RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >   
  Topic: AtBC's Muso Thread, We do it 'cause DaveTard Can't< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 28 2010,18:57   

Any Audacity experts out there?  I got a USB turntable for Christmas and am having all sorts of problems trying to digitize some albums.  I have a few questions that, hopefully, will be quick to answer.  

PM me please.  Thanks in advance.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,12:49   

I was thinking that heddle should post his kid's video on this thread for posterity.

My kid plays the cello, and he turned me on to this band called Apocalytica.  They play classical/rock/metal.  Kinda unique.  

video 1

video 2

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,12:53   

one more

Lotsa hair...just sayin'

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,13:05   

"Lady Gaga" on frustrations in the life of a grad student.

Highly addictive. Click at your own risk. You've been warned.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,13:27   

Careful FTK, Apocalyptica is a (not so typical but still) metal band.

The music of teh Devil!!!

Besides that, I hope you enjoy them, I saw them twice in concert, and it's incredible how much energy they deliver on stage with classical instruments.

And I agree that dheddle should post his son's videos here for all to enjoy...

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,14:10   

I would love to take my kid to one of their concerts...he loves playing the cello, and I think it would inspire him all the more.  Not sure if they ever tour in the US?  I'll have to look into that.

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,14:42   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Jan. 26 2011,13:27)

I like Apocalyptica, but it just isn't the same without the well-loved Hetfield "Yeah!" mixed in.

Linky for context

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 26 2011,14:44   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Jan. 26 2011,11:27)

Besides that, I hope you enjoy them, I saw them twice in concert, and it's incredible how much energy they deliver on stage with classical instruments.

And I agree that dheddle should post his son's videos here for all to enjoy...

I'd love to see Peer Gynt mounted to suit their version of "In The Hall Of The Mountain King".

--------------
"But it's disturbing to think someone actually thinks creationism -- having put it's hand on the hot stove every day for the last 400 years -- will get a different result tomorrow." -- midwifetoad

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2011,11:43   

Gary Moore (Skid Row, Thin Lizzy...) passed way in his sleep this morning, in Spain.

After John Barry, this beginning of 2011 really stinks for music... :(

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2011,11:58   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Feb. 06 2011,09:43)
Gary Moore (Skid Row, Thin Lizzy...) passed way in his sleep this morning, in Spain.

After John Barry, this beginning of 2011 really stinks for music... :(

Mick Karn and Gerry Rafferty also left us this year already.

--------------
"But it's disturbing to think someone actually thinks creationism -- having put it's hand on the hot stove every day for the last 400 years -- will get a different result tomorrow." -- midwifetoad

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 23 2011,09:01   

In the window of Opus II music shop on South Great George's St this week:

Respect

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

130 replies since Dec. 29 2006,13:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]