RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,06:46   

Tina Brewer chimes in on Dumbski's slanderous character assasination of Kevin Padian.  She's pretty subtle about it but at least her comments were not deleted by Winston Smith (Dumbski) himself:

Do you think that Dr. Padian behaves differently, in essence, than a fundamentalist preacher does?

Comment by tinabrewer — May 9, 2006 @ 9:06 am

and

I fully agree that reacting with violent rhetoric to the opposing side is sinking to their level. I tried to make this point awhile back on the thread about Ann Coulter’s new book. Why is it not okay to “react” to Kevin Padian, but it is acceptable to support, even actively encourage, the rhetoric of Coulter? Is it because she is on “our” side in this particular issue? That is the inverse of a principled stance…

Comment by tinabrewer — May 11, 2006 @ 11:09 am

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,07:04   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ May 11 2006,11:46)
Tina Brewer chimes in on Dumbski's slanderous character assasination of Kevin Padian.  She's pretty subtle about it but at least her comments were not deleted by Winston Smith (Dumbski) himself:

Do you think that Dr. Padian behaves differently, in essence, than a fundamentalist preacher does?

Comment by tinabrewer — May 9, 2006 @ 9:06 am

and

I fully agree that reacting with violent rhetoric to the opposing side is sinking to their level. I tried to make this point awhile back on the thread about Ann Coulter’s new book. Why is it not okay to “react” to Kevin Padian, but it is acceptable to support, even actively encourage, the rhetoric of Coulter? Is it because she is on “our” side in this particular issue? That is the inverse of a principled stance…

Comment by tinabrewer — May 11, 2006 @ 11:09 am

Now you've gone and blown her cover. I predict a swift banning in tinabrewer's future.

Interesting how WD seems to have run out of steam in terms of pretending to do science, so now he's sort of reduced to these lowrent swiftboatings in support of ID.

On the Padian thread, it's also interesting how WD is cranking up the volume on this idea that the term 'fundamentalist' is now 'hate speech'. I'm sure we could come up with all kinds of explanations for that...

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,08:39   

The latest on Padian from the Christians at UD:

"Defenders of Science"

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,08:44   

wow.

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,08:47   

Er, Im all for freedom of speech, but Im pretty sure this falls under libel laws.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,08:54   

I don't think it's libel if no reasonable person would believe it. And it's Uncommonly Dense. No reasonable person would believe them.

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,08:55   

Quote (Chris Hyland @ May 11 2006,13:47)
Er, Im all for freedom of speech, but Im pretty sure this falls under libel laws.

The fact that Dembski allowed the post where Padians work and private phone number was posted and the readers were encouraged to call and harass him will not look good in the eyes of a judge either.

I was looking up the term slander over at Wiki and what Dembski has done and is doing wouldn't impress a judge.

Dembski is a such a dumb fark.

--------------

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,09:14   

Someone just nuked the KKK post.  Be sure and make a copy of the graphic before they wake up and remember to delete it.

What utter dorks...

--------------

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,09:18   

For anyone who didn't see the picture:

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,09:19   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ May 11 2006,14:14)
Someone just nuked the KKK post.  Be sure and make a copy of the graphic before they wake up and remember to delete it.

What utter dorks...

Interesting, I wonder whose idea it was to post it and whose idea it was to delete it. Are Dembski and Scot trying out some kind of good cop/bad cop routine?

EDIT:

Okay, the UD folks are now saying the KKK image was 'totally inappropriate', and are trying to make a big joke out of it. Sort of dodges the issue of WHY they posted it, but nevermind.

This makes it look like someone there posted the image without thinking, since they just loved it so much, then *someone* there (same person? who knows) checked in on this site or PT, saw the word 'libel' bandied around, and then said "OH SHIT! PULL IT, PULL IT!!!"

Good times. :-)

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

beervolcano

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,10:15   

Darwin’s finches, which by legend is what led Darwin to his theory, do not exhibit evolution at all.

:0

####! They figured it out!
What we see is selection acting to promote or suppress the frequency of pre-existing genes within a the gene pool of a single species.

Yeah, really. If that's anything, it's NOT evolution.

I would guess the mutations from breeding pair to offspring were few, meaning there would have been a more or less closely related chain of animals from the ancestor of the Grizzly we started with to the modern Grizzly.

If the neo-Darwinian paradigm is vaguely correct we should see chains of relatedness between all life. Currently we see great gaps everywhere.

Well, punctuated equilibrium cleared that up 40 years ago.

Maybe this guy can explain. He seems to have the jargon down.  :D

Once ID has a better grasp on recognizing which parts of the universe can be reliably detected or fruitfully researched as designed, (possibly through design constraints, retrodictive ceilings, or something of the like) I see this comparative approach being used as a “hypothetical imperative” more frequently since it doesn’t require a protracted probabilistic calculation.

Comment by JosephCCampana — May 11, 2006 @ 10:29 am

See? The grizzly retrodick got caught in the ceiling!
I have been wowwed by the bs.

It sounds like ID people can see the evidence for evolution, but they just can't bring themselves to call it evolution.

I have a challenge question for ID people (intended to force them to make YEC arguments):

Could a species be designed so that eventually it becomes two species? Or once a species is designed is that species forever fixed?

Maybe I'll start a thread and an ID person will show up to answer that. Of course, ID has no position on this and cannot answer this question whatsoever, but it would be interesting to see the "mental" gymnastics required to jibe ID "scientific" rhetoric with the underlying YEC worldview.

--------------
("It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."--Jonathan Swift)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,12:36   

It seems the peanut gallery liked the “Defenders of Science” political satire so much they archived it at antievolution.org

Check it out quick before they make it disappear!

Comment by DaveScot — May 11, 2006 @ 4:28 pm

This is just bizarre. Davetard, who deletes things, and deleted his klan cartoon, links to our archiving of it, and then smears us as soon to delete it. That's some kind of recursive irony.

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,12:55   

Salvador bypassed DaveScot to get Dembski's approval for the GMO thread.  Dave fires back:
Unfortunately I’ve been overruled about closing this comment thread so let the ridicule from the peanut gallery begin. Just keep it civil and it won’t be deleted.

Comment by DaveScot — May 11, 2006 @ 2:04 pm

This is a sample of what the Cornell IDEA club will be using to argue against Professor MacNeill? If so then I’m afraid I underestimated the thrashing MacNeill is going to deliver unto them.

Comment by DaveScot — May 11, 2006 @ 2:19 p

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number.  -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,13:00   

If Davetard ever understands that all ID arguments are as awful as Salvador's GMO one, he'll understand all the thrashings ID receives.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,14:04   

Quote (stevestory @ May 11 2006,17:36)

It seems the peanut gallery liked the “Defenders of Science” political satire so much they archived it at antievolution.org

Check it out quick before they make it disappear!

Comment by DaveScot — May 11, 2006 @ 4:28 pm

This is just bizarre. Davetard, who deletes things, and deleted his klan cartoon, links to our archiving of it, and then smears us as soon to delete it. That's some kind of recursive irony.

This might support the idea that the cartoon was Dave's idea but Dembski pulled it.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,14:09   

Maybe, in which case there's the hyper irony that the Davetard who's defended Dembski's banning policy, and extended it, then relies on our non-censorious site to circumvent it, in order to continue the defamation Dembski began.

Whatever the He11 is happening, it's fun to watch.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,14:21   

Quote (stevestory @ May 11 2006,19<!--emo&:0)
Maybe, in which case there's the hyper irony that the Davetard who's defended Dembski's banning policy, and extended it, then relies on our non-censorious site to circumvent it, in order to continue the defamation Dembski began.

Goodness me, that is self-referential! And very Dave.

I said a couple months ago that this thread is the annotated version of UD. Clearly DT agrees. :-)

Whatever the He11 is happening, it's fun to watch.

Yeah, this is just like old times! I was afraid that with Dembski back taking a higher profile, the site would get boring.

--------------

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,14:29   

Nah, you guys are overanalyzing Dave. It's just that he's still quite proud of his post, and wants people to see it, so he directs them here. The rest is gibberish to sound like he's joking.

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,15:02   

Yeah, this is just like old times! I was afraid that with Dembski back taking a higher profile, the site would get boring.
Yeah, Dembski is old and busted. Davetard, DougMoron, BarryA, are teh new hotness.

Nah, you guys are overanalyzing Dave. It's just that he's still quite proud of his post, and wants people to see it, so he directs them here. The rest is gibberish to sound like he's joking.

So the unintentional irony is even more accidental? I told you this sh1t was self referential. Somebody call Jeff Shallit. :-)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,15:14   

Shake. That. Thing.
Doug MoronMoron
Shake. That. Thing.
Dave TardyTardy
Shake. That. Thing.
Cor-DovaDova
Shake. That. Thing....

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,15:19   

Incidentally, someone just posted this at PT, I thought it needed wider publicity:

Hmm. “Ombudsman” can also be an anagram for “Dumbo’s Man”…

('Ombudsman' is a reference to a sock puppet name DT posted under at PT today, where he said "Asian American" was a 'racially loaded' term.)

Anyway, I think we may have a new DT epithet here...

--------------

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,16:34   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ May 11 2006,19:21)

On the contrary, Demsbki puts the tard in DaveTard

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,17:28   

If you have an interest in mirroring the information from certain weblogs, be sure to check out The Blog Mirror Project and lend a hand if you have some programming skills.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

sir_toejam

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,17:48   

That's some kind of recursive irony.

better known as projection.

I tells ya, all dem IDiots exhibit projection in spades.

it IS a common character trait; one could almost say a defining trait.

It's what leads me to believe that support for ID mostly comes from those suffering from an undiagnosed psychological schism.

for those we know some history of, it fits perfectly.

for example, Dembski managed to acquire multiple graduate degrees.  no small feat.

now what does he do?  think that was his plan?  think it has and still irks him?

oh yeah.

Davetard is almost the exact reverse issue, but still results in schism.

Davetard starts at Dell as engineer (IIRC).  makes megabucks.

why?  not because he was an engineering genius.  no no.  but rather simply because he was on the ground floor of a company that took off and offered copious stock options.

Dave made money off the stock options, not off of his genius.

so here we have an artificially inflated ego; way beyond the bounds of any real-world background to support.

Dave thinks because he was successful in making money, he must be a genius.

Never bothers to figure out just how lacking he really is.

so on the one hand we have dembski; a smart guy who thinks he was let down by the "system" and so goes off on a bitter crusade to show up the world, and loses his mind in the process.  

and on the other we have dave; a dumb guy who thinks he has mastered the system because he made money, but is frustrated that nobody listens to him and can't figure out why.

both just as delusional.

both torn across different realities.

both dealing with massive traumas to their egos.

both spinning psychological defense mechanisms like mad.

both need serious medical help.

Dante

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2006,20:46   

Oh boy, the whole "atheist murders in the 20th century" thing again.

Or perhaps the atheist murders committed by Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Kim Jong Il, or the Chinese Communists to name just a few. Comes out to about 100 million or so according to this author:

The URL got cut off and I'm too lazy to reproduce it here but it links to an Amazon page for a book about communism.

--------------
Dembski said it, I laughed at it, that settles it!

thurdl01

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,01:14   

"Church Burnin’ Sheet Wearin’ Ebola Boys "

Wow, DS has upped what evolutionists stand for.  Irony is that he says this while calling for tollerance.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting strung out at work, and got way too little sleep last night, but this whole Padian thing is really starting to piss me off.  They acknowledged that they got their facts wrong, and then actively demonstrate that they don't give a shit, and they're just going to keep libeling and defaming Padian.  How does any human being get so completely warped that this seems like a way to pass their time?  How can anyone's life be so sad that they delight in making up phrases like DS's above?  Pissed off, and depressed about the state of humanity, that's me this morning.

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,02:16   

Church Burnin’ Sheet Wearin’ Ebola Boys

Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Boy, he's really proud of his post...

Like some brat that made a frog explode or something...

...Nah, he's not mature enough for that yet. He'd probably lose a couple fingers trying.

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,04:01   

davetard was all
Church Burnin’ Sheet Wearin’ Ebola Boys

I think davetard mostly enjoys seeing reactions here to stuff like this and he knows most people at UD share similar beliefs.  They lost in Dover, they lost in California and they will continue to lose as long as they promote creationism as science.   This is what poor losers do.

When Dembski says "ID has been good to me" I believe him.  Demsbki may be the poster boy for losers in academia.  He has a boat load of degrees from prestigious universities yet he works for an insignificant, fundamentalist bible college.  Is "Southern" even an accredited institution? If not for his creationist book sales to the naive and uninformed,  Dembski would be just another loser with no future.  

So it makes sense that he/they now focus so much of their efforts on character assasination and slander.  That's all Dembski has left in him.  

Speaking of Dembski when is the newest version of Pandas and People going to be published?  I forgot what they are calling it this time around.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,05:03   

"Church Burnin’ Sheet Wearin’ Ebola Boys "
Doesn't make any sense at all. The Klan was a christian terror group.

thurdl01

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,05:06   

You're expecting DS to make SENSE?

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]