RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Evolutionary Computation, Stuff that drives AEs nuts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wesley R. Elsberry



Posts: 4465
Joined: May 2002

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2009,11:13   

As demonstrated in the two runs I did comparing the output of v1.2.1 and v1.4.1 on the very same configuration, v1.2.1 has a major error in its handling of beneficial mutations. This has nothing at all to do with memory limits; I also ran both with the default case, and the experimental case used in both merely changed the two parameters as specified by Zachriel above. The memory usage was under 130MB for all cases I ran; the memory I had was sufficient and the simulations ran to completion. Sanford either was given a garbled account of the issue or is deploying a meaningless digression as a response.

ETfix: 130,000KB = 130MB

Edited by Wesley R. Elsberry on June 12 2009,11:19

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

    
  355 replies since Mar. 17 2009,11:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   


Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]