RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (246) < ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,06:42   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 27 2011,21:50)
Aww, Joe's having a hissy over my comment here:

http://www.antievolution.org/cgi-bin....y183781

specifically:

That's easy - Geocentrism. Clearly spawned from creationist views - tested - and found wanting. Young Earth also.

and he's OUTRAGED, OUTRAGED I tells ta:

What an ignorant puke. Geocentrism was the SCIENTIFIC point of view-

Geocentric Model:

In astronomy, the geocentric model (also known as geocentrism, or the Ptolemaic system), is the superseded theory, that the Earth is the center of the universe, and that all other objects orbit around it. This geocentric model served as the predominant cosmological system in many ancient civilizations such as ancient Greece. As such, most Ancient Greek philosophers assumed that the Sun, Moon, stars, and naked eye planets circled the Earth, including the noteworthy systems of Aristotle (see Aristotelian physics) and Ptolemy.

Aristotle was about 400 BC

But every-one's favourite science textbook (Pt1) is from about 1400 BC

http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/geocentric.shtml

Just a millennia too late, Joe. One of your better efforts.

And if you don't think people don't use scripture to form their cosmological views, I'm sure someone can come up with quite a good example...

IDIOT CHILD.

No hissy-fit, just pointing out your ignorance.

And linking to some other ignorant asshole doesn't help.

Do you think that just because someone can interpret the Bible any way he wants that it makes what he sez true?

You are more pathetic than I thought...

--------------
Chromosomes. are. all. connected. It is one long polymer. Called the DNA. - oleg t

BTW: Joe, our position (i.e. evolution) does NOT require that there existed a species of ape-humans with 47 chromosomes.-Kevin McCarthy, ignorant of genetics

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,06:45   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Feb. 23 2011,07:05)
Man, I was gonna ask that.  Oh welll... I know Joe is too cowardly to answer.

Joe, why is 500 bits the limit?  Please provide detailed calculations and explanations.  Remember we aren't as good smart with much brains as you.

Oh, it's OK, I sitll have  a dozen (That's '12') degreed math types and a handful of Ph.D.s in statistical analysis readyfor your (ahem) answer.  I'm sure they can explain it to me, since you don't asplain too goods.

OK great- get those guys to support their position.

Why is it you have to attack ID with your ignorance when all it takes to refute ID is to actually step up and support your position with POSITIVE evidence?

That's right your position doesn't have any positive evidence for support so you are forced to attack ID.

So the take-away from this is that it bothers you a great deal that your position is a failure.

--------------
Chromosomes. are. all. connected. It is one long polymer. Called the DNA. - oleg t

BTW: Joe, our position (i.e. evolution) does NOT require that there existed a species of ape-humans with 47 chromosomes.-Kevin McCarthy, ignorant of genetics

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,06:53   

Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,06:45)

To what end? They've already won. And their position is supported every day by more and more evidence. That you don't understand that evidence is nobody's problem but your own.

Why is it you have to attack ID with your ignorance when all it takes to refute ID is to actually step up and support your position with POSITIVE evidence?

Already done. You lost. Get over it. And if ID is not anti-evolution why would providing positive evidence for Darwinism refute ID?

That's right your position doesn't have any positive evidence for support so you are forced to attack ID.

No, it's more of a hobby actually.

So the take-away from this is that it bothers you a great deal that your position is a failure.

In fact it bothers you a great deal more, as evidenced by your foul mouth and endless repetitions of the same tired old points.

Funny how the failure of Darwinism is only apparent when viewed through the creationist mind. To everybody else it's a stunning success.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,06:54   

Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,06:42)
Do you think that just because someone can interpret the Bible any way he wants that it makes what he sez true?

Who was Joseph's (of Joseph and Mary fame) father Joe?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,06:55   

Wow! Even after lots of people pointed out to him that it is illogical to say "ID is not anti-evolution" and then say  
all it takes to refute ID is to actually step up and support your position with POSITIVE evidence?

he continues to do that. He is truly the poster child of creationist tard.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,08:24   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ Feb. 28 2011,06:55)
Wow! Even after lots of people pointed out to him that it is illogical to say "ID is not anti-evolution" and then say      
all it takes to refute ID is to actually step up and support your position with POSITIVE evidence?

he continues to do that. He is truly the poster child of creationist tard.

That's why Joe G wears that big "A" for A-hole on his forehead.

--------------
JoeG: And by eating the cake you are consuming the information- some stays with you and the rest is waste.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,08:47   

Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,04:42)

Have you met Floyd Lee? Maybe the two of you should have a chat.

--------------
"But it's disturbing to think someone actually thinks creationism -- having put it's hand on the hot stove every day for the last 400 years -- will get a different result tomorrow." -- midwifetoad

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,09:07   

Quote (fnxtr @ Feb. 28 2011,08:47)
Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,04:42)

Have you met Floyd Lee? Maybe the two of you should have a chat.

Do I think that because Joe G can misinterpret evidence any way he wants (or ignore it completely) anything he sez* is true.

*[sez] Could be Joe G, could be ID guy. One vocabulary, one half a brain, two "different people".

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,09:08   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Feb. 23 2011,07:05)
Man, I was gonna ask that.  Oh welll... I know Joe is too cowardly to answer.

Joe, why is 500 bits the limit?  Please provide detailed calculations and explanations.  Remember we aren't as good smart with much brains as you.

Oh, it's OK, I sitll have  a dozen (That's '12') degreed math types and a handful of Ph.D.s in statistical analysis readyfor your (ahem) answer.  I'm sure they can explain it to me, since you don't asplain too goods.

Joe. You are so stupid! I told you HERE why it's 500. Duh!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,09:46   

502 now.  Because joe flinched and knocked the ashtray off into the floor, so I put my birthday cigar out on his back.  Twice.  

It's funny how much worse a flesh burn stinks when it's a burn on top of a burn on top of a burn.  You'd think that boy would wear the suit we got him for them parties but he insists on nothing but a ball gag and duct tape.  cest la vie.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

sledgehammer

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,10:05   

Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,04:45)

--------------
The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny is alleviated by their lack of consistency. -A. Einstein  (H/T, JAD)
If evolution is true, you could not know that it's true because your brain is nothing but chemicals. ?Think about that. -K. Hovind

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,10:47   

Quote (sledgehammer @ Feb. 28 2011,18:05)
Quote (Joe G @ Feb. 28 2011,04:45)

Hey Joe.

Go down to Homo Depot and get yourself a sack of quickset concrete...

...and harden the fuck up

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"Abbie Smith (ERV) who's got to be the most obnoxious arrogant snot I've ever seen except for when I look in a mirror" DAVE TARD
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,11:10   

Joe, in the, however long it is we've been 'talking', you haven't said one positive thing to support your position.

You are a hypocrite.  

You demand we support our position (what you THINK our position is), but cowardly run away from even the simplest questions about your own position (whatever it actually is).

Cowardly, hypocritical Joe.  Damn, it must be tough be so stupid.  How exactly do you walk and chew gum at the same time?  I mean, you can't even retain three sentences of information (proven fact).

Joe, just walk away.  You can't win, heck, you aren't even the first or second loser.  You're that guy who crashed while trying to get his car out of pit lane.  Never even made it to the racetrack.  Sad...

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,11:48   

Joe, your writing style is truly inimitable. In the whole World Wide Webz, there are two individuals who write like this: Joe G and ID guy.

Google the phrase "your position doesn't have any positive evidence" (quotes required) and you get three hits. One to Joe's Intelligent Reasoning [snicker]. Two to Telic Thoughts: here and here.

Joe, your ability to play hide-and-seek rivals that of a three-year-old!

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,12:44   

Quote (olegt @ Feb. 28 2011,11:48)

Joe, your writing style is truly inimitable. In the whole World Wide Webz, there are two individuals who write like this: Joe G and ID guy.

Google the phrase "your position doesn't have any positive evidence" (quotes required) and you get three hits. One to Joe's Intelligent Reasoning [snicker]. Two to Telic Thoughts: here and here.

Is that a design inference, Oleg?

using 7 bits per letter,

"your position doesn't have any positive evidence"

the above 48 characters gives us 7x48=336 bits.. ooh, so close to teh_UPB! Can I has dezine?

--------------

blipey

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,15:05   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 28 2011,12:44)
Quote (olegt @ Feb. 28 2011,11:48)

Is that a design inference, Oleg?

using 7 bits per letter,

the above 48 characters gives us 7x48=336 bits.. ooh, so close to teh_UPB! Can I has dezine?

However, using the standard JoeG English ASA2ND Language Word Tabulating Algorithm, we see that

actually has 36 words and should more formally be stated thus:

"Your stupid sack of puss stance on the ToE has never once been proved to have been the random chance generating machine that leads to the creation of life, so ID--which is not anti evolution!"

This gives a true information content of 188 X 7 = 1,316 bits.  Yes, Richard, you can haz caek!!!

--------------
But I get the trick question- there isn't any such thing as one molecule of water. -JoeG

And scientists rarely test theories. -Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2011,15:06   

oooh goody a heuristic

joe if rich has made a positive design inference on the basis of 336 (or hell lets be generous, 340!) bits of information, he is far from the threshold of information that guarantees design.  Yet rich and oleg are confident about the strength of their inference and you have provided nothing to remove the support from their position provided by positive evidence.  perhaps 500 bits is too much?

we've have now seen that the Design Inference can be made at levels somewhere around .672 of the critical threshold of bits that instantiate* design in the design inference.

joe in your experiments with apple cider vinegar effects on immune systems, your research into the 2 LoT as it relates to the process of cake baking, entropy and baseball construction, volumetric analysis of of the behavior of water at or near phase change critical thermal thresholds, and the metabolic pathways of watermelon parasitism and symbioses among in closely co-evolved mammal-acariian systems, have you ever found any positive evidence that supports your position that 500 bits is the critical threshold?  

why not 336?  

if you are not ID guy then you will answer that question of course.

*  using that word proves that i am right.  IOW go pound sand.

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,08:13   

Joe would like to meet up!
Or better yet , seeing you want to make this personal, meet me and let's get it over with.

Guess it's lonely in the basement with only ticks to keep you company!

Tard

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,08:34   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Mar. 01 2011,08:13)

Or better yet , seeing you want to make this personal, meet me and let's get it over with.

Tard

Joey Gallien is always looking for new boyfriends.  That's why he flirts with every guy he meets.

He's like the drunk in the bar who propositions every woman who walks by.  99 times out of 100 the sot gets his face slapped, but that 100th time... ;)

--------------
JoeG: And by eating the cake you are consuming the information- some stays with you and the rest is waste.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,08:47   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 01 2011,08:34)

Tard

Joey Gallien is always looking for new boyfriends.  That's why he flirts with every guy he meets.

He's like the drunk in the bar who propositions every woman who walks by.  99 times out of 100 the sot gets his face slapped, but that 100th time... ;)

He got his bad hip from being hammered from behind. Fact.  So be gentle and loving with him.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,08:57   

Joe's confused - he thinsk only 'good mutations' add information.

Ask him about the mutation that causes sickle-cell anaemia. It's clearly removing information (and life expectancy)...until it protects someone from malaria, when it explodes in a glowing halo of information?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/2/l_012_02.html

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,09:32   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 01 2011,08:57)

Ask him about the mutation that causes sickle-cell anaemia. It's clearly removing information (and life expectancy)...until it protects someone from malaria, when it explodes in a glowing halo of information?

Now now, don't confuse the poor man.

He still hasn't figured out that the benefit or harm of mutation depends on the environment of the organism.

Remember, he can't handle more than 2 sentences in memory.  Doing something like compare and contrast is just beyond him.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,10:04   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 01 2011,09:32)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 01 2011,08:57)

Now now, don't confuse the poor man.

He still hasn't figured out that the benefit or harm of mutation depends on the environment of the organism.

Remember, he can't handle more than 2 sentences in memory.  Doing something like compare and contrast is just beyond him.

Longer fingers: better for nose picking, worse for coal mining.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,10:13   

MOAR_JOE_WISDOMS:

"Getting something back that you lost isn't an increase."

Someone tell all those companies who claim 'increased revenues' after previous declines during the recession that "Getting something back that you lost isn't an increase." and they are puss-filled bags of shit IOW can't support their positions.

Only on the internet can you meet someone as stupid as Joe.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,11:09   

So if I lose $50 in the stock market, but I don't sell the stock and it eventually gets back to where it was, the stock didn't increase?

So if I sold the stock at a loss and then invested in something else that made a gain of $50, then that stock didn't increase?

Dude has lost it... if he ever had it.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,11:14   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 01 2011,09:34)

Tard

one delirious old sot i used to know leered real big and said (with one eye drunk shut)

"bump em hard you can fuck two out of ten"

but he was lying IOW can't support his position with positive evidence.

JoeG on the other hand supports his position with two hands against the guard rail

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,12:34   

Joe G said...
Thortard:
How can the number of bits stay the same but the SI go down when you defined the SI as the number of bits?

Because you would also factor in functionality when doing a comparison.

12:00 PM

Hmmm factor in functionality sounds quite mathy. No doubt Joe will enlighten us with another complete example with full workings.

MOAR_CAEK!

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,12:55   

Bonus:

How do you know matter is made from energy? Energy could be made from matter and information.

Hmmmmm. Purest Tard. I'm off for a blissful nap.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,13:00   

i tell you what that ignoramus has kept me laughing my nuts off for YEARS.

i'd say it's got to be a Poe but fuck no troll has that kind of stamina.

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2011,13:14   

I've been waiting a loooooong time to use that one (although I could have done much sooner).

To Joe:

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

7365 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (246) < ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]