RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
bystander

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 12 2008,19:08   

Has somebody told WAD that there are atheists on the site? Have they lost the bannanation button? Stay tuned ...

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 12 2008,21:50   

Patrick learned a lot from Sarah Palin:
Nowadays, real SETI researchers aren’t even looking for prime number sequences like what was proposed by Sagan.
Next he may point to unreal SETI research done - I kid you not - in Paris, France.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 12 2008,22:18   

BTW, Nature's own Adam Rutherford replied to idnet.com.au. He drilled a rich TARD bonanza that hopefully will keep delivering for some time . E.g.:         
gpuccio
ID is a scientific theory. Pandas and People, in all its versions, is a book. Which, by the way, I have never read. I am really surprised that you have difficulties in understanding the difference.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 12 2008,22:25   

I was just thinking about Pandas and People yestidy. You have a creationism textbook, and at some point the ID people take it and change all the words "Creationism" to "Intelligent Design", and "Creationist" to "Intelligent Design Theorist", and yet there are still people so dumb and willfully blinkered that they can know that, and still insist ID is not creationism. It just boggles the mind.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 12 2008,22:29   

Quote (sparc @ Nov. 12 2008,23:18)
BTW, Nature's own Adam Rutherford replied to idnet.com.au. He drilled a rich TARD bonanza that hopefully will keep delivering for some time . E.g.:          
gpuccio
ID is a scientific theory. Pandas and People, in all its versions, is a book. Which, by the way, I have never read. I am really surprised that you have difficulties in understanding the difference.

To preserve the comment:

adamrutherford

11/12/2008

8:13 am

@DaveScot: try this page, it should help you understand why your post is both nonsensical and ignorant.
http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Evolution_doesn%27t_make_predictions

hahahahaha.

bystander

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,00:11   

A bit of a dilemma for Dave. He has been pwned but can he actually banninate somebody from Nature.

nuytsia

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,01:04   

Quote (sparc @ Nov. 12 2008,13:50)
Patrick learned a lot from Sarah Palin:      
Nowadays, real SETI researchers aren’t even looking for prime number sequences like what was proposed by Sagan.
Next he may point to unreal SETI research done - I kid you not - in Paris, France.

Their obsession with Seti is probably due to confusion.
They mistake SETI researchers with SETTEE researchers*, which UD is full of.

*Like armchair generals, but with less style

Reed

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,02:43   

Quote (bystander @ Nov. 12 2008,22:11)
A bit of a dilemma for Dave. He has been pwned but can he actually banninate somebody from Nature.

I predict:

OTOH, silent bannination followed by declaring victory would also fit past observation.

Advocatus Diaboli

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,03:57   

Quote (bystander @ Nov. 13 2008,00:11)

The bigger the bannination, the bigger, err, notch on Dave's belt.

--------------
I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

"I freely admit I’m a sociopath" - DaveScot

"Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID." - scordova

"UD is the greatest website of all time." stevestory

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,07:02   

DaveScot: The language in the following paper is hilarious.

The scientists do not know how the cellular machinery guiding this process may have originated, but they emphatically said it does not buttress the case for intelligent design, a controversial notion that posits the existence of a creator responsible for complexity in nature.

So the research doesn't support a creator. Yet...

--------------
Tard Acquisition and Repository Department

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,07:13   

gpuccio: You cannot explain biological information without a designer, and you cannot explain the process of design only on the basis of the laws of matter...

Shortly thereafter.

Joseph:  And ID does NOT posit the existence of a creator responsible for complexity in nature.

I'm having troubles reading the text on Uncommon Descent, some sort of troubles with the background colors. I apologize for the multiple edits.

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,09:55   

Quote (Zachriel @ Nov. 13 2008,07:13)

gpuccio: You cannot explain biological information without a designer, and you cannot explain the process of design only on the basis of the laws of matter...

Shortly thereafter.

Joseph:  And ID does NOT posit the existence of a creator responsible for complexity in nature.

I'm having troubles reading the text on Uncommon Descent, some sort of troubles with the background colors. I apologize for the multiple edits.

This totally begs someone to go over there and post " amen".

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

steve_h

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,11:04   

Quote (Zachriel @ Nov. 13 2008,13:13)

Shortly thereafter.

It's simple. When Gods says "let there be light" and then there is light, that's creation; But when an alien designs light and then there is light, that's only design.

dnmlthr

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,16:29   

Oh well, at least we will always have paris the tard.

--------------
Guess what? I don't give a flying f*ck how "science works" - Ftk

Benny H

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,22:50   

Dembski's quitting UD so he can spend more time doing research. Now that he's rolled up his sleeves we can expect Waterloo any day now.

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,22:59   

Barry has organized UD as a non-profit corporation and plans to take UD in some new directions that will increase its readership, sense of community, and impact.
Will DaveScot have a future over there?

--------------

- William Dembski -

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,23:41   

Wow -- it looks like the changing weather caused Doug Moron to crawl out from under his rock:

Douglas Moran

11/14/2008

12:20 am
Bill - Congrats on your new research focus. It is a wonderful use of your God-given intellect. Let us know if you need any support.

Barry - you have a tough act to follow but I have a feeling you’re up to it. Go get ‘em!

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number.  -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,23:48   

OK, if Dembski does step away from UD, that would certainly be something I did not see coming.

Anybody seen any sign of the publication of the Dembski-Marks paper yet?

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 13 2008,23:52   

Barry has organized UD as a non-profit corporation
Has it been for profit before? If so did WMAD profited from my comments?

--------------

- William Dembski -

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:03   

This could put the mention and pic of Dr Dr D currently on Conservapedia's main page in a new light. Caption:

Intelligent design leader William Dembski recommends reading Conservapedia's atheism and evolution articles.[13] Major developments are expected soon in relation to Conservapedia's evolution article! According to the journal Science, the evolutionary position is slowly losing support in the United States. [14] Watch this trend continue or perhaps accelerate! Stay tuned for further details!

My bolding.

Edited because I always spot a small mistake after posting.

--------------
“To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.” - Isaac Asimov

"Grow up, assface" - Joe G., grown up ID spokesperson, Sandwalk, April 2014

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:03   

Quote (keiths @ Nov. 14 2008,00:41)
Wow -- it looks like the changing weather caused Doug Moron to crawl out from under his rock:

Douglas Moran

11/14/2008

12:20 am
Bill - Congrats on your new research focus. It is a wonderful use of your God-given intellect. Let us know if you need any support.

Barry - you have a tough act to follow but I have a feeling you’re up to it. Go get ‘em!

DUDE! All week I'm been wondering where Doug Moron was. This feels like when you think about calling someone, and then the phone rings and it's them. Freaky.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:08   

13 November 2008
Change at UD
William Dembski

As of tomorrow (Friday, November 14th), Barry Arrington assumes the leadership of UD. After more than three years at the helm, I’m finally stepping down. I expect I’ll still be posting here occasionally, but my energies will go more and more into technical ID research. Robert Marks and I continue to crank away at papers and have finally cracked the peer-review barrier in the information sciences with a paper on conservation of information (stay tuned at www.EvoInfo.org for a formal announcement).

Barry has organized UD as a non-profit corporation and plans to take UD in some new directions that will increase its readership, sense of community, and impact. Take it away Barry!

http://www.uncommondescent.com/adminstrative/change-at-ud/

So Dembski's pulling a Mike Gene. Abandoning his website and leaving someone who's not even nominally a scientist in charge. (Bradford at TT, Barry at UD).

What is going to happen to Davetard?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:20   

Quote (dnmlthr @ Nov. 13 2008,17:29)
Oh well, at least we will always have paris the tard.

Does Gil look slightly strabismic in that photo, or is it just me?

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:36   

i don't think it's a squint as much as a squink.  or a squoink.  yeah he is definitely that.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:41   

It looks like his right eye (camera left) is slightly exotropic. But it's hard to tell.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,00:44   

Dr. Dr. D. could have phrased this better:
Robert Marks and I continue to crank away at papers

I also see they have a "Donate" button now, for ease of fleecing.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,07:49   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Nov. 14 2008,00:44)
Dr. Dr. D. could have phrased this better:
Robert Marks and I continue to crank away at papers

If you still have access over there, could you please ask Barry if he plans to continue the tradition that Dembski began of Friday Meltdowns?

Thanks!

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Paul Flocken

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,08:19   

Quote (stevestory @ Nov. 12 2008,23:25)
I was just thinking about Pandas and People yestidy. You have a creationism textbook, and at some point the ID people take it and change all the words "Creationism" to "Intelligent Design", and "Creationist" to "Intelligent Design Theorist", and yet there are still people so dumb and willfully blinkered that they can know that, and still insist ID is not creationism. It just boggles the mind.

They have to insist or their souls are in jeopardy.  Sad really.

--------------
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived, and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.  Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."-John F. Kennedy

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,08:36   

Quote (Benny H @ Nov. 13 2008,22:50)
Dembski's quitting UD so he can spend more time doing research. Now that he's rolled up his sleeves we can expect Waterloo any day now.

Dembski's no Napoleon. Both are megalomanics who made a muck of things, but Napoleon was a much snazzier dresser.

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Nov. 13 2008,23:48)
OK, if Dembski does step away from UD, that would certainly be something I did not see coming.

That just goes to show that scientologists scientists don't know everything. Where's your previsionary scientism now!

Quote (sparc @ Nov. 13 2008,23:52)

Barry has organized UD as a non-profit corporation
Has it been for profit before? If so did WMAD profited from my comments?

All your comments are belong to us © Uncommon Descent.

Quote (Ptaylor @ Nov. 14 2008,00:03)
Edited because I always spot a small mistake after posting.

Evidence of the Designer.

Quote (stevestory @ Nov. 14 2008,00:03)
DUDE! All week I'm been wondering where Doug Moron was. This feels like when you think about calling someone, and then the phone rings and it's them. Freaky.

More evidence of the Designer.

Quote (stevestory @ Nov. 14 2008,00:08)
So Dembski's pulling a Mike Gene. Abandoning his website and leaving someone who's not even nominally a scientist in charge. (Bradford at TT, Barry at UD).

It's noticed, you know. Your attitude is noticed. Your corrupt, materialist, ideological bigotry is noticed.

Quote (stevestory @ Nov. 14 2008,00:08)
What is going to happen to Davetard?

That's too disturbing to contemplate. Let's think about that later.

Quote (Bob O'H @ Nov. 14 2008,00:44)

Definitive proof of the Designer.

--------------

Gunthernacus

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 14 2008,08:46   

Robert Marks and I continue to crank away at papers...

Crank? Telling.

So Dembski has done his business at the litter box known as UD - time to Barry it.

--------------
Given that we are all descended from Adam and Eve...genetic defects as a result of intra-family marriage would not begin to crop up until after the first few dozen generations. - Dr. Hugh Ross

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]