RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (121) < ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... >   
  Topic: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed., Sternberg, Gonzalez, Crocker - A film< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: July 14 2008,12:12   

Quote (Kristine @ July 03 2008,11:16)
I suppose that science is just some guy in a white robe?

What is wrong with this picture?

1- Jesus is 50 feet tall

2- Jesus is hitching for ride when He already has one.

3- Jesus is riding side saddle.

4- To accurately portray theistic evolution, the dinosaurs should be riding Jesus.

--------------
I’m referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter
I’m not an evolutionist, I’m a change in allele frequentist! - Nakashima

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: July 14 2008,12:31   

Quote (keiths @ July 14 2008,17:44)
Quote (Louis @ July 14 2008,09:11)

Quote (EyeNoU @ July 14 2008,16:40)
Nice alliteration, Louis. Spiro Agnew couldn't top that.

Spiro T Agnew? The world's favourite anagram?

To those pondering this, the classic anagram is of "Spiro Agnew" without the "T".

Unless you had something else in mind, Louis?

Absolutely!

Well.....possibly.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

dogdidit

(Permalink) Posted: July 14 2008,12:36   

Quote (keiths @ July 14 2008,11:44)

Quote (Louis @ July 14 2008,09:11)

Quote (EyeNoU @ July 14 2008,16:40)
Nice alliteration, Louis. Spiro Agnew couldn't top that.

Spiro T Agnew? The world's favourite anagram?

To those pondering this, the classic anagram is of "Spiro Agnew" without the "T".

Unless you had something else in mind, Louis?

Oh that. GROW A ... SPINE? PINES? SNIPE? Uh...

Here's fun:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

Got 3,500 anagrams for "Spiro Agnew". Adding the "T" -- he never left home without it -- yielded over 16,000. A cursory glance at the 16,000 yielded "Orating Spew". Works for me...nattering nabob of negativity that I am. :)

--------------
"Humans carry plants and animals all over the globe, thus introducing them to places they could never have reached on their own. That certainly increases biodiversity." - D'OL

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 14 2008,12:52   

I'm rather fond of this one:

Pawn Orgies

--------------
Lou FCD is still in school, so we should only count him as a baby biologist. -carlsonjok -deprecated
I think I might love you. Don't tell Deadman -Wolfhound

Work-friendly photography
NSFW photography

celdd

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2008,13:17   

In case you missed it, you (with your closest 299 friends and $1800 to $2400) can still see Expelled!!

But you need to hurry - this offer is only good for this summer!

For details see here.

Kinda desperate if you ask me.  Why not wait for the DVD and play it in the church basement?

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2008,13:30   

Quote (celdd @ July 15 2008,13:17)
In case you missed it, you (with your closest 299 friends and $1800 to $2400) can still see Expelled!!

For details see here.

Kinda desperate if you ask me.  Why not wait for the DVD and play it in the church basement?

Because Nazi Darwinists goose-stepping just doesn't have the same impact on the small screen

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2008,13:32   

Quote (celdd @ July 15 2008,13:17)

For details see here.

Ha!  Easy answer!

From the Review section, J. Matt Barber says "
“EXPELLED is earthshaking. I was absolutely blown away."

ASFAIK, you don't get a lot of BJAction™ in Church Basements...l

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Jake

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2008,13:36   

the persecution of fellow professionals who believe there is evidence to indicate intelligent design (God) in nature. They'll be shocked when they watch Ben uncover the stronghold an elite few with a particular worldview (Atheism) have over mainstream academia...

Expelled

Wait, Im confused, I thought ID wasn't about squeezing Jesus into science?

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2008,12:48   

Quote (Jake @ July 15 2008,11:36)
the persecution of fellow professionals who believe there is evidence to indicate intelligent design (God) in nature. They'll be shocked when they watch Ben uncover the stronghold an elite few with a particular worldview (Atheism) have over mainstream academia...

Expelled

Wait, Im confused, I thought ID wasn't about squeezing Jesus into science?

At this stage, ID is about whatever ID needs to be about in order to maximise the separation of fools from their money.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it.
- Robert Byers

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2008,13:20   

Ok, I've been busy for the last 3 weeks and pretty much offline so to speak.

Just catching up I see Expelled flopped in Canada, worse than in the US.  Check.  Kevin Miller is still spouting nonsense.  Check.  Ben Stein is still the most ignorant man in north america.  Check.

Have I missed anything else?

Chris

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2008,18:02   

Quick sign up for your DVD copy due at amazon in october!  See more here

And for those of you who suffered through this pig of a flick feel free to leave a review.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2008,19:08   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ July 17 2008,11:20)
Ok, I've been busy for the last 3 weeks and pretty much offline so to speak.

Just catching up I see Expelled flopped in Canada, worse than in the US.  Check.  Kevin Miller is still spouting nonsense.  Check.  Ben Stein is still the most ignorant man in north america.  Check.

Have I missed anything else?

Chris

Well, some dirtbag sent an email to Myers threatening him with violence and got his wife canned from her job at the florists'. Oh yeah, that and Joy's still a loon and FTK's still an idiot.

So no, not much new.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

JonF

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2008,08:18   

It's B-A-A-A-A-C-K!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385344,00.html

The controversial film "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" will be re-released theatrically this summer across the United States to celebrate the film's legal victory over Yoko Ono, according to the documentary's producers. ...

"We had many individuals and groups who had planned to see the film, but decided not to because the cloud of doubt this lawsuit brought to the film," noted one of the film's producers, John Sullivan.

"We came out of the gate with strong momentum only to have our integrity questioned by this frivolous lawsuit. While we're thrilled with the film's having earned nearly $8 million during its first run; we've heard from enough people and groups who want to see it in their theaters that we've agreed to re-release it this time without an undeserved cloud over its head."

How does a lawsuit over content deter people from going to see a film? I guess it would increase the audience.

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2008,13:42   

I had missed this Canadian review.

Assembled by Nathan Frankowski, who did some Bush-lionizing on The Path to 9/11, this journey into ignorance is hosted by Ben Stein, a former Nixon speechwriter whose deadpan face was introduced in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: July 29 2008,18:31   

Ahh and Denyse had such big expectations for Expelled in Canada.  Seems they saw much less of it than us and hated it more, if that's possible.  What's a canadian fundy to do?  I suppose this brought Denyse and Kevin Miller B closer in a spiritual yet consensual way.

I'm not sure why I'm bumping this, maybe I hate to see no one making fun of it anymore.

We need some new Ben Stein jokes.

--------------

EyeNoU

(Permalink) Posted: July 29 2008,20:23   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ July 29 2008,18:31)
Ahh and Denyse had such big expectations for Expelled in Canada.  Seems they saw much less of it than us and hated it more, if that's possible.  What's a canadian fundy to do?  I suppose this brought Denyse and Kevin Miller B closer in a spiritual yet consensual way.

I'm not sure why I'm bumping this, maybe I hate to see no one making fun of it anymore.

We need some new Ben Stein jokes.

Ben should revive his game show, only with a new twist. He could make the top prize an all expenses paid date with Jonathan Wells, and call the new show "Win Ben Stein's Moonie".......

Advocatus Diaboli

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 09 2008,17:28   

Brace yourselves! Expelled!-dvd is coming! I got email from Disco Insitute:

Help Us Get Lawmakers Expelled.

We’re excited to be able to tell you that on October 21st Expelled: No Intelligence Allow, starring Ben Stein, will be released on DVD.  In Expelled, Stein  brilliantly exposed the widespread persecution of scientists and educators who are pursuing legitimate science that challenges Darwin’s theory of evolution.

[...]

First

We would like to widely distribute the DVD to key policy makers, opinion makers and leaders throughout the country.  Such distribution takes more money than we have budget for right now. So, we’re looking for donations to help underwrite the cost of sending the DVD to these individuals.  Donations of any amount are welcome.  The cost of purchasing and distributing one DVD is about $25, so your donation of $100 will help us to send 4 DVDs.  We want to send out as many DVDs as possible Click here to donate now.

Second

If you run a church or school bookstore and would like to stock Expelled we can help you get a special wholesale price, if you pre-order 25 copies or more. By ordering together in quantity we may be able to get the cost per DVD reduced up to 50% off of the retail price.  This is a limited one time offer and we estimate the cost of 25 DVDs to be $300, plus shipping.  For bulk orders contact us at the e-mail or phone number below.

We have to move quickly to guarantee that the costs don’t go up.  The DVD is going into production soon, so orders must be placed and paid for by Wednesday, Sept. 17th.  Please contact Janine Dixon at jdixon@discovery.org, (206) 292-0401 x108 to start the order process.

Thank you for your support,

Robert Crowther

Director of Communications

Center for Science & Culture

Order yours today. Stocks are limited.

It must be pure chance that I got my copy of Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial today.

--------------
I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

"I freely admit I’m a sociopath" - DaveScot

"Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID." - scordova

"UD is the greatest website of all time." stevestory

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 09 2008,17:33   

Quick, somebody donate them a clue...

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 09 2008,20:29   

Quote (Advocatus Diaboli @ Sep. 09 2008,17:28)
Brace yourselves! Expelled!-dvd is coming! I got email from Disco Insitute:

Help Us Get Lawmakers Expelled.

We’re excited to be able to tell you that on October 21st Expelled: No Intelligence Allow, starring Ben Stein, will be released on DVD.  In Expelled, Stein  brilliantly exposed the widespread persecution of scientists and educators who are pursuing legitimate science that challenges Darwin’s theory of evolution.

[...]

First

We would like to widely distribute the DVD to key policy makers, opinion makers and leaders throughout the country.  Such distribution takes more money than we have budget for right now. So, we’re looking for donations to help underwrite the cost of sending the DVD to these individuals.  Donations of any amount are welcome.  The cost of purchasing and distributing one DVD is about $25, so your donation of $100 will help us to send 4 DVDs.  We want to send out as many DVDs as possible Click here to donate now.

Second

If you run a church or school bookstore and would like to stock Expelled we can help you get a special wholesale price, if you pre-order 25 copies or more. By ordering together in quantity we may be able to get the cost per DVD reduced up to 50% off of the retail price.  This is a limited one time offer and we estimate the cost of 25 DVDs to be $300, plus shipping.  For bulk orders contact us at the e-mail or phone number below.

We have to move quickly to guarantee that the costs don’t go up.  The DVD is going into production soon, so orders must be placed and paid for by Wednesday, Sept. 17th.  Please contact Janine Dixon at jdixon@discovery.org, (206) 292-0401 x108 to start the order process.

Thank you for your support,

Robert Crowther

Director of Communications

Center for Science & Culture

Order yours today. Stocks are limited.

It must be pure chance that I got my copy of Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial today.

Thanks for the tip!

I think all my sock puppets are eager to help, and will gladly commit to 300+ cds for their church groups science clubs.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 10 2008,16:58   

Ha!  I donated to the NCSE and got my Judgement Day DVD yesterday.  Watched it again enjoyed it even more than the first time.

The actor who portrayed Behe was most excellent, but I wonder if he'll get typecast playing morons.

bystander

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 10 2008,17:32   

So what happened with the DI denying they had anything to do with the movie?

Part of the cost goes to support the Casey Luskin DI tour bus.

bystander

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 10 2008,17:35   

We haven't heard from Sal or Kristine lately. I hope they haven't met, you know what happens when a moron and an anti-moron collide.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 10 2008,21:38   

you know what happens when a moron and an anti-moron collide.  

Is that worse than a materialist - antimaterialist reaction?

Henry

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 10 2008,23:36   

The result of a materialist/anti-materialist reaction is immaterial.

bystander

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 11 2008,01:06   

Would the resultant particles be HEXons and Jeebons?

kevinmillerxi

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2008,18:01   

Hey folks, I'm sure you've missed me these past few months. I've definitely missed you. Just wanted to remind you to mark Oct. 21 on your calendar, because that's the day you'll be able to pick up your very own copy of "Expelled" on DVD.

Wolfhound

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2008,19:15   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Oct. 07 2008,18:01)
Hey folks, I'm sure you've missed me these past few months. I've definitely missed you. Just wanted to remind you to mark Oct. 21 on your calendar, because that's the day you'll be able to pick up your very own copy of "Expelled" on DVD.

Naw, I have plenty of coasters, thanks, although I'll considered taking up skeet shooting if I can get free copies...

--------------
I've found my personality to be an effective form of birth control.

deejay

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2008,21:07   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Oct. 07 2008,19:01)
I've definitely missed you.

Why?  Do you prefer your past humiliation to your current irrelevance?

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2008,21:13   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Oct. 07 2008,16:01)

Silly boy.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2008,22:58   

Sorry, Kev-0, I've already spent my DVD budget this month ordering "Religulous" now showing in theaters across the country and picking up rave reviews.

"Religulous," a Lionsgate (real movie company) production.

3600 replies since Aug. 12 2007,07:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (121) < ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]