RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (16) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >   
  Topic: Unintelligent Reasoning< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 11 2009,23:31   

Really, it's better than just that

In full.  In sequence.  First (bolds my emphasis)

Alan Fox and David Kellogg- nested hierarchy ignorant

Over on uncommon descent, both Alan Fox and David Kellogg have tried (and failed) to tell me that the theory of evolution predicts a nested hierarchy.

In an attempt to try to reason with them I asked them if evolution had a direction. They both agreed that it does not.

The next step was to ask them if nested hierarchies required a direction of additive characteristics. They both agreed that NH does not require a direction.

I provided a definition of nested hierarchy that stated nested hierarchies involve levels which consist of, and contain, lower levels.

That means if defining characteristics are lost then containment is also lost, therefor nested hierarchy is lost.

And if defining characteristics stay the same then we remain with that set- no nested hierarchy.

Note how, as in any hierarchic system, the divisions are clear in a systematic way, becoming increasingly intense as the hierarchy is ascended.

After reasoning with these dolts didn’t work I asked them to provide an example of a nested hierarchy in which the characteristics were not additive.

Did they provide one?

Nope. Instead Kellogg pulled his head out of his ass long enough to tell me that I am incapable of being reasoned with!

And yet he has never provided any reasoning to support his position!!!!

You are a piece of shit Kellogg and you had better hope we never meet even though I am going to try to make that happen.

oh yeah.  the only thing that is getting increasingly intense is the Mullah Joe G's blood pressure.  and maybe the pressure on his prostate gland as he squinches that butt plug while chewing that can of spinach open with his teeth.

VERY NEXT BLOG POST

note the about face "I didn't mean to hurt you kitten you know I love you I'll never hurt you again"

Mysterious Definition of Nested Hierarchy?
David Kellogg believes that I am unable to be reasoned with because he told me, without any support, that the few evolutionary scientists I disagree with pertaining to nested hierarchy and the theory of evolution, use a different definition of a nested hierarchy.

Did you get that?

They do not use the standard and accepted definition that I and the majority of people use, they have some ultra-secret version only they can understand.

So how about Kellogg- can you produce the allegedly different version of nested hierarchy that those evolutionary scientists use?

I promise I will do my best to understand but I first have to know what it is I am supposed to be understanding.

this fool is a stark raving lunatic.  

Joe, either go get some professional help, or run for your local school board.  please don't do both that would be boring.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 12 2009,01:29   

Over on uncommon descent, both Alan Fox and David Kellogg have tried (and failed) to tell me that the theory of evolution predicts a nested hierarchy.

In an attempt to try to reason with them I asked them if evolution had a direction. They both agreed that it does not.

Here's Joe's basic problem when Alan and David say unguided they mean within the constraints of available pathways. Very, very simply put cars can only drive on roads or "available landscape".

Joe thinks unguided means that lead can turn into gold by means of ghosts.

The next step was to ask them if nested hierarchies required a direction of additive characteristics. They both agreed that NH does not require a direction.

Joe fails to understand that Time is "a now" that once it has passed the apocryphal time stationary observer that somehow managed to find a seat on a time machine proceeding backwards through time at the same rate as time is moving forward. What will be observed is only an unmoving  snapshot of the NH forever never changing.

The question postmodernist city boy Joe needs to ask himself is 'can a tree start growing in mid air with unsupported branches' or do 'adults grow into children'.

I provided a definition of nested hierarchy that stated nested hierarchies involve levels which consist of, and contain, lower levels.

Not levels, branches.

That means if defining characteristics are lost then containment is also lost, therefor nested hierarchy is lost.

Branchless leaves? I think not.

And if defining characteristics stay the same then we remain with that set- no nested hierarchy.

Wrong.
Why Joe?

Note how, as in any hierarchic system, the divisions are clear in a systematic way, becoming increasingly intense as the hierarchy is ascended.

We are not talking about your boss climbing the corporate ladder we are talking about a way of mapping and understanding a history of life in a graphical manner.

After reasoning with these dolts didn’t work I asked them to provide an example of a nested hierarchy in which the characteristics were not additive.

Dolts and reasoning don't go together do they?.....Joe?

Did they provide one?

Nope. Instead Kellogg pulled his head out of his ass long enough to tell me that I am incapable of being reasoned with!

And your point?

And yet he has never provided any reasoning to support his position!!!!

Well actually Joe, you have provided the evidence to support Kellogg's position.... time and again

You are a piece of shit Kellogg and you had better hope we never meet even though I am going to try to make that happen.

Argument from ass.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: April 12 2009,07:20   

Little Joe hasn't had anyone to play with lately.  No one posts on his blog and even fellow UD creationists ignore him.  He's so ronery!

ETA: He begs for someone---anyone---to show up, insulting them at the same time:
TP?

Does this- your absence- mean that you didn't have a point?

And Touch-hole-

What happened to you?

Awwwww...

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Leftfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2009,13:18   

Quote (olegt @ April 12 2009,07:20)
Little Joe hasn't had anyone to play with lately.  No one posts on his blog and even fellow UD creationists ignore him.  He's so ronery!

ETA: He begs for someone---anyone---to show up, insulting them at the same time:  
TP?

And Touch-hole-

What happened to you?

Awwwww...

Little Joe hasn't had anyone to play with lately.  

As Mynamehere, I'm trying to communicate with him on the nested hierarchies issue. After I started, I realized that I don't even know why it's an issue! But hey, it's all about getting some insight into how other people see the universe.

E (because I can, and) TA: linky: https://www.blogger.com/comment....4076646

--------------
Speaking for myself, I have long been confused . . .-Denyse O'Leary

Leftfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2009,10:44   

It may be useless to try and understand him, but does anybody know what Joe means when he says:

Umm the whole tree [of life] is caput, not just the base.

But that is NOT evidence against universal common descent.

How can the caputness of the tree of life not be evidence against universal common descent?

On this thread.

Yes, I know it's kaput with a k, but there's only so many hours in a day.

--------------
Speaking for myself, I have long been confused . . .-Denyse O'Leary

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2009,15:07   

Quote (Leftfield @ April 23 2009,10:44)
It may be useless to try and understand him, but does anybody know what Joe means when he says:

Umm the whole tree [of life] is caput, not just the base.

But that is NOT evidence against universal common descent.

How can the caputness of the tree of life not be evidence against universal common descent?

On this thread.

Yes, I know it's kaput with a k, but there's only so many hours in a day.

No, nobody understands anything Joe says.  I believe the primary reason for this is that Joe has no grasp of nor regard for basics.  He attacks everything and everyone from the end result and will never even venture an opinion on basic building blocks, rules, hypotheses, etc.

To Joe there is only a peanut butter sandwich--there is no bread, knife, or jar of peanut butter.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2009,17:54   

Quote (olegt @ April 12 2009,07:20)

TP?

And Touch-hole-

What happened to you?

Awwwww...

touch hole bwaaa

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,08:15   

Veteran Joe watchers:  Have you heard this?
BTW I was a staunch evolutionist until I started looking more closely at the scientific data while studying to be a zoologist/marine biologist.

If so -- details, please!

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,08:19   

is joe really a sock pulling this seinfeld thing on us

i often wondered in light of pretending to be a muslin if he wasn't pulling everyones leg

joe has even convinced himself that he is serious tho so all bets are off

--------------

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,08:33   

Quote (keiths @ April 24 2009,06:15)
Veteran Joe watchers:  Have you heard this?
BTW I was a staunch evolutionist until I started looking more closely at the scientific data while studying to be a zoologist/marine biologist.

If so -- details, please!

Joe explains:
Why did I leave biology?

Once I figured out the the theory of evolution was BS, I started challenging my professors only to learn that they only cared about defending the orthodoxy.

I went to school to learn not to be indoctrinated.

So I returned to my number one passion of electronic technology & electricty.

Engineering is far more challenging and rewarding than being a research scientist- and yes I have done both.

And I got to travel the world- every continent except Antartica and Austrailia- more countries than we have states.

And probably did more damage to the image of the United States abroad than George W. hisself.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,08:48   

his number one passion of electricty

is joe a sock

--------------

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,08:53   

Alan pwns Joe:

Alan:  Just out of curiosity, Joe, was this for long, and was it at a recognized academic institution?

Joe:   Was what for long?

Alan:  The time you spent studying to be a marine biologist.

Joe:   And I doubt you would recognize any academic institution of higher learning.

Alan:  But I could write to them asking they improve their teaching on nested hierarchies.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,10:33   

Quote (keiths @ April 24 2009,08:53)
Alan pwns Joe:

Alan:  Just out of curiosity, Joe, was this for long, and was it at a recognized academic institution?

Joe:   Was what for long?

Alan:  The time you spent studying to be a marine biologist.

Joe:   And I doubt you would recognize any academic institution of higher learning.

Alan:  But I could write to them asking they improve their teaching on nested hierarchies.

bwaaaa

in the meantime...  where did you study marine biology?

i'm telling you i am afraid joe is a sock.  that is too close to seinfeld

joseph PM me you supreme bastard

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,11:03   

Joe G Thread

http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin....01;st=0

Joe G 'speriments:

http://www.arn.org/ubbthre....=0&vc=1

Many dealing with ion trap mobilty spectrometry & mass spectrometry. Many more dealing with electronic circuitry and electricity.

I can't get specific as it deals with security. If you can get a security clearance I could show you what I do.

Then there is astronomy. On any given night I can have 3 telescopes pointing skyward. 2 4,5" aps with a 910mm FL(one automated and one manual) as well as a 10" ap with an 1125mm FL.

And that is just the tip of the ole iceberg.

That doesn't count the experiments I conduct in my basement. Some labs would be jealous of the equipment I house & use there.

For example I now know that ticks are more attracted to watermelon rinds then they are to orange peels or orange slices. I also know that dragonflies play.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,11:15   

that would have been handy during the cake warz

i think you could pin him down a bit re CSI etc just from the Why ID is scientifical thread

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,11:37   

I can't get specific as it deals with security. If you can get a security clearance I could show you what I do.

Someone is unfamiliar with security. In addition to a clearance, you must have a need to know for the specific information. And that assumes you are part of the project or in command over the project.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

AmandaHuginKiss

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,11:57   

Isn't it even illegal to say that you are working on something secret?

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,12:24   

Quote (AmandaHuginKiss @ April 24 2009,19:57)

He is srwsly talking out of his ass.

AND completely indistinguishable from a sock.

Come on, Joe come clean yur doing P-A-R-O-D-Y right?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,16:09   

Quote (k.e.. @ April 24 2009,10:24)
Quote (AmandaHuginKiss @ April 24 2009,19:57)

He is srwsly talking out of his ass.

AND completely indistinguishable from a sock.

Come on, Joe come clean yur doing P-A-R-O-D-Y right?

I'm still convinced that Erasmus is Joe G.  It just makes too much sense.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,16:42   

i guess it was the advertising of it that pointed it out to you.  shit.  

well now that i am caught...

ya see i like refrigerators because they don't say silly bullshit nonsense like you darwinists.  would you like to meet so i can write that on your forehead?  

who here can prove that the difference in the dodo and the auk is the result of unplanned random genetic accidents?  until then pound sand i do more science in my basement than all of you darwinists could dream of doing if you didn't use the academy like moneychangers.

allah akbar  i'm going to my blog and write a post about how nested hierarchies don't even exist and they prove that you are all a bunch of darwinist losers

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:02   

so i went to his blog anyway  what a freak

from"Alan Fox and David Kellogg- nested hierarchy ignorant"
Joe G said...
clowny,

Please let me know when you will be in New England again.

And please include where you will be performing along with the times.

9:39 AM

someone is crushing on you blipes!

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:07   

Quote (keiths @ April 24 2009,16:09)
I'm still convinced that Erasmus is Joe G.  It just makes too much sense.

On the surface, sure, it seems to fit.  They both come across as that homeless guy wandering around downtown babbling incoherently to himself, while wearing three sweaters and 4 coats in the middle of August.

But when you really listen to them, there is a big difference.  Erasmus is good-naturedly muttering about the fuzzy critters and pretty flowers.  Joe is going on about how he and AllahJesus are going to track you down and kick your ass.

HTH.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:11   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ April 24 2009,17:02)
so i went to his blog anyway  what a freak

from"Alan Fox and David Kellogg- nested hierarchy ignorant"
Joe G said...
clowny,

Please let me know when you will be in New England again.

And please include where you will be performing along with the times.

9:39 AM

someone is crushing on you blipes!

Trying to intimidate folks with an offering of a meeting is his go-to trick. Methinks real worldz Joe isn't as scary as interwebz Joe.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:21   

Joe G said...
Entertainers provide a distraction from reality.

They are people who could not deal with their reality and therefor needed a life of pretend.

If all the entertainers just shut up the world would be a better place.

And clowny, you being a representative of entertainers should really shut up because all you have done is prove my point.

5:03 PM

does he even know that he is an entertainer?

wow

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:48   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,April 24 2009,17:21)

Joe G said...
Entertainers provide a distraction from reality.

They are people who could not deal with their reality and therefor needed a life of pretend.

If all the entertainers just shut up the world would be a better place.

And clowny, you being a representative of entertainers should really shut up because all you have done is prove my point.

5:03 PM

does he even know that he is an entertainer?

wow

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,17:55   

"You are a piece of shit Kellogg and you had better hope we never meet even though I am going to try to make that happen." - isn't it illegal to post that?

--------------

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2009,18:13   

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 24 2009,17:55)
"You are a piece of shit Kellogg and you had better hope we never meet even though I am going to try to make that happen." - isn't it illegal to post that?

I've wondered about that.  But who would I call?  And I don't know Joe's identity.  (Unless someone here wants to PM me.)

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2009,06:35   

Quote (Hermagoras @ April 24 2009,13:13)

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 24 2009,17:55)

I've wondered about that.  But who would I call?  And I don't know Joe's identity.  (Unless someone here wants to PM me.)

He has at the very least to be in violation of Blogger content policy. As in favour as I am of the unfettered free exchange of ideas, I think Joe abuses the privilege. We should complain. As he has moderation enabled, I feel justified in complaining direct to Blogger without first attempting to get him to retract.

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2009,06:43   

Maybe not. Seems Blogger are very free-speech oriented.

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2009,07:15   

On the other hand, there's this:
VIOLENT CONTENT: Users may not publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people.

--------------

456 replies since April 23 2006,10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (16) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]