RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,12:59   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Feb. 01 2011,10:41)

Yeah, I'm feeling the urge to sock up and ask Gordy to actually demonstrate the usage of the EF rather then just talking about it.

Then I'll ask, again, why he does not publish any of his "work" on the EF. And when he says "it would not get published anyway due to darwin controlled journals" I'll respond that it'll never be published if he does not even try.
Indium has additional advice to help KF publishing his important both new and interesting findings:      
Indium
02/01/2011
12:29 pm

kf:
Nobel price material indeed. I urge you to submit your thoughts to the (relatively) new and active ID journal bio-complexity. You will need to reformat a few things (many people would love to help with that) and maybe go into some more depth here and there but you have everything for a great article at your disposal. I would also add a FOSCID calculation of a reasonable simple biological system. I bet they would be very happy to accept your paper!
(emphasis mine)
I am afraid KF will not appreciate Indium's help much longer.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,13:42   

Well hot damm. I only hope that nobody, nobody suggests they trot off to http://researchid.org/ and start a collaborative project to write up all of Gordon's guff and submit it for publication.

I mean, it's a Wiki. Anybody can edit it. They've got time on their hands. Substantial amounts of it by all accounts.

So. Gordon. What's the hold up? Publish or perish...

Blue Lotus:  
17] 37, Tell me, if these ideological and philosphical agendas are so offensive to you then why don’t you pull your finger out and publish the work which you say proves a designer was required for life.

Gordy:  
As to the peer reviewed publications issue, despite resistance by any means deemed necessary by the materialist establishment, these are mounting up paper by paper, and I have already given a review by Abel.

What a pathetic bastard. I asked why *you* refuse to publish Gordon. You answered a different question....

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,13:49   

Check out the "recent" activity at researchid.org

http://researchid.org/w....mit=500

JosephCCampana muttering to himself and the occasional fight with spam-linkbots. Funny stuff...

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,14:01   

More fast facts on ID? I'd rather have fast food from that place down the street...

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,14:25   

Fast fact on ID: ID is pure, unadulterated caca...

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,17:35   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Feb. 01 2011,10:09)
I produce computer simulations using what is arguably the most sophisticated Finite Element Analysis program

Not to brag or anything, but I produce images using what is arguably the most sophisticated image editing program ever written.

Not to brag or anything, but I once calculated the gravitational force between two objects using one of the most sophisticated equations ever designed.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

sledgehammer

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,17:59   

Quote (olegt @ Jan. 31 2011,20:34)
There is a new post up at UD. Guess who wrote it? Here is the first sentence to clue you in:

In my work in aerospace R&D I produce computer simulations using what is arguably the most sophisticated Finite Element Analysis program ever developed: LS-DYNA.

So Gil's job is to run a canned simulation software tool?  Big whoop.

--------------
The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny is alleviated by their lack of consistency. -A. Einstein  (H/T, JAD)
If evolution is true, you could not know that it's true because your brain is nothing but chemicals. ?Think about that. -K. Hovind

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,18:28   

Quote (sledgehammer @ Feb. 01 2011,18:59)
Quote (olegt @ Jan. 31 2011,20:34)
There is a new post up at UD. Guess who wrote it? Here is the first sentence to clue you in:

In my work in aerospace R&D I produce computer simulations using what is arguably the most sophisticated Finite Element Analysis program ever developed: LS-DYNA.

So Gil's job is to run a canned simulation software tool?  Big whoop.

I spent more than 20 years maintaining software & Gil frillware makes me want to puke.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,19:58   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Feb. 01 2011,15:35)
Quote (midwifetoad @ Feb. 01 2011,10:09)
I produce computer simulations using what is arguably the most sophisticated Finite Element Analysis program

Not to brag or anything, but I produce images using what is arguably the most sophisticated image editing program ever written.

Not to brag or anything, but I once calculated the gravitational force between two objects using one of the most sophisticated equations ever designed.

I can count to a hunderd.

--------------
"But it's disturbing to think someone actually thinks creationism -- having put it's hand on the hot stove every day for the last 400 years -- will get a different result tomorrow." -- midwifetoad

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,21:34   

Not to brag or anything but I produce the most sophisticated Beef Stroganoff using the best beef known in the Universe.

And, I do it by hand without computers.

(That's what she said.)

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,23:11   

I really wonder how people who get the basics of biochemistry, molecular and cytogenetics as wrong as PAV dare to criticize evolution theory:    
PaV
02/01/2011
6:57 pm

Here’s a link that gives a good overview of this article.

I believe this is the “tip of the iceberg”.

I’ve often wondered how it is that DNA can combine strands which have different alleles. It would appear, on the surface, that the bonding would get all messed up unless the two strands, male and female, were exactly the same. DNA had to have a method to get around this mismatching. I suspect this Hoogsteen base-pairing might be intimately connected.

As to neo-Darwinism, if it couldn’t explain the functionality of Crick-Watson DNA, it hasn’t a chance with this configuration, this “excited state”.

Another day, another bad day for Darwinism!!!
(emphasis mine)

Luckily, there are some remaining voices at UD who carpet him for this BS:

CharlesJ
02/01/2011
9:21 pm

PaV:

Each allele is not on a single strand of DNA, it’s on a double strand. We receive double stranded DNA from our mother and double stranded DNA from our father.

Same thing with recombination: both strands are exchanged, so no problem of complementarity either.

Aberrant pairing on complementary strands leads to a structure that is recognized by DNA repair mechanisms and is promptly removed.

I wonder how Dr. Behe can run his blog in such an environment.
Will he weigh in on DNA sequneces resulting in alternative conformations? He had a least two papers on DNA conformation one of which says
An overabundance of long oligopurine tracts occurs in the genome of simple and complex eukaryotes.
M J Behe

A search of sequence information in the GenBank files shows that tracts of 15-30 contiguous purines are greatly overrepresented in all eukaryotic species examined, ranging from yeast to human. Such an overabundance does not occur in prokaryotic sequences. The large increase in the number of oligopurine tracts cannot be explained as a simple consequence of base composition, nearest-neighbor frequencies, or the occurrence of an overabundance of oligoadenosine tracts. Oligopurine sequences have previously been shown to be versatile structural elements in DNA, capable of occuring in several alternate conformations. Thus the bias toward long oligopurine tracts in eukaryotic DNA may reflect the usefulness of these structurally versatile sequences in cell function.
(emphasis mine)

I am afraid that rather than correcting PaV Behe or C. Luskin will claim that ID predicted what's in the Evgenia et al paper

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2011,23:15   

GilDodgen
02/01/2011
10:42 pm

Jimpithecus: “Dr. Dogen writes:”

Thanks for the honorary Ph.D.! I’ve always wanted one. Unfortunately, my three college degrees are in music (concert pianist) and foreign language and literature (French).
Dumbest Asshat EVER.

--------------

- William Dembski -

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,07:06   

Quote (sparc @ Feb. 02 2011,07:15)

GilDodgen
02/01/2011

Thanks for the honorary Ph.D.! I’ve always wanted one. Unfortunately, my three college degrees are in music (concert pianist) and foreign language and literature (French).
Dumbest Asshat EVER.

Ah buuut may we ma chereee!

The frill is such a tease isn't he?

Does he play requests?

How about "Teh dribbling pioano player does ID at Montmartre"

or "Waterloo"?

fuck how much more hopeless can those useless cunts get?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"Abbie Smith (ERV) who's got to be the most obnoxious arrogant snot I've ever seen except for when I look in a mirror" DAVE TARD
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,07:10   

Quote (sparc @ Feb. 02 2011,05:15)
GilDodgen
02/01/2011

Dumbest Asshat EVER.

Lemme guess: the third one was for something to do with sequins?

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,12:44   

Dumbest argument ever for dualism? Courtesy of StephenB:
It is clear that two entities possessed by the individual must be involved for the placebo effect to work. If B [the changed state of an organ called the brain] is influenced, then it is also clear that B did not change itself, and therefore, A [a different kind of entity had to change it]. Further, A must be more powerful than B, which again, shows then A must be a different kind of entity than B.

Only two possible candidates exist as the changing and more powerful entity: the suggestion itself or an immaterial faculty of mind, or both. In either case, the materialist explanation fails. [A] must be a different kind of entity than B if A is to change B or if it has more power than B. Put another way, if A is MORE POWERFUL than B, or can override the impulses of B, then A must be a different kind of entity than B. The most reasonable explanation for this state of affairs is that a non-material FACULTY [mind] changed the state of a material ORGAN [brain].

Materialism tries to say that A and B are one and the same entity, and that this singular entity changed itself and is MORE POWERFUL THAN ITSELF. It is a ridiculous argument. You are free to provide your own modifications, and you have been asked many times to do so.

--------------
After much reflection I finally realized that the best way to describe the cause of the universe is: the great I AM.

--GilDodgen

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,13:22   

Dumbest argument ever for ID? Gordon provides:

Strictly, we do not know that cows evolved, or that they evolved to eat grass. On general principles and the plausibility of macro-evolution as an inference on natural history — though not an observed fact — many would conclude that cows did evolve, and as grass-eating animals. Others might want to point out that the body plan involved is well beyond the FSCO/I threshold, so there is a serious question whether we have a mechanism per Darwinist evolutionary theory, that would substantiate that claim, much less observed evidence that would make it conclusive as “fact.”

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,13:28   

Quote (Raevmo @ Feb. 02 2011,13:44)

It is clear that two entities possessed by the individual must be involved for the placebo effect to work. If B [the changed state of an organ called the brain] is influenced, then it is also clear that B did not change itself, and therefore, A [a different kind of entity had to change it]. Further, A must be more powerful than B, which again, shows then A must be a different kind of entity than B.

Only two possible candidates exist as the changing and more powerful entity: the suggestion itself or an immaterial faculty of mind, or both. In either case, the materialist explanation fails. [A] must be a different kind of entity than B if A is to change B or if it has more power than B. Put another way, if A is MORE POWERFUL than B, or can override the impulses of B, then A must be a different kind of entity than B. The most reasonable explanation for this state of affairs is that a non-material FACULTY [mind] changed the state of a material ORGAN [brain].

Materialism tries to say that A and B are one and the same entity, and that this singular entity changed itself and is MORE POWERFUL THAN ITSELF. It is a ridiculous argument. You are free to provide your own modifications, and you have been asked many times to do so.

A diagrammatic representation of StephenB's dualism:

Does StephenA govern StephenB?

And why stop with B?

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,16:43   

Quote (Raevmo @ Feb. 02 2011,12:44)

WTF?  The brain is not some simple "organ" - it's highly complex with multiple components working in different ways, and one component can have an effect on the other.  Has this idjit never heard of feedback loops or self-regulating systems?  It sounds like he thinks the brain is a simple lump - well, maybe for him it is, but it's not.

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,17:12   

StephenB's "argument" is utterly bizarre.

A changes B, therefore A is "more powerful" than B? Therefore A is of a "different kind" than B?

WTF?

If I send an email to B. Hussein Obama (joke), and he reads it, I will have changed his state of mind. Therefore, I am more powerful than BHO. That makes so much sense. And since I and BHO are both part of the universe, that means teh universe is MORE POWERFUL THAN ITSELF, and therefore it doesn't exist, QED.

--------------
After much reflection I finally realized that the best way to describe the cause of the universe is: the great I AM.

--GilDodgen

sledgehammer

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2011,20:10   

What I find bizarre (and telling) is what Stephen B. accepts as axiomatically "clear", requiring no further justification:

1) It is clear that two entities possessed by the individual must be involved for the placebo effect to work.

2) If B [the changed state of an organ called the brain] is influenced, then it is also clear that B did not change itself.

Wow. Even if the above assertions were stated as premises, the circular logic that follows would nullify any conclusions.  "Right Reason" indeed.

--------------
The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny is alleviated by their lack of consistency. -A. Einstein  (H/T, JAD)
If evolution is true, you could not know that it's true because your brain is nothing but chemicals. ?Think about that. -K. Hovind

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2011,11:43   

Quote (Raevmo @ Feb. 02 2011,15:12)

A changes B, therefore A is "more powerful" than B? Therefore A is of a "different kind" than B?

WTF?

If I send an email to B. Hussein Obama (joke), and he reads it, I will have changed his state of mind. Therefore, I am more powerful than BHO. That makes so much sense. And since I and BHO are both part of the universe, that means teh universe is MORE POWERFUL THAN ITSELF, and therefore it doesn't exist, QED.

If God doesn't exist, nothing can change God's state of mind.  Therefore God is more powerful than anything else.  

Therefore Jesus.  QED.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it.
- Robert Byers

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2011,11:45   

Quote (Raevmo @ Feb. 02 2011,18:12)

WTF?

sheeeeeeeeyit that moffucka ain't readin ur emails bitch please roflmcopter

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2011,12:58   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Feb. 03 2011,11:45)

Quote (Raevmo @ Feb. 02 2011,18:12)

WTF?

sheeeeeeeeyit that moffucka ain't readin ur emails bitch please roflmcopter

<kwok>Of course he is - Barry and I went to the same high school</kwok>

--------------

--GilDodgen

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2011,15:36   

[QUOTE]Dumbest argument ever for dualism? Courtesy of StephenB:

Soooo...waaaait...does this mean StephenB thinks that placebos actually affect the soul which in turn tricks the brain into thinking that the placebo actually had the desired medicinal effect? Or is the mind something different from the soul?

I'm so confused...

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

steve_h

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2011,17:36   

Quote (Robin @ Feb. 03 2011,22:36)
[quote=Raevmo,Feb. 02 2011,12:44]

Soooo...waaaait...does this mean StephenB thinks that placebos actually affect the soul which in turn tricks the brain into thinking that the placebo actually had the desired medicinal effect? Or is the mind something different from the soul?

I'm so confused...

StephenB is entirely correct. The mind knows how to fix most medicinal problems, but it feels it must wait until a doctor gives it the go-ahead in the form of a sugar pill (or whatever). Once the Doctor's approval has been given, the mind can twiddle exactly those neurons, synapses and such that the mind knows will cause the body to fix itself.
What I don't understand is how, although my mind knows all this brain twiddling stuff, I still know fuck all about it.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 04 2011,06:26   

[quote=steve_h,Feb. 03 2011,18:36]

I'm so confused...

StephenB is entirely correct. The mind knows how to fix most medicinal problems, but it feels it must wait until a doctor gives it the go-ahead in the form of a sugar pill (or whatever). Once the Doctor's approval has been given, the mind can twiddle exactly those neurons, synapses and such that the mind knows will cause the body to fix itself.
What I don't understand is how, although my mind knows all this brain twiddling stuff, I still know fuck all about it.

It's not that complicated.

For example, my soul just told my mind to tell my brain to tell my eyes to read what you've written. My eyes conveyed information to my brain, which passed it to my mind and up the pipe to my soul. My soul nodded approval, and told my mind to tell my brain to tell my fingers to type this, to let you know.

Explains about everything.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 04 2011,07:05   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOAuh_MFA4U

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 04 2011,07:14   

Quote (Robin @ Feb. 03 2011,15:36)

I'm so confused...

So a placebo is greater than the soul?

--------------
Tard Acquisition and Repository Department

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 04 2011,07:21   

Quote (steve_h @ Feb. 04 2011,01:36)
[quote=Raevmo,Feb. 02 2011,12:44]

I'm so confused...

Digestion is teh cruelist emotion

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"Abbie Smith (ERV) who's got to be the most obnoxious arrogant snot I've ever seen except for when I look in a mirror" DAVE TARD

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 04 2011,07:22   

Quote (Zachriel @ Feb. 04 2011,15:14)
Quote (Robin @ Feb. 03 2011,15:36)

I'm so confused...

So a placebo is greater than the soul?

No..... teh soul has no place to go.

--------------

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]