RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (654) < ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
dhogaza

Unregistered

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,11:33   

Can holocaust denialism be moved somewhere like the bathroom wall or the sewer outlet or someplace else appropriate?

Rrr

Unregistered

<blockquote>
<strong>dhogaza:</strong>

Can holocaust denialism be moved somewhere like the bathroom wall or the sewer outlet or someplace else appropriate?

</blockquote>

I strongly agree. ABC/XYZ/Larry etc is not only insincere, disinformed, wrong and lying, he is being so most offensively. Flush again, please. This turd keeps floating.

ben

Unregistered

I beg of all reasonable PT commenters, please resist the impulse to respond to Larry's idiotic and endlessly repetitive blather, and let his sick comments (and this one of mine) be moved to the Bathroom Wall (or better yet removed entirely), without further disruption to rational discourse. He posts his crap solely to provoke a reaction; don't take the bait.

C.W

Unregistered

<blockquote>Its an <a href="http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp">urban legend.</a></blockquote>
Yuck. That stuff reads like a Chick tract. Thanks a lot, now I have to kill braincells with beer.

J. Biggs

Unregistered

I thought Larry was permanently banned for his repeated sock-puppetry.  Even after he was warned to quit doing it.

FL

Unregistered

<quote>Oh, and heres a thought: If you want to surpass your idol, Ben Stein, why dont you convince the Discovery Institute or Answers in Genesis to send you into Iraq, so you can go dig up the Garden of Eden.</quote>

O-kaaaay.  Looks like this discussion has ALREADY evolved into a sort of "Bathroom Wall" of its own.  I think I can stop at this point and leave things to readers and lurkers to judge.

FL    :)

ben

Unregistered

Apparently Larry can't be banned per se, because he's an AOL user and banning him would require blocking an IP address that would also block many other people.  I would think that blocking comments by anyone using screen names he's used would be easily doable but I don't know the tech stuff.  

Better yet, he could just accept that the people who run and enjoy this site have overwhelmingly expressed the sentiment that he is not welcome here because of his demonstrated behavior (and NOT because of his opinions or arguments which are merely wrong and would belong here if expressed civilly), and respect those wishes.  However, since he is apparently suffering from some kind(s) of mental/emotional disorder, he seems pathologically unable to refrain from expressing the same handful of obsessive notions here again and again, and in violation of the rules, so hopefully something else will be done to make him go away.

I apologize for digressing into meta-issues and would be happy to see my comments on Larry disappeared along with him.

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,12:08   

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 05 2008,12:34)
I personally believe that a "systematic" Jewish holocaust was impossible because the Nazis had no objective and reliable way(s) of identifying Jews and non-Jews.

And you think there is evidence that the Nazis were scrupulously careful about making sure that they only brutalized the exact people they intended to?  They started a war of conquest that killed over 30 million people in Europe, for fuck's sake--not even counting the 6+ million Jewish people you apparently think are just a figment of history's imagination.

Larry, you're a Complete.  Fucking.  Idiot.  I'd have more respect for someone who thought it was perfectly OK that the Nazis systematically exterminated 11 million people in the camps, than you, who adopts your evil revisionist bullshit just to provoke and get attention for your worthless shell of a self; at least that person would be honest, if also irredeemably odious like you.  You should be banned not only from PT but from the human race.  Your only redeeming feature is that you might be seriously mentally ill and could some day get help and get better.  Unless and until you show some progress toward that goal, drop dead, please.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,13:23   

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 04 2008,11:00)
People still trying to read by the light of lava lamps.

So for any questioning minds who happen to wander through TO I recommend:

http://shapiro.bsd.uchicago.edu/index3.html?content=genome.html

excerpts:

The recent reviews in your columns of books by Dennett, Dawkins, and Behe are testimony to
the unflagging interest in controversies about evolution. Although such purists as Dennett and
Dawkins repeatedly assert that the scientific issues surrounding evolution are basically solved
by conventional neo-Darwinism, the ongoing public fascination reveals a deeper wisdom.
There are far more unresolved questions than answers about evolutionary processes, and
contemporary science continues to provide us with new conceptual possibilities.
Unfortunately, readers of Boston Review may remain unaware of this intellectual ferment
because the debate about evolution continues to assume the quality of an abstract and
philosophical "dialog of the deaf" between Creationists and Darwinists. Although our
knowledge of the molecular details of biological organization is undergoing a revolutionary
expansion, open-minded discussions of the impact of these discoveries are all too rare. The
possibility of a non-Darwinian, scientific theory of evolution is virtually never considered. In
my comments, then, I propose to sketch some developments in contemporary life science that
suggest shortcomings in orthodox evolutionary theory and open the door to very different
ways of formulating questions about the evolutionary process. After a discussion of technical
advances in our views about genome organization and the mechanisms of genetic change, I will
focus on a growing convergence between biology and information science which offers the
potential for scientific investigation of possible intelligent cellular action in evolution.
The past five decades of research in genetics and molecular biology have brought us
revolutionary discoveries. Upsetting the oversimplified views of cellular organization and
function held at mid-century, the molecular revolution has revealed an unanticipated realm of
complexity and interaction more consistent with computer technology than with the mechanical
viewpoint which dominated the field when the neo-Darwinian Modern Synthesis was
formulated. The conceptual changes in biology are comparable in magnitude to the transition
from classical physics to relativistic and quantum physics.

It has been a surprise to learn how thoroughly cells protect themselves against precisely the
kinds of accidental genetic change that, according to conventional theory, are the sources of
evolutionary variability. By virtue of their proofreading and repair systems, living cells are not
passive victims of the random forces of chemistry and physics. They devote large resources to
suppressing random genetic variation and have the capacity to set the level of background
localized mutability by adjusting the activity of their repair systems.

The point of this discussion is that our current knowledge of genetic change is fundamentally at
variance with neo-Darwinist postulates. We have progressed from the Constant Genome,
subject only to random, localized changes at a more or less constant mutation rate, to the Fluid
Genome, subject to episodic, massive and non-random reorganizations capable of producing
new functional architectures. Inevitably, such a profound advance in awareness of genetic
capabilities will dramatically alter our understanding of the evolutionary process. Nonetheless,
neo-Darwinist writers like Dawkins continue to ignore or trivialize the new knowledge and
insist on gradualism as the only path for evolutionary change.

====================================================

For those that keep insisting that I answer the infantile canned bait and switch questions they propose... dream on.

Rather I would point out that I continue to study the history of science, be taught the scriptures, consider both forms of God's revelation (scripture and observation) and with assistance bring them into harmony.

What does it suggest that TO evolanders wish to misdirect the issues to the opinions of posters rather than the cutting edge views and evidences of those most closely associated and active with the science whether post-darwinian evolutionists, IDers, or neo-darwinians.

Perhaps those with sufficient curiosity to read Shapiro will agree that the arguments advanced by the living anachronisms, evolanders, of TO may darn well be best described as BS.

Hmmmm...

James A. Shapiro is a Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Chicago. He received a B.A. in English Literature from Harvard University in 1964 and a Ph.D. in Genetics from Cambridge University in 1968.

I'm not sure if I should be inspired by his example. But dancing to lava lamps sounds like a good idea. ;)

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,21:35   

[Graffiti moved to Bathroom Wall. -Admin]

Why, thank you Oleg...thank you very much.

Hey, why don't you look up our buddy Sal, and buy him a couple beers for me, huh?

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,21:51   

Oh, come on Oleg, you know you want to meet Sal!  Isn't it only about a 20 mile drive??

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:17   

[Jeopardy music playing in the background]

I'll take "the bathroom wall" for $500, Lou.

I explained my position very well...funny how every time I bring up Genie, her atheist creed, and her involvement in humanist groups, I get either banned or reprimanded in some way.  Jack Krebs banned me from KCFS when I pointed out the facts about Genie.  See, Jack and Wes are tight with Genie so it doesn't fly to bring up her ties with humanism, although they both slam ID guys all the time claiming they are nothing but religious cranks.

Just another example of how you guys can dish it out, but you can't take it.  So very typical.

By the way, Lou, I think most people probably believe what they say in this debate...but, Genie?...not so much so.  When someone makes the statement in an interview that "one clergyman with a backward collar is worth two biologists at a school board meeting any day!"...they are admitting to playing dirty!  D'oh.

Well, I just noticed Jack's popped up out of no where.  Figures...he must have sniffed out that someone was letting the cat out of the bag about Genie again.  Oh, and Jack's right...I shouldn't have said "then turns around and blasts anyone whose religion doesn't jive with her philosophical views".  She just thinks their unenlightened...no need to "blast" them.  I shouldn't have worded it that way.  

Though she does suggest that Intelligent Design is in the same league as British dowsers.  Funny, *she* equates ID with religion, so in that sense, she is blasting "religion" with that comparison.  Here's some info on Barbara Forrest as well.  Yeah, she's a member of NOSHA,  an affiliate of the Council for Secular Humanism which it describes as “North America’s leading organization for non-religious people.” And NOSHA’s links page boasts “the Secular Web,” who's mission is:

...to defend and promote metaphysical naturalism, the view that our natural world is all that there is, a closed system in no need of an explanation and sufficient unto itself.”

Dang, "promote" is kinda like evangalizing too, isn't it?  But, no, not a chance that she could be "promoting" her views during her works hours, could she?  Hmmm....

Here Dave...new birdie for you...a "Herring" Gull...:D

[Toddles off to the bathroom...]

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:30   

Where is the post....it's not on the bathroom wall??

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:35   

Where's my post, where's my post, where's my post??

CENSORSHIP!!!  Sternburger!!!!

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:36   

AHHHHH....there it is. :)

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:44   

Oh, hey, Lou....just to be clear...

Is this what I'm supposed to be apologizing for when I decide I'm sick of all the toilet paper and graffiti?

She got an A+ from the secular humanists with that little lecture for sure...

...cuz, honestly that won't be too difficult since it was just sarcasm.  Darn it, I just keep forgetting that you guys can be as sarcastic as you like, but we "creationists" have to toe the line.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:48   

testing....testing...sternburgers...testing...

--------------

J. O'Donnell

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:48   

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 05 2008,23:44)
Darn it, I just keep forgetting that you guys can be as sarcastic as you like, but we "creationists" have to toe the line.

But you do get to lie as much as you want though, because lying for Jesus apparently isn't lying at all.

Always a perk or two.

--------------
My blog: Animacules

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:49   

WTF?  

Are you just slow, Lou, or can I still post on my link?

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:50   

Rich,

Do you like your Sternburgers rare, medium, or well done, luv??

Beer with that??

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:51   

Oh, my Darwin, we're having fun tonight!!!  Whoo Whee!!

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,23:58   

I have no idea what you are talking about, blipes.

I used your link and it looks like it always does.

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,00:03   

FtK:

By the way, Lou, I think most people probably believe what they say in this debate...but, Genie?...not so much so.  When someone makes the statement in an interview that "one clergyman with a backward collar is worth two biologists at a school board meeting any day!"...they are admitting to playing dirty!  D'oh.

Non sequitur.

Still nothing from FtK to substantiate the claim of dishonesty.

Actually, it is the side that trivializes or dismisses the clergymen who exemplify both belief and acceptance of science that is better said to be "playing dirty": they are attempting to evade an inconvenient fact in their promotion of the "conflict model", a fact that are well aware of because we have their statements about how 'intelligent design theorists are no friends of theistic evolution' and the like. They seem to really, really dislike having those clergymen show up and speak at school board meetings.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,00:04   

I found it, Steve.

I had assumed that the BW would float back up to the top when Steve put my post on it so I didn't check it right away, but since hes* moderator, that doesnt* follow.  mibad.  :p

No idea why I can still post on this thread...

*Im toying with typing without using apostophes...kinda like Abbie.

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,00:13   

What??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not WHAT a person argues that gets them in trouble?  It's actually HOW they argue?  No way!  Evidence is for losers.

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

Annyday

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,06:58   

This is the bathroom wall, so let me ask:

What is this shit, and what is it supposed to mean? The only message I can decipher, at present, is "FtK overdosed on caffeine last night".

--------------
"ALL eight of the "nature" miracles of Jesus could have been accomplished via the electroweak quantum tunneling mechanism. For example, walking on water could be accomplished by directing a neutrino beam created just below Jesus' feet downward." - Frank Tipler, ISCID fellow

Mister DNA

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,07:11   

Quote (Annyday @ Feb. 06 2008,06:58)
This is the bathroom wall, so let me ask:

What is this shit, and what is it supposed to mean? The only message I can decipher, at present, is "FtK overdosed on caffeine last night".

I think it's part caffeine and part wanting to fall on the grenade for her buddy Casey Luskin.

--------------
CBEB's: The Church Burnin' Ebola Blog
Thank you, Dr. Dembski. You are without peer when it comes to The Argument Regarding Design. - vesf

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,07:35   

Sorry, Steve, I knew it was Lou.

Weird night...I'm better now! :D

Maybe it was the incoming storm.  I woke up this morning to at least a foot of snow....crazy.

The schools are all closed, and we're trying to dig ourselves out.

--------------

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,07:57   

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 06 2008,07:59   

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 06 2008,07:35)
[Graffiti moved to Bathroom Wall. -Admin]<br/><br/>Sorry, Steve, I knew it was Lou.

Weird night...I'm better now! :D

Maybe it was the incoming storm.  I woke up this morning to at least a foot of snow....crazy.

The schools are all closed, and we're trying to dig ourselves out.

It takes quite a while for new facts to permeate FTK's skull eh?

FTK, welcome to your new home.

I'll take your silence on the other threads to mean that you have no counter-argument to the points raised  :p

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

19609 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (654) < ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]