Joined: July 2006
Since dave will be away on vacation I thought I'd take a crack at the open question list:
Currently Unanswered Questions from the last 5 "Pages"
(1) How is the dendrochronology for Catal Huyuk wrong?
Have you ever been to Catal Huyuk? Are there even trees around Catal Huyuk? Even if their are you weren't there when they were planted, this proves nothing.
(2) Who do you think had syphilis on the ark?
Noah was a drunk, and Ham apparently thinks drunk people are funny, so both seem like likely candidated, but it's apparent from the bible that women are the root of evil, so my theory is it was one of the wives. Given that Ham ends up being cursed by god i'm going to go with Ham's wife as the likely culprit.
(3) If Noah and his little group were the only humans left, can you calculate for me the average number of children each female would have to have in order to achieve the population levels we have today...in 4,356 years?? Include infant mortality and other standard factors, Dave. People **DiD** die back then, didn't they?
If we assume roughly 20 years between generations, and a flood date 4500 years ago we end up with 225 generations to go from 4 mated pairs to 6 billion people (we'll ignore the nephillim for now, since I don't count half-angels as people). If we take the 225th root of 6 billion we end up with 1.10524472, which means...something important I'm sure. If we assume 25% of those born don't live long enough to spawn, and each pair has 4 children born (or attempted to be born), then each generation increases the population by 50%. 1.5 ^ 225 = 4.17381588 × 10^39. Throw in some war, famine, and pestilence and 6 billion sounds about right.
(4) How much water was involved in the flood, Dave? Estimate of the amount of water that was underground, and how deep was it? Was it spread uniformly under the crust, or was it in localised (and deep) reservoirs?
According to wikipedia Mt. Ararat is 5,137 meters above sea level, and the bible says it was covered in water. The mean radius of the earth is 6,372,797 meters. So the volume of water needed to cover the mountain should be (4/3 * pi * (6,372,797+5,137)^3) - (4/3 * pi * 6,372,797^3). This is 2.62375 x 10^18 cubic meters of water.
The floodgates of heaven were opened as well as the springs of the deep. The single city of New Jerusalem in heaven is 2.7 billion cubic miles in size, so I would guess there's more water in heaven than under the earth, so this whole line of questioning is moot.
(5) How did those tracks get in the coconino sandstone in the midst of a raging flood that deposited billions MORE tons of sediment on top of the sandstone? Sandstone can't "dry" in the middle of a flood that continues to deposit layers under a "water canopy", Dave. Nor would those animals survive UNDERWATER, nor would their tracks survive the pressure of the layers above on the wet sandstone during the "flood year"
(6) Layers should have SOME animals in them jumbled up *everywhere* dave. There should be dinos with modern rhinos, with deinotheriums and giant sloths, with Devonian amphibians...yet we don't see that. "Hydraulic sorting" won't do, Dave..or claims that mammals are "more mobile"-- this is utter nonsense. Why are certain species of animals (fossilized trilobites) found in the lowermost layers, while others of the same approximate size and shape (fossilized clams) can be found at the top layers, even at the top of Mt. Everest? Did the clams outrun the trilobites in the race uphill from the flood waters?
Earthquakes and volcanoes moved everything around.
(7) Where did all that sediment come from? (Hint: it didn't wash down from the mountains) Where did it go?
Why not? The sediment probably came from where it always comes....somewhere else.
(8) Where did all that water in your ‘global flood run-off’---run off to?
The oceans, before that they were empty as it didn't rain before the flood (which is why there were no rainbows).
(9) Explain the presence of eolian and evaporite deposits between fluvial or marine deposits, carbonate and dolomite deposits, coal, and why there are clear cycles of regression and transgression present in the rock record allowing for things like sequence stratigraphy to be done.
I don't think that's even english, you're just making stuff up now.
(10) Why are large shale formations consistently oxidized and red while others are consistently black and unoxidized?
Because God likes many colors.
(11) How did the Mile-High cliffs of the Grand Canyon harden enough in ONE YEAR so that they didn't SLUMP under the weight of the deposits over them?
A miracle! More proof of God's tremendous power.
(12) If there was extensive volcanic activity following the flood, why are there no large ash layers or igneous layers in the upper Canyon stratigraphy showing it?
Probably alot of tornadoes and hurricanes as well, the layers got spread out all over the place.
(13) Explain PRECISELY how the incised meanders, oxbows and the steep sides of the Grand Canyon were formed, given that these meanders are not in Mississipian-type soils, but through rock, including the igneous/metamorphic base schist,granite & basalt? (obviously , that is not "soft ")
Uh....Dave....little help here.....
(15) You said that there was only one land mass before the Flood, correct? this would mean that Africa and North America moved away from each other at the rate of 1 kilometer per HOUR per the Morris/Austin scenarios, Dave. What would that heat do? Where did that energy go? Why do we still have ANY oceans?
What happened to question 14?
(16) Why on earth do you want living dinosaurs in your timeline at the end of the flood ? When did they die out?
Everyone likes dinosaurs. Plus there had to be something for all the single pair of animals to eat otherwise all the good ones that God really loved would have starved. I'm sure Noah was nice and chopped up some of the larger dinosaurs for things like lions that wouldn't really have had a chance of taking down a t-rex.
(17)Why don't we see evidence of fast sea-floor spreading paleomagnetically? Remember, Africa and the Americas have to be FLYING away from each other at the rate of 1 kilometer PER HOUR
This is really just a rephrasing of question 15. Already answered.
(18)Why don't we see evidence of your massive flood and "tsunamis" in the deep-sea cores?
More lies, how do these mythical deep-sea cores tell us anything about tsunamis.
(19)Why don't we see evidence of your massive volcanic activity, and carbon dioxide levels and HEAT in the ice cores?
Evidence of heat in the ice cores? Heat...in ice cores....you're obviously smoking crack if you think you can learn anything about carbon dioxide or heat from ice.
(20)Why don't we see disruption of the varves?
What the #### is a varve? Well if I don't understand something it obviously isn't very good evidence.
Having thus refruted your pathetic list of questions I expect all of y'all to convert and come to church on sunday (and I mean a christian church, not one of those that worship weird gods with 6 arms and stuff).