RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (14) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >   
  Topic: A thread for William Wallace, To talk about important things< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
William Wallace

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,10:30   

Quote (didymos @ May 07 2008,02:26)
Quote (William Wallace @ May 06 2008,20:50)
You should check out my latest post, however, in which I describe a My son’s first grade teacher (God Bless Her!) .

It will be enough to get the NCSE and their minor thugs worked up.

William, you fool, it just so happens that's illegal.  To save everyone the trouble, here's what this "wonderful" teacher is doing:

Illegal?  Wow.  I did not know that.  Could you please tell me, oh fool, exactly which law she violated?

Did not think so.

You're the only fool, fool.

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,10:37   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,10:30)

HA HA THIS IS YOU

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,10:40   

Hey Willy Wally,
Let's have your ID hypothesis, then.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,10:42   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,11:30)

You should check out my latest post, however, in which I describe a My son’s first grade teacher (God Bless Her!) .

William, you fool, it just so happens that's illegal.  To save everyone the trouble, here's what this "wonderful" teacher is doing:

Illegal?  Wow.  I did not know that.  Could you please tell me, oh fool, exactly which law she violated?

Did not think so.

This one, if she's in a tax-payer supported position like say, oh a public school teacher.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,10:48   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,08:30)

"I know you are -- but what am I?"

Bravo, William.

Hey, BTW, William, did Sternberg get fired from anything?

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,11:12   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,10:30)

Did not think so.

Trick question. Is the school a public school or a Christian school? Did the teacher own the book, or did she vandalize school property?

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,11:44   

Did this teacher perform this ahem correction shall we say during the regularly scheduled morning armed robbery, or perhaps she penciled these witty remarks during the morning while silently drowning puppies?

dub dub I am still waiting to hear who fired da Sternberg.  SEems like you are all tard.  Disappointing, it's a lot better for us when you actually explain your ideas.  See, then we get to point how you are wrong and why, and perhaps you learn something.  Probably not, because you are a fucktard independent of your addiction to bearded thundergod tarding about with the speed of light and Teh Big Ol Bad Omnibenevolent Flud.

Shall we join Paul and hope that your knife slips?  too late, you have already spread the tard.  Heres to hoping your kids wake up and realize how stupid their old man is someday, Angst For You dub dub.  Teenage years should be fun.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,13:52   

Quote (midwifetoad @ May 07 2008,11:12)
Trick question. Is the school a public school or a Christian school? Did the teacher own the book, or did she vandalize school property?

Yeah, I think Wee Willy is jacking us around. Nowhere in any of his ditherings does he indicate that he would actually send his kid to a public school. It's not illegal to teach your kid how to be stupid in a "faith-based" school. But it could backfire on him eventually...

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,14:54   

Where can god be reached for a fight?

Mount Olympus?

Oh sorry, wrong god.

Never mind.

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,16:26   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,08:30)

Did not think so.

See William, this is your problem:  you call people names without backing evidence.  On the other hand, as if you hadn't provided ample support for it before, you just proved you are indeed a fool.  I'm going to quote Arden again: Cool. Nice to have that established.

(edited: left the 'to' off an infinitive)

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,16:37   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ May 07 2008,11:52)

Quote (midwifetoad @ May 07 2008,11:12)

Yeah, I think Wee Willy is jacking us around. Nowhere in any of his ditherings does he indicate that he would actually send his kid to a public school. It's not illegal to teach your kid how to be stupid in a "faith-based" school. But it could backfire on him eventually...

I don't know.  Just the sheer amount of gloating indicates that WW feels this is some sort of victory against the forces of materialism.  Seems doubtful he'd be crowing over a Christian teacher in a Christian school.  See, here:

Note: Many states have spawn NC”S”E organizations, also known as “<your-state> Citizens for ‘science‘ Education.” In Minnesota, we have one such atheist shill group, Minnesota Citizens for Science Education set up in cooperation with the National Center for Darwinian Education, with dangerous brass knuckle and steel toed boot wielding militant atheists on their advisory boards. Since members of the PT-mafia are known to monitor this blog, I am protecting the identity of this Christian first grade teacher.

But to the PT-mafia I do say, “na na na na na na.” :)

Christian first grade teachers still exist!

And they are not afraid to share their faith.

Praise God!!!!

Seems to me the whole point is this teacher is a latter day version of the brave Christians of yore defying the edicts of Rome.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,17:09   

William,

Did you miss this?  I can't imagine a person as up to the minute on the affairs of law and creationism as you are could have missed this!

It was a federal case and everything!  Over 3 years old now.  Someone already tried to put stickers on books.  Damn if it didn't work.

Can't put a sticker there, boyo!

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,19:19   

Albatrossity2 wrote above:

[/QUOTE]

Ya ya, especially 'bout the time Wet Wally Jr. needs to get a job.     :)

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,19:33   

I wrote this on the "Unreasonable Kansans" thread, but it bears repeating here, for obvious reasons.  :)

The biggest joke is that Wet Wally is evidently from or in Minnesota.  It's a cruel sort of joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Please don't imagine for an instant that he represents Minnesota or Minnesotans in any way.  Because I was born there and spent most of my life there, I can honestly write that even Minnesota has its "vocal but tiny and tard minority" that constantly ruin things for the rest of us.

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,20:31   

Well, the best part is that, whether Willy is telling the truth or no, either way the theory that he's a jackass is confirmed.

You know, it's funny, but I've got a blue-fronted amazon parrot named Willy, and he talks a lot of nonsense interspersed with random pejoratives too.  I should try to teach him to say "evolander" and "goddidit".

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,21:32   

Quote (didymos @ May 07 2008,20:31)
Well, the best part is that, whether Willy is telling the truth or no, either way the theory that he's a jackass is confirmed.

You know, it's funny, but I've got a blue-fronted amazon parrot named Willy, and he talks a lot of nonsense interspersed with random pejoratives too.  I should try to teach him to say "evolander" and "goddidit".

I'm guessing that your parrot is too smart to fall for those lines.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Nomad

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,22:39   

If you can get a video of a parrot saying "evolander" onto youtube I think we'd all get a good hearty laugh out of that.

More to the point we wouldn't need wee Willy Wallace anymore.  Evolander is really the only unique thing he says... what's that, Keith says it too?

Okay...  well, still, my opinion stands.  I mean you could ask the parrot who fired Sternberg and get exactly the same response as well.

You could also probably train a parrot to say:
Rumors
Investigation into religious beliefs
Divorce

William Wallace

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,23:42   

Quote (jeffox @ May 07 2008,19:33)
I wrote this on the "Unreasonable Kansans" thread, but it bears repeating here, for obvious reasons.  :)

The biggest joke is that Wet Wally is evidently from or in Minnesota.  It's a cruel sort of joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Please don't imagine for an instant that he represents Minnesota or Minnesotans in any way.  Because I was born there and spent most of my life there, I can honestly write that even Minnesota has its "vocal but tiny and tard minority" that constantly ruin things for the rest of us.

Are you in the group Minnesota Atheists for "Science" Education?

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,23:48   

All the stuff on the thread of substance and you choose to comment on Atheists in Minnesota.  Are you even pretending like you're interested in science, William?

1.  Was Sternberg fired?
2.  Are you aware that it is illegal to put creationist stickers on textbooks?  If not, what's your excuse for not knowing this?

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2008,23:55   

Sorry, WW, but as President-for-Life of the Darwinian Pressure Group, Delta Pi Gamma, I must insist that you answer questions already on the table before asking new questions or making new statements.

Therefore, you are hereby retained and co-joined from making further utterments on any subject until said above interrogatives have been de-interrogatized.

Thank you for your cooperation.

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:02   

An aside that you can answer AFTER:

1.  Was Sternberg fired?

and

2.  Why don't you know that it is illegal to put creationist stickers on science textbooks?

ahem,  Does Jesus know you're avatar is flipping people off?

and

Does that make him cry?

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:07   

Quote (William Wallace @ May 07 2008,21:42)

Quote (jeffox @ May 07 2008,19:33)

Are you in the group Minnesota Atheists for "Science" Education?

Better be going to bed, William. Tomorrow's a school day and you know how mad your mom gets when you stay up too late.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:15   

I'm in 'Chicago tards for gratuitous scare-quotes.'

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:17   

I see Willy Wally is with us right now....

*raises hand*

What's the scientific theory of ID?

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:17   

Blipey's right. Billy's new avatar makes Baby Jesus cry.

--------------

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:36   

I'm guessing that bird was meant for me.  So, William 'bout that image host:

Badera.us
Thanks to Google's Apps for Your Domain, I'm now able to offer members of the Badera family free Google GMail accounts and associated services using the badera.us domain.

Are you indeed a member of clan Badera, or are you just jacking their bandwidth too?  I mean, you're in Minnesota, and white, going by your blog. The domain registrant is in the great state of NY (oooh, the spooky magic of the "whois" command), and presumably of hispanic ancestry.  Not saying you maybe didn't marry in or something,  I just find it.....unlikely.

Now, technically, if you're willing to accept common descent, you guys are related.  Still, rather shaky justification there.  Best to GO GET YOUR OWN DAMN IMAGE HOSTING ACCOUNT somewhere.

Of course, if you are truly related to Mr. Badera in the colloquial sense, then, on this issue at least, you're in the ethical clear.  That leaves only...um, yeah, I kinda lost count there.

--------------

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,00:45   

Quote (blipey @ May 07 2008,22:02)

and

Does that make him cry?

I'm thinkin' what Jesus would do in this situation would be to execute whatever the equivalent of flipping someone off is if you're a 1st century mediterranean Jewish peasant.  I seem to recall something about him not being too keen on hypocrites who cloak themselves in piety.

--------------

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,01:18   

Oooh. OK, WW said:

Blipey,

Stick around. I have a post on the scientific method in the works. Should tick the evolanders off.

William's promised post on the Scientific Method is up.  Unfortunately, it's just a linked vid from that What You Ought To Know Guy.

Can't say after watching it I'm all that pissed off.  He's got some bits right, but he falls prey to common misconceptions about the nature and practice of science.  Thanks for providing another example of how the educational system isn't doing all it can to communicate the reality of the scientific enterprise to children, leaving them ill-equipped to judge the worth of a theory in their adult life, William.  Not really necessary, but you meant well...right?

--------------

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,04:26   

Quote (didymos @ May 08 2008,00:45)

Quote (blipey @ May 07 2008,22:02)

and

Does that make him cry?

I'm thinkin' what Jesus would do in this situation would be to execute whatever the equivalent of flipping someone off is if you're a 1st century mediterranean Jewish peasant.  I seem to recall something about him not being too keen on hypocrites who cloak themselves in piety.

Don't know, maybe this is a bad idea, but I got to thinking, and I can see that image in my mind: Jesus (the robed, bearded character we all know and respect) - with his finger raised.

Religious bigots and hypocrites can't help themselves. It happens all the time, we know them by their fruits:

While I am certain WW would characterize me in the best creationist tardition as a damn atheist Darwinist liar, I can only state my most sincere response to his display of bad taste: It really pissed me off!

One of my "guru's" used this 'metaphor': When you are pointing a finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back towards yourself.  Our friend Jesus is on record with a more poetic way of expressing the same eternal truth.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2008,04:44   

Typo unintentional, left on purpose.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

410 replies since May 03 2008,03:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (14) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic