|The whole truth
Joined: Jan. 2012
|Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 15 2012,18:08)|
|ooooo, here's a good one:|
InVivoVeritasOctober 15, 2012 at 5:28 pm
I.D. itself, of course, has nothing to say about the nature or identity of the designer — these are inherently secondary metaphysical questions
We appreciate bringing to our attention the pronouncements of these very prominent christian / ID personalities. But I would appreciate if you can forgive me for expressing some criticism on the final statement in your text.
I think we commit a common error when we say that “ID has nothing to say about the nature of the designer”. I believe ID is in a position to say some substantial things about the “nature of the designer” – assuming that the designers for the following are one and the same designer:
– the miracle of life
– cells, tissues, organs, brains, eyes, vision systems, whole organisms
– the humans – the beauty of the human body and human face
– the miracle of human reason, thinking, conscience and soul
– planet Earth with its metallic, magnetic core, tectonic plates, oceans
– multiplicity of wonderfully inter-related echo system on our planet
– the beauty and complexity of natural world on Earth with herbs, plants, animals, fish insects
– our planetary system with the sun and carefully crafted planets, planet satellites
– the galaxies, galaxy clusters
– the whole Univers
– the foundation of the material world from atomic and sub-atomic particles, the amazing chemical elements that are used to make the organic and in-organic substances
– the amazing chemical and physical properties of the basic organic elements: hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus as well as substances like water
What can ID say about the NATURE of the designer (or designers)?
He is extremely powerful, wise, inventive, creative and showing these abilities on a much, much, much greaer scale we ever saw them in humans. May we speculate also that He is “loving” if he created us with our own abilities and placed us in such an amazing natural world and Universe?
We cannot contradict the epistle to Romans that clearly says:
“….since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” (emphasize added)
Romans 1, 19-20.
(ellipses added to make the quote work)
My first question, is about this--
|What can ID say about the NATURE of the designer (or designers)?|
How'd you get a He out of those semi-scientific statements?
I have to agree with jonathan M (or is it InVivoVeritas?) on one point. I too think that the echo system on our planet is wonderful. It makes shouting in canyons much more fun.
Oh, and it's obvious by what jonathan said that ID isn't a religious agenda. Oh "God" no.
Edited by The whole truth on Oct. 15 2012,22:43
Fellatio is in fact a type of sodomy - gordon e mullings
I don't even know what that means- "study CSI". - joe g
Joe G is the only person I have ever encountered who could start a fight in an empty room and still manage to lose. - Amadan