Mass Mailer: Maintaining Mailing Lists
The mass mailer module is used to manage email mailing lists. Through the mass mailer administration menu, you can
- Create multiple lists.
- Send messages.
- Schedule messages to be sent at a specific time.
- Check on the status of sent messages.
- Browse and delete messages maintained in an archive.
- Update subscriber information or delete subscribers.
Once a mailing list has been created and made public, users can subscribe to mailing lists via the list subscriptions link in the navigation menu.
The mass mailing list settings page allows administrators additional configuration options such as
- Adding a header or footer to all out going messages. Useful to add an automatic signature for your organization and provide information on unsubscribing.
- Customizable subscription and unsubscription email messages
- Advanced options for sites with very large mailing lists. Use the batch processing option if mailing lists are so large that they create a heavy CPU load for your server host.