RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,15:24   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ April 26 2007,14:32)
Is it just me

or can you see something in the sky behind him?

Is DaveTard going up/in or down/out?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Bebbo

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,15:42   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 26 2007,13:34)
Quote (carlsonjok @ April 26 2007,13:17)

Quote (fusilier @ April 26 2007,12:01)
WRT DT's pickemup, that vintage Dodge is not anywhere near 6'5" to the roofline.  Look at those wheels, again; they're stock 15" rims.  The roof height is about 6 foot even.

I drive a Dodge 2500 also and my stands 6 foot even at the roof line.  However, mine is not 4x4, while Dave's is.  Not sure how much that adds.

Well, let's see. Dave appears to be at least 2 inches shorter than his big penis truck, but he said he's 6'2". If Dave's truck is 6 inches tall, then he's about 5'10" and lied about his height by 4 inches. If the 4x4 factor raises the truck to 6'2", then Dave is no more than 6 feet even and lied about his height by 2 inches.

Darn. We probably can't believe him about those women begging him to sire their children, either.  :(

IIRC Dave did say he's 5'10". He also made out that he was built like a brick shithouse and a real tough Marine. Judge for yourself.

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,16:09   

I think that DT's stomach is sucked in as far has it can be for the photo.

PS:  I like fat jokes about Ed Brayton

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,17:04   

Quote (blipey @ April 26 2007,12:57)
I mispoke. I intended "Vicious Dodge, dog phallus and man-bra."

Now, that's funny.

Blipey, it just occurred to me, what if you go out to Dave's house and he really does kill you with a chainsaw? What should we do then?  :p

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,17:07   

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 26 2007,15:24)
Is DaveTard going up/in or down/out?

down and out, he already has the hobo look about him.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,17:18   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 26 2007,17:04)

Now, that's funny.

Blipey, it just occurred to me, what if you go out to Dave's house and he really does kill you with a chainsaw? What should we do then?  :p

Ressurect him, obviously.
Using some handy Lightning.

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,17:55   

totally OT but check it out. i wouldn't miss this for the world.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/385522925.html

ABC to Air LIVE Atheist Debate with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort

After ABC ran a story in January about hundreds of atheists videotaping themselves blaspheming the Holy Spirit, best-selling author Ray Comfort contacted the network and offered to prove God's existence, absolutely, scientifically, without mentioning the Bible or faith.

OMG! Atheists will be having nightmares about bananas forever now!

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,18:41   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 26 2007,17:04)

Now, that's funny.

I think the only proper things to do would be to either:

1.  Call Homeland Security, let the proper authorities know that there are godless atheists agnostics oh wtf atheist killers in Texas and that it is paramount that righteous Christian morally upstanding individuals punish the only class of people capable of this heinous crime.

or

2.  Drink a lot of Scotch, watch an old Buster Keaton film, then coninue to do what you do so well.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,18:53   

Quote (phonon @ April 26 2007,17:55)
totally OT but check it out. i wouldn't miss this for the world.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/385522925.html

ABC to Air LIVE Atheist Debate with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort

Phonon

Thanks for finding that link (I don't want to know how you stumbled across it, I just finished dinner). There is some world-class illogic in that article. Two of my particular favorites are

Atheism has become very popular in universities--where it's taught that we evolved from animals and that there are no moral absolutes. So we shouldn't be surprised when there are school shootings.

and

"But," Comfort continued, "there is something more sinister here than a few people not believing in God. Why would so many be so bitter against Christianity in particular? Why aren't they making videos that blaspheme Buddha or Mohammed or Ghandi?

Last time I checked, neither Buddha, Mohammed or Ghandi (sic) are considered to be deities? Isn't blasphemy restricted to deities? These people definitely need to get out more (as if we didn't know that already).

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,19:07   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ April 26 2007,18:53)
Last time I checked, neither Buddha, Mohammed or Ghandi (sic) are considered to be deities? Isn't blasphemy restricted to deities? These people definitely need to get out more (as if we didn't know that already).

Most fundies are, of course, too dimwitted to realize that Muslims pray to the very same God that, uh, THEY do . . . .  .  (shrug)

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,19:14   

DaveScot
Another icon of evolution, the world famous fossil “Lucy” was found to not be in the modern human lineage at all.

The article states that Australopithecus afarensis should “be placed as the beginning of the branch that evolved in parallel to ours.” Close cousins, in other words. Evolved.

(Not everyone agrees with the researchers' conclusions, while many cladists think that the determination of exact descent will often be problematic, especially in rapidly diverging lineages. In this view, everything is best considered as a cousin.)

DaveScot          
The interesting part of this is that this is extremely newsworthy but because it casts a very unflattering light on so many scientists who, uncritically it seems, placed Lucy in the modern human line of descent,...

The lead author of the study, Yoel Rak, has collaborated with the discoverer of the fossils, Donald Johanson, many times, including on a recent Oxford University Press publication, The Skull of Australopithecus afarensis.

DaveScot          
you won’t find it widely reported except in the Darwin-denier blogs and websites. This strategy is common when embarrassing mistakes are found in widely accepted evolutionary dogma.

That's why the embarrassed researchers hid it on the cover of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,19:16   

DaveTard weighs in on many things not limited to, but including: his weight, his body type, and Texans' penchant for shooting people.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,19:55   

Quote (blipey @ April 27 2007,03:16)
DaveTard weighs in on many things not limited to, but including: his weight, his body type, and Texans' penchant for shooting people.

Fark!!!! Mental age 14.

.....We’d probably
all be Soviets today if it weren’t for corruption in their government and
slackers on the job. “To each according to their need and from each
according to their ability.” [Karl Marx] Looks good on paper but doesn’t
work in reality.

That's why the communists lost Vietnam......D'oh

That's why the Chinese are such lazy workers....D'oh.

That's why Rupert Murdoch and his buddies control the propaganda arm of the GOP and choose what social reality you exist in, by what gets put out each evening from the White House....and make Stalin etc. look like amateur cartoon facists  (c.f. facist cartoonists like Walt Disney) by comparison.

Yup, except for the Kremlin press corps review each May Day White House 'press conference' and government corruption, you are living in a workers paradise, hail the Chief.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

franky172

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,20:57   

Quote (Zachriel @ April 26 2007,19:14)
DaveScot  
Another icon of evolution, the world famous fossil “Lucy” was found to not be in the modern human lineage at all.

The article states that Australopithecus afarensis should “be placed as the beginning of the branch that evolved in parallel to ours.” Close cousins, in other words. Evolved.

(Not everyone agrees with the researchers' conclusions, while many cladists think that the determination of exact descent will often be problematic, especially in rapidly diverging lineages. In this view, everything is best considered as a cousin.)

DaveScot            
The interesting part of this is that this is extremely newsworthy but because it casts a very unflattering light on so many scientists who, uncritically it seems, placed Lucy in the modern human line of descent,...

The lead author of the study, Yoel Rak, has collaborated with the discoverer of the fossils, Donald Johanson, many times, including on a recent Oxford University Press publication, The Skull of Australopithecus afarensis.

DaveScot            
you won’t find it widely reported except in the Darwin-denier blogs and websites. This strategy is common when embarrassing mistakes are found in widely accepted evolutionary dogma.

That's why the embarrassed researchers hid it on the cover of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

No no no.  Don't you see - by allowing disagreement amongst scientists and permitting debate regarding the true placement of Lucy in life on earth's history the scientists are really leaning towards ID.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:08   

In how the IDers scan research papers looking for lingo which secretly supports their ideas, I'm reminded of the Crackpot Index:

30 points for suggesting that a famous figure secretly disbelieved in a theory which he or she publicly supported.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:13   

The Davetard situation:

It's never as gratifying as you think when a bully gets cornered. Even though they are brutes, your humanity only allows you to see the scared child inside. Davetard will soon be back to violating SLoT and blustering about pseudoscience - let's hope his brief insertion away from the fairy castle and into reality allow him the opportunity for reflection.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:19   

Thanks for compliment on the diet but it’s no big deal. I’m an extreme mesomorph. We’re the ones who can pile on or take off bulk with little effort - our bodies are like putty we can sculpt quickly and easily. You recognize us by our V shape. My hips are 13 inches wide and my shoulders are 21. Even when I let myself go to a new record high of 240 recently my chest and shoulders were still much wider than my waist and hips. I dropped 40 in three months no sweat. I’m considering how far down to go. 160 was my Marine Corps weight and my aging joints will appreciate that but I like how I look more between 180 and 200. Either way it’s another 3 months of focused but not very intense effort. I need to add 10 pounds of lean muscle mass (which just means eating lots of protein and working out with as much heavy weight as I can tolerate 20 minutes a day) for the higher weight and actually lose muscle mass for the lower weight. I hate the thought of sacrificing any lean muscle mass as it’s a lot easier to lose than to regain and the older you are the harder it gets. Mesomorph is the only body type found on professional body builders, most boxers, sprinters, quarterbacks and others needing a lot of upper body strength for their sport.

Good lord, why did he think we needed to hear this? Next thing you know he's gonna start talking about his bowel movements and getting enough 'roughage'.   :O

Of course, there's a very easy way DT could lose 10 pounds of ugly fat...

Nah. Too easy.  ;)

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:27   

Speaking of losing ugly fat... I will be in Michigan for the next couple of days, and away from internet access, so have fun ID and creo bashing without me, and I'll catch up when I return.

ciao

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:48   

Quote (J-Dog @ April 26 2007,21:27)
Speaking of losing ugly fat... I will be in Michigan for the next couple of days, and away from internet access, so have fun ID and creo bashing without me, and I'll catch up when I return.

ciao

CHOW.

HOMO.

--------------

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,21:56   

ericB  
It quite true that Galileo’s “punishment” was quite mild, and that he really got himself into trouble by how he conducted himself (e.g. insulting a pope that was formerly not hostile to him).

Sure. Mild.

Aged 78 and nearly blind, Galileo is forced to travel to Rome under threat of chains, though physicians say he is too ill for the journey. Interrogated by the Inquisition (an institution that tortured confessions and burned people alive to save their souls). Pronounced "vehemently suspected of heresy, that is to say, of having held and believed that the Sun is the center of the world and immovable, and that the earth is not the center and moves".  Forced to recant his belief that the Earth moved. Ordered imprisoned, then transferred to house arrest for the rest of his life. Forbidden to publish.

Got off easy.

Eppur si muove!

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,22:21   

Quote (franky172 @ April 26 2007,20:57)
Quote (Zachriel @ April 26 2007,19:14)
DaveScot    

DaveScot            

DaveScot            

No no no.  Don't you see - by allowing disagreement amongst scientists and permitting debate regarding the true placement of Lucy in life on earth's history the scientists are really leaning towards ID.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

It also goes without saying that a number of us anthro bloggers mentioned it last week when it first came out. DaveScot is a bit late in noticing it. Perhaps if he knew how to use Google...

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

FTK: I Didn't answer your questions because it beats the hell out of me.

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,22:54   

Quote (J-Dog @ April 26 2007,21:27)

ciao

Cool. We'll all talk about you while you're gone and delete all the messages 5 minutes before you come back.  ;)

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2007,23:05   

Poor Galapagos Finch:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....jubilee

Not even the sycophants give a shit about his crap photo-shop skills and "humour". One sympathy post from Sal.

IF ONLY YOU HAD FARTY NOISES!

--------------

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,00:14   

At the bottom:
http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-117923
As you know, Bill, technical problems with your server have prevented my posts from going through. I’m sure your moderators can put this post directly onto the blog; or you could do it yourself.

Hmmmm.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,07:54   

Thanks for compliment on the diet but it’s no big deal. I’m an extreme mesomorph. We’re the ones who can pile on or take off bulk with little effort - our bodies are like putty we can sculpt quickly and easily. You recognize us by our V shape. My hips are 13 inches wide and my shoulders are 21. Even when I let myself go to a new record high of 240 recently my chest and shoulders were still much wider than my waist and hips. I dropped 40 in three months no sweat. I’m considering how far down to go. 160 was my Marine Corps weight and my aging joints will appreciate that but I like how I look more between 180 and 200. Either way it’s another 3 months of focused but not very intense effort. I need to add 10 pounds of lean muscle mass (which just means eating lots of protein and working out with as much heavy weight as I can tolerate 20 minutes a day) for the higher weight and actually lose muscle mass for the lower weight. I hate the thought of sacrificing any lean muscle mass as it’s a lot easier to lose than to regain and the older you are the harder it gets. Mesomorph is the only body type found on professional body builders, most boxers, sprinters, quarterbacks and others needing a lot of upper body strength for their sport.

What a tool!

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

slpage

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,09:56   

Quote (Zachriel @ April 26 2007,07:01)
[quote=blipey,April 26 2007,02:38
For Posterity:

Weird - it was just the other day that I saw a football player/middleweight boxer with a pot belly and chicken legs...

He also doesn't lok like he's 6'2" or whatever his most recent 'I'm a big guy' claim was...

slpage

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,10:04   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ April 26 2007,14:03)
Quote (argystokes @ April 26 2007,13:57)

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ April 26 2007,11:44)
Why are so many people so jocular about Dave (Springer) Scot?
There is nothing too weird about the way he looks. A USA citizen a tad overweight (shock horror).
An ID proponent who has lied (shock horror).
C'mon. Is anyone really surprised? And what would you have to say if the situation was reversed and some ID suporters' main criticism of a pro-evolutionist was about looks/figure?
Yes I know it isn't exactly the same (the fool has said too much shiz for that to aply), just saying.

It's the irony of Dave making fat jokes about Ed Brayton, in conjunction with his bragging about his own physical attributes.

I "kinda" understood that (not the exact target admitedly). It is just that our side now looks no better. It is sillly to ridicule an argument on how your oponent looks unless references are given about their past comments doing the ecact same thing.
Maybe you dissagree.

EDIT: Dave Tard is a tit! There is no need to stoop to that level to point it out.

EDIT2: Sorry for being a boring git.

I don't see anyone saying that Springer's arguments are wrong because he clearly has a distorted self image.  His arguments have been shown to be lacking because they are not logical, are premised on unwarranted extrapolations and distortions, and his basic misunderstanding of most of the issues he pontificates on.

As has been pointed out, his appearance is 'ridiculed', if that is the right word, because he has made himself out to be some sort of paragon of masculine virility and he clearly is not.

Knocking down the braggart, as it were.

Bebbo

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,10:50   

Quote (Occam's Toothbrush @ April 27 2007,07:54)
Thanks for compliment on the diet but it’s no big deal. I’m an extreme mesomorph. We’re the ones who can pile on or take off bulk with little effort - our bodies are like putty we can sculpt quickly and easily. You recognize us by our V shape.
[...]

V shape. Is Dave using a funhouse mirror to view himself?!

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,12:26   

PaV    
In that sense, it’s a victory for those of us who are convinced that RM+NS does not get you a cat from a dinosaur.

Cats are not dinosaurs. Cats eat dinosaurs — when they can catch them.

(The only known living descendents of dinosaurs are birds.)

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2007,12:42   

In that sense, it’s a victory for those of us who are convinced that RM+NS does not get you a cat from a dinosaur.

Cats are not dinosaurs. Cats eat dinosaurs — when they can catch them.

Not always. I know someone whose cat got nabbed by a Golden Eagle.

I also saw a Redtailed hawk go after (but not catch) a chihuahua. Seriously.

So those are cases of dinosaurs going after mammals.  :)

--------------

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]