RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (778) < ... 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,21:27   

Quote (Henry J @ April 23 2019,21:26)
Quote (stevestory @ April 23 2019,17:55)
[...] I was doing some background reading and I came across the classic Chowdhury & Whitesides paper "How to Make Water Run Uphill". Amusing little paper.

Water that thinks it's super-cooled helium?

Delinquent water that won’t obey the law.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,21:28   

Quote (JohnW @ April 23 2019,19:36)
Steve, maybe you know why NASA doesn't use molecules which disobey the law of gravity in the space program.

They didn't qualify for the astronaut program?

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,21:31   

[duplicate]

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,21:33   

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,22:59   

Quote (Henry J @ April 23 2019,22:26)
Quote (stevestory @ April 23 2019,17:55)
[...] I was doing some background reading and I came across the classic Chowdhury & Whitesides paper "How to Make Water Run Uphill". Amusing little paper.

Water that thinks it's super-cooled helium?

It's late and the paper is easy to find because it was kind of cute and famous, but they just made a surface energy gradient out of something, I don't remember what they used. So a little ramp that's more hydrophobic at the bottom, so the little tiny water droplet moves up as the angle of wetting gets smaller. The lab I worked in, we used n-octa-trichlorosilane monolayers because those would self-assemble on SiOx.

the little experiment they do with the superfluid helium where it goes through those tiny pores, that's just bizarre to watch.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2019,23:03   

Quote (Henry J @ April 23 2019,22:28)
Steve, maybe you know why NASA doesn't use molecules which disobey the law of gravity in the space program.

In Sherrie-Joe's world NASA's just a bunch of faggots who faked the moon landings because they couldn't explain eukaryotes.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,06:06   

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 24 2019,04:58)
Quote (keiths @ April 23 2019,20:44)
Quote (JohnW @ April 23 2019,18:36)

Quote (stevestory @ April 23 2019,16:55)

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 23 2019,18:35)

Quote (Joe G @ April 23 2019,17:11)

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 23 2019,16:50)
Joe has now filled page after page of his claim that water (by which he means only the liquid phase) obeys gravity because it flows downhill. He uses this effect to claim that a single water molecule is different and “doesn’t obey gravity”.  There are so many things wrong with his argument that we could go on laughing forever.

But here’s one more hilarious dimension to that claim that is wrong.  Joe claim that water flows downhill and thus obeys gravity.  He has, however, forgotten fog.  Fog is a colloid.  It is made up of small drops of liquid water (what Joe insists is the only thing properly called water).  The drops are small enough that they will not settle out of the air when left standing.  They are water (by Joe’s quixotic definition) that doesn’t flow downhill.  Thus, by Joe’s definition, not all water obeys gravity, and that behavior cannot be used to distinguish liquid water from a single molecule.  QED

Keep humping that strawman, you desperate coward.

What is the surface tension of fog? And why fog and not just any cloud?

Joe, learn what a strawman is.  Hint: it isn’t using facts and logic to tear your claims into teeny tiny little bits that float in the air.

I didn’t bring up clouds because you would have tried to claim they also contain ice crystals, and that would wind you up on your stupid definition of water again.  But you can’t weasel out of fog being water.

The surface tension could be determined for each drop, but it depends on lots of things, and what it is isn’t really relevant to you being dead wrong about flowing downhill as a way to distinguish liquid water from a single molecule.   Attempted evasion duly noted, though.

I do not miss surface tension, either calculating it or measuring it. Back when the physics research I did involved using a goniometer to measure the angle a water droplet made on the polymer surfaces I was spin-casting, which let you use the Young-Dupree equation to figure out roughly what the surface free energy was, I was doing some background reading and I came across the classic Chowdhury & Whitesides paper "How to Make Water Run Uphill". Amusing little paper.

I've got a publication in Langmuir or Macromolecules or one of those journals from that stuff, but I left that lab within a year for a biophysics lab which was more interesting.

Steve, maybe you know why NASA doesn't use molecules which disobey the law of gravity in the space program.  Joe wouldn't answer.

Joe probably thinks that "goniometer" is the name for that thing he uses to measure his harbles.

My father told me that he and his classmates in the physical therapy program called them gonadometers.  He was nice enough to score me a whole pile of them at conventions to use while teaching vectors.

Joe could use one of those on his alter ego Sharon to see if he grows a new pair every time he takes off his skirt.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,07:08   

Quote (Joe G @ April 23 2019,19:48)
Quote (Joe G @ April 23 2019,08:23)
Jack, yes or no- when someone talks about the emissions of CO2, if they talk about the wavelength or the frequency, are they talking about the SAME thing?

If one science paper talks about the CO2 emission's wavelength, and another talks about the frequency, are they discussing the SAME thing?

The following graph proves my point:

It is very telling that ke refuses to answer the questions...

And again

Now Ventriloquist's dummy and all round STUPID PERSON Jo3G is equating C02 emissions with F & Lamda.....WTF?

Jo3G are F & Lamda SYNONYMS?

YES

OR

NO

?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,07:57   

Quote (stevestory @ April 23 2019,23:03)

In Sherrie-Joe's world NASA's just a bunch of faggots who faked the moon landings because they couldn't explain eukaryotes.

Well, it ain't rocket science.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,08:36   

Quote (stevestory @ April 23 2019,22:03)

There's no ew car yotes on de moon! (Well, probably. At least not live ones).

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,08:42   

6*7=42
7*6=42

In Joe logic this means 6 and 7 are interchangeable, therefore 6 = 7.

:O  :O  :O

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,08:50   

Hey Joe you left your yew car oh lights on when you went to teh STUPID CREATIONISM meeting where you had part with your brains to get into heaven again.

STUPID Jo3G when you got blown up on your own petard detector in IRAQ did they give you a discount because of your IQ?

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,10:02   

Quote (stevestory @ April 24 2019,06:42)
6*7=42
7*6=42

Baseballs are white.  Baseballs are round.  And we're talking about the SAME thing.  Therefore color = shape.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,10:42   

Quote (JohnW @ April 24 2019,11:02)
6*7=42
7*6=42

Baseballs are white.  Baseballs are round.  And we're talking about the SAME thing.  Therefore color = shape.

You could win the 2019 Joebel Prize.  :D

Tony M Nyphot

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,10:49   

Quote (JohnW @ April 24 2019,09:02)
6*7=42
7*6=42

Everyone's asshole spews shit.

JoeG spews shit.

Therefore by JoeLogic, JoeG is everyone's asshole.

--------------
"I, OTOH, am an underachiever...I either pee my pants or faint dead away..." FTK

"You could always wrap fresh fish in the paper you publish it on, though, and sell that." - Field Man on how to find value in Gary Gaulin's real-science "theory"

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,10:49   

Quote (stevestory @ April 24 2019,07:42)
6*7=42
7*6=42

Nah, that's just the communal property of multiple cations.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2019,12:04   

Quote (stevestory @ April 24 2019,08:42)
6*7=42
7*6=42

That would be the Teleologic Award for Research on Design.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2019,09:41   

Quote (JohnW @ April 24 2019,20:04)
Quote (stevestory @ April 24 2019,08:42)

6*7=42
7*6=42

That would be the Teleologic Award for Research on Design.

Or a very wet straw man who loves being humped medal for Jo3G's adversity in the face of anniversary of all ID fail.

--------------

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2019,22:34   

Just to wind Joe up a bit, here's a quote from The Logic of Infinity by Barnaby Sheppard:
It is important to stress that we do not need to exhibit an explicit bijection to between two sets in order to show that they have the same cardinality, we need only prove that such a bijection exists.

And here's Joe making a fool of himself:
And BTW YOU cannot show the primes and the set of naturals have a one-to-one correspondence. That is because you don’t even know the full list of primes.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 05 2019,10:15   

Joke is still butthurt and licking his wounds over at the Dense place.

Still, his "water is affected by gravity but individual water molecules are not" is among the top entries at the Joke Gallien Stupidity HOF.   :)

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 05 2019,11:56   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 05 2019,11:15)
Joke is still butthurt and licking his wounds over at the Dense place.

Still, his "water is affected by gravity but individual water molecules are not" is among the top entries at the Joke Gallien Stupidity HOF.   :)

Did you see what he said about how a robot could never have AI because it would run out of battery power? The Stupidity HOF expands perpetually.

:D  :D  :D

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 05 2019,19:26   

Maybe it's the energizer bunny?

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,10:56   

Joke pipes up about the evil gheys and SSM:

Joke: "Total nonsense. They cannot procreate, so given that they cannot marry. That is the valid argument."

linky

That's why we require fertility tests before marriage licenses are issued, and why menopausal women and infertile older men are prohibited by law from marrying.  Oh wait....   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,11:23   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 06 2019,11:56)

Joke: "Total nonsense. They cannot procreate, so given that they cannot marry. That is the valid argument."

linky

That's why we require fertility tests before marriage licenses are issued, and why menopausal women and infertile older men are prohibited by law from marrying.  Oh wait....   :D

In 11 days gay marriage will have been legal in Sherrie-Joe's state for 15 years.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,11:27   

It's fun to watch Gordon lose his shit though

Kairosfocus May 6, 2019 at 4:36 am
F/N: Also, let us not forget the post 9/11 false, academically grossly irresponsible false immoral equivalency projected from Islamist radicalism to the historic Christian faith and to...

(10 billion words of nonsense)...

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,13:45   

Quote (stevestory @ May 06 2019,09:27)
It's fun to watch Gordon lose his shit though

Kairosfocus May 6, 2019 at 4:36 am
F/N: Also, let us not forget the post 9/11 false, academically grossly irresponsible false immoral equivalency projected from Islamist radicalism to the historic Christian faith and to...

(10 billion words of nonsense)...

If only Plato had warned us about this.

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,14:02   

Quote (stevestory @ May 06 2019,09:23)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 06 2019,11:56)

linky

In 11 days gay marriage will have been legal in Sherrie-Joe's state for 15 years.

No-one could ever accuse ET of being a stopped clock.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2019,20:52   

Is that cause he's always wound up?

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,10:20   

Quote (Henry J @ May 07 2019,04:52)

Tightly sprung? I think he secretly might have sugar in his socks. And he's fond of his mother.Tied up with the wrong crowd. Bends down for complete strangers. Inconsistent.A sunset lover. Smooth elbows. A man with specific mannerisms. Sleeps diagonally. A perplexment. Rides the carousel. An evening botanist. Classically athletic .Fraternally-minded. Wears a light wristwatch.Gives a careful handshake. Gives too much change for a dollar. A fluent swimmer. A keen-eyed birdwatcher

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,14:51   

Quote (k.e.. @ May 09 2019,08:20)
Quote (Henry J @ May 07 2019,04:52)

Tightly sprung? I think he secretly might have sugar in his socks. And he's fond of his mother.Tied up with the wrong crowd. Bends down for complete strangers. Inconsistent.A sunset lover. Smooth elbows. A man with specific mannerisms. Sleeps diagonally. A perplexment. Rides the carousel. An evening botanist. Classically athletic .Fraternally-minded. Wears a light wristwatch.Gives a careful handshake. Gives too much change for a dollar. A fluent swimmer. A keen-eyed birdwatcher

Because he's not even right twice a day.

k.e. are you suggesting ET is...  musical? A confirmed bachelor?

Why did the sperm cross the road?

Because ET put on the wrong socks this morning.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

23320 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (778) < ... 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]