RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (417) < ... 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,20:33   

No, Ed is the one who has lobbied for a "read more" link so one could quickly scroll by ba's posts. He has irritated ba about this.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,21:10   

Quote (Jkrebs @ May 08 2019,20:33)
No, Ed is the one who has lobbied for a "read more" link so one could quickly scroll by ba's posts. He has irritated ba about this.

For Batshitcrazy77, we need a read less button.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,06:05   

Denyse is trying to push Susan Mazur's latest book. If we follow the link to the book's Amazon page, we see there is one review, by a John C. Landon, which gives it 5 stars. One wonders who John C. Landon is. Well,  his previous review on Amazon gives you some idea:
Not a verified purchase, but the issue is so important I will simply inject a warning that it sad at this late date to see books and authors in a muddle over 9/11 and unable to see the coverup behind the failure so-called of the intelligence agencies. Those who read such books have scared away from really looking at the 'inside job' that is freely available and carefully considered. To get that dismissed as 'conspiracy theory' was a great feat of the CIA et al in public brainwashing...

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,08:02   

Quote (Bob O'H @ May 09 2019,14:05)
Denyse is trying to push Susan Mazur's latest book. If we follow the link to the book's Amazon page, we see there is one review, by a John C. Landon, which gives it 5 stars. One wonders who John C. Landon is. Well,  his previous review on Amazon gives you some idea:

Not a verified purchase, but the issue is so important I will simply inject a warning that it sad at this late date to see books and authors in a muddle over 9/11 and unable to see the coverup behind the failure so-called of the intelligence agencies. Those who read such books have scared away from really looking at the 'inside job' that is freely available and carefully considered. To get that dismissed as 'conspiracy theory' was a great feat of the CIA et al in public brainwashing...

Smells like the sulfurous breath of a fundamentalist nut job from a volcanic island.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,10:29   

Thursday morning quiz. Who recently said this?
Homosexuality goes against nature. And we are part of nature so it goes against us, too. HIV and AIDS would not be the problem they are without homosexuality.

Hint, this person routinely calls people ass-munching faggots but denies being homophobic.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,10:57   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 09 2019,08:29)
Homosexuality goes against nature. And we are part of nature so it goes against us, too. HIV and AIDS would not be the problem they are without homosexuality.

Hint, this person routinely calls people ass-munching faggots but denies being homophobic.

The same person who also thinks water molecules go against nature?

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 09 2019,11:01   

Quote (JohnW @ May 09 2019,18:57)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 09 2019,08:29)

The same person who also thinks water molecules go against nature?

Also has a problem with gravity and really big numbers?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,08:19   

Well, gravity is a heavy subject, after all.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,08:46   

Nothing but science over at the puzzle factory.

Mullings at his most sciency

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,11:18   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2019,08:46)

He must have got his white coat back from the wash. I think he got a green Kool-aid stain on it when he knocked over the beaker he was using as a prop the last time he was doing sciency.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,13:02   

Quote (KevinB @ May 10 2019,09:18)

He must have got his white coat back from the wash. I think he got a green Kool-aid stain on it when he knocked over the beaker he was using as a prop the last time he was doing sciency.

Gordon's white coat has straps on the sleeves.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,16:44   

Quote (JohnW @ May 10 2019,13:02)

And after he inserts responses into someone else’s comment about his core topics not being addressed and that failure to do so speaks volumes, he does this:
Comments are closed.

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,16:48   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2019,16:44)

And after he inserts responses into someone else’s comment about his core topics not being addressed and that failure to do so speaks volumes, he does this:
Comments are closed.

Brave Sir Gordon ran away.  Bravely ran away away...

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,18:02   

Quote (Henry J @ May 10 2019,06:19)
Well, gravity is a heavy subject, after all.

truth

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2019,20:03   

But does he like watermelon?

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2019,00:37   

Quote (Henry J @ May 10 2019,18:03)

:p

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2019,08:24   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 11 2019,08:37)
Quote (Henry J @ May 10 2019,18:03)

:p

Oh yeah, was that a tear or a rip?

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2019,08:30   

Quote (Texas Teach @ May 11 2019,00:48)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2019,16:44)

Comments are closed.

Brave Sir Gordon ran away.  Bravely ran away away...

Gordo thinks he's the Tonton Macoute of ID. Pity ManJack Heights is just a yuppy slum on Montserrat.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2019,16:40   

Hazel May 12, 2019 at 3:31 pm
From above, Plantinga writes,

In fact, given materialism and evolution, it follows that our belief-producing faculties are not reliable.
Here’s why. If a belief is as likely to be false as to be true, we’d have to say the probability that any particular belief is true is about 50 percent. Now suppose we had a total of 100 independent beliefs (of course, we have many more). Remember that the probability that all of a group of beliefs are true is the multiplication of all their individual probabilities. Even if we set a fairly low bar for reliability — say, that at least two-thirds (67 percent) of our beliefs are true — our overall reliability, given materialism and evolution, is exceedingly low: something like .0004

That is just about the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard.

linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2019,16:42   

So David Gelernter is now an ID nut? Previously he was just a global warming denier and moon landing hoaxer.

poor dummy.

ETA--I heard he was a moon landing nut and a global warming denier but I've never actually seen him say that. But he did write for the Federalist, so I wouldn't be surprised.

ETA2--reposted to more correcter thread.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2019,17:39   

Brother Brian May 12, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Hazel

Stick around.  :)

link. Possibly.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2019,03:02   

Quote (stevestory @ May 12 2019,17:39)
Brother Brian May 12, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Hazel

Stick around.  :)

link. Possibly.

That is one of the "gift that just keeps on giving" threads. Especially if you're working in keyboard sales.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2019,04:28   

Mein Fuhrer, I can post!

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2019,09:16   

Brother Brian May 13, 2019 at 7:40 am
BA77      

Brother Brian, you, having now displaced Seversky as the resident troll, are currently the reigning king of ‘stupid arguments’ on UD.

Why? Are you abdicating the throne? :)

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,08:05   

Quote (stevestory @ May 13 2019,17:16)
Brother Brian May 13, 2019 at 7:40 am
BA77        

Brother Brian, you, having now displaced Seversky as the resident troll, are currently the reigning king of ‘stupid arguments’ on UD.

Why? Are you abdicating the throne? :)

I'd pay money for that. ID trolls thinking they are going to go over the bridge. When they can't even conceive of giving up their blanky before that first step from their fetid stink pile of sordid non reason.

Simple Simon UD peon gives up nothing to attack intelligence.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,10:57   

DaveS May 14, 2019 at 8:08 am
KF,

Do you believe that same-sex marriage will ever be illegal anywhere in the US again?

Kairosfocus May 14, 2019 at 9:49 am
DS, I think last days fatalism is an error. On reading my Bible, at Pentecost, Peter spoke of “in these last days” as we also see in Heb 1. Messiah is eschatological, and arguably the frame extends to Jeremiah and Daniel: 2,600 years so far, the time when God goes global, then as gospel goes, revival meets resistance by riot. And riot is very bad governance in any of the nations that are created by and accountable to God. Where, God is creator of the nations and the gospel has an intrinsic ethical component which is part of how it teaches the nations. Including as we can see in Alfred’s Book of Dooms and in Justinian’s Corpus Juris Civilis (in its embedded textbook, the Institutes) — not perfect, but instructive. So, too, the parables of the stewards found wanting should serve as warning enough that we must not be found idle or refusing to teach the nations i/l/o Messiah. Where, Gal 3:14 is clear that in the seed of Abraham, the blessing of Abraham is come to any nation that will but receive it. So, the current guilty secret of our civilisation is a bad sign, and it is tied to the Rom 1 collapse of ethics and good order that marks communities in stubborn rebellion against what they know or should acknowledge concerning their Creator. I can find no justification whatsoever for enabling error by silence; especially ruinous error. The lesson of the White Rose movement on how the idolatry of political messianism works ruin should also be noted. I think too that Schaeffer’s thought on the line of despair has somewhat to teach. DV, more later, today, I handed over a draft. KF

Kairosfocus May 14, 2019 at 9:52 am
DS, wrong question. The question that gives me nightmares and day stallions is, will the US survive the current tidal waves and moral collapse, along with Britain, France and Germany? As for the little archipelago to the south, who knows? KF

If there was a Truth in Blog Naming requirement they'd have to rename UD "Gordon Thinks About Dudes Gettin It On dot com"

linky

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,11:07   

Quote (k.e.. @ May 14 2019,07:05)
I'd pay money for that. ID trolls thinking they are going to go over the bridge. When they can't even conceive of giving up their blanky before that first step from their fetid stink pile of sordid non reason.

Simple Simon UD peon gives up nothing to attack intelligence.

Like a bridge over troll-ed waters...

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,16:06   

Quote (stevestory @ May 14 2019,10:57)
KF,

Do you believe that same-sex marriage will ever be illegal anywhere in the US again?

DS, I think last days fatalism is an error. On reading my Bible, at Pentecost, Peter spoke of “in these last days” as we also see in Heb 1. Messiah is eschatological, and arguably the frame extends to Jeremiah and Daniel: 2,600 years so far, the time when God goes global, then as gospel goes, revival meets resistance by riot. And riot is very bad governance in any of the nations that are created by and accountable to God. Where, God is creator of the nations and the gospel has an intrinsic ethical component which is part of how it teaches the nations. Including as we can see in Alfred’s Book of Dooms and in Justinian’s Corpus Juris Civilis (in its embedded textbook, the Institutes) — not perfect, but instructive. So, too, the parables of the stewards found wanting should serve as warning enough that we must not be found idle or refusing to teach the nations i/l/o Messiah. Where, Gal 3:14 is clear that in the seed of Abraham, the blessing of Abraham is come to any nation that will but receive it. So, the current guilty secret of our civilisation is a bad sign, and it is tied to the Rom 1 collapse of ethics and good order that marks communities in stubborn rebellion against what they know or should acknowledge concerning their Creator. I can find no justification whatsoever for enabling error by silence; especially ruinous error. The lesson of the White Rose movement on how the idolatry of political messianism works ruin should also be noted. I think too that Schaeffer’s thought on the line of despair has somewhat to teach. DV, more later, today, I handed over a draft. KF

DS, wrong question. The question that gives me nightmares and day stallions is, will the US survive the current tidal waves and moral collapse, along with Britain, France and Germany? As for the little archipelago to the south, who knows? KF

If there was a Truth in Blog Naming requirement they'd have to rename UD "Gordon Thinks About Dudes Gettin It On dot com"

linky

Someone really ought to register that domain and redirect it to this thread.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,16:48   

Quote (Texas Teach @ May 14 2019,17:06)
KF,

linky

Someone really ought to register that domain and redirect it to this thread.

Shit if I had cash to blow on that domain name I'd redirect it straight to UD. Along with "Phillip Cunningham compulsively cuts and pastes a whole bunch of quantum mechanics he doesn't remotely understand dot com"  :D  :p  :)

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: May 14 2019,18:43   

KF,

linky

Not sure what all those periods are doing in comment 276.

Clearly that's a rambling stream of consciousness best represented by a paragraph length run-on sentence and they should be edited out accordingly.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

12489 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (417) < ... 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]