RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (396) < ... 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
timothya

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,02:45   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,23:23)
Quote (Jkrebs @ May 06 2019,22:52)
OK, got it. Feeling a little foolish ... :-)

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. But this is another example of the dire need for a sarcasm font.

I like the idea of a sarcasm font. Does anyone know a graphic designer who would be prepared to work pro bono on behalf of this site's wretched basket of deplorables?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,07:05   

Brother Brian May 6, 2019 at 9:53 pm
EDTA, I don’t think there is any difinirive cause of same sex attraction but almost all research points to it occuring at a very young age, and becoming very strongly fixed in the psyche. Can it be reversed? Possibly. In the same way that brainwashing and repetitive reinforcement can fix certain behaviors in our repertoire. But isn’t that playing fast and furious with free will (ie, short circuiting it to assuage some religious guilt)?

The dangerous thing here is that our culture is living its collective life as if happiness and pleasure are the only goals. It is no longer interested in whether something is right, productive, dignified, expedient, etc. Just whether it brings happiness.

But the big question is, who decides that something is right, productive and dignified? You? Me? KF? (God help us). Or do we leave that up to the person directly affected by their own actions? Barring any harmful impact on others, I opt for the latter.

linky

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,07:13   

Quote (timothya @ May 07 2019,10:45)

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. But this is another example of the dire need for a sarcasm font.

I like the idea of a sarcasm font. Does anyone know a graphic designer who would be prepared to work pro bono on behalf of this site's wretched basket of deplorables?

꓅ꑛꍟ ꌚꋫ꒓ꏸꋫꌚꁒ ꌚꑛꆂꉣ ꏸꋫ꒒꒒ꍟꁕ ꋫꁹꁕ ꓅ꑛꍟꐟ ꅐꋫꁹ꓅ ꓅ꑛꍟꂑ꒓ ꄘꆂꁹ꓅ ꃃꋫꏸꀗ

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,07:56   

If I had a sock to burn at UD I'd be pushing this

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,08:19   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 07 2019,07:25)
Quote (Texas Teach @ May 06 2019,22:44)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,22:36)

Quote (Jkrebs @ May 06 2019,22:26)

Quote (stevestory @ May 06 2019,16:27)

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,17:26)
Dense and Dreary posts a congratulatory OP about someone name Phillip Cunningham and all four comments, comprising a few thousand words, are from a single person. Does anybody want to place a bet on who the commenter is?

Some guy with a purely secular, intellectual point of view?

Uh, I assume you all know that ba77 is Phillip Cunningham, don't you???

Phillip Cunningham is BA77? I am shocked. I never would have guessed. Next you are going to tell me that KairosFocus is Gordon Mullings, and that ET is Joe Gallien. :)

And, according to Joe, all of them are you.

If I weren’t schizophrenic, I would be insulted by Joe, Et, Virgil,Frankie, Sharon...

Of course not, that would be paranoid.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,08:24   

Quote (stevestory @ May 07 2019,15:56)
If I had a sock to burn at UD I'd be pushing this

Duh....  XXXXII% of Americans....nevermind.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,09:54   

Hazel May 7, 2019 at 8:40 am
I always find it somewhat amusing, and telling, to watch kf avoid a question by declaring it a strawman, or not related to the OP, or too specific, or a tangent, or some other excuse.

Very often specific questions cut through the fluff, and bring important details to light.

Should oral sex be illegal is a good question. What do you think, kf? Is your answer yes in some situations and no in others? What is your reasoning?
linky

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,10:33   

Quote (stevestory @ May 07 2019,07:05)

EDTA, I don’t think there is any difinirive cause of same sex attraction but almost all research points to it occuring at a very young age, and becoming very strongly fixed in the psyche. Can it be reversed? Possibly. In the same way that brainwashing and repetitive reinforcement can fix certain behaviors in our repertoire. But isn’t that playing fast and furious with free will (ie, short circuiting it to assuage some religious guilt)?

The dangerous thing here is that our culture is living its collective life as if happiness and pleasure are the only goals. It is no longer interested in whether something is right, productive, dignified, expedient, etc. Just whether it brings happiness.

But the big question is, who decides that something is right, productive and dignified? You? Me? KF? (God help us). Or do we leave that up to the person directly affected by their own actions? Barring any harmful impact on others, I opt for the latter.

linky

I wonder what the Declaration of Independence says on the subject?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Meanwhile Joke Gallien is all hot and heavy spewing his usual homophobic hatred and bigotry.   Pathetic as always.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"I'm a female retired marine biologist"

Whizz-dumb from Joe "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest female impersonator YEC.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,10:44   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 07 2019,10:33)
Quote (stevestory @ May 07 2019,07:05)

linky

I wonder what the Declaration of Independence says on the subject?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Meanwhile Joke Gallien is all hot and heavy spewing his usual homophobic hatred and bigotry.   Pathetic as always.

It is fun being a spectator on that thread. It's like watch cock-fighting.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,11:09   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 06 2019,22:25)
If I weren’t schizophrenic, I would be insulted by Joe, Et, Virgil,Frankie, Sharon...

Don't "they" routinely insult anybody who disagrees with "them"? About pretty much anything?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,19:36   

Recent Comments
bornagain77 Hmmm, UD atheistic trolls bemoaning fictitious and imaginary legislation on... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

daveS KF, I think the issue for me is that you're... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus F/N: Observe, about a hundred comments later after 15 above,... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus BB, regrettably, you epitomise why we are going to learn... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian Hazel Good points, BB. I am looking for some consistent... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

bornagain77 Christian women and radical feminists unite to oppose the Equality... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

hazel Good points, BB. I am looking for some consistent argument... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF BB, notice that we have basically lost the war... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian PS/ a major source of potential disease infection is eating... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus BB, notice that we have basically lost the war with... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF BB, did you notice the break-down of antibiotics that... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET Cone collars until you get married. And even then you... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET Right. Evolutionary scientists say "It all just happened, somehow". They... – Scallops’ 200 eyes “even more complex”...

kairosfocus BB, did you notice the break-down of antibiotics that is... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian Take a deep breath and keep repeating “It all just... – Scallops’ 200 eyes “even more complex”...

bornagain77 I Thought Christians Were Stupid Bigots By Rachel Gilson -... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF DS, I suggest, sufficiency needs to be set in... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

daveS KF, You seem reluctant to give a forthright answer. I'm... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

hazel So should oral sex be illegal? Yes, it is one... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET The Church attempts to guide people. The final Judgement is... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus DS, I suggest, sufficiency needs to be set in light... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Another sad day at UD spent almost entirely on KF's obsession with dudes gettin it on, instead of the groundbreaking new research of the ID scientific community.   :D  :D  :D

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,20:38   

Quote (stevestory @ May 07 2019,19:36)

Recent Comments
bornagain77 Hmmm, UD atheistic trolls bemoaning fictitious and imaginary legislation on... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

daveS KF, I think the issue for me is that you're... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus F/N: Observe, about a hundred comments later after 15 above,... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus BB, regrettably, you epitomise why we are going to learn... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian Hazel Good points, BB. I am looking for some consistent... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

bornagain77 Christian women and radical feminists unite to oppose the Equality... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

hazel Good points, BB. I am looking for some consistent argument... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF BB, notice that we have basically lost the war... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian PS/ a major source of potential disease infection is eating... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus BB, notice that we have basically lost the war with... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF BB, did you notice the break-down of antibiotics that... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET Cone collars until you get married. And even then you... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET Right. Evolutionary scientists say "It all just happened, somehow". They... – Scallops’ 200 eyes “even more complex”...

kairosfocus BB, did you notice the break-down of antibiotics that is... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian Take a deep breath and keep repeating “It all just... – Scallops’ 200 eyes “even more complex”...

bornagain77 I Thought Christians Were Stupid Bigots By Rachel Gilson -... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Brother Brian KF DS, I suggest, sufficiency needs to be set in... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

daveS KF, You seem reluctant to give a forthright answer. I'm... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

hazel So should oral sex be illegal? Yes, it is one... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

ET The Church attempts to guide people. The final Judgement is... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

kairosfocus DS, I suggest, sufficiency needs to be set in light... – Religious Nones: The bigger picture shows...

Another sad day at UD spent almost entirely on KF's obsession with dudes gettin it on, instead of the groundbreaking new research of the ID scientific community.   :D  :D  :D

You forgot Mullings blaming homosexuals for all of the antibiotic resistant bacterial strains in the world, eventually resulting in the death of all of us. Those damn faggots.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 07 2019,23:12   

Quote (k.e.. @ May 07 2019,05:13)

...Sure they did...

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

timothya

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,02:23   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 07 2019,23:12)
Quote (k.e.. @ May 07 2019,05:13)

...Sure they did...

They can have all the letters back except a, e, i, o and u.

rossum

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,03:15   

Quote (timothya @ May 08 2019,02:23)

I am afraid to say that your post has been sentenced to disemvowelling:

Thy cn hv ll th lttrs bck xcpt , , ,  nd .

--------------
The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

timothya

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,05:49   

Quote (rossum @ May 08 2019,03:15)

And as you can see, disemvowellation obliterates the essential semantic of the sentence.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,07:33   

Quote (timothya @ May 08 2019,05:49)

And as you can see, disemvowellation obliterates the essential semantic of the sentence.

But fortunately the  ssntl smntc remains.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,07:40   

Quote (Bob O'H @ May 08 2019,15:33)

y bt m t t

It obliterates the homographs.

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,09:04   

Quote (k.e.. @ May 08 2019,05:40)

y bt m t t

Homographs? Those are picture KF wants to ban, right?

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,09:33   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 08 2019,17:04)

y bt m t t

No, they're the sounds of homos writing.

--------------

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,10:39   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 08 2019,09:04)

y bt m t t

No, they're graphs that present data that doesn't fit KF's worldview.

He won't like homo pi charts or homoscattergraphs either.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,11:26   

Maybe he should ban homo sapiens from his site?

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,12:26   

Quote (Henry J @ May 08 2019,11:26)

That's Barry's job.

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,12:29   

Quote (Henry J @ May 08 2019,11:26)

Do we actually know that the main posters all have a fused chromosome 2?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,13:37   

Thousands more words obsessing over icky gay sex from the usual suspects over there.

appropriately enough this is all taking place on a thread about why people are leaving the church. :D  :D  :D

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,14:42   

Pearlman May 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm
5k to 10k YA current consensus YA calibrates to shortly after the 1996 anno mundi approx. end of the ice ages so w/in a 100 years of the dispersion from Bavel, so this actually helps corroborate scriptural testimony narrative and timeline on ‘the origins of the speeches’ see work of same name by Mozeson whom we reference in the Moshe Emes series for understanding science.

Link to Whatever The Fuck This Is

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,16:52   

Also complaining about gays of course is the guy who throws around the word faggot.

I am Steve's complete lack of surprise, you homophobic faggots.  :D  :)  :)  :p

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,17:11   

Quote (stevestory @ May 08 2019,16:52)
Also complaining about gays of course is the guy who throws around the word faggot.

And on the same thread Batshitcrazy77 threatens to have someone banned.
Ed George, I’m sorry you feel that way. Since you are a troll, should I seek to be more trollish like you are so as to be more ‘on topic’? Or should I just seek to have the administrators ban you for repeatedly pestering me?

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,20:09   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 08 2019,17:11)

Ed George, I’m sorry you feel that way. Since you are a troll, should I seek to be more trollish like you are so as to be more ‘on topic’? Or should I just seek to have the administrators ban you for repeatedly pestering me?

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2019,20:23   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 08 2019,18:11)

Are you the one person who reads BS77'S posts? They're going to name a PTSD trophy after you  :D

I'm having flashbacks to Reverend Lovejoy saying "Marge, the Bible says a lot of things."

11866 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (396) < ... 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]