATTTA
TTTTCATTGCAATGATGTATTTAAATTATTTCTGAATATTTTACTAAAAAGGGAATGTGGGAGGTCAGTGCATTTAAA
ACATAAAGAAATGATGAGCTGTTCAAACCTTGGGAAAATACACTATATCTTAAACTCCATGAAAGAA

The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "And another thing…" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument.

*cough*

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:38   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,18:46)

Assclown.

Show me ONE where they proved it was humans- your evotard brethen used proved- so please reference one peer-reviewed paper in which it was proven it was humans who moved and carved those stones.

There is an abundant amount of archaeological literature on Tiwanaku in general and Pumapunka in particular for example;

Interpreting the meaning of ritual spaces: The temple complex of Pumapunku, Tiwanaku, Bolivia

YAEGER, J., & J.M. López Bejarano. La reconfiguración de un espacio sagrado: Los Inkas y la pirámide Pumapunku en Tiwanaku. Chungara, Revista de Antropología Chilena 36(2):335–348.

Tiwanaku Temples and State Expansion: A Tiwanaku sunken court temple in Moquegua, Peru

THE USE OF STRONTIUM ISOTOPE ANALYSIS TO
INVESTIGATE TIWANAKU MIGRATION AND
MORTUARY RITUAL IN BOLIVIA AND PERU

Subsurface Imaging in Tiwanaku’s Monumental Core

Utility of Multiple Chemical Techniques in Archaeological
Residential Mobility Studies: Case Studies From
Tiwanaku- and Chiribaya-Affiliated Sites in the Andes

I could list more, but why bother. The point is that the archaeology of Tiwanku and Pumapunku is quite well known.

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,19:42   

Hmmm... more fail from Joe... big surprise.  Hey, Joe did you actually READ the paper you referenced?  (
Functional Information and the emergence of biocomplexity )

You do understand that this has nothing to do with the question I asked correct?  

Well, anyway, since Joe is incapable of actually doing anything, I'll have to do it for him.  I will use the link he provided and we'll go with that... even though it's the wrong tool for the job.  When all you have is a bat, everything looks like kneecaps... right Joe?

This is going to be difficult without mathtype... sigh.

I(Ex) = -log2[M(Ex)/N]

Where:
I(Ex) is the functional information (functional, not information content... if you don't understand why this is different (and you don't) then you really need some basic reading remediation).

Ex is the degree of function.  "Typically, a small fraction, F(Ex ), of all possible configurations of a system achieves at least the specified degree of function, ?Ex ."

"Thus, in a system with N possible configurations (e.g., a sequence of n RNA nucleotides, which has N = 4 n discrete possible sequences"

where M(Ex ) is the number of different configurations that achieves or exceeds the specified degree of function x, ?Ex"

Now, since these have exactly the same length.  AND since they both meet the minimum functionality (i.e. all humans with these genes, all other things being equal, survive), then everything is equivalent and the two sequences have exactly the same functional information.

I(Ex)1 = -log2[M(Ex1)/N1]

I(Ex)2 = -log2[M(Ex2/N2]

In the example I've given
N1 = N2
and
M(Ex)1 = M(Ex)2)

then

I(Ex)1 =  
I(Ex)2

i.e. the functional information is the same in those two sequences.

Joe, do you agree or disagree with this statement.  A simple 'agree' or 'disagree' will suffice.  Though if you 'disagree', then we'll need an explanation for why.

-----------------------
P.S.  I hope you now see why this doesn't really work.  This is intended to be used to explore the solution space.  However, it can be MADE to work in this case because the functionality is the same in both cases.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,20:01   

Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 08 2012,19:38)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 08 2012,18:46)

Assclown.

There is an abundant amount of archaeological literature on Tiwanaku in general and Pumapunka in particular for example;

Interpreting the meaning of ritual spaces: The temple complex of Pumapunku, Tiwanaku, Bolivia

YAEGER, J., & J.M. López Bejarano. La reconfiguración de un espacio sagrado: Los Inkas y la pirámide Pumapunku en Tiwanaku. Chungara, Revista de Antropología Chilena 36(2):335–348.

Tiwanaku Temples and State Expansion: A Tiwanaku sunken court temple in Moquegua, Peru

THE USE OF STRONTIUM ISOTOPE ANALYSIS TO
INVESTIGATE TIWANAKU MIGRATION AND
MORTUARY RITUAL IN BOLIVIA AND PERU

Subsurface Imaging in Tiwanaku’s Monumental Core

Utility of Multiple Chemical Techniques in Archaeological
Residential Mobility Studies: Case Studies From
Tiwanaku- and Chiribaya-Affiliated Sites in the Andes

I could list more, but why bother. The point is that the archaeology of Tiwanku and Pumapunku is quite well known.

Sure, you have all that fancy evidence and such...but what about the Face on Mars?  Huh?  Show me the peer-reviewed papers that say humans made that.  Can't, can you...

Therefore Jeebus, er Allah, er - I mean, the Intelligent Designer

:O

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,20:08   

Dude- you have been boring boning me since I read your first post.

Fixed it for you Joe.

--------------

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,20:22   

Quote (Badger3k @ Mar. 08 2012,20:01)
snip

Sure, you have all that fancy evidence and such...but what about the Face on Mars?  Huh?  Show me the peer-reviewed papers that say humans made that.  Can't, can you...

Therefore Jeebus, er Allah, er - I mean, the Intelligent Designer

:O

Nope! Not Jeebus!

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2012,20:43   

Some quotes from the paper:
Functional information is defined only in the context of a specific function x. For example, the functional information of a ribozyme may be greater than zero with respect to its ability to catalyze one specific reaction but will be zero with respect to many other reactions. Functional information therefore depends on both the system and on the specific function under consideration.

The in vitro evolution of RNA aptamers (e.g., refs. 47 and 48) provides a dramatic illustration of the evolution and selection of systems with high functional complexity. Aptamer evolution experiments begin with large populations (up to 1016 randomly generated RNA sequences), which are subjected to a selective environment, a test tube coated with a target molecule, for example. A small fraction of the random RNA population will selectively bind to the target molecules. Those RNA strands are recovered, amplified with mutations (through reverse transcription, PCR, and transcription), and the process is repeated several times. Each cycle yields a more restricted RNA population with improved binding specificity (i.e., a higher degree of function, Ex ).

A complexity metric is of little utility unless its conceptual framework and predictive power result in a deeper understanding of the behavior of complex systems.

The functional information formalism may also point to key factors in the origin and emergence of biocomplexity. In particular, functional information quantifies the probability that, for a particular system, a configuration with a specified degree of function will emerge. Furthermore, analysis of the relationship between information and function may reveal how much more information is required to encode a given improvement in function. The formalism also points to strategies, such as increasing the concentration and/or diversity of molecular agents, that might maximize the effectiveness of chemical experiments that attempt to replicate steps in the origin of life.

I mean, really, do you even read these papers?

More fail

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2012,00:54   

Angry from Tardchester writes:

http://theskepticalzone.com/wp....nt-7371

Joe G on March 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm said:

This is pretty funny Elizabeth- you have turned your blog into an evo circle-jerk- complete with false accusations.

Congratulations...

No Joe, there are other creationists / ID proponetists doing just fine at TSZ. They don't have sweary hissy-fits when they get challenged. That is why there is only one captain Guano.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2012,02:24   

Manly man, our Joe. His big manly Y chromosome is way tougher than his dainty, female, fragile-X chromosome.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]