RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (654) < ... 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,13:40   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:22)
I mentioned above:

AND, <why am I doing this again> we believe you deliberately ignore evidence that supports ID.  What’s the difference?  I don’t believe they ever ignore it...they merely feel that ID overall supports the evidence better than Darwinian evolution does.

Good example of this up at UD right now.  It's impossible to understand how some scientsts are as brainwashed as they are.  They completely *ignore* the evidence that supports ID.  Astounding.

Life used compatable building blocks rather than random ones!!!!111111

SHOCK HORROR THEREFORE JEBUS!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,13:51   

FTK:

lol...He’d never do that.

How the fuck do you know that? God's ways and all...

They completely *ignore* the evidence that supports ID

What "evidence", please?

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,13:55   

What "evidence", please?

Exactly...lol.  Thanks for the support.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,13:58   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Aug. 19 2011,13:40)
Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:22)
I mentioned above:

AND, <why am I doing this again> we believe you deliberately ignore evidence that supports ID.  What’s the difference?  I don’t believe they ever ignore it...they merely feel that ID overall supports the evidence better than Darwinian evolution does.

Good example of this up at UD right now.  It's impossible to understand how some scientsts are as brainwashed as they are.  They completely *ignore* the evidence that supports ID.  Astounding.

Life used compatable building blocks rather than random ones!!!!111111

SHOCK HORROR THEREFORE JEBUS!

What is "life", and how does it use things?  Just curious.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,13:59   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,12:54)

BTW2: You never did answer the question that I asked about what would you do if God came to you and told you to be let into heaven, you had to eat human babies. What would you do?

lol...He’d never do that.  But, let’s just go there since it seems important to you.  No, I wouldn’t unless He had a ~~~*very*~~~ damn good reason why I need to “eat human babies”.

Excellent, then you have acknowledged and accepted that there is a higher moral authority than God and that even your God must obey.  

I never thought I'd hear you guys admit to that.

Now, for what will not be the last time... there is no evidence for Intelligent Design.

ID proponents do no original research.
ID proponents to not propose testable hypotheses.
ID proponents CONSTANTLY use logical fallacies.
ID proponents CONSTANTLY misrepresent actual science (and scientists).
ID proponents state WRONG things ALL THE TIME.  (I can't stress that enough.  Even your hero Meyer makes some significant mistakes that any undergraduate biology major wouldn't make.)
ID proponents attack evolution... as if that would help them... instead of supporting their own work.
ID proponents redefine the meanings common of words (see Behe's Kitzmiller testimony)

Do you honestly think that scientists do the same?

If you do, then may I suggest Luddite as your next philosophical principle.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:05   

Excellent, then you have acknowledged and accepted that there is a higher moral authority than God and that even your God must obey.

Hmmmm...not sure how I did that?  Did God speak to you telling you that he would demand I eat human babies?  If not, His moral authority is not in question.  I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:18   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,14:05)
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".

And after which you'd eat the baby.

Difference between me and you is that no matter what, I'd not eat a human baby. There could be no possible reason for me to and so no way of convincing me.

However if you believe in ghosts and a ghost tells you it represents god you'd do it if it told you to.

Insane.

I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".

I had to quote it twice. It's so funny. I think you'd find that if Him commanded you you'd do it regardless of any explanation. Right? I don't see much of Him explaining himself in the bibble before asking people to chop up their kids.

So, explanation or not FTK is open to the idea of eating human babies because some manifestation of something convinced her it was necessary.

It's no wonder people drown their children for fear of them sinning and going to hell. Thin end of the wedge right here folks.

EDIT: Image changed from man/artist/madman chowing down on baby. See link.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od....i....ies.htm

--------------
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:22   

Oldman: that picture is a bit uncalled for. I stumbled upon it only yesterday while researching cannibalism (for reasons unrelated to this thread, it was for lyrics definitions), and it made me puke.

Call me sensitive.

--------------

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:24   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,14:05)

Hmmmm...not sure how I did that?  Did God speak to you telling you that he would demand I eat human babies?  If not, His moral authority is not in question.  I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".

sigh...

'God would never do such a thing', why not?

If God is all-powerful and the ultimate moral authority, then WHATEVER he does is moral and automatically correct, right?

From wiping out nearly all life on the planet in a flood, to turning a woman into a pillar of salt for disobeying.  Everything he does is right and correct.

Then why couldn't he make a rule that says you have to eat human babies?

If 'God would never do such a thing', it can only be because there is a moral authority that even God must follow.*  Therefore he is not all-powerful.  

You have indeed acknowledged that God would never do something, there must be a reason and that reason is very simply, because it is wrong to eat human babies.  Other species do it all the time, why don't humans?  Oh wait, some humans DO eat babies and they are considered monsters.

Here's a hint, it's not because of 'God' that eating babies is wrong.  

* What, of course, is really interesting is how God's morality HAS changed over the course of the Bible and the course of history.  After all, I think you would agree that slavery is wrong, yet your God set down rules for how one should beat one's slaves.  See, even you disagree with God.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:25   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Aug. 19 2011,14:22)
Oldman: that picture is a bit uncalled for. I stumbled upon it only yesterday while researching cannibalism (for reasons unrelated to this thread, it was for lyrics definitions), and it made me puke.

Call me sensitive.

Well, one wonders what the BW is coming to but fine. I like most everybody else I know saw it a long time ago. Click the link to see it.

--------------
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:30   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Aug. 19 2011,12:22)

Call me sensitive.

I'm betting on France to win Eurovision next time.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:30   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Aug. 19 2011,20:25)
Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Aug. 19 2011,14:22)

Call me sensitive.

Well, one wonders what the BW is coming to but fine. I like most everybody else I know saw it a long time ago. Click the link to see it.

Ok, fair enough. I'm a bit touchy these days.

I've had a bad streak of bacterial infection due to a used AC unit. Couldn't eat a thing for a few days, puked all the time. Made me quite edgy.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,14:33   

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'll refrain from posting any more pictures, but I remember the days when rotten.com was the #1 website on the internet  :p

Check it out when you are feeling better  :)

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:17   

According to scripture, it doesn't follow that God would have us eat human babies.  You can pull text out of context, etc.. But, in the instance when God demanded the death of an entire city, we learn from history that the tradition of child sacrifice was alive and well among many other deplorable acts.  Hence, it doesn't stand to reason that God would in an instance demand us to "eat human babies".  This is kinda a ridiculous way to try to demand that God doesn't hold moral authority.  

If God is all-powerful and the ultimate moral authority, then WHATEVER he does is moral and automatically correct, right?

Uh, yeah.

From wiping out nearly all life on the planet in a flood, to turning a woman into a pillar of salt for disobeying.  Everything he does is right and correct.

Uh, yeah.  We weren't there and have no idea what all the circumstances were or why it was mandatory that these situations took place as they did.  Men kill people of all gender, shape, size, color in war every single day.  Does that make them immoral?  No.  We don't look at it in the same way as when someone commits a drive by shooting.  You have to be able to wrap your head around that and the circumstance that took place in ancient history.  

Well, He could, but doesn't follow from anything I've ever read that He ever would.  As I said, there would have to be a damn good reason for it.  I can't think of any due to the fact that human babies, as we know them, can't cause any detrimental harm. Could they be subject to death due to war?  Sure.  Should we be demanded to eat them?  Nothing I've ever read would indicate that God would demand that.  

If 'God would never do such a thing', it can only be because there is a moral authority that even God must follow.*  Therefore he is not all-powerful.

see above.

You have indeed acknowledged that God would never do something, there must be a reason and that reason is very simply, because it is wrong to eat human babies.  Other species do it all the time, why don't humans?  Oh wait, some humans DO eat babies and they are considered monsters.

see above.

Cannibals don't think so. Know a guy from our church who worked in a cannibal village for many years.  He worked at helping them understand that with God <as I know Him> eating people is immoral.  

* What, of course, is really interesting is how God's morality HAS changed over the course of the Bible and the course of history.  After all, I think you would agree that slavery is wrong, yet your God set down rules for how one should beat one's slaves.  See, even you disagree with God.

God didn't give any mandates that people should have slaves.  They had them...God set rules for how to treat them.  People work for other people today too, and there are rules for how to treat their employers.  Free will has always existed.  At the time of Moses, God was trying to rein in on corruption and lead them to stay away from surrounding tribes that were carrying out abhorrent practices.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:18   

Oh! just kill babies, not eat them! Phew, that's okay then!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:23   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:17)
God didn't give any mandates that people should have slaves.  They had them...God set rules for how to treat them.  People work for other people today too, and there are rules for how to treat their employers.  Free will has always existed.  At the time of Moses, God was trying to rein in on corruption and lead them to stay away from surrounding tribes that were carrying out abhorrent practices.

So if God is the source of morality, and God is silent on the morality of slavery, then slavery is not immoral?

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:23   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,15:17)
Uh, yeah.  We weren't there and have no idea what all the circumstances were or why it was mandatory that these situations took place as they did.

Hint: Nobody got turned into salt. It did not actually happen.

Somebody made it up.

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:34   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Aug. 19 2011,15:18)

Babies are killed due to war quite often.  The soldiers aren't deemed immoral.  Think about it.  

Circumstances.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:39   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,15:34)

Babies are killed due to war quite often.  The soldiers aren't deemed immoral.  Think about it.  

Circumstances.

Are the commanders deemed immoral? What do you think war crimes are? Are we justified in pursuing them?

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:40   

Oh, shit Oldman! That new pic, and my subsequient comment: pure comedy gold!

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:40   

Quote (JohnW @ Aug. 19 2011,15:23)
Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:17)

So if God is the source of morality, and God is silent on the morality of slavery, then slavery is not immoral?

God is silent on many things.  Free will = He doesn't give us play by play exactly what we have to do.  Although, from an overall reading of scripture, you can usually pretty clearly understand His ways.  Why so many of you posters here cannot is beyond me.  

That is one of the things I've always questions that the Bible and God have not seemed to answer for me yet.  I understand the whole bit about the Holy Spirit, but I don't know why God would allow that to even happen in the first place.   Why He would allow for people to so adamently separate themselves from Him.

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:41   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:34)

Circumstances.

Soldiers who deliberately kill babies are deemed immoral by most people.  If God says it's OK, I wonder why that is?

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:47   

Quote (JohnW @ Aug. 19 2011,15:41)
Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:34)

Circumstances.

Soldiers who deliberately kill babies are deemed immoral by most people.  If God says it's OK, I wonder why that is?

I don't mean babies who are killed deliberately and without remorse.  Im talking about the need to take out a villiage or whatever and the babies lose their lives as well as adults.  It happens.  It's sad...it's not a perfect world.

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:47   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:40)
God is silent on many things.  Free will = He doesn't give us play by play exactly what we have to do.  Although, from an overall reading of scripture, you can usually pretty clearly understand His ways.  Why so many of you posters here cannot is beyond me.  

That is one of the things I've always questions that the Bible and God have not seemed to answer for me yet.  I understand the whole bit about the Holy Spirit, but I don't know why God would allow that to even happen in the first place.   Why He would allow for people to so adamently separate themselves from Him.

Makes perfect sense to me FTK.  It's not that God's OK with slavery, it's just not important enough a transgression to merit an unambiguous ban.  Obviously it can't compare in seriousness with working on the Sabbath or eating clams.

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:48   

Tasty Baby!

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:54   

Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,15:17)

According to scripture, it doesn't follow that God would have us eat human babies.

It doesn't matter.  If God CAN, then he CAN.  If he WOULD NOT, for whatever reason, then there is a higher moral authority than God.

This isn't apologetics or even scripture.  It's simply the results of your statement.

If God can and he does and it becomes morally acceptable, then God is the ultimate source of morality.

If God can and he does not, then there is a reason.  I would submit that the reason is that God feels that killing and eating babies is not morally acceptable, which means He is following a moral path that is not of His own making.  (remember the first point?)

If God can't, then He's not who you think He is.

Of course, as OM mentioned, this is all a moot discussion because God doesn't exist as a real thing.  He only exists in your mind and it is impossible for you (or anyone) to tell the difference between God talking to you, Satan talking to you, drug induced religious experience and ritual induced religious experience.

You can pull text out of context, etc.. But, in the instance when God demanded the death of an entire city, we learn from history that the tradition of child sacrifice was alive and well among many other deplorable acts.  Hence, it doesn't stand to reason that God would in an instance demand us to "eat human babies".  This is kinda a ridiculous way to try to demand that God doesn't hold moral authority.  

Again, you are going AGAINST what God said and did.  Think about what you said for example.

Those blood sacrifices that you find 'deplorable' were REQUIRED BY GOD.  Therefore you find God deplorable.

Let me ask you... has God changed?

If he has, then he wasn't perfect to begin with.  If he has not, then why do you worship a deplorable monster?

Are you beginning to see (hah!)?

ANY WAY you look at God, he is either useless, irrelevant, or a despicable monster.  Why would you worship that?

Uh, yeah.

This just proves my point.  Thanks.

Uh, yeah.

The rest of this is making excuses for God's behavior.  You have stated that "Everything He does is right and correct."

Therefore, your proper response if God comes to you and says you must kill and eat human children is "Pass the ketchup".  Any other response is going against God.

YOU are not the ultimate judge of moral authority in your world.  God is.  

So if a preacher claims that God said to 'kill the gays'... your first thought should be, 'where'd I put that ammunition'.  Anything else is going against God.  Remember, it's NOT what YOU think.  You are mortal and fallible... it's what God wants.

We weren't there and have no idea what all the circumstances were or why it was mandatory that these situations took place as they did.  Men kill people of all gender, shape, size, color in war every single day.  Does that make them immoral?  No.  We don't look at it in the same way as when someone commits a drive by shooting.  You have to be able to wrap your head around that and the circumstance that took place in ancient history.  

Well, He could,

and then killing and eating human babies would be the correct and moral thing to do... in your world.

Again, everything after this is what YOU think and YOUR interpretation.

Again, YOU don't matter.  If God is the ultimate moral authority, then you have no place objecting to what he does.

If God says it, and you don't do it, you are rejecting God.  It doesn't matter if he would or would not do this thing.  The question is "IF" God does this, what would you do.

You either agree with God that this is now moral or you reject God because of that.

I believe, that you would reject a God that required you to eat babies.  Why do you not reject a God that requires blood sacrifice?  Why do you not reject a God that requires infinite punishment for finite crimes?  Why do you not reject a God that approves of slavery, rape, child slavery, etc. etc. etc?

I think the simple reason is that you, like 99% of all Christians, really don't understand what their God is.  They go to church, because that's what you do on Sunday's.  It may even make you feel good.  Well, you can get that same feeling in a quality yoga class or with a light application of psychotropic drugs.  

but doesn't follow from anything I've ever read that He ever would.  As I said, there would have to be a damn good reason for it.  I can't think of any due to the fact that human babies, as we know them, can't cause any detrimental harm. Could they be subject to death due to war?  Sure.  Should we be demanded to eat them?  Nothing I've ever read would indicate that God would demand that.  

Doesn't matter.  Either you follow God completely or you reject him.  Again, I think you would reject him.

see above.

see above.

Cannibals don't think so. Know a guy from our church who worked in a cannibal village for many years.  He worked at helping them understand that with God <as I know Him> eating people is immoral.  

No, he worked with the cannibals because HE believes that eating people is immoral.  

Take a look in the Bible... there is nothing on cannibalism in there... except for that fact that you eat Jesus of Nazareth and drink his blood.

You see, God actually approves of cannibalism.

Is it moral or not to hold slaves?

If it is immoral, then why didn't God say "let them go"?  No, what he said was, "you can beat the shit out of them as long as they can walk three days later".

Great moral compass there.

Now that we've settled that...

How about that evidence of ID?  How about showing that you actually have a clue about anything related to Biology?

I know you would rather talk about this kind of thing, but I don't think you should.  You only think you have the high moral ground here.  You don't.

All snarkiness and rudeness aside.  I really encourage you to think about what I've said here.

If God says it, then either you agree with Him and follow Him or you don't.  That's very clear in the Bible.

YOU, FtK, have a moral compass that is set by today's society and our culture.  YOU know that eating babies, slavery, and other atrocities like that are wrong.  

What you need to realize is that God is directly responsible for many of the atrocities that you think are wrong.  And it's not interpretation or anything like that.  It's stated very plainly as God's word in the Bible.

Now, again, if God doesn't exist, then YOU are correct and those things are indeed wrong.  If God does exist, then he supported those practices in the past and he is supporting them today.  Why do you think the chance of being a child molester is double in the priesthood than it is all other areas of our society?

Likewise, there are a lot of loud Christians that are VERY, VERY supportive of killing gay people and killing abortion doctors and denying women the right to control their own bodies.  Some of the Christians have even killed people.

You ARE associated with them.  These are your people.  It doesn't matter if you think they aren't Christians.  They are claiming that moral authority and they are doing it loudly to anyone who will listen.  And other Christians are agreeing with them... even if only silently.  Silence is agreement.  If you aren't actively speaking out against this kind of thing, then you support it.

I'd think really carefully about who I support in this day and age.  And I really suggest you make no claims about who you think I support.

edit: cause the quoting was screwed up.  I think I fixed it.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:54   

Quote (JohnW @ Aug. 19 2011,15:47)
Quote (Ftk @ Aug. 19 2011,13:40)

Makes perfect sense to me FTK.  It's not that God's OK with slavery, it's just not important enough a transgression to merit an unambiguous ban.  Obviously it can't compare in seriousness with working on the Sabbath or eating clams.

Dood, do you know the depth to which some of those ancient societies had become entrenched in slavery?  That was of their own doing.  If God had banished that entirely at the snap of a finger, all hell would have broke lose.  Systems would have broken down entirely.  

He gave instructions that were fair (much, much fairer than what the Israelites were accustomed to in Egypt) in regard to the use of slaves.

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:56   

[FTK break-off]

Ouch Markuze

The conforting part: "Markuze has been sent for a 30-day psychological evaluation at Montreal’s Pinel Institute and will appear in court again on Sept. 19."

A psy evaluation is the best I could wish for him...

[Back to FTK]

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,15:56   

YOU, FtK, have a moral compass that is set by today's society and our culture.  YOU know that eating babies, slavery, and other atrocities like that are wrong.

are you from the US?

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 19 2011,16:00   

You ARE associated with them.  

Oh, bullshit.  I am my own person.  I stand up for what I believe is right according to my knowledge of morality.  You can't hold me responsible for anyone elses actions other than my own.

--------------

19591 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (654) < ... 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]