RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (612) < ... 607 608 609 610 611 [612] >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 14 2018,19:50   

Quote (N.Wells @ April 14 2018,12:54)

instead of adherence to testable scientific theories that explain how we were in fact "created".

You do not have a testable scientific theory.  Go on - propose some valid tests for your major claims, and demonstrate how they constitute actual valid tests.

Minutes ago I had to propose some valid tests for my (and all other's) major claims expected to be applicable to models at all "levels of intelligence" while I was adding information to a thread for modeling V1 and related circuitry. The theme song ending was of course optional:

discourse.numenta.org/t/project-full-layer-v1-using-htm-insights/3771/10

At the present time the ID Lab is being coded into a number of different languages. It's receiving praise online and through email from serious experimenters/researchers. Their feedback has been helpful getting the model ready for a place like Planet Source Code where there is also the added challenge of accurately describing what it is.

If there is a paper on this part of my theory then I'm at this point happy with a group effort with my ideas combined, to let other groups of experimenters know what's going on at Numenta where I'm thrilled to be a welcomed part of their open source community. Its founders endured the same criticism I did for going against once prevailing ANN claims and ironically did so with what is like a David Heiserman Beta class with RAM system on steroids that does not normally need to take random guesses and can about as well as we can "predict" what the motor data should be to achieve a given outcome such as what's given by the spatial network.

There is too much science terrain to all by myself cover. I'm therefore empowering those who are entirely focused on the same thing I am in regards to a general public friendly model for the human brain and all else in the animal kingdom.

Jeff Hawkins is a carbon copy personality of Jerry Poch, who owned PoChemco and when young I spent many hours with getting excited by the latest chemistry breakthrough including cold-fusion that later did not seem to be worth the palladium but was fun to include in the mix including ozone having been found to be an excellent antimicrobial agent. My still looking good chemical rack about 3 feet tall and little over 2 wide with mostly the ingredients for living things and biological analysis has the PoChemco labels still well attached, some of which I long ago printed and sure don't want those to have been the fall-off kind. I would get interested in the same kind of experiments he liked and he made sure I had the right supplies, by taking small amounts he didn't need money for from his mostly biochemically related ingredients used in his lab products. I was happy to be of help, such as super ozonator I by electronic instinct made with two glass spaced glass plates and oil burner transformer where the (made me nervous but was assured to be safe) pure O2 being pumped through becomes dielectrically broken down to become O3 that sterilized mostly single use ampule products, without need for antimicrobial agents best left out of the formula. It could blow out when overpressurized but the copper foil on the outside acted like a safety glass covering and was easy to make an even better one after the first did well to prove that it works good. Other designs put the high voltage inside with the gas flow and when there is a siphoning back to pump fills water and you know how the two don't mix. Safer to have glass between the two. And the way it was visibly overbombarding the O2 made it like there's no way to beat that, and he made good use of my gizmo for vats full of products.

For Jeff it's not an ozonator but more or less the same thing where there is something I do understand to try out. It's the science world I knew from while growing up that the internet has made global where someone like myself is then likely to be found with someone like Jerry who could put what I have spread out on a workbench into serious action. My being useful back made it no problem to keep experiments going. These days I mostly experiment with computational neuroscience related models, thrive on what Numenta supplies for ingredients.

As in even the W I Don't Know days I'm in my element when boldly "in the name of science" developing new electronic technologies. The new yet undeveloped frontier are scientific forums where there is the right mix of people to make breakthroughs happen. Even with announcement in science papers for a mouse brain collaboration I was hopeful for that attracted too few and Google supported open source community for AI programmers not much really happens as a result. But it takes only one great success to break the mold, and I want to be there when one finally does.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: April 14 2018,20:17   

It's receiving praise online and through email from serious experimenters/researchers

Assuming facts not in evidence.

where there is also the added challenge of accurately describing what it is.

Not to mention the challenge of describing it in comprehensible English.

Sadly, here's the closest you are likely to get to broken mold:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-p....9520975
https://www.google.com/imgres?....&uact=8

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 15 2018,03:21   

Jeff Hawkins is a carbon copy personality of Jerry Poch, who owned PoChemco and when young I spent many hours with getting excited by the latest chemistry breakthrough including cold-fusion that later did not seem to be worth the palladium but was fun to include in the mix including ozone having been found to be an excellent antimicrobial agent. My still looking good chemical rack about 3 feet tall and little over 2 wide with mostly the ingredients for living things and biological analysis has the PoChemco labels still well attached, some of which I long ago printed and sure don't want those to have been the fall-off kind. I would get interested in the same kind of experiments he liked and he made sure I had the right supplies, by taking small amounts he didn't need money for from his mostly biochemically related ingredients used in his lab products. I was happy to be of help, such as super ozonator I by electronic instinct made with two glass spaced glass plates and oil burner transformer where the (made me nervous but was assured to be safe) pure O2 being pumped through becomes dielectrically broken down to become O3 that sterilized mostly single use ampule products, without need for antimicrobial agents best left out of the formula. It could blow out when overpressurized but the copper foil on the outside acted like a safety glass covering and was easy to make an even better one after the first did well to prove that it works good. Other designs put the high voltage inside with the gas flow and when there is a siphoning back to pump fills water and you know how the two don't mix. Safer to have glass between the two. And the way it was visibly overbombarding the O2 made it like there's no way to beat that, and he made good use of my gizmo for vats full of products.

I am sure that on some obscure little planet far beyond this one that this makes sense.

On this one, not a bit.

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 15 2018,03:28   

Minutes ago I had to propose some valid tests for my (and all other's) major claims expected to be applicable to models at all "levels of intelligence" while I was adding information to a thread for modeling V1 and related circuitry. The theme song ending was of course optional:

So where are these "valid tests"? You have been asked to state them for many years. Yet here we are still without any.

You are not a scientist, you are a poor advocate for religion. You are not a biologist or organic chemist as you don't understand the basics of the science.

Your brain needs a reboot to factory settings or an anti-virus to get rid of the damaging Godbot.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: April 15 2018,07:37   

Quote (ChemiCat @ April 15 2018,03:28)
So where are these "valid tests"? You have been asked to state them for many years. Yet here we are still without any.

You are not a scientist, you are a poor advocate for religion.

He's not even an advocate for religion - he's just an apologist for it.

You are not a biologist or organic chemist as you don't understand the basics of the science.

[from Gaulin] by electronic instinct
He's not doing much better in inorganic chemistry and physics either.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2018,06:39   

Not to brag, but I won the Numenta forum "New User of the Month award for April 2018."

Here's my trophy:

This award is only granted to two new users per month, and it will be permanently visible on the badges page, for their excellent overall contributions, as measured by how often their posts were liked, and by whom.

And my new badge:

discourse.numenta.org/badges/44/new-user-of-the-month

I promise not to let the scientific power go to my head. LOL!

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

18335 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (612) < ... 607 608 609 610 611 [612] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]