Joined: Jan. 2006
|You seem to have forgotten why your account at TSZ was suspended. Using your author privileges to launch a personal and arguably libellous attack on a professional academic is not in the ethos of TSZ. Being utterly impervious to requests to desist and insisting your behaviour was acceptable is what got you where you are now.|
Let's look at what really happened:
1. The OP violated no rules, as you yourself have acknowledged.
2. My accusation of lying against Joshua Swamidass was fine. Lizzie herself has used TSZ to publicly accuse Stephen Meyer of lying, as you know perfectly well. No one panicked then, and no one needed to panic now. As Patrick has pointed out, you simply used the situation as an excuse to settle a personal grudge.
3. TSZ was never in any legal danger. First, the OP wasn't libelous, and neither was Lizzie's claim about Meyer, because Lizzie and I are able to back up our claims. If it's true, it isn't libel. Second, as Patrick explained to you, TSZ wouldn't have been in danger even if the OP had been libelous:
|As noted early in this thread, the possibility of legal action is extremely small and, even if taken, would only result in Elizabeth having to either provide a way of contacting keiths or take down the post. She is in no legal danger.|
4. You don't have the authority to suspend people at all, much less for 30 days, as Neil has acknowledged.
5. Far from being "impervious to requests", I actually modified my OP in response to them:
|Subsequently, keiths was utterly immune to any request to desist.|
Oh, please. Here's what actually happened:
Even though I disagreed that the original OP was rule-violating -- a position that you have now validated (oops) -- I went ahead and modified it so that it didn't accuse Swamidass of lying, but merely referred to his falsehoods. The modified version can be seen here.
I submitted the modified OP. What happened? Neil refused to publish it, giving the following bogus reason:
|I will not be publishing that. If you want to have a public fight with Dr Swamidass, you will need to find another site for it.|
Thus proving that it had nothing to do with rules, and everything to do with Neil's childishness and desire to censor someone against whom he holds an intense grudge.
You guys are just pitiful.
A suspension you aren't authorized to make, based on a rule violation that didn't occur and a legal danger that doesn't exist, and a supposed "imperviousness" that is a complete fabrication.
And you've maintained it for almost 30 days, despite the fact that you can't justify it.
That's pure moderation abuse, top to bottom. Barry would be proud.
You've made a complete ass of yourself, Alan.
Edited by keiths on Aug. 30 2018,20:19
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G
Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF