|Wesley R. Elsberry
Joined: May 2002
Did you notice a well-known antievolutionist dishing out trash talk? Have you ever noticed how they get all huffy over any incivility aimed their way? Here's how you can help make concern trolling hypocrisy blatantly apparent...
I have a thread, Invidious Comparisons, whose purpose is to collect the various and sundry examples of antievolutionists having a good old rhetorical go at the pro-science opposition. Having more items is better, and the more the antievolutionists write, the more opportunities appear. Please give me a hand in spotting these little nuggets of irony.
Here's the description of what I'm looking for:
1. The statement should be from a well-known religious antievolutionist. While various IDC cheerleaders often use trash talk, they are also nullities so far as having any appreciable influence on the movement.
2. The statement should be a direct or indirect insult to pro-science people who have disagreed with the antievolutionists. Strongly worded stuff that doesn't touch on the character of the opposition isn't what I'm looking for. The insult can be implied, as in "What Darwinists do reminds me of Hitler"; that would be a perfectly good example of someone who has no business getting upset when a sharp rejoinder comes back his way.
What I need for documentation:
1. The name of the person issuing the invidious comparison.
2. Either a citation of the place where it happened or a working link to an online resource.
3. The unedited text of the invidious comparison. I'd like at least the whole paragraph that it was in.
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker