RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (40) < ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] >   
  Topic: The Skeptical Zone, with Lizzie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 14 2018,22:57   

petrushka,

Pointing out someone's dishonesty is not mere "name calling".

Tony,

I'm traveling right now (to see this) and won't be able to respond until tomorrow night or Sunday.

Edited by keiths on Sep. 14 2018,20:57

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 16 2018,19:46   

Tony M. Nyphot:
What in Occam's comment indicates what he might think about Alan's behavior one way or another? Perhaps it was only a personal observation about your behavior and says nothing at all about Alan.

Tony,

This isn't difficult.  

I wrote:
For any readers who aren't already aware of how sleazy and corrupt Alan Fox is, these three comments are a good place to start.

Not one person at TSZ was willing to defend Alan's behavior in that debacle.  He is unfit to be a moderator.

Occam's Aftershave responded:
"The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks"

OA obviously thought my characterization of Alan and his behavior was incorrect, or he would have had no reason to claim that I was "protesting too much."

As for Alan's apology, you can find it here, in context.

Note that the apology only came after Lizzie got involved, via email.

And regarding his abuse in closing the Moderation Issues (4) thread, note that every other time a Moderation Issues thread was closed, there was a legitimate reason for it.

Not this time.  Alan gave the following ridiculous excuse for closing the thread:

As I believe all outstanding specific queries have now been addressed I’m closing comments in this thread. You will see there is a fresh, new moderation issues page, number 5. My hope is that we can avoid Lizzie having to step straight into an enormous shit-pile of mod issues so to provide a venue for more general ideas regarding how the rules etc could be improved, I (with Neil’s input) will be posting a new OP shortly.

Of course, Moderation Issues threads are not closed when "all specific queries have been addressed." They're left open for future moderation issues.  Second, Alan closed the thread in the middle of a vigorous, ongoing discussion.  Third, closing an old Moderation Issues thread and opening a new one does not make the old moderation issues go away, so it doesn't leave less for Lizzie to deal with.  Alan's excuse was bogus.

The real reason?  He couldn't erase the evidence of his disgrace, so the next best thing was to close the thread so that people would be less likely to read about it.  He even admitted that he was trying to "draw a line", in the following exchange:

keiths:
What is wrong with you, Alan? You already disgraced yourself in your handling of the ALurker affair, in which you abused your moderator privileges multiple times.

Now you’re doing it again, closing the old Moderation Issues thread for no valid reason. You’re doing it purely out of self-interest. Shameful.

Alan:

keiths: You’re doing it purely out of self-interest

In what way? If you insist, you can carry on here. I’m suggesting that a line is drawn. I’m not surprised you disagree. Disappointed, not surprised.

keiths:
keiths:
You’re doing it purely out of self-interest.

Alan:
In what way?

In the most painfully obvious way.
If you insist, you can carry on here. I’m suggesting that a line is drawn.

Of course you are, because you disgraced and humiliated yourself on the other side of that line. So you’ve tried to sweep all of that away, against TSZ’s interests and for your own benefit.

Just one more item in the long list of Alan's moderation abuses.  He's a huge liability to TSZ.

Edited by keiths on Sep. 16 2018,17:49

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

clamboy

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2018,20:41   

J-Mac's behavior at TSZ is that of pissy little queen, according to those who can recognize it as such.

1172 replies since Aug. 15 2011,22:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (40) < ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]