RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (503) < ... 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,02:58   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 30 2020,13:06)
Batshit seems to believe that Godel’s Incompleteness Theorem means you can’t prove 2+2 = 4. In the history of UD, that might be the wrongest thing anyone’s said.

Can he tell the difference between a Godel and a whalebone corset?

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,11:13   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 30 2020,21:35)
Quote (Henry J @ Dec. 30 2020,23:28)
Like whether there's a set S bigger than {integers} but smaller than {reals}?

That’s the Continuum Hypothesis. What about it?

Isn't that a question that isn't answered by the standard axioms of set theory? That's what I recall having read somewhere.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,11:57   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 29 2020,21:52)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 20 2020,09:35)
Hunter, over on his blog, posted several OPs recently about election fraud, including one about the statistical improbability of Biden winning. I checked today and they are all gone. I wonder if his employer is distancing itself from the Trump crazy-train and forced him to remove them.

Corny Hunter is now joining Batshit77 and Kariosflatus in the Trump crazy pool.   Corny has put up six long posts in the last three days with his statistical "proof" Trump actually won the election. :D  I guess he figured his Creationist horseshit was going nowhere fast so he decided to double his losses.   :p

It's perhaps not surprising, but I'm not convinced by his analysis. He may be right, but I broke the effect with the first thing I thought of.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,11:59   

Quote (Henry J @ Dec. 31 2020,12:13)

Isn't that a question that isn't answered by the standard axioms of set theory? That's what I recall having read somewhere.

Correct, it is. I just didn’t get why you were mentioning it.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,12:07   

Oh you mean is that an example of the incompleteness theorem. It’s very very similar-looking, but I think the answer is no. It’s been proven that the CH can’t be proven or falsified with current techniques. But if I understand correctly, the door is open for the possibility of future techniques.

(But I’m not a mathematician, so take it with a grain of salt)

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,12:08   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 31 2020,10:59)
Quote (Henry J @ Dec. 31 2020,12:13)

Correct, it is. I just didn’t get why you were mentioning it.

It's an example of the incompleteness of one set of axioms.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,12:11   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 31 2020,12:57)
Hunter, over on his blog, posted several OPs recently about election fraud, including one about the statistical improbability of Biden winning. I checked today and they are all gone. I wonder if his employer is distancing itself from the Trump crazy-train and forced him to remove them.

Corny Hunter is now joining Batshit77 and Kariosflatus in the Trump crazy pool.   Corny has put up six long posts in the last three days with his statistical "proof" Trump actually won the election. :D  I guess he figured his Creationist horseshit was going nowhere fast so he decided to double his losses.   :p

It's perhaps not surprising, but I'm not convinced by his analysis. He may be right, but I broke the effect with the first thing I thought of.

Well done.

(Couple typos: thatmnks, mege)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,13:50   

Polistra
December 31, 2020 at 1:01 pm
No. The enforcers are not confident of rectitude or rationality. The enforcers are demonic psychopaths who are driven by a BURNING URGE TO BE THE SOLE OCCUPANT OF THE UNIVERSE. They are willing to run all sorts of tricks involving “morality” and “science” if those tricks result in MAXIMUM HARM AND DAMAGE AND PAIN to the rest of the universe. You are severely underestimating the INFINITE EVIL of psychopaths.

Teve backs away slowly

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 31 2020,16:08   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 31 2020,12:11)
Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 31 2020,12:57)

Well done.

(Couple typos: thatmnks, mege)

Thanks! "Only a couple of typos" is pretty good for me.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 01 2021,15:47   

It is hilarious to me that KF and BS77 keep quoting Jim Hoft, the Stupidest Man on the Internet

:p

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 01 2021,18:29   

this comment on Parler by a disgruntled Trumper is interesting.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 01 2021,20:14   

Poor KF will be sad, Gohmert’s lawsuit was just dismissed.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 01 2021,21:20   

But where's the output slot of that there Xerox machine?

What?

Oh.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2021,05:23   

Quote (Henry J @ Jan. 01 2021,21:20)
But where's the output slot of that there Xerox machine?

What?

Oh.

It's plumbed in.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2021,16:56   

Guttmacher vs Worldometer on Abortion statistics

Guttmacher: Unintended pregnancy and abortion are experiences shared by people around the world. These reproductive health outcomes occur irrespective of country income level, region or the legal status of abortion. Roughly 121 million unintended pregnancies occurred each year between 2015 and 2019.* Of these unintended pregnancies, 61% ended in abortion. This translates to 73 million Read More…
Laser-focused on ID. Totally not just Right Wing Creationist dorks

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,10:58   

Can you imagine BatShit on Twitter?

BatShit77

Of related note,,,,,,,

1/963

:D  :(  :p  :O

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,11:24   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 03 2021,10:58)
Can you imagine BatShit on Twitter?

BatShit77

Of related note,,,,,,,

1/963

:D  :(  :p  :O

Followed by:

Moreover...

1/786

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,12:34   

Maybe he's trying to help people with insomnia?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,13:23   

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,19:10   

Commentator Dinesh D’Souza On Paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould’s Directionless Evolution

Posted onJanuary 3, 2021 AuthorNewsComment(0)
Spread the love

Readers may remember Stephen Jay Gould (1941–2002), the “nice” atheist evolutionist (as opposed to Richard Dawkins). Dinesh D’Souza, is an American commentator, and not one to shrink from controversy:

Is there a conflict between evolution and theism? Here I refute Stephen Jay Gould’s argument that the pattern of evolution reveals no purpose or direction pic.twitter.com/n1lpZ7eUlm— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) December 29, 2020

Not clear how to embed the vid. You’ll have to go to Twitter. But the comments are classics.

Wow

Why the fuck did Dense put a comma after D’Sousa? If that’s a parenthetical phrase that follows, ‘is’ shouldn’t be there. Jesus. These idiots are bad at everything.

Edited by stevestory on Jan. 03 2021,20:13

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,21:49   

JVL
January 3, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Silver Asiatic: She could just say it wasn’t her – it was fake. Instead, she didn’t say anything – just deleted her own account.

I suspect he’s tired of all the abusive feedback she’s getting from people like you who condemn her without due process and giving her her time in a court of law to defend herself.

Shame on you; you are just like the people you criticise. You come to a conclusion before all the evidence has been properly examined in a court. You use and exploit public media to ostracise and intimidate people you disagree with. (This forum is a case in point.). You shout down any contrary evidence.

You are the kind of person you claim to object to. You have become your own enemy. Well done.
LOL

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2021,22:25   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 03 2021,19:10)
Commentator Dinesh D’Souza On Paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould’s Directionless Evolution

Spread the love

Readers may remember Stephen Jay Gould (1941–2002), the “nice” atheist evolutionist (as opposed to Richard Dawkins). Dinesh D’Souza, is an American commentator, and not one to shrink from controversy:

Is there a conflict between evolution and theism? Here I refute Stephen Jay Gould’s argument that the pattern of evolution reveals no purpose or direction pic.twitter.com/n1lpZ7eUlm— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) December 29, 2020

Not clear how to embed the vid. You’ll have to go to Twitter. But the comments are classics.

Wow

Why the fuck did Dense put a comma after D’Sousa? If that’s a parenthetical phrase that follows, ‘is’ shouldn’t be there. Jesus. These idiots are bad at everything.

Isn't the addition of peculiar punctuation to the name a mark of a "Sovereign Citizen"?

I gather it's a way that they can pretend to be someone else and not have to pay taxes. Unfortunately, observation by a legitimate authority collapses the wave function (like Schrodinger's Cat - the though experiment, not the commentor.)

PS Today is the 60th anniversary of Schrodinger's death.)

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,03:40   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 03 2021,19:10)

Spread the love

Wow

To be fair, it could just be a typo. e.g. originally it might have made sense with a comma, and then Denyse edited it and didn't realise the comma was still there.

There are some things that I feel I am well qualified, through experience, to comment on. This is one of them.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,16:13   

Quote (KevinB @ Jan. 03 2021,22:25)
PS Today is the 60th anniversary of Schrodinger's death.)

Or maybe it isn’t.  But I’m not keen to open that particular box.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,16:32   

bornagain77
Exclusive: over 423,000 votes removed from Trump in Pennsylvania, data scientists say | NTD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....C1pAizc
UD Live event part 3, US...
who needs evidence presented in court when you’ve got YouTube videos?

:D  :p  :)

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,16:56   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 04 2021,16:32)
bornagain77
Exclusive: over 423,000 votes removed from Trump in Pennsylvania, data scientists say | NTD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....C1pAizc
UD Live event part 3, US...
who needs evidence presented in court when you’ve got YouTube videos?

:D  :p  :)

The video makes much of a single data point that gave Trump 66k votes before dropping back to zero and then climbing back up. It looks to me as if someone put a total into the system before it was properly accounted and it was then corrected.

Do these "data scientists" do their science by standing in front of a green screen and photoshopping a stock image of a data centre into the background. They seem to be doing nothing but drawing graphs and saying "here are some numbers. This proves that there's fraud."

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,19:19   

Steve Alten2
January 4, 2021 at 2:38 pm
Abortion simply isn’t a black and white situation. I have two wonderful grandchildren through IVF. My daughter had two ectopic pregnancies that made natural conception impossible. After three rounds of IVF, she gave birth to twin daughters. In total, the IVF process resulted in over 20 fertilized eggs, several of which were not implanted, and many more that aborted early in pregnancy to give the others a small chance to survive.

All the pontificating in the world won’t convince me that the loss of fertilized eggs that resulted in these two beautiful girls was anything but a blessing.

Viola Lee
January 4, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Thumbs up to Steve’s post. I’ve discussed this issue with an IVF doctor a number of times, and the number of fertilized embryos that are flat-out rejected for various reasons vastly outnumbers the successful implantations that carry to term.

Steve Alten2
January 4, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Thanks Viola. I get mad at people who say that IVF should be banned because, sadly, it involves aborting several fetuses. For anyone who thinks this, feel free to tell my granddaughters this. They are old enough now that they will rip anyone who thinks this a new one. And I will stand back and enjoy the spectacle.

Linky

I expect either concise and relevant responses from BatShit77, or 19,000 word cut and pastes about Marxism, atheists, Black Lives Matter, Saul Alinski, the Shroud of Turin, quantum mechanics, weather forecasting, Area 51, the Magna Carta, the Book of Revelations, Cornelius Hunter, Dominion voting machines, Euler, Edward Feser, the Arc de Triomphe, and Richard Dawkins. Definitely one of those two replies.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2021,23:07   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 04 2021,17:19)
Steve Alten2
January 4, 2021 at 2:38 pm
Abortion simply isn’t a black and white situation. I have two wonderful grandchildren through IVF. My daughter had two ectopic pregnancies that made natural conception impossible. After three rounds of IVF, she gave birth to twin daughters. In total, the IVF process resulted in over 20 fertilized eggs, several of which were not implanted, and many more that aborted early in pregnancy to give the others a small chance to survive.

All the pontificating in the world won’t convince me that the loss of fertilized eggs that resulted in these two beautiful girls was anything but a blessing.

Viola Lee
January 4, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Thumbs up to Steve’s post. I’ve discussed this issue with an IVF doctor a number of times, and the number of fertilized embryos that are flat-out rejected for various reasons vastly outnumbers the successful implantations that carry to term.

Steve Alten2
January 4, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Thanks Viola. I get mad at people who say that IVF should be banned because, sadly, it involves aborting several fetuses. For anyone who thinks this, feel free to tell my granddaughters this. They are old enough now that they will rip anyone who thinks this a new one. And I will stand back and enjoy the spectacle.

Linky

I expect either concise and relevant responses from BatShit77, or 19,000 word cut and pastes about Marxism, atheists, Black Lives Matter, Saul Alinski, the Shroud of Turin, quantum mechanics, weather forecasting, Area 51, the Magna Carta, the Book of Revelations, Cornelius Hunter, Dominion voting machines, Euler, Edward Feser, the Arc de Triomphe, and Richard Dawkins. Definitely one of those two replies.

You missed "false colour of law".

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2021,05:06   

Quote (fnxtr @ Jan. 04 2021,23:07)
You missed "false colour of law".

They've used it all up on the Presidential Election threads. And because noone gave them new paintboxes for Christmas, they're having to make do with aquamarine.

Somewhere, recently, I've seen a news article (real news, that is, not Denyse) which says that Trump's switching on of the "don't fund abortion providers" clauses for Federal funding has led to an increase in abortions due to the shutting down of family planning advice.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2021,07:20   

I was talking about BS77. false Cououlour of Law is KF.  :p

15073 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (503) < ... 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]