RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (431) < ... 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,10:47   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Aug. 31 2019,11:41)
That would definitely explain ET.

Unfortunately I'd guess something pretty traumatic in childhood is responsible for Joe's aggressively antisocial behavior. Maybe he'll come to grips with it someday and change for the better. .

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,12:23   

Quote (stevestory @ Aug. 31 2019,10:47)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Aug. 31 2019,11:41)
That would definitely explain ET.

Unfortunately I'd guess something pretty traumatic in childhood is responsible for Joe's aggressively antisocial behavior. Maybe he'll come to grips with it someday and change for the better. .

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,12:44   

Quote (stevestory @ Aug. 31 2019,10:45)
I haven't followed the research in  a few years but last I recall there was some surprising research about the way-higher-than-chance number of gay men who had older sisters, suggesting the mom's body was reacting to the pregnancy in some different way that environmentally contributed to gayness. Which made an impact on me because the only gay family member I have has an older sister.

Yes there is evidence hormonal changes that happen to a mother during a pregnancy with a daughter increase the probability of subsequent male children being gay.

News is pulling a typical News boner.  She only read the headline "no gay gene" and didn't bother to learn there are many genes which form the genetic component of non-hetero orientation.

Science has known for decades non-hetero orientation is caused by a combination of genetic factors, in utero hormonal factors, and environment.  For each individual the percentage of each factor is different.   This study tries to put some numbers on the percentages, finding that in 8-25% of the instances the genetic component is the major factor.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,13:32   

Awstar August 31, 2019 at 12:25 pm
News said:

Something is changing, almost like a tectonic plate moving. People who knew they had to salute Darwin before are now thinking, “Aw, Darwin, what rot!” And note, these are not the raging Woke who would pull down Darwin’s statue because he is dead, white, and male. These are thoughtful people. They can see that he might be reasonable but wrong.

So what do you all have lined up to fill the void when all commenters are on board with “Uncommon Descent”?

Maybe it’s time to go after the current particle physics paradigm with the truth of “Intelligent Aether”?

linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,13:34   

Axel August 31, 2019 at 8:36 am
Nor should the demonic component be understimated in sexual deviancies, as in so much else in our ordinary day-to-day lives. We have to make make choices all the time. Little wonder that growth in our spiritual lives should so closely mirror our observance of what J_P de Caussade designated, ‘the Sacrament of the Present Moment’, e.g. putting a piece of scrap-paper in the waste-paper basket, if that is what God wants of us at a partiular moment – rather than giving our lives to be burnt at the stake, if is not what God wants of us at that particular moment.

The smarter people like Dembski and DaveScot got out when the writing was on the wall years ago, but is there anybody left over there who isn't mentally ill?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,14:09   

Seversky August 31, 2019 at 12:52 pm
Awstar@ 2

Maybe it’s time to go after the current particle physics paradigm with the truth of “Intelligent Aether”?

You probably mean “quantum aether”. That’s the latest buzz. You just put “quantum” in from of anything and that makes it cutting-edge, such as “quantum information” and “quantum biology”. I haven’t seen “quantum tard” yet but that may be because I haven’t been looking. Quantum stuff only exists when you’re looking at it, I’ve been told.

I've seen plenty of quantum tard at UD.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,14:24   

So far BatShit77 has only cut and pasted 2,686 words on the gay gene thread. Weird.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2019,14:48   

Quote (stevestory @ Aug. 31 2019,13:34)

Nor should the demonic component be understimated in sexual deviancies, as in so much else in our ordinary day-to-day lives. We have to make make choices all the time. Little wonder that growth in our spiritual lives should so closely mirror our observance of what J_P de Caussade designated, ‘the Sacrament of the Present Moment’, e.g. putting a piece of scrap-paper in the waste-paper basket, if that is what God wants of us at a partiular moment – rather than giving our lives to be burnt at the stake, if is not what God wants of us at that particular moment.

The smarter people like Dembski and DaveScot got out when the writing was on the wall years ago, but is there anybody left over there who isn't mentally ill?

Whoa, Davetard got fired for making an extremely insulting reference to a then new on the scene O'Leary.  Something about putting a stick up her ass, IIRC.  I think Dembski did the firing.

And of course, Dembski was fired by the Discoveroids during The Great Purge.  Wait!  That's wrong!  Dembski actually discovered a deep and abiding interest in education and starvation and voluntarily allowed himself to be pried off the Discovery cash tit.  That was Casey Luskin who got fired.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,05:54   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Aug. 31 2019,22:48)

Whoa, Davetard got fired for making an extremely insulting reference to a then new on the scene O'Leary.  Something about putting a stick up her ass, IIRC.  I think Dembski did the firing.

And of course, Dembski was fired by the Discoveroids during The Great Purge.  Wait!  That's wrong!  Dembski actually discovered a deep and abiding interest in education and starvation and voluntarily allowed himself to be pried off the Discovery cash tit.  That was Casey Luskin who got fired.

Luskin got fired? Gee I hope it was for his unibrow having caterpillars out of wedlock.

Edited by stevestory on Sep. 01 2019,08:41

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,07:13   

Quote (k.e.. @ Sep. 01 2019,06:54)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Aug. 31 2019,22:48)

Luskin got fired? Gee I hope it was for his unibrow having caterpillars out of wedlock.

POTW!

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,11:44   

Maybe he should call a lawyer?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,15:03   

Barry repeats stupid fake ID math for the millionth time

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,18:37   

Hello children! Is everyone having a nice time?

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 01 2019,19:40   

Quote (Amadan @ Sep. 01 2019,16:37)

No-one will play Mornington Crescent with me. (pouts)

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,02:49   

Quote (fnxtr @ Sep. 01 2019,19:40)

We would if you didn't insist on using Mullings rules. Last time I wore out my V, C, and Ctrl keys.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,06:01   

Bob O'HSeptember 2, 2019 at 1:36 am
johnnyb @ 27 –

So, to be clear, the “how” of ID *itself* is not logically consistent with the idea of ID (at least in terms of physics).

I’m really struggling to see how this isn’t self-refuting. How something is designed is not consistent with the idea that it was designed? In other words, if it was designed, it’s impossible for it to have been designed in some way.

As for your argument that we can’t reconstruct the past, this is also untrue: that’s what history, archeology, detective work, etc etc is about. I agree we can’t reconstruct everything (e.g. the posture of the programmer), but there are other things we can work out. If you knew anything about computing, you’d be aware that we can often work out what kind of computer it was written on, e.g. from the line endings or other quirks of the OS or programme used to write the programme.
linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,06:11   

fasteddious says they're going to get around to doing research on how ID happened just as soon as the scientific community agrees that ID is correct, because fasteddious is s a complete fucking retard.

HazelSeptember 1, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Fasteddious writes,

but perhaps ID will look into that once the rest of science agrees that ID is a valid theory.

But wouldn’t it be better for people who accept ID to be asking the further questions about implementation, on the grounds that good answers to those questions would most likely do more to help convince the rest of science that ID is worth pursuing? Saying that “perhaps ID will look into” those further questions doesn’t come across as very motivating for those who who might see some merit in considering ID, but don’t accept the premise of the OP that it is sufficient to detect design without asking further questions of implementation.

I don’t think some preliminary work involve possible hypotheses and research projects should be stopped by lack of acceptance or mainstream funds. Again, as had happened frequently in the past, someone(s) have to pioneer the ideas and work to get a new paradigm off the ground.

Just arguing for design hasn’t had any great impact, I don’t think: maybe what is missing is a movement to address the implementation questions.

linky

Edited by stevestory on Sep. 02 2019,07:23

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,11:39   

I saw a couple links in my blog's traffic from here, and thought maybe you all were saying how much you missed me. But I guess it was just an archeologist browsing through posts from 2007 and seeing if the links were extinct.

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,12:02   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Sep. 02 2019,02:49)
Quote (fnxtr @ Sep. 01 2019,19:40)

We would if you didn't insist on using Mullings rules. Last time I wore out my V, C, and Ctrl keys.

No, you can only play "Gordon Hill" if the Moorgate Electrics supplement to the Rules is in force, and "Gordon's Hill" is only allowed if the Rev Awdry Memorial Rules are in use and you're a tank engine.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,12:40   

This thread is for UD's gibberish, not MC gibberish.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 02 2019,16:01   

For the creationists, Dembski is a relative youngster at 59. Michael Behe and Ken Ham are both 67. Stephen Meyer is 61, Michael Denton is 76, Jonathan Wells and David Berlinski are both 77.

No particular point, just noticing it.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,06:29   

Quote (dheddle @ Sep. 02 2019,19:39)
I saw a couple links in my blog's traffic from here, and thought maybe you all were saying how much you missed me. But I guess it was just an archeologist browsing through posts from 2007 and seeing if the links were extinct.

Yeah I missed you but not as much as Lenny or Erasmus ......those were the days.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,06:35   

Quote (stevestory @ Sep. 03 2019,00:01)
For the creationists, Dembski is a relative youngster at 59. Michael Behe and Ken Ham are both 67. Stephen Meyer is 61, Michael Denton is 76, Jonathan Wells and David Berlinski are both 77.

Doc Berlinski Belinski is probably starting to forget why he's here. Old creationists never die there's one reborn every minute.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,08:02   

Quote (k.e.. @ Sep. 03 2019,07:35)
Quote (stevestory @ Sep. 03 2019,00:01)

Doc Berlinski Belinski is probably starting to forget why he's here. Old creationists never die there's one reborn every minute.

In the 14 years since the Intelligent Design strategy died they haven't come up with anything new.

The average age of Evangelical Christians in the United States is now 55, compare that with the median age of 37. Altogether Evangelical Christians represent 26% of the population, but among people 30 and under, they're only 10%, their numbers are crashing. The fastest growing group among the millennials and younger are the Nones. That can't be good for creationism.

Edited by stevestory on Sep. 03 2019,09:04

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,08:08   

Quote (k.e.. @ Sep. 03 2019,06:29)

Yeah I missed you but not as much as Lenny or Erasmus ......those were the days.

Indeed. Although a quick perusal reveals that names like "Dembski" and "DaveScot" are still making appearances on these pages. To the millennials, you might as well be posting about Eisenhower.

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,08:41   

Quote (dheddle @ Sep. 03 2019,16:08)

Indeed. Although a quick perusal reveals that names like "Dembski" and "DaveScot" are still making appearances on these pages. To the millennials, you might as well be posting about Eisenhower.

Yeah they left plenty of stink behind. Now they're attracting mosquitoes in some other swamp good luck to them. But seriously Eisenhower? How about Charles Manson and the Unabomber or David Koresh? Something they might binge watch on netwank.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,11:15   

LOL!  Joe Gallien just tried to sneak back into Peaceful Science with a new sockpuppet BWhite.    It took the PS regulars about 4 of his posts to ID him.    :D

Joke just doesn't understand his shit still stinks the same no matter what sock he uses to post it under.   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,11:43   

Quote (dheddle @ Sep. 03 2019,08:08)

Millennials? Here? I think we're aging as quickly as the evangelical community.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,12:17   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Sep. 03 2019,11:15)
LOL!  Joe Gallien just tried to sneak back into Peaceful Science with a new sockpuppet BWhite.    It took the PS regulars about 4 of his posts to ID him.    :D

Joke just doesn't understand his shit still stinks the same no matter what sock he uses to post it under.   :D

Obviously, they can reliably detect design. However, since it's Joe it doesn't mean that they are detecting Intelligent design.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 03 2019,12:22   

So was it design, or was it just an incessantly recurring pattern?

12922 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (431) < ... 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]