RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,10:18   

Quote (CeilingCat @ April 01 2011,06:39)
Is this O'Dreary's dumbest post ever?

If you click on go here for more, it doesn't get any better.

I never click on go here for more!

--------------
"Following what I just wrote about fitness, youíre taking refuge in what we see in the world." †PaV

"The simple equation F = MA leads to the concept of four-dimensional space." GilDodgen

"We have no brain, I don't, for thinking." Robert Byers

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,10:22   

JemimaRacktouey: I encourage everybody to check out Josephís blog.

Heís a fascinating character. His arguments are precise and to the point. Rarely repeating himself he asserts his viewpoint confidently, directly and concisely. His intellectual vigor is matched only by the breath of his argumentation, from the physical sciences to the metaphysical his recall is unmatched and instant. His grip on point and counterpoint unnerving.

Joesph, in short, is an unmatched peerless artist working in a realm, at a level Iím only starting to truly appreciate now. Bit by bit, blog post by blog post Joseph is clarifying the important and vital issues of the day.

Check his blog out! He has many more posts (look for the ones that have many comments for posts sparking intense debate between him and his adversaries) then the one he links to in 141.
{http://intelligentreasoning.blogspot.com/2011....ly.html}

His erudite essays simply cannot be missed!

--------------
Proudly banned three four five times by Uncommon Descent.
There is only one Tard. The Tard is One.

Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,10:23   

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 31 2011,09:08)
This is interesting.
MathGrrl March 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm
eric,

[snip]

By the way, it has come to my attention that there is another person using the MathGrrl pseudonym, and her use actually predates mine. I am not the MathGrrl that comes up first in a Google search (Iím leaving her name out deliberately so as not to associate us in the search engines). Please donít harass her because of anything Iíve said.

Perhaps we were wrong about her identity.

TWO girls that know math?  That is below the Universal Probability Bound!  

"Math is Hard!" - Barbie

--------------
"Following what I just wrote about fitness, youíre taking refuge in what we see in the world." †PaV

"The simple equation F = MA leads to the concept of four-dimensional space." GilDodgen

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,10:25   

Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ April 01 2011,16:23)
This is interesting.

eric,

[snip]

By the way, it has come to my attention that there is another person using the MathGrrl pseudonym, and her use actually predates mine. I am not the MathGrrl that comes up first in a Google search (Iím leaving her name out deliberately so as not to associate us in the search engines). Please donít harass her because of anything Iíve said.

TWO girls that know math? †That is below the Universal Probability Bound! †

"Math is Hard!" - Barbie

And the question remains: Who is Mathgrrl?

Louis

--------------
Bye.

utidjian

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,10:54   

Quote (Louis @ April 01 2011,10:25)
Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ April 01 2011,16:23)
This is interesting.
eric,

[snip]

TWO girls that know math? †That is below the Universal Probability Bound! †

"Math is Hard!" - Barbie

Louis

Well I am pretty sure she is not PZ Myers... he has enough sock puppets going.

-DU-

--------------
Being laughed at doesn't mean you're progressing along some line. It probably just means you're saying some stupid shit -stevestory

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,11:03   

Quote (Zachriel @ April 01 2011,10:22)
[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/why-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-csi-scanner-or-reasonable-and-unreasonable-demands-relating-

to-complex-specified-information/#comment-375771]JemimaRacktouey[/URL]: I encourage everybody to check out Josephís blog.

Heís a fascinating character. His arguments are precise and to the point. Rarely repeating himself he asserts his viewpoint confidently, directly and concisely. His intellectual vigor is matched only by the breath of his argumentation, from the physical sciences to the metaphysical his recall is unmatched and instant. His grip on point and counterpoint unnerving.

Joesph, in short, is an unmatched peerless artist working in a realm, at a level Iím only starting to truly appreciate now. Bit by bit, blog post by blog post Joseph is clarifying the important and vital issues of the day.

Check his blog out! He has many more posts (look for the ones that have many comments for posts sparking intense debate between him and his adversaries) then the one he links to in 141.
{http://intelligentreasoning.blogspot.com/2011....ly.html}

His erudite essays simply cannot be missed!

Ah, an April Fools post (comment, rather).  I applaud the stomach needed to write that with a straight face.

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,11:11   

Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ April 01 2011,10:23)

This is interesting.

eric,

[snip]

TWO girls that know math?  That is below the Universal Probability Bound!  

"Math is Hard!" - Barbie

I thought that was Larry Summers or maybe Palin.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed. †Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,11:17   

[quote=Louis,April 01 2011,10:25][/quote]

Louis

Pffff...c'mon Louis...not enough flair!

(intoning rich, deep anchorman voice): Once again we bear witness to a breathtaking display beyond the scope of of Homerian, nay...Herculean proportions! Through these greatest of battles and still greater of marvels, we, the world watch and wonder...who is this masked fem phenom? Who is...Mathgrrl?

---

ETA: closed quote

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed. †Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,12:10   

Collin not quite getting it:

Mathgrrl,

That is not a contradiction. Light is readily observable even when it is not calculable. Before light was measurable (due to technological limitations), people could observe it and even conduct scientific experiments to test it.

Umm...Collin? You do realize that the early experiments with light (by Alhazen around 965 CE) were based on hypotheses that were tested through...wait for it...measurements:

Alhazen invested significant time studying light, color, shadows, rainbows, and other optical phenomena. Among this work was a study in which he stood in a darkened room with a small hole in one wall. Outside of the room, he hung two lanterns at different heights. Alhazen observed that the light from each lantern illuminated a different spot in the room, and each lighted spot formed a direct line with the hole and one of the lanterns outside the room. He also found that covering a lantern caused the spot it illuminated to darken, and exposing the lantern caused the spot to reappear. Thus, Alhazen provided some of the first experimental evidence that light does not emanate from the human eye but rather is emitted by certain objects (like lanterns) and travels from these objects in straight lines. Alhazenís experiment may seem simplistic today, but his methodology was ground-breaking: he developed a hypothesis based on observations of physical relationships (that light comes from objects), and then designed an experiment to test that hypothesis. Despite the simplicity of the method, Alhazenís experiment was a critical step in refuting the long-standing theory that light emanated from the human eye, and it was a major event in the development of modern scientific research methodology.

http://www.visionlearning.com/library/module_viewer.php?mid=170

So what did Alhazen meaure? Why how light actually moves (in a straight line). That's an actual measure, Collin, and he did it by setting up a very simple experiment. He actually defined a specific characteristic of light by conducting that experiment.

Of course, unlike CSI, no one was claiming that the amount of light an object gave off was could be determined and further, that some threshold of that amount indicated that the light was coming from some intelligent source. However, you folks on UD are claiming just that, yet you can't seem to demonstrate such through even a rudimentary experiment.

--------------

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,12:43   

Is there any ud'der dumber than "joseph?"

It's difficult to tell if he's posting while blind drunk or simply delusional.  He made this ironic comment about MathGrrl:

4- You donít know what you are talking about and just make stuff up

Of course, there might be a natural explanation.  Perhaps he just needs to get his mother's keyboard serviced.

(keyboard, Louis, keyboard)

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,13:19   

Quote (Doc Bill @ April 01 2011,12:43)
Is there any ud'der dumber than "joseph?"

It's difficult to tell if he's posting while blind drunk or simply delusional. †He made this ironic comment about MathGrrl:

4- You donít know what you are talking about and just make stuff up

Of course, there might be a natural explanation. †Perhaps he just needs to get his mother's keyboard serviced.

(keyboard, Louis, keyboard)

Well... the 's' key doesn't stick anymore, that's for sure.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Seversky

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,16:11   

Louis

I am MathGrrlacus!

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,16:26   

Quote (Seversky @ April 01 2011,16:11)

Louis

I am MathGrrlacus!

No, I am MathGrrlacus!  And I've got the stiletto heels to prove it.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,16:47   

Quote (Doc Bill @ April 01 2011,16:26)

Louis

I am MathGrrlacus!

No, I am MathGrrlacus! †And I've got the stiletto heels to prove it.

I am MathGrrl and my live in partner is too!

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,22:32   

Quote (Robin @ April 01 2011,11:17)
[quote=Louis,April 01 2011,10:25][/quote]

Louis

Pffff...c'mon Louis...not enough flair!

(intoning rich, deep anchorman voice): Once again we bear witness to a breathtaking display beyond the scope of of Homerian, nay...Herculean proportions! Through these greatest of battles and still greater of marvels, we, the world watch and wonder...who is this masked fem phenom? Who is...Mathgrrl?

---

ETA: closed quote

Someone jumps in, cowled and caped - "I'm Mathgrrl"

or

A field of people ... "I'm Mathgrrl!"  "No, I'm Mathgrrl!"...

Damn, ran out of movie tropes.

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,23:47   

GilDo's got a "new" post. A1.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2011,23:59   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ April 01 2011,16:47)
Quote (Doc Bill @ April 01 2011,16:26)
†  

Louis

I am MathGrrlacus!

No, I am MathGrrlacus! †And I've got the stiletto heels to prove it.

I am MathGrrl and my live in partner is too!

Dammitall, that's what I get for posting before I catch up.

--------------

noncarborundum

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,00:14   

Quote (didymos @ April 01 2011,23:47)

I love Mozart too, but jeez, that's vacuous.

GD: †"I can't personally believe it, so it must be obviously false to everyone."

--------------
"The . . . um . . . okay, I was genetically selected for blue eyes. †I know there are brown eyes, because I've observed them, but I can't do it. †Okay? †So . . . um . . . coz that's real genetic selection, not the nonsense Giberson and the others are talking about." - DO'L

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,00:18   

Quote (noncarborundum @ April 01 2011,22:14)

GD: †"I can't personally believe it, so it must be obviously false to everyone."

What'd be hilarious is if he tries to say it was an "April Fool's" post (I half suspect he may), because it's just a much shorter version of the crap he usually writes.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,00:21   

Quote (noncarborundum @ April 02 2011,00:14)

Vacuous enough to be A.2?  I'm not sure.  

Another thing: does anybody else find a disturbing subtext (or two) in the juxtaposition of pictures?  I think those subtexts would have been clearer (and more offensive) if Gil had put the pictures right on the blog.  Keeping them in the links: smart move, frill-boy.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,00:35   

Quote (Hermagoras @ April 01 2011,22:21)
Another thing: does anybody else find a disturbing subtext (or two) in the juxtaposition of pictures? †I think those subtexts would have been clearer (and more offensive) if Gil had put the pictures right on the blog. †Keeping them in the links: smart move, frill-boy.

I doubt it had anything to do with Gil sensing potential subtext. He doesn't seem equipped for that.  And it's not like people on UD would have picked up on anything either.

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,01:13   

Quote (didymos @ April 01 2011,21:47)

My response would be something like, "Yes! Isn't it amazing? Fascinating and wonderful?"

I mean, if Go- Teh Deziner can do anything, what's the big deal?

But working within the limits of organic chemistry to make all this stuff, now that's cool.

--------------
"But it's disturbing to think someone actually thinks creationism -- having put it's hand on the hot stove every day for the last 400 years -- will get a different result tomorrow." -- midwifetoad

"I am in a rush to catch up with science work." -- Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,01:30   

Forman is probably sitting in the basement playing himself in checkers and feeling p-r-e-t-t-y s-m-u-g at that clever post.  Yes sirree Bob.  Yepper.  That really showed them, by heck!  

Frill is trying to reach critical tard but is limited by his paltry imagination

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell.†Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,05:51   

BA77 gets RickRoll'd:
†  

jon specter
04/01/2011
6:21 pm
Bornagain,

To show there is no hard feelings from our earlier discussion, I thought Iíd share something with you that you, of all people could appreciate. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

And, providing proof that the inmates at UD really do lack any sense of humor, he responds:

†  
bornagain77
04/01/2011
7:16 pm

jon specter, cool song thanks, here is one that you may like;

Building 429 Ė Glory Defined (Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GanLxNUEzGU

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it. †We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

utidjian

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,07:00   

I think the only appropriate video response would be to introduce BA77 to a little NIN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg

-DU-

--------------
Being laughed at doesn't mean you're progressing along some line. It probably just means you're saying some stupid shit -stevestory

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,08:40   

Quote (Robin @ April 01 2011,20:10)
Collin not quite getting it:

Mathgrrl,

That is not a contradiction. Light is readily observable even when it is not calculable. Before light was measurable (due to technological limitations), people could observe it and even conduct scientific experiments to test it.

Umm...Collin? You do realize that the early experiments with light (by Alhazen around 965 CE) were based on hypotheses that were tested through...wait for it...measurements:

Alhazen invested significant time studying light, color, shadows, rainbows, and other optical phenomena. Among this work was a study in which he stood in a darkened room with a small hole in one wall. Outside of the room, he hung two lanterns at different heights. Alhazen observed that the light from each lantern illuminated a different spot in the room, and each lighted spot formed a direct line with the hole and one of the lanterns outside the room. He also found that covering a lantern caused the spot it illuminated to darken, and exposing the lantern caused the spot to reappear. Thus, Alhazen provided some of the first experimental evidence that light does not emanate from the human eye but rather is emitted by certain objects (like lanterns) and travels from these objects in straight lines. Alhazenís experiment may seem simplistic today, but his methodology was ground-breaking: he developed a hypothesis based on observations of physical relationships (that light comes from objects), and then designed an experiment to test that hypothesis. Despite the simplicity of the method, Alhazenís experiment was a critical step in refuting the long-standing theory that light emanated from the human eye, and it was a major event in the development of modern scientific research methodology.

http://www.visionlearning.com/library/module_viewer.php?mid=170

So what did Alhazen meaure? Why how light actually moves (in a straight line). That's an actual measure, Collin, and he did it by setting up a very simple experiment. He actually defined a specific characteristic of light by conducting that experiment.

Of course, unlike CSI, no one was claiming that the amount of light an object gave off was could be determined and further, that some threshold of that amount indicated that the light was coming from some intelligent source. However, you folks on UD are claiming just that, yet you can't seem to demonstrate such through even a rudimentary experiment.

YEAAAH RITEEEO

SO IS THIS YOUR OWN THEORY OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO GET IN MY PANTS?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,08:46   

Quote (utidjian @ April 02 2011,08:00)
I think the only appropriate video response would be to introduce BA77 to a little NIN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg

-DU-

I'd have gone this direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,08:48   

O'Dreary's latest:
But ďLucyĒ herself is mostly an artifact

Yeah, they only found 40% of the skeleton, and where do they get off "imagining" that one side is the mirror image of the other?  Look at the tibia - they imagined the two ends are connected by some bone they never found.

Stupid evolutionists!

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,09:21   

Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ April 02 2011,16:48)
O'Dreary's latest:
But ďLucyĒ herself is mostly an artifact

Yeah, they only found 40% of the skeleton, and where do they get off "imagining" that one side is the mirror image of the other? †Look at the tibia - they imagined the two ends are connected by some bone they never found.

Stupid evolutionists!

Well she's a little tRYing.

BUT BUCK UP HOMOS AND HOMETTES

EVO-PROPAGANDA

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

lkeithlu

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2011,17:17   

OMG! I am no longer with the banned!
I just posted this on that thread, and it went right through:

"People in our culture could not have been more thoroughly indoctrinated with Darwinian orthodoxy through the public school system and all the popular media, on a constant basis."

If that were true, the American public would know more about evolution. Sadly, it is avoided in the public schools; comments from posters whenever there is an article about evolution in the media show extreme ignorance of evolution, geology and biology. Few people educate themselves enough to be able to discern what's real and what's fantasy, in spite of lots of websites and popular books on the subject.

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]