RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >   
  Topic: Movie Club, Trying to make movies as sexah as books< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2008,19:42   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Jan. 01 2008,21:04)
Got for Christmas:

Order of the Phoenix
Bourne Ultimatum
Rocky Balboa (Hey, I'm from Philly.  It's required by law or something.)
Matrix Revolutions
U.S. Marshals
DaVinci Code (WTF?  It's the thought that counts.)

Har de har, I reviewed U.S. Marshalls! Well, at least they paid me to see it. :)

I finally saw Aliens 3. Sucked. I'm tired of the cyber-punk future.

It looked like "Alien at Thunderdome."

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2008,01:27   

Editing of the next Indiana Jones movie will probably be finished in a few weeks.

I don't have a nondisclosure anything.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2008,14:47   

Quote (Kristine @ Jan. 14 2008,20:42)
Har de har, I reviewed U.S. Marshalls! Well, at least they paid me to see it. :)

Keep your expectations about Alien: Resurrection in check, too (although the aliens depicted therein are more true to the original in form than those seen in Aliens or Alien 3). Same with AvP. It is all very tired now.

Alien was a masterwork in its day, however, due to the novelty and shock of Giger's art and Ridley Scott's spooky direction. There are moments in that movie that are my favorite in cinema - such as when, as the crew explores the derelict ship, the camera tracks up to reveal the seated pilot. The combination of set and musical score attains a peak of otherworldliness that I don't think has been attained since.

Aliens is good (but doesn't hold a candle to the original) in a very different James Cameron kicks ass kind of way (although there are some severe continuity problems vis the original.) Be sure to see the extended version.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2008,19:01   

Anybody seen the movie "Once" about a couple of musicians? A friend recommended it.

--------------
Who said that ev'ry wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far

The Daily Wingnut

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2008,21:51   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Jan. 15 2008,14:47)
Quote (Kristine @ Jan. 14 2008,20:42)

Keep your expectations about Alien: Resurrection in check, too (although the aliens depicted therein are more true to the original in form than those seen in Aliens or Alien 3). Same with AvP. It is all very tired now.

Alien was a masterwork in its day, however, due to the novelty and shock of Giger's art and Ridley Scott's spooky direction. There are moments in that movie that are my favorite in cinema - such as when, as the crew explores the derelict ship, the camera tracks up to reveal the seated pilot. The combination of set and musical score attains a peak of otherworldliness that I don't think has been attained since.

Aliens is good (but doesn't hold a candle to the original) in a very different James Cameron kicks ass kind of way (although there are some severe continuity problems vis the original.) Be sure to see the extended version.

Alien was a horror, Aliens a war film in space. The rest were just milking the cash cow.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2008,23:19   

Diane and I watched "We're No Angels" this evening. A bit late for the holidays, but a nice entertainment nevertheless.

Don't recall if this is the exact quote, but loved the line, "He already knows."

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

185 replies since Oct. 18 2007,18:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]