RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (736) < ... 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,12:48   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 16 2019,12:31)
Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,13:14)
]
I personally prefer free-range meat products but I am not convinced that making it mandatory would be helpfull. Is it feasible to feed our current global population that way?

That depends on their consumption. the average American eats way more meat than the global average.

Alternate power? Maybe tidal should be research funded more, but right now only nuclear looks possible as a carbon reducing option that could be implemented quickly.

Solar Thermal. Derek Abbott has a great paper for the IEEE about why nuclear power can't globally scale, but instead of reading it, you can just read this summary: why nuclear power will never supply the world's energy needs.

Right, 15,000 nuclear power plants is not a good thing. So nuclear would be good only for some local uses. But no one suggested nuclear be the only source, thankfully.

And we eat way too many animals.

--------------
Chromosomes. are. all. connected. It is one long polymer. Called the DNA. - oleg t

simple English (hint: "equal" and "interchangeable" aren't synonyms)- JohnW

"Genetic mutations are mistakes"- evolutionary biology

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"- Intelligent Design and Timothy Horton

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,13:08   

Solar Thermal. Derek Abbott has a great paper for the IEEE about why nuclear power can't globally scale,but instead of reading it, you can just read this summary: why nuclear power will never supply the world's energy needs.

That is interesting, I did not know that.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,13:41   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,14:08)

Solar Thermal. Derek Abbott has a great paper for the IEEE about why nuclear power can't globally scale,but instead of reading it, you can just read this summary: why nuclear power will never supply the world's energy needs.

I'm a fan of nuclear power w/r/t being low-carbon-emitting, but it's depressing how the numbers don't work out. on the positive side though, we can bring solar thermal plants online much faster then the decade or more it takes to build a nuclear plant.

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,14:05   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 16 2019,13:41)

I'm a fan of nuclear power w/r/t being low-carbon-emitting, but it's depressing how the numbers don't work out. on the positive side though, we can bring solar thermal plants online much faster then the decade or more it takes to build a nuclear plant.

Well you can. Solar isn't as effective for the UK. Not yet anyway, although it's performing way better now than when they first came out.

The reason I consider tidal very promising (eventually) is because of how reliable it would be.

Geothermal would probably be good for some areas.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,14:25   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,14:05)

Well you can. Solar isn't as effective for the UK. Not yet anyway, although it's performing way better now than when they first came out.

The reason I consider tidal very promising (eventually) is because of how reliable it would be.

Canada has had a tidal power plant for over thirty years on the Annapolis river. It works but is more of tourist attraction than a practical power plant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki....Station

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,17:37   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 16 2019,14:25)
Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,14:05)

Canada has had a tidal power plant for over thirty years on the Annapolis river. It works but is more of tourist attraction than a practical power plant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki.......Station

When I say tidal, I tend to think of seaboard rather than a river. I am thinking of a large buoyant weight which rises and falls with a tide. That rising and falling moves a lever. Which powers motors (via gears) and that rising/falling provides electricity.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 17 2019,16:33   

OK, where do you want this?

--------------
Chromosomes. are. all. connected. It is one long polymer. Called the DNA. - oleg t

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,08:07   

Quote (Alan Fox @ Mar. 18 2019,03:42)
Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,11:09)

Quote (Alan Fox @ Mar. 16 2019,15:59)
Hi Stephen! Long time no see.

Hey Alan, been awhile. Guess I drifted away once I'D became irrelevant and traffic here slowed down.

Good to see you are still here

I've become a bit irrelevant too but I know what you mean! :) It amazes me folks still talk about ID as if it hadn't followed in the footsteps of the Norwegian Blue.

Regarding climate change, I suspect we're too late and too in the thrall of vested interests to reverse the trend. Hope I'm wrong.

There's plenty of energy, just better ways of extracting and storing it are needed. Wave energy is fine in principle but problematic because of the extreme environment for the equipment, especially in the North Atlantic in winter. There's a lot of work needed if it could ever become mainstream.

I see UK are bringing in legislation to ensure heat pumps replace gas and oil as an energy source for home heating. Switching back to lime from portland cement as a construction material could help too.

ID is still going strong, Alan. And, unlike your lame-ass position, ID has the science and the evidence.

You still don't have a methodology to test your position's claims.

As for climate change- there never was any danger or issues.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,08:09   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 17 2019,23:16)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 17 2019,23:13)
SmartAZ March 17, 2019 at 6:33 pm
The scientific method:
1. Observe something.
2. Formulate a hypothesis.
3. Devise a test.
4. If the test fails, go to #2.
5. If the test passes and is confirmed, the hypothesis might be promoted to a theory and used to prove other hypotheses. And it might not.

Since the multiverse has not been observed, it is not scientific. It is fiction.

I'm so glad the creationists are around, to explain the scientific method to us. What would we do without them? :D

The general theory of relativity predicted black holes in 1915. The first observational evidence of a black hole didn't happen until 1971. According to this dumbass, black holes must have been unscientific fiction for that 56 years.

linky

On the other hand, the Designer is totally scientific because reasons.

No, because of evidence. You know, that thing your side doesn't have for support.

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,08:32   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 18 2019,08:07)

Hey Alan, been awhile. Guess I drifted away once I'D became irrelevant and traffic here slowed down.

I've become a bit irrelevant too but I know what you mean! :) It amazes me folks still talk about ID as if it hadn't followed in the footsteps of the Norwegian Blue.

Regarding climate change, I suspect we're too late and too in the thrall of vested interests to reverse the trend. Hope I'm wrong.

There's plenty of energy, just better ways of extracting and storing it are needed. Wave energy is fine in principle but problematic because of the extreme environment for the equipment, especially in the North Atlantic in winter. There's a lot of work needed if it could ever become mainstream.

I see UK are bringing in legislation to ensure heat pumps replace gas and oil as an energy source for home heating. Switching back to lime from portland cement as a construction material could help too.

ID is still going strong, Alan. And, unlike your lame-ass position, ID has the science and the evidence.

Joke:
ID is still going strong,...

In spite of all of the evidence to the contrary.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,08:37   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 18 2019,08:32)

Joke:

What evidence? Or are you still too much of an ignorant coward to say?

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,08:40   

What is it they say in academia, again?

Publish or... um... ???

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,09:15   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 18 2019,08:37)

Joke:

Biocomplexity research articles:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

Almost all of them, by the way, authored by the editors of the "journal". You obviously have a different concept of "going strong" than the rest of the world.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,10:01   

Quote (fnxtr @ Mar. 18 2019,08:40)
What is it they say in academia, again?

Publish or... um... ???

And yet no one has published anything that supports evolution by means of blind and mindless processes.

So what were you saying?

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,10:02   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 18 2019,09:15)

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

Almost all of them, by the way, authored by the editors of the "journal". You obviously have a different concept of "going strong" than the rest of the world.

And how many blind watchmaker evolution research papers are there?

ID is still the only scientific explanation for our existence.

That is what I call still going strong.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,10:04   

Peer-reviewed articles that support the evolution of the genetic code via blind and mindless processes is still zero.

Peer-reviewed articles that support the evolution of eukaryotes via blind and mindless processes is still zero.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,11:02   

Positive Evidence for Intelligent Design (for a start):

1- Biological codes and the systems required to carry them out in a biologically relevant manner

2- The ribosome is a genetic compiler which not only translates the source code (mRNA) into an object code (proteins), but it also detects errors and stops the translation process

The first comes from the fact that in all of our experience only intelligent agencies produce codes. Yes, I accept that for the most part that the sample size is just humans. But that sample includes many, many examples. And, of course, on the flip side, no one has ever observed nature producing a code. Not one. Not once. And guess what? Nature doesn't care.

Anyone who thinks that nature, without even wanting to or trying, produced the biological codes and the systems required to carry them out in a biologically relevant manner, needs to step up and show us how to test the claim. Then they need to test it and publish their results.

The second comes from observations and science. For example The Ribosome: Perfectionist Protein-maker Trashes Errors . The translation part has been widely known for decades.

The positive evidence for blind watchmaker evolution:

1- Genetic diseases

2- Deformities

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,11:05   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 18 2019,10:15)

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

just for fun, let's compare the entire scientific 'output' to the publication record of one successful scientist, let's say Steven Chu at Stanford, in one year, 2015:

2015 Chu SH, Lee YJ, Lee YJ, Cleeland CS. [Properties of the Measures to Assess Oxaliplatin-induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Literature Review]. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 45: 783-801. PMID 26805492 DOI: 10.4040/jkan.2015.45.6.783 0.64

2015 Chu ST, Han YH, Koh JA, Kim SJ, Lee HC, Kim SE, Shin YC, Sir JJ, Choi SM, Joo SB. A Case of Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome with Acute Submassive Pulmonary Thromboembolism Treated with Thrombolytic Therapy. Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound. 23: 266-70. PMID 26755937 DOI: 10.4250/jcu.2015.23.4.266 0.56

2015 Lin YY, Chen CM, Huang YH, Lin CY, Chu SY, Hsu MY, Pan KT, Tseng JH. Liver metastasis from hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma: Dynamic computed tomography findings. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 21: 13524-31. PMID 26730164 DOI: 10.3748/wjg.v21.i48.13524 0.48

2015 Chu S, Li HX, Li X, Kang X, Huang QS, Wang HX, Qiu YR. [Role of glycogen synthase kinase 3β in maturation and function of murine myeloid dendritic cells in vitro]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao = Journal of Southern Medical University. 35: 1809-14. PMID 26714922 0.36

2015 Zhang Z, Chu SF, Mou Z, Gao Y, Wang ZZ, Wei GN, Chen NH. Ganglioside GQ1b induces dopamine release through the activation of Pyk2. Molecular and Cellular Neurosciences. PMID 26704905 DOI: 10.1016/j.mcn.2015.12.009 0.44

2015 Chen PF, Liu CL, Lin WK, Chen KC, Chou PT, Chu SW. Fluorescence depletion properties of insulin-gold nanoclusters. Biomedical Optics Express. 6: 3066-73. PMID 26309767 DOI: 10.1364/BOE.6.003066 0.36

2015 Chiang CH, Tsai HY, Zhan TS, Lin HY, Fang YC, Chu SY. Effects of phosphor distribution and step-index remote configuration on the performance of white light-emitting diodes. Optics Letters. 40: 2830-3. PMID 26076273 DOI: 10.1364/OL.40.002830 0.36

2015 Liang Y, Peng W, Lu M, Chu S. Narrow-band wavelength tunable filter based on asymmetric double layer metallic grating. Optics Express. 23: 14434-45. PMID 26072805 DOI: 10.1364/OE.23.014434 0.44

2015 Pu J, Chu S, Wang M, Qian C, Shen X. Expression of BAFF and its specific receptor BAFF-R in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and their significance Chinese Journal of Microbiology and Immunology (China). 35: 821-826. DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0254-5101.2015.11.006 0.4

2015 Li F, Hu XH, Zhou SH, Chu SN, Hui D. Reaction mechanism spectroscopy studies of protein and Orange II Chemical Engineering Transactions. 46: 121-126. DOI: 10.3303/CET1546021 0.36

2015 Shan Q, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Jia W, Cai P, Chu S. Rapid measurement system for sulfur content in coal Nanjing Hangkong Hangtian Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 47: 767-771. DOI: 10.16356/j.1005-2615.2015.05.022 0.4

2015 Xi X, Li W, Li J, Zhu X, Fu C, Wei X, Chu S. A survey of the availability, prices and affordability of essential medicines in Jiangsu Province, China Bmc Health Services Research. 15. DOI: 10.1186/s12913-015-1008-8 0.32

2015 Chiang CH, Tsai HY, Kuo HY, Lin HY, Chu SY. The Investigations of the Pr, Gd, Si-N Doping, and Phosphor Curvature Effects on the Performances of YAG-Based WLEDs Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 98: 2493-2497. DOI: 10.1111/jace.13629 0.36

2015 Zhao L, Chu S, Ma C, Gao X, Yang Y, Liu S, An Q. Precise Clock Synchronization in the Readout Electronics of WCDA in LHAASO Ieee Transactions On Nuclear Science. DOI: 10.1109/TNS.2015.2484381 0.48

2015 Xiang T, Zhao L, Jin X, Wang T, Chu S, Ma C, Liu S, An Q. A 56-ps multi-phase clock time-to-digital convertor based on Artix-7 FPGA 2014 19th Ieee-Npss Real Time Conference, Rt 2014 - Conference Records. DOI: 10.1109/RTC.2014.7097544 0.36

2015 Chu SI, Huang YJ, Lin WC. Authentication Protocol Design and Low-Cost Key Encryption Function Implementation for Wireless Sensor Networks Ieee Systems Journal. DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2015.2487508 0.36

2015 Luo H, Pan TS, Pan JS, Chu SC, Yang B. Development of a Three-Dimensional Multimode Visual Immersive System With Applications in Telepresence Ieee Systems Journal. DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2015.2410533 0.4

2015 Chiang CH, Liu TH, Lin HY, Kuo HY, Chu SY. Effects of flux additives on characteristics of Y2.95Al5O12:0.05Ce3+ Phosphor: Thermal stability and application to WLEDs Ieee/Osa Journal of Display Technology. 11: 466-470. DOI: 10.1109/JDT.2015.2415833 0.36

2015 Zeng Q, Guo W, Chu S, Duan X. Late Jurassic granitoids in the Xilamulun Mo belt, Northeastern China: geochronology, geochemistry, and tectonic implications International Geology Review. DOI: 10.1080/00206814.2015.1099479 0.32

2015 Dong G, Fang M, Wang H, Yip S, Cheung HY, Wang F, Wong CY, Chu ST, Ho JC. Insight into the electrochemical activation of carbon-based cathodes for hydrogen evolution reaction Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 3: 13080-13086. DOI: 10.1039/c5ta02551f 0.36

2015 Lv M, Xie W, Sun S, Wu G, Zheng L, Chu S, Gao C, Bao J. Activated-carbon-supported K-Co-Mo catalysts for synthesis of higher alcohols from syngas Catalysis Science and Technology. 5: 2925-2934. DOI: 10.1039/c5cy00083a 0.32

2015 Zhang Q, Jin B, Peng R, Lei S, Chu S. Synthesis and characterization of a potential bifunctional C60-Ih fullerene-based catechol amide ligand Mendeleev Communications. 25: 204-206. DOI: 10.1016/j.mencom.2015.05.015 0.44

2015 Nien HH, Hong CS, Chu SY, Su HH, Lin CH. Influence of bismuth additives on the dielectric properties of Pb(Fe2/3W1/3)0.7Ti0.3O3 ceramics Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 650: 584-591. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2015.07.091 0.36

2015 Lee J, Chu S, Cha J, Choi H, Min K. Effect of the diesel injection strategy on the combustion and emissions of propane/diesel dual fuel premixed charge compression ignition engines Energy. 93: 1041-1052. DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2015.09.032 0.6

2015 Chu SC, Sung Y. Using a consumer socialization framework to understand electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) group membership among brand followers on Twitter Electronic Commerce Research and Applications. 14: 251-260. DOI: 10.1016/j.elerap.2015.04.002 0.32

2015 Liang Y, Lu M, Chu S, Li L, Peng W. Tunable Plasmonic Resonances in the Hexagonal Nanoarrays of Annular Aperture for Biosensing Plasmonics. DOI: 10.1007/s11468-015-0041-0 0.44

2015 Wang X, Jin B, Peng R, Zhang Q, Gong W, Huang H, Chu S, Dong H. Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, thermal stability and compatibility properties of energetic PVB-g-GAP copolymers Journal of Polymer Research. 22. DOI: 10.1007/s10965-015-0819-y 0.44

2015 Cheng P, Roddick JF, Chu SC, Lin CW. Privacy preservation through a greedy, distortion-based rule-hiding method Applied Intelligence. DOI: 10.1007/s10489-015-0671-0 0.56

2015 Zhao J, Jin B, Peng R, Liu Q, Tan B, Chu S. Synthesis and Characterization of a New Energetic Salt based on Dinitramide Zeitschrift Fur Anorganische Und Allgemeine Chemie. 641: 2630-2636. DOI: 10.1002/zaac.201500634 0.44

2015 Huang H, Chu SKW, Chen DYT. Interactions between English-speaking and Chinese-speaking users and librarians on social networking sites Journal of the Association For Information Science and Technology. 66: 1150-1166. DOI: 10.1002/asi.23251 0.64

2015 Ling JR, Tan ZJ, Li J, Chu SL, Li BJ, Liu XW, Liao JQ. Preparation of SiCnw/SiC coating on mid-density C/C composites Fenmo Yejin Cailiao Kexue Yu Gongcheng/Materials Science and Engineering of Powder Metallurgy. 20: 725-731. 0.32

2015 Bu XB, Jin B, Peng RF, Zhao FQ, Chen BL, Chu SJ. Synthesis characterization and thermal performance of fullerene (C60)-bis(2,4,6-trinitrophenethyl)malonate Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan. 37: 760-768.

ID Creationism is really burning up the charts!!!  :D  :)  :p  :D   :)  :p  :D

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,11:36   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 18 2019,11:05)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 18 2019,10:15)

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

just for fun, let's compare the entire scientific 'output' to the publication record of one successful scientist, let's say Steven Chu at Stanford, in one year, 2015:

2015 Chu SH, Lee YJ, Lee YJ, Cleeland CS. [Properties of the Measures to Assess Oxaliplatin-induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Literature Review]. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 45: 783-801. PMID 26805492 DOI: 10.4040/jkan.2015.45.6.783 0.64

2015 Chu ST, Han YH, Koh JA, Kim SJ, Lee HC, Kim SE, Shin YC, Sir JJ, Choi SM, Joo SB. A Case of Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome with Acute Submassive Pulmonary Thromboembolism Treated with Thrombolytic Therapy. Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound. 23: 266-70. PMID 26755937 DOI: 10.4250/jcu.2015.23.4.266 0.56

2015 Lin YY, Chen CM, Huang YH, Lin CY, Chu SY, Hsu MY, Pan KT, Tseng JH. Liver metastasis from hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma: Dynamic computed tomography findings. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 21: 13524-31. PMID 26730164 DOI: 10.3748/wjg.v21.i48.13524 0.48

2015 Chu S, Li HX, Li X, Kang X, Huang QS, Wang HX, Qiu YR. [Role of glycogen synthase kinase 3β in maturation and function of murine myeloid dendritic cells in vitro]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao = Journal of Southern Medical University. 35: 1809-14. PMID 26714922 0.36

2015 Zhang Z, Chu SF, Mou Z, Gao Y, Wang ZZ, Wei GN, Chen NH. Ganglioside GQ1b induces dopamine release through the activation of Pyk2. Molecular and Cellular Neurosciences. PMID 26704905 DOI: 10.1016/j.mcn.2015.12.009 0.44

2015 Chen PF, Liu CL, Lin WK, Chen KC, Chou PT, Chu SW. Fluorescence depletion properties of insulin-gold nanoclusters. Biomedical Optics Express. 6: 3066-73. PMID 26309767 DOI: 10.1364/BOE.6.003066 0.36

2015 Chiang CH, Tsai HY, Zhan TS, Lin HY, Fang YC, Chu SY. Effects of phosphor distribution and step-index remote configuration on the performance of white light-emitting diodes. Optics Letters. 40: 2830-3. PMID 26076273 DOI: 10.1364/OL.40.002830 0.36

2015 Liang Y, Peng W, Lu M, Chu S. Narrow-band wavelength tunable filter based on asymmetric double layer metallic grating. Optics Express. 23: 14434-45. PMID 26072805 DOI: 10.1364/OE.23.014434 0.44

2015 Pu J, Chu S, Wang M, Qian C, Shen X. Expression of BAFF and its specific receptor BAFF-R in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and their significance Chinese Journal of Microbiology and Immunology (China). 35: 821-826. DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0254-5101.2015.11.006 0.4

2015 Li F, Hu XH, Zhou SH, Chu SN, Hui D. Reaction mechanism spectroscopy studies of protein and Orange II Chemical Engineering Transactions. 46: 121-126. DOI: 10.3303/CET1546021 0.36

2015 Shan Q, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Jia W, Cai P, Chu S. Rapid measurement system for sulfur content in coal Nanjing Hangkong Hangtian Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 47: 767-771. DOI: 10.16356/j.1005-2615.2015.05.022 0.4

2015 Xi X, Li W, Li J, Zhu X, Fu C, Wei X, Chu S. A survey of the availability, prices and affordability of essential medicines in Jiangsu Province, China Bmc Health Services Research. 15. DOI: 10.1186/s12913-015-1008-8 0.32

2015 Chiang CH, Tsai HY, Kuo HY, Lin HY, Chu SY. The Investigations of the Pr, Gd, Si-N Doping, and Phosphor Curvature Effects on the Performances of YAG-Based WLEDs Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 98: 2493-2497. DOI: 10.1111/jace.13629 0.36

2015 Zhao L, Chu S, Ma C, Gao X, Yang Y, Liu S, An Q. Precise Clock Synchronization in the Readout Electronics of WCDA in LHAASO Ieee Transactions On Nuclear Science. DOI: 10.1109/TNS.2015.2484381 0.48

2015 Xiang T, Zhao L, Jin X, Wang T, Chu S, Ma C, Liu S, An Q. A 56-ps multi-phase clock time-to-digital convertor based on Artix-7 FPGA 2014 19th Ieee-Npss Real Time Conference, Rt 2014 - Conference Records. DOI: 10.1109/RTC.2014.7097544 0.36

2015 Chu SI, Huang YJ, Lin WC. Authentication Protocol Design and Low-Cost Key Encryption Function Implementation for Wireless Sensor Networks Ieee Systems Journal. DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2015.2487508 0.36

2015 Luo H, Pan TS, Pan JS, Chu SC, Yang B. Development of a Three-Dimensional Multimode Visual Immersive System With Applications in Telepresence Ieee Systems Journal. DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2015.2410533 0.4

2015 Chiang CH, Liu TH, Lin HY, Kuo HY, Chu SY. Effects of flux additives on characteristics of Y2.95Al5O12:0.05Ce3+ Phosphor: Thermal stability and application to WLEDs Ieee/Osa Journal of Display Technology. 11: 466-470. DOI: 10.1109/JDT.2015.2415833 0.36

2015 Zeng Q, Guo W, Chu S, Duan X. Late Jurassic granitoids in the Xilamulun Mo belt, Northeastern China: geochronology, geochemistry, and tectonic implications International Geology Review. DOI: 10.1080/00206814.2015.1099479 0.32

2015 Dong G, Fang M, Wang H, Yip S, Cheung HY, Wang F, Wong CY, Chu ST, Ho JC. Insight into the electrochemical activation of carbon-based cathodes for hydrogen evolution reaction Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 3: 13080-13086. DOI: 10.1039/c5ta02551f 0.36

2015 Lv M, Xie W, Sun S, Wu G, Zheng L, Chu S, Gao C, Bao J. Activated-carbon-supported K-Co-Mo catalysts for synthesis of higher alcohols from syngas Catalysis Science and Technology. 5: 2925-2934. DOI: 10.1039/c5cy00083a 0.32

2015 Zhang Q, Jin B, Peng R, Lei S, Chu S. Synthesis and characterization of a potential bifunctional C60-Ih fullerene-based catechol amide ligand Mendeleev Communications. 25: 204-206. DOI: 10.1016/j.mencom.2015.05.015 0.44

2015 Nien HH, Hong CS, Chu SY, Su HH, Lin CH. Influence of bismuth additives on the dielectric properties of Pb(Fe2/3W1/3)0.7Ti0.3O3 ceramics Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 650: 584-591. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2015.07.091 0.36

2015 Lee J, Chu S, Cha J, Choi H, Min K. Effect of the diesel injection strategy on the combustion and emissions of propane/diesel dual fuel premixed charge compression ignition engines Energy. 93: 1041-1052. DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2015.09.032 0.6

2015 Chu SC, Sung Y. Using a consumer socialization framework to understand electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) group membership among brand followers on Twitter Electronic Commerce Research and Applications. 14: 251-260. DOI: 10.1016/j.elerap.2015.04.002 0.32

2015 Liang Y, Lu M, Chu S, Li L, Peng W. Tunable Plasmonic Resonances in the Hexagonal Nanoarrays of Annular Aperture for Biosensing Plasmonics. DOI: 10.1007/s11468-015-0041-0 0.44

2015 Wang X, Jin B, Peng R, Zhang Q, Gong W, Huang H, Chu S, Dong H. Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, thermal stability and compatibility properties of energetic PVB-g-GAP copolymers Journal of Polymer Research. 22. DOI: 10.1007/s10965-015-0819-y 0.44

2015 Cheng P, Roddick JF, Chu SC, Lin CW. Privacy preservation through a greedy, distortion-based rule-hiding method Applied Intelligence. DOI: 10.1007/s10489-015-0671-0 0.56

2015 Zhao J, Jin B, Peng R, Liu Q, Tan B, Chu S. Synthesis and Characterization of a New Energetic Salt based on Dinitramide Zeitschrift Fur Anorganische Und Allgemeine Chemie. 641: 2630-2636. DOI: 10.1002/zaac.201500634 0.44

2015 Huang H, Chu SKW, Chen DYT. Interactions between English-speaking and Chinese-speaking users and librarians on social networking sites Journal of the Association For Information Science and Technology. 66: 1150-1166. DOI: 10.1002/asi.23251 0.64

2015 Ling JR, Tan ZJ, Li J, Chu SL, Li BJ, Liu XW, Liao JQ. Preparation of SiCnw/SiC coating on mid-density C/C composites Fenmo Yejin Cailiao Kexue Yu Gongcheng/Materials Science and Engineering of Powder Metallurgy. 20: 725-731. 0.32

2015 Bu XB, Jin B, Peng RF, Zhao FQ, Chen BL, Chu SJ. Synthesis characterization and thermal performance of fullerene (C60)-bis(2,4,6-trinitrophenethyl)malonate Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan. 37: 760-768.

ID Creationism is really burning up the charts!!!  :D  :)  :p  :D   :)  :p  :D

Wow, you are quite the asshole, stevie.

Not one of those articles has anything to do with blind watchmaker evolution.

Why don't you focus on that? Or is being a dishonest coward the best you can do?

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,11:36   

Peer-reviewed articles that support the evolution of the genetic code via blind and mindless processes is still zero.

Peer-reviewed articles that support the evolution of eukaryotes via blind and mindless processes is still zero.

eat that, stevie

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,12:17   

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

Just for fun let's compare to the number of blind watchmaker evolution research articles:

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,12:39   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 18 2019,12:17)

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

Just for fun let's compare to the number of blind watchmaker evolution research articles:

That’s it, Joe.  Show that straw man who’s boss.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,13:09   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 18 2019,12:39)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 18 2019,12:17)

Joke:

2010 - 3
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 3

That’s it, Joe.  Show that straw man who’s boss.

Are you saying that Darwin, Mayr, Dawkins, Coyne, et al., promote a straw man version of evolution?

Or are you just an ignorant ass?

Natural selection and evolution: material, blind, mindless, and purposeless

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,13:12   

And how many times do we have to go over this?

Darwin's entire premise was that biological design can be had without an Intelligent Designer- contra Paley.

The modern synthesis has all mutations being chance events- accidents, errors and mistakes. And those who cannot make it are culled. The less fit are eliminated over time.

All allegedly blind, mindless and purposeless processes.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,13:25   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 18 2019,13:12)

Darwin's entire premise was that biological design can be had without an Intelligent Designer- contra Paley.

The modern synthesis has all mutations being chance events- accidents, errors and mistakes. And those who cannot make it are culled. The less fit are eliminated over time.

No, my point is that you think you’re clever to deny that research can show “biological design can be had without an Intelligent Designer- contra Paley” because you don’t see the exact catch-phrase “blind, mindless and purposeless processes”.   You know there are libraries full of that research, and that demanding individual references is silly in the extreme.

You also know that you deny many, many aspects of evolution, but you like to pretend that “ID” only rejects the narrow version so you can have it both ways.

Why can’t you just be honest for 5 minutes, Joe?  Just admit you, personally, reject evolution.  It’ll make you feel better.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,13:53   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 18 2019,13:25)

No, my point is that you think you’re clever to deny that research can show “biological design can be had without an Intelligent Designer- contra Paley” because you don’t see the exact catch-phrase “blind, mindless and purposeless processes”.   You know there are libraries full of that research, and that demanding individual references is silly in the extreme.

You also know that you deny many, many aspects of evolution, but you like to pretend that “ID” only rejects the narrow version so you can have it both ways.

Why can’t you just be honest for 5 minutes, Joe?  Just admit you, personally, reject evolution.  It’ll make you feel better.

Wrong. There aren't any libraries filled with that sort of research. There aren't any models, testable hypotheses or evidence to support evolution by means of blind and mindless processes.

There isn't any research that demonstrates those processes can produce replicating RNAs.

What aspects of evolution do I deny? Only the untestable aspects.

Look, you are just an equivocator. You think that all evolution involves blind and mindless processes. But you just assume it without ever demonstrating any such thing.

"Not By Chance" was published in 1997. Your willful ignorance, while amusing, is still meaningless.

And in what way do I reject evolution when I accept that allele frequencies change over time, descent with modification, genetic drift, and that nature eliminates the less fit?

YOU should try being honest. It may kill you, though

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,13:54   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 18 2019,13:25)

Did you know that Judge Jones refused to accept that peer-reviewed articles support ID just because they didn't say the words he wanted?

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,14:29   

"These books are heavy." 😁

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,15:02   

Quote (fnxtr @ Mar. 18 2019,14:29)
"These books are heavy." 😁

They are very light when it comes to supporting blind watchmaker evolution.

The tactic goes like this:

"Natural selection is the only known process capable of producing adaptations. The following is a long list of adaptations:"

When you search for support for the first sentence it is always found in the second. Weird.

--------------

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 18 2019,15:18   

Hey Joe,

Have you read Dawkins book "the greatest show on Earth"? You should.

22058 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (736) < ... 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]