RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (453) < ... 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2019,13:19   

EN&V now has a half-page pop-up of Stephen Meyer begging for money to protect "freedom of speech".   :D   What he really means is cash to fund his IDiot cronies telling lies to scientifically illiterate laymen to push their Christian religious views.

To be sure you don't miss it the huge begging for money plea pops up on every EN&V link you select.   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2019,15:10   

Re "BatShit77’s lunatic blathering about the Shroud of Turin Quantum Hologram is worth the price of admission. "

I tend to doubt that. ;)

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2019,15:26   

I can hardly wait until they give Batshitcrazy77 and Joe admin rights to post OPs. They allow KF to post his incoherent ramblings so I can’t see Joe and BSC77 being any worse.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2019,15:34   

Maybe we should all contribute just to keep the circus in town.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 13 2019,22:54   

Joke Gallien melts every Hypocrisy Meter in the known universe:

ET December 13, 2019 at 7:18 pm

But it’s always better to have the evidence than the dance of lies.

:p

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 14 2019,00:28   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 13 2019,20:54)
Joke Gallien melts every Hypocrisy Meter in the known universe:

ET December 13, 2019 at 7:18 pm

But it’s always better to have the evidence than the dance of lies.

:p

Fantastic!

:p  :p  :p  :p

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 14 2019,17:31   

Gordon Davisson gives BS77 a physics spanking

I tried to make it through this once, but I gave up. It’s basically a Gish gallop of misunderstandings, misrepresentations, and wishful thinking. (Note: I’m not accusing you of dishonesty; I’m sure you honestly believe all of this. It’s just all wrong.)

Edited by stevestory on Dec. 14 2019,18:36

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2019,06:10   

Hmm...  Is this a message to a certain UD regular?  
Using a targeted gene epigenome editing approach in the developing mouse brain, Johns Hopkins Medicine researchers reversed one gene mutation that leads to the genetic disorder WAGR syndrome, which causes intellectual disability and obesity in people.
Is there hope for a cure?
Link

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2019,08:51   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Dec. 15 2019,14:10)
Hmm...  Is this a message to a certain UD regular?    
Using a targeted gene epigenome editing approach in the developing mouse brain, Johns Hopkins Medicine researchers reversed one gene mutation that leads to the genetic disorder WAGR syndrome, which causes intellectual disability and obesity in people.
Is there hope for a cure?
Link

Only if the mice are forced to light candles on dog birthday cakes by their wives while having their photograph taken dressed in a green t-shirt looking cucked by said same dog.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2019,19:47   

Joke's been gorging on stupid pills again.  :D

ET December 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm

What? There was never a giraffe with a short neck.

Not an extant giraffe but there were plenty of ancestral giraffids, over 30 known from the fossil record, with much shorter necks.  Most had necks no longer than extant okapis, the giraffe's only living relative.

Paleontology:  Giraffidae

Key Girrafids:
Canthumerycidae: This contains the earliest known giraffid, Canthumeryx sirtensis, known from the early Miocene of Libya and Kenya.
Okapiinae: Extant okapis, and Afrikanokeryx leakeyi (formerly known as Palaeotragus primaevus from the mid-Miocene of Ngorora, Kenya). These animals retain relatively ancestral body proportions.
Giraffokerycinae: This mid-Miocene group contains the Asian species Giraffokeryx punjabiensis and the African Giraffokeryx primaevus.
Sivatheriinae: A group of large-bodied girafffids from the Pliocene epoch (5 million to 2.6 million years ago) and the Pleistocene epoch (2.6 million to 11,700 year ago), including the genera Sivatherium, Bramatherium and Helladotherium. These animals have stout and robust limbs. Many taxa have two pairs of ossicones (with the front pair partially  fused in Bramatherium).
Palaeotraginae: This contains the key ‘intermediate’ species Samotherium major from Samos in Greece, among others such as Palaeotragus and Shansitherium.
Bohlininae: Giraffids with markedly elongated metapodial leg bones (and probably an elongated neck). Represented by Bohlinia attica and Honanotherium schlosseri. The position of Bohlinia on the evolutionary tree is crucial, as its descendants may represent the origin of the genus Giraffa, which includes modern giraffes.
Giraffinae: Giraffa spp. feature skulls containing extensive sinuses, long metapodials and a suite of unique characteristics in the cervical vertebrae, or bones of the neck. The ossicones are simple, and both sexes have them. Several extinct species are known from the Pleistocene of Asia and Africa. There are nine sub-species of G. camelopardalis, but DNA analysis suggests that some of these are actually genetically separate species.

ET:  There isn’t any known mechanism that could produce a giraffe’s neck from short, mammalian neck.

Joke is too ignorant to know giraffes have the same number of neck vertebrae, seven, as other mammals including humans.   In the giraffe the vertebrae have evolved to become extremely elongated.

Fossils Shed New Light on Evolution of Elongated Giraffe Neck

The evolution likely occurred in two stages as one of the animal’s neck vertebrae stretched first toward the head and then toward the tail a few million years later, according to a new study of extinct giraffids’ cervical vertebrae.

The study, published online in the journal Royal Society Open Science, shows the specifics of the evolutionary transformation in extinct species within the giraffe family.

“First, only the front portion of the C3 vertebra lengthened in one group of species,” explained study senior author Dr Nikos Solounias from the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine.

“The second stage was the elongation of the back portion of the C3 neck vertebra.”

“The modern giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) is the only species that underwent both stages, which is why it has a remarkably long neck,” he said.

No one does willful ignorance better than Joke Gallien.   :)

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2019,20:43   

Sven Mil in response to one of Joke’s comments.
^another example of the comical ignorance here at UD

Joke accuses Sven of being me or Occam in 5, 4, 3,...

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2019,21:14   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 15 2019,20:43)
Sven Mil in response to one of Joke’s comments.

^another example of the comical ignorance here at UD

Joke accuses Sven of being me or Occam in 5, 4, 3,...

Joke is actually trying to defend his "giraffe necks are impossible to evolve" stupidity which Sven commented on here on the Joke TARDgasm Thread.  Of course by "defend" I mean spew obscenities and ignore all the scientific papers and evidence he's being shown.   :D

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 16 2019,20:50   

Barry pleaded for money for UD four days ago and still no comments. Come on Joke, how much are you donating?  
Please tithe.

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 16 2019,21:03   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 16 2019,20:50)
Barry pleaded for money for UD four days ago and still no comments. Come on Joke, how much are you donating?  
Please tithe.

Shouldn’t the Designer have pre-programmed UD to make money?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 16 2019,22:56   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Dec. 16 2019,21:03)
Please tithe.

Maybe God should have given UD to someone other than an ambulance chasing, homophobic lawyer. Perhaps a homophobic toaster repairman.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 16 2019,23:04   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 17 2019,06:56)
Quote (Texas Teach @ Dec. 16 2019,21:03)

Please tithe.

Maybe God should have given UD to someone other than an ambulance chasing, homophobic lawyer. Perhaps a homophobic toaster repairman.

Joe couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel. His mother poured super glue into his brain. If Joe took over there would be a lot more ads for dog birthday caeks and ghosts.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2019,11:50   

Joke
That is a lie and you are a liar. I have NEVER thrown insults or accusations at anyone for merely disagreeing. And Acartia Eddie will NEVER be able to show otherwise.

Moderators, why is it OK for “Ed George”, aka William Spearshake, to lie about me and post false accusations?

Try reading the bolded part and keep a straight face. It's impossible.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2019,11:50   

Joke is pure as the driven snow.  It's never his fault, EVAR!
ET December 17, 2019 at 11:14 am
Acartia:  But I hope that you understand why I choose not to participate in discussions with people like ET or UB who find it necessary to throw insults or accusations at anyone they disagree with.

That is a lie and you are a liar. I have NEVER thrown insults or accusations at anyone for merely disagreeing.

Because Joke calling someone a "retarded faggot infant" is always done in the context of a serious scientific discussion.   :D

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2019,12:49   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 17 2019,11:50)

Acartia:  But I hope that you understand why I choose not to participate in discussions with people like ET or UB who find it necessary to throw insults or accusations at anyone they disagree with.

That is a lie and you are a liar. I have NEVER thrown insults or accusations at anyone for merely disagreeing.

Because Joke calling someone a "retarded faggot infant" is always done in the context of a serious scientific discussion.   :D

Context is important.

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2019,07:58   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 17 2019,12:49)

Context is important.

So does the ENV pop-up asking for money to protect freedom contain context?

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2019,18:43   

Quote (KevinB @ Dec. 18 2019,07:58)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 17 2019,12:49)

Context is important.

So does the ENV pop-up asking for money to protect freedom contain context?

It’s a con of some sort.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 19 2019,11:35   

TAMMIE LEE HAYNES
December 19, 2019 at 11:25 am
There is a big problem with Establishment Biologists.
They are known liars, to hundreds of millions of students.
Please allow me to prove this claim.

Take almost any High School Biology textbook.
Fist look at the list of dozens of top name establishment Biologists who were contributors, editors, etc. for the book
Then look at the part about Origin of Life, and the vaunted Miller Urey Experiment of 1952.
(And as top Origin of Life Researchers have pointed out, little progress has been made since 1952)

These textbooks give the impression, and most of them explicitly state, that Drs Miller and Urey demonstrated making of “building blocks of life” from common chemicals. Except they didn’t.

The problem is “chirality”, (Chirality is whether a molecule is left handed or right handed).
Living things are made out of homochiral amino acids. (All of them are one handed). Miller and Urey didn’t make homochiral amino acids. They made racemic (mixed left and right handed) amino acids. Racemic amino acids are the building blocks of certain cosmetics, but not of living things.

So the Miller Urey experiment did not demonstrate that making the building blocks of life is reasonably simple.
Instead, it demonstrated that the building blocks of life are almost impossible to make.

Any competent biologist knows this.
And yet Science textbooks have been making and are still making these false claims for almost 70 years.
Now, are we to believe that these dozens of top establishment Biologists are all ignorant and incompetent ? No.
Thus they are liars.
linky

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 19 2019,11:39   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 19 2019,11:35)

TAMMIE LEE HAYNES

Fist look at the list of dozens of top name establishment Biologists who were contributors, editors, etc. for the book
Then look at the part about Origin of Life, and the vaunted Miller Urey Experiment of 1952.
(And as top Origin of Life Researchers have pointed out, little progress has been made since 1952)

These textbooks give the impression, and most of them explicitly state, that Drs Miller and Urey demonstrated making of “building blocks of life” from common chemicals. Except they didn’t.

The problem is “chirality”, (Chirality is whether a molecule is left handed or right handed).
Living things are made out of homochiral amino acids. (All of them are one handed). Miller and Urey didn’t make homochiral amino acids. They made racemic (mixed left and right handed) amino acids. Racemic amino acids are the building blocks of certain cosmetics, but not of living things.

So the Miller Urey experiment did not demonstrate that making the building blocks of life is reasonably simple.
Instead, it demonstrated that the building blocks of life are almost impossible to make.

And yet Science textbooks have been making and are still making these false claims for almost 70 years.
Now, are we to believe that these dozens of top establishment Biologists are all ignorant and incompetent ? No.
Thus they are liars.
linky

Anyone want to bet "Tammie Lee Haynes" is the niece of female retired marine biologist Sharon Mahoney?   :)

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 19 2019,11:54   

Tammy has commented at UD and Jerry Coyne’s blog before.

clamboy

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 19 2019,15:35   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 19 2019,11:39)
Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 19 2019,11:35)

TAMMIE LEE HAYNES

Thus they are liars.
linky

Anyone want to bet "Tammie Lee Haynes" is the niece of female retired marine biologist Sharon Mahoney?   :)

Wow. If Walter White were cooking up tard, that thread would be well above his minimum specifications for purity.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 19 2019,18:02   

This would probably make some heads explode at UD.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2019,07:57   

Happy Kitzmas, everybody!

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2019,16:45   

Ed George
December 20, 2019 at 4:41 pm
KF

Serial, failed literature bluffs.

I assume that you are referring to BA77’s penchant for cut-and-paste. 🙂

linky

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2019,16:59   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 20 2019,16:45)
Ed George
December 20, 2019 at 4:41 pm
KF

Serial, failed literature bluffs.

I assume that you are referring to BA77’s penchant for cut-and-paste. 🙂

linky

Followed shortly by this from Batshitcrazy77

Ed George, I suggest you not troll me. I will not warn you again.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2019,17:19   

Batshitcrazy77

don’t find your original nor subsequent comment funny. What I do find funny is PavelU continually referencing papers that directly contradict his claims for them.

Damn! It is going to be hard to find a new irony meter during the Christmas rush. God damn you BSC77.

13573 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (453) < ... 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]