RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (430) < ... 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: May 01 2019,14:45   

Quote (stevestory @ April 29 2019,11:31)

The Multiverse is Anti-Scientific

The UD News Desk’s latest post has me thinking. […]

Posted on April 29, 2019 AuthorBarry Arrington Comment(1)

linky

Not bloody fucking likely.

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 01 2019,14:48   

Quote (Lou FCD @ May 01 2019,12:45)

linky

Not likely you'll click the link, or not likely Barry's thinking?

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 01 2019,15:20   

I'd pick C) Both

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: May 02 2019,03:49   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 01 2019,15:48)
Quote (Lou FCD @ May 01 2019,12:45)

linky

Not likely you'll click the link, or not likely Barry's thinking?

Yes.

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2019,18:05   

I don't have the advanced scientific training necessary to follow the high-level science being done at UD.
FourFaces May 3, 2019 at 3:07 pm
This is repost from another thread on artificial intelligence.

Christians and ID supporters are mistaken about AI. But then again, so are Darwinists, materialists and atheists. Not only will we have human-level artificial intelligence in the not too distant future, it will come from the one place that nobody expects: Christianity. Intelligence does not have to be conscious. It’s just cause and effect. There is no reason we cannot build a robot that can walk into a generic kitchen and prepare a breakfast of sausage with scrambled eggs, coffee and pancakes. Will robots be conscious? Of course not. It takes both a soul and a body to be conscious.

Why do I say that true AI will come from Christianity? Because the secret of intelligence (among other things) has already been given to the faithful in the form of occult (metaphorical) scriptures. It’s hiding in plain sight. Just saying.

linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2019,18:08   

I can only presume he got called away from his computer before he was able to type up the decoded occult scriptures he references. As soon as he gets back to his computer we should be able to build breakthrough AI now. Exciting!

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2019,18:10   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2019,16:05)
I don't have the advanced scientific training necessary to follow the high-level science being done at UD.

Christians and ID supporters are mistaken about AI. But then again, so are Darwinists, materialists and atheists. Not only will we have human-level artificial intelligence in the not too distant future, it will come from the one place that nobody expects: Christianity. Intelligence does not have to be conscious. It’s just cause and effect. There is no reason we cannot build a robot that can walk into a generic kitchen and prepare a breakfast of sausage with scrambled eggs, coffee and pancakes. Will robots be conscious? Of course not. It takes both a soul and a body to be conscious.

Why do I say that true AI will come from Christianity? Because the secret of intelligence (among other things) has already been given to the faithful in the form of occult (metaphorical) scriptures. It’s hiding in plain sight. Just saying.

linky

"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,09:59   

I don’t go to UD as often as I used to but every time I go, I see less and less of interest to read. The number of commenters have dwindled, leaving the ID side with religious fanatics like Mullings (KF) and Cunningham (Batshitcrazy77), and complete abnoxious douche bags like Joe (ET).  

Although it is entertaining to see some materialist get KF all wound up, even he appears to be mellowing with age. I feel sorry for Batshitcrazy77 because there is obviously some untreated pathology underlying his zealotry. And ET, well, there is a man with no redeeming qualities. He merely parrots the same lame tropes over and over again, interspersed with his typical insults. The only amusing thing with him is the fact that nobody at UD responds to his comments. Not even fellow ID supporters. That must frustrate him.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,10:19   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 04 2019,10:59)
I don’t go to UD as often as I used to but every time I go, I see less and less of interest to read. The number of commenters have dwindled, leaving the ID side with religious fanatics like Mullings (KF) and Cunningham (Batshitcrazy77), and complete abnoxious douche bags like Joe (ET).  

Although it is entertaining to see some materialist get KF all wound up, even he appears to be mellowing with age. I feel sorry for Batshitcrazy77 because there is obviously some untreated pathology underlying his zealotry. And ET, well, there is a man with no redeeming qualities. He merely parrots the same lame tropes over and over again, interspersed with his typical insults. The only amusing thing with him is the fact that nobody at UD responds to his comments. Not even fellow ID supporters. That must frustrate him.

I've been there three times in the last 20 hours, and there's just nothing going on over there. ID died, the creationists have nothing to replace it, the only people still hanging out on those websites are people with actual mental/personality disorders, and there's just nothing to talk about, except taking the occasional potshot at the occasional lunatic. I emailed the editors of biocomplexity a while back asking when the next 'issue' would be out and they didn't even respond. Everybody even completely forgot Paul Nelson Day this year. I'm sure sooner or later Barry will quit subsidizing that junker he got conned into buying.

On the plus side I'm having lots of fun with my other hobbies.
:D

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,10:33   

So UD wasn't intelligently designed? It must have evolved to be what it is?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,12:37   

Quote (Henry J @ May 04 2019,11:33)

Lotta Genetic Entropy among the regulars over there  :D

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,13:05   

Quote (stevestory @ May 04 2019,13:37)
Quote (Henry J @ May 04 2019,11:33)

Lotta Genetic Entropy among the regulars over there  :D

But no ontological depth whatsoever.

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,16:06   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2019,18:05)

linky

Perhaps he's got the wrong "AI" and is thinking about the AI that's to do with reproduction. That one has biblical precedents....

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,17:10   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2019,18:05)

linky

Wait, isn't Louis Savain also/was Mapou? Because he is certainly socking up as FourfFaces unless FourFaces is copy/pasting someone else's comment.

Because what you posted reminded me of this self-imposed MORATORIUM! by Louis at his "Rebel Science" blog back in October.

Moratorium

Temporary Stop

I have decided to stop writing artificial intelligence and physics articles based on my interpretation of occult Biblical texts. At least for the time being. The reason is that I am not wise enough to judge the potential consequences. This moratorium will continue unless I somehow become wiser or someone wiser than me convinces me to end it. I may publish a demo AI application but not the source code.

By the way, I am on Twitter and Gab where I post my thoughts on various subjects including AGI, politics, mainstream AI, free speech, world affairs and architecture. I will make all major future announcements (such as the release of a demo app) on Gab exclusively.

Looks like he's concerned he might summon a legion of demons, or the anti-christ (too late actually, the talibangelicals are already knee-padding for Trump), or perhaps even trigger Armageddon itself.

Also, love that he uses Gab. A staple service for alt-right wingnuts of every flavor.

After crapping on some current AI research in the comments and can't help but submit yet another accusing "plutocrat Jews" who "have a bone to pick with Christianity" of pushing us into a holy war. (edited on reread)

Louis Savain said...

This is off topic but I would like to point to something that has been in the back of my mind for quite a while. I predicted back in April of this year that the Jewish community should brace themselves for bad news. The recent terrorist attack on a Jewish synagogue in Pittsburg has brought my worst fears to the surface.

Many in the Christian communities of western nations, and especially here in the US, now see the liberal globalist left, the mainstream media, Silicon Valley and Hollywood as the enemy. They believe that leftist Jewish plutocrats are behind it and that they have a bone to pick with white Christianity. I believe this hostility between Christians and Jews will escalate to open civil war. This will put undue hardship on non-leftist Jews and especially on Israel. It will get very ugly before it gets better, I'm sorry to say.
   October 30, 2018 at 10:04 AM

His twitter feed is hilarious. He's gone full blown (((globalist))) conspiracy theorist. I checked it just moments ago which is where I just saw this Twitter thread which was posted just yesterday.

Most Christians are mistaken about AI. But then again, so are materialists and atheists. Not only will we have human-level artificial intelligence in the not too distant future, it will come from the one place that nobody expects: Christianity. (cont)

Intelligence does not have to be conscious. It’s just cause and effect. It takes both a soul and a body to be conscious. There is no reason we can't build a robot that can walk into a generic kitchen and prepare a breakfast of scrambled eggs, coffee, juice and pancakes. (cont)

Why do I say that true AI will come from Christianity? Because the secret of intelligence (among other things) has already been given to the faithful in the form of occult (metaphorical) scriptures. It’s hiding in plain sight. It's good to be a nut on the internet.

If this is already common knowledge that he is FourFaces I must have missed it. Which would not be unusual.

He's also joining in on the meltdown currently underway in the rightwing nut-o-sphere over Facebook axing the accounts of the Alex Jones crowd along with Milo and a few other deplorables.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,18:07   

Holy swastika, Batman!

Rebel Science
@RebelScience
·
5h
Every Silicon Valley CEO should be arrested and their assets confiscated for high treason against the people. The entire Christian world should rise up en masse against Silicon Valley and their globalist masters. Wake up, Christians. Stop being pushovers.

Rebel Science
@RebelScience
·
May 3
This is a very bad move that will exacerbate the hatred between Muslims and Jews and between Christians and Jews. Everybody knows that the social networks and mainstream media are controlled by Jews. The Jewish community should oppose this censorship. We could all be friends.

Rebel Science
@RebelScience
·
Apr 28
"Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names." - Rev 13:1

The hidden meaning of these symbols will astonish all, scientists and laymen alike. It's not what you think.

He's got a real hatred of Modernist architecture, that guy.

14 years after the intelligent design scam failed all we're left with is nutjobs.

Tony M Nyphot

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2019,19:20   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2019,17:05)

linky

Had to go look and see there's a back-and-forth between FourFaces and ET.

Wonder if they are aware of each other's alter (massive) egos?

--------------
"I, OTOH, am an underachiever...I either pee my pants or faint dead away..." FTK

"You could always wrap fresh fish in the paper you publish it on, though, and sell that." - Field Man on how to find value in Gary Gaulin's real-science "theory"

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,13:17   

OldArmy94 May 6, 2019 at 10:28 am
Nominal Christianity has been on the decline in America since the 1960s, and I say, good riddance to it. As for the homosexual issue, those churches that have tried to shoehorn it into their theology, or otherwise simply dismissed biblical doctrine about marriage and sexuality, have been on that road to oblivion. Indeed, research shows that those who profess to be gay are much more likely to seek out a conservative, Evangelical congregation than a liberal mainline church. That may seem remarkable at face value, but it reveals that those who truly seek the Face of Jesus will gravitate toward truth. Those who are exclusively concerned about their own needs and desires, Scripture, doctrine, and historical grounding be damned, will never arrive on that heavenly shore.

The bottom line is if the “Church Universal” concerns itself with numbers and popularity, then it will never be the instrument that God has ordained it to be. Instead, let God worry about the numbers, and don’t forget that narrow is the way.

how does UD find all these scientists?

:D  :)  :)  :p

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:01   

Hazel May 6, 2019 at 1:20 pm
kf, if you would like people to respond to substantive issues rather than the ranting nature of your posts, don’t rant. That’s simple.

Gordon obsessing over gay sex, as usual.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:09   

If only somebody would point out to them that the closed mouth gathers no foot.  :p

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:26   

Dense and Dreary posts a congratulatory OP about someone name Phillip Cunningham and all four comments, comprising a few thousand words, are from a single person. Does anybody want to place a bet on who the commenter is?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:26   

A careful examination of the problem of motion will reveal that we are immersed in an immense 4-D lattice of particles without which there can be no motion at all. This 4-D lattice must precede the Big Bang. In my opinion, there was a beginning but first God had to “stretch out the heavens like the fabric of a tent.” The closest analog to the lattice is what physicists call the zero-point energy field. One day, in the not too distant future, we will learn how to tap into the lattice for unlimited, clean, free energy and super-fast transportation. Just saying.

that's not how you use the phrase "just saying", numbnuts

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:27   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,17:26)
Dense and Dreary posts a congratulatory OP about someone name Phillip Cunningham and all four comments, comprising a few thousand words, are from a single person. Does anybody want to place a bet on who the commenter is?

Some guy with a purely secular, intellectual point of view?

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:29   

Quote (stevestory @ May 06 2019,16:27)

And your second guess is...?

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,16:33   

DS et al, I will only note that there is a reason certain well-known sex manuals were forced to put warning labels regarding certain acts. The realities are manifest. KF

I wonder wher KF keeps these manuals. Between the bible and Plato’s Republic in his library, or on his night stand beside a box of Kleenex?

Kinky poo

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,22:26   

Uh, I assume you all know that ba77 is Phillip Cunningham, don't you???

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,22:36   

Quote (Jkrebs @ May 06 2019,22:26)

Phillip Cunningham is BA77? I am shocked. I never would have guessed. Next you are going to tell me that KairosFocus is Gordon Mullings, and that ET is Joe Gallien. :)

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,22:44   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,22:36)

Phillip Cunningham is BA77? I am shocked. I never would have guessed. Next you are going to tell me that KairosFocus is Gordon Mullings, and that ET is Joe Gallien. :)

And, according to Joe, all of them are you.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,22:52   

OK, got it. Feeling a little foolish ... :-)

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,23:23   

Quote (Jkrebs @ May 06 2019,22:52)
OK, got it. Feeling a little foolish ... :-)

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. But this is another example of the dire need for a sarcasm font.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,23:25   

Quote (Texas Teach @ May 06 2019,22:44)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,22:36)

And, according to Joe, all of them are you.

If I weren’t schizophrenic, I would be insulted by Joe, Et, Virgil,Frankie, Sharon...

12891 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (430) < ... 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]