Joined: Aug. 2005
* Viola, a musical instrument
* A type of acoustic guitar from Brazil Viola (Brazil),
* The name of a character in William Shakespeare's play Twelfth Night.
* Viola name of a character in Free Radical's video games TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.
* The systematic name of a group of flowering plants. The Viola genus includes violets, pansies and violas (also known as Johnny Jump Ups).
* ViolaWWW was an early web browser developed by Pei-Yuan Wei.
* Viola is a fairly uncommon female given name.
* Viola is a surname used primarily by some of Spanish descent. Roberto Viola, for instance, was briefly President of Argentina.
* Viola is a football player from Brazil present in the World Cup 1994.
* The name of several places in the United States of America:
Viola, New York
* Viola is the word for purple in Italian.
I don't think any of these match the context of Thordaddy's post, Jeannot, perhaps he did mean "voilà", which of course translates as "voilà".
À propos, vous êtes de quel coin, d'origine?