RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < ... 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,16:47   

Quote (sparc @ Mar. 20 2009,16:35)
Albatrossity2  
and had one of them (Paul Berg) as a teacher
Does that mean that you are part of the Protein Synthesis video? If so, what did you take on the set?

Nope, I got there about two years too late for the Protein Synthesis Raga. But I did know some people who were ribosomal proteins.

Great flick! I still use it in class.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,17:27   

I Googled "Gordon Mullings Idiot" and after a lot of links back to us here at ATBC, further down came up with this gem - from 2006 -  but the REAL prize is the article about Industrialized Sex...

I am now totally afraid - and you should be too - to Google Gordon Mullings Hobbies, or Gordon Mullings WTF?  

The Evangelical Outpost

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,18:07   

Tried to, but I'm in Moderation Purgatory, so Joseph, like the coward he is, posts anyways.

I guess they don't let each other know.

======================================

Joseph
03/21/2009
5:11 pm

Farnk, Answer the question:

And why is what worked throughout history to falsify the design inference not any good for ID?

See I know evolution DID do it.

Did WHAT, exactly?

And what type of “evolution”? Guided or unguided?

Ya see Frank it is obvious from your posts that you don’t know anything about ID nor what is being debated.

You can say “evolution did it” but you can’t support that claim with any scientific data.

IOW ALL you have is faith is some vague thing called “evolution”.

Now stay focused and answer teh question:

And why is what worked throughout history to falsify the design inference not any good for ID?

Or admit you don’t know squat about anything….

Joseph
03/21/2009
5:15 pm

Frank:

ID must first find a way to accurately detect design in nature and not just “Because it looks that way” and it be used with 100% accuracy in field tests.

Science doesn’t look for 100% accuracy Frank.

But thanks for proving you don’t understand science.

And as I have told you we do have tried and true design detection techniques.

Now to refute the design inference all you have to do is show tat nature, operating freely can account for it.

And just because you can’t do that it is no reason to act like a crybaby.

Just admit that your position is based on imagination, not science.

Joseph
03/21/2009
5:16 pm

Frank:

So we already know there are self-replicating proteins out there.

We do?

Can you provide a reference for SELF-REPLICATING PROTEINS?

Thanks.

FrankH
03/21/2009
5:54 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Seeing if I am still in Moderation Purgatory.

======================================

Joseph,

Or any UD IDist who's reading this tell him this, you are invited over here.

I know you're too much of a coward and run behind your momma's skirt so I don't expect to see you over here as, well, you're a coward.  What else can I say?

--------------
Marriage is not a lifetime commitment, it's a life sentence!

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,18:32   

Quote (Leftfield @ Mar. 21 2009,12:35)
I propose the AtBC crowd stay off UD for a day or two. I imagine it would be a ghost town, but maybe in the absence of their common enemy, the inmates would start arguing with each other, which could provide new and different pleasures.

I will.  Seems as though the MO of that group is take a beating, then put those who are giving them the beatings on "Moderation", read "banation by any other name", then pepper the "bad guys" with more questions they are not allowed to answer.

I guess when you continually get you're an IDiot and you continually get your collective asses handed to you, you'll have to "manufacture" any form of a "win", even if that means hamstringing others.

I still invite that coward Joseph to come here though.

--------------

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,18:48   

Gil Dodgen's praising his father.  (The real one, not the one in the sky.) Out of curiosity, I Googled "Dodgen Manhattan project" -- it's true, he's an impressive fellow.  My guess is he doesn't share Gil's love of IDC.  

I was struck by this sentence in Harold Dodgen's bio page:

After helping to bring about the peaceful end of World War Two working on the Manhattan Project, Dr. Dodgen was appointed to the Chemistry Department at WSU in 1948.

What an odd sentence! People think differently about the Manhattan Project.  You can think it saved your life, as many who fought in the Pacific theater did.  Or you can think it was a war crime, as I do.  The "peaceful end" thing, though.  Don't all wars end peacefully, in the sense that one side gives up and they stop fighting?  Was the Enola Gay carrying a love  letter?

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,18:56   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Mar. 21 2009,18:48)
Gil Dodgen's praising his father.  (The real one, not the one in the sky.) Out of curiosity, I Googled "Dodgen Manhattan project" -- it's true, he's an impressive fellow.  My guess is he doesn't share Gil's love of IDC.  

After helping to bring about the peaceful end of World War Two working on the Manhattan Project, Dr. Dodgen was appointed to the Chemistry Department at WSU in 1948.

What an odd sentence! People think differently about the Manhattan Project.  You can think it saved your life, as many who fought in the Pacific theater did.  Or you can think it was a war crime, as I do.  The "peaceful end" thing, though.  Don't all wars end peacefully, in the sense that one side gives up and they stop fighting?  Was the Enola Gay carrying a love  letter?

Your search provides an interesting insight into how IDists can handle the cognitive dissidence of holding two conflicting views simultaneously.  While wearing a seriously frilly shirt.  Not that thats wrong...

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,18:57   

Well as Japan almost didn't surrender even AFTER the two bombs, we don't know what it would have taken short of taking out the entire island.  After the blood bath that was Okinawa, the deaths on the main islands of Japan could have benn in the 10s of millions.

For war crimes, look at the Baatan Death march, the Rape of Nanking, the "Comfort Women" and more.

Then there's the fire bombing of Dresden.  Where the USAA lit the city up during the day and the RAF continued at night.  OVer 200,000 people died there.  War is a nasty business but there are more than just "peace" as the alternative.

Subjugation and slavery are others.

--------------

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:04   

Quote (keiths @ Mar. 21 2009,16:06)
An [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/origin-of-life-researchers-claim-life-could-have-existed-44-billion-years-ago-before-earth

-cooled/]example[/URL] of O'Leary Logic:
Mojzsis argues that the Late Heavy Bombardment of Earth by asteroids “pruned, rather than frustrated, life.”
That conclusion is reasonable, says Kevin Zahnle of NASA’s Ames Research Center in California.

It certainly is, if you are looking for an argument that God created the first life on Earth. I wonder if either he or New Scientist have thought this one out...

How is a bombardment of the Earth, causing devastation that pruned life down (duh!) and aided the species that survived (by creating new environments to expand into, new niches, etc, etc) - how do you go from that to the idea that gods create life?

I know I've failed Tard Logic 101 - or is this a higher level course?

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:06   

Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 21 2009,18:57)

Well as Japan almost didn't surrender even AFTER the two bombs, we don't know what it would have taken short of taking out the entire island.  After the blood bath that was Okinawa, the deaths on the main islands of Japan could have benn in the 10s of millions.

For war crimes, look at the Baatan Death march, the Rape of Nanking, the "Comfort Women" and more.

Then there's the fire bombing of Dresden.  Where the USAA lit the city up during the day and the RAF continued at night.  OVer 200,000 people died there.  War is a nasty business but there are more than just "peace" as the alternative.

Well, as I said, views differ on the bombing itself. I'm just wondering about the notion of a "peaceful end."  It's either redundant (all wars end peacefully) or nonsensical (no wars end by peaceful means -- that's why they're wars).

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:17   

Maybe the aphorism about algorithms applies to wars, too...

"All's well that ends."

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:28   

Unpleasant Blowhard has taken the stage and begun monologuing. Hasn't he seen The Incredibles?

I asked for an entailment of ID, and an empirical test of that entailment such that ID or a tenet of ID would be placed at risk of disconfirmation. That's all. In the Biped's overheated brainpan that converts to the following:

Spend a day demanding from everyone that they acknowledge they (and everyone they know) are literally meaningless and have no free will, and then perhaps your boundaries will come into focus.

That's a bit psychotic. But it does shed light on what is at stake for Biped and his companions. He continues:

Although I think you are being less than candid in the gist of your questions, I have no doubt you’re crystal clear about the success of the scientific attack on your position.

Actually, I've been completely candid about the meta-purpose of my questions. However, my description of those motives remains in moderation at UD some ten hours having been posted.

Biped then takes leave of his senses altogether:

You then go back to your home turf and lament the moderation policy at UD, as if that were the problem. Any person with even modicum of sense could examine the tone of comments made here and elsewhere, and immediately understand why UD has moderation - your side simply needs it; they clearly have an issue with being able to moderate themselves. Quite honestly, it’s an embarrassment to Darwin (and to science).

This from Unpleasant Biped, who seems to specialize in a special blend of hot air and insult.

The problem, BP, is that your theory lacks epistemic status as a scientific theory, owing to its inability to generate testable entailments.

So you ask for an entailment for which you can battle. And in this battle you’ll defeat a great tenet of design, correct? A tenet being a belief one has about something. And in the case of the design hypothesis, that belief is that chance and necessity (have not, and) cannot account for its existence, while design is the only known causal mechanism known to man that is able, and the empirical evidence continues to grow.

What I asked for is an entailment of ID, and an empirical test of that entailment such that ID or a tenet of ID would be placed at risk of disconfirmation.

Well, grow some balls Bill. Quit whining about the moderation policy at UD and go on the attack.

This to a participant who can't post. Not only bipedal, but hung like a gorilla.

OK, Biped, here's my attack:

Describe a necessary entailment of ID, and an empirical test of that entailment such that ID is placed at risk of disconfirmation.

Neither you, Jerry, Joe, Kairos, nor the other geniuses at UD have been able to give a response to that question. I genuinely believe that it is beyond your collective grasp. Until you dream up a a theory that can supply such entailments, and begin putting those entailments to the test, whatever it is you clowns are up to isn't science, and it never will be. If all it takes is a word game to make that so painfully obvious, I'd take up another hobby. (Avoid endeavors that require charisma, however).

Biped maybe. But those are two left feet, so far as I can tell.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:42   

"Show us what an 'intelligent design' hypothesis might look like and how it would be tested," was what we told the DI's crew at the 1997 NTSE conference. We're still waiting.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:43   

Great post (as always) Bill.
Of course, if UB wants an open, free and frank exchange of views, he can continue the dialogue here.

Edit to change RB to UB, for obvious reasons.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,19:54   

"Unpleasant Blowhard"!?!  I love it.

Yeah, again they post when we can't then chide us for it.

Do they ever come over and post here?  Or are these waters way too deep for them?

--------------

Freelurker

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,20:50   

Biped:  
Quite honestly, it’s an embarrassment to Darwin (and to science).

I sure hope we haven't embarrassed Darwin. I fear his wrath.

--------------
Invoking intelligent design in science is like invoking gremlins in engineering. [after Mark Isaak.]
All models are wrong, some models are useful. - George E. P. Box

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,20:51   

Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 22 2009,02:57)

I read somewhere that Dr J. Goebbels added a zero on the end of the death toll to make it look "better".

Might or might not be true, don't know and can't be bothered finding out.

Why?

Death toll figures released during war take on  Orwellian baggage and even long after it can be almost impossible to get an actual “true” figure.*

Remember the 5pm News body count from Vietnam?

No? OK kiddies it's time for bed see you in the morning.

The civilian death toll in Iraq is a perfect example SS YOUSA don't count 'em presumably because it doesn't serve their propaganda aims but the 'enemy' claims a couple of orders of magnitude difference to what the Storm Troopers claim.

If the Dresden figure was produced by the propaganda ministry you can guarantee that it's false.

Which leads me to this interesting epiphany.

Is there anything the DI or Rev. Doc. Dipshit and his cloud of flying monkeys says that is true except the prosaic and mundane?

*Not applicable to Holocaust since Nazi book keeping was impeccable aided by IBM card punch machines

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,20:55   

It seems we have people reading this board and "bringing attention" to our problem back at UD.

For them, what we have been hit with is the "Moderation queue".

Our posts are "waiting to be moderated" which appears to be "filed and forgotten".

I don't know what I did to get that form of "banning".

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,21:05   

My last UD post remains "in moderation," hence invisible to the world.

Boy am I a coward.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,21:19   

Rev. Doc. "Goebbels" Dembski's little propaganda project is a leopard that will never change its Kafkaesque spots.

Just be thankful the IDeology guards didn't get hold of your passport, rendition you to their Guantanamo moderation pergatory and give you the breathtaking water board inanity torture to cause a false withdrawal.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,22:24   

Wow that Uptight Biman has some ....erm issues.

Spend a day demanding from everyone that they acknowledge they (and everyone they know) are literally meaningless and have no free will, and then perhaps your boundaries will come into focus.

Run  that through K.E..'s PF™ (Projection Filter) and we have a primal scream.

Spend a day demanding from Me that I acknowledge You're questions which are literally To Me meaningless and Imply I have no free will, and then perhaps [it should become clear] My boundaries will come into focus.

...well of course his horizon ends at his basement door. ...And indeed they are very, very clear UB, you complete twat

NEXT

Although I think you are being less than candid in the gist of your questions, I have no doubt you’re crystal clear about the success of the scientific attack on your position.

on or from?

whateva ...and your point UB?

Look UB , I'll give you a free hint if all you can do is project, try just reverse your first and third person and reread before posting.

It will save everyone else's time and your credibility.

Although it would be nice if you didn't change person IN THE SAME FRIGGING SENTENCE ....you complete TWAT!

You then go back to your home turf and lament the moderation policy at UD, as if that were the problem.

When applied when you can't answer a legitimate science question or is there no cross examination allowed in Sharia Court ID?

Any person with even modicum of sense could examine the tone of comments made here and elsewhere, and immediately understand why UD has moderation - your side simply needs it; they clearly have an issue with being able to moderate themselves. Quite honestly, it’s an embarrassment to Darwin (and to science).

Ohhhh boooo hoooo hoooo poor baby sniffle sulk bitch bitch bitch

Then answer the science question shit bag.

So you ask for an entailment for which you can battle. And in this battle you’ll defeat a great tenet of design, correct? A tenet being a belief one has about something. And in the case of the design hypothesis, that belief is that chance and necessity (have not, and) cannot account for its existence, while design is the only known causal mechanism known to man that is able, and the empirical evidence continues to grow.

ooooooooh ......conflation .....woooo now I'm scared.

Battle?

What ....the one you lost in Dover?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What frigging Design Hypothesis?

Until you have a test you don't have a "Design Hypothesis".

UB knows that his "Battle" is lost because there is no test for god that will pass in court, which is thankfully based on Roman Law not Sharia Lore in Jerusalem.

God help us all if they get to shift Law to Lore and they decide what is science and what is not.

Head down UB you're losing the war, good luck though I couldn't ask for anyone more stupid as an enemy.

--------------

KenGee

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,22:39   

Sorry all if this has already been commented on, this thread is moving so fast.

Over @ the dumb squad thread about the PAS, our friend Ray saythis.
Any Christian who accepts the concept of “common descent” (= ancestry) is also accepting the concept of “evolution.” This means they are either horribly ignorant or under the direct control of Satan since the objective claims of both concepts presuppose the absence of God from reality and the utter falsity of Genesis 1 and 2.

IF God is NOT involved with biological production the same is called Darwinism (evolution, natural selection, common ancestry; God-didn’t-do-it).

IF God IS involved with biological production the same is called Creationism (God-did-it).

Again, why would any Christian accept the same biological production theory that Richard Dawkins accepts and not the Biblical explanation?

My question after I stopped laughing was what does Ray think about Dr B, ignorant of controlled by the devil?

--------------
"Proteins are not produced by a chemical reaction, they are manufactured by machinery that is programmed through a base-four digital code. " Frilly Gilly on LIfe

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:02   

Quote (Freelurker @ Mar. 21 2009,20:50)
Biped:        
Quite honestly, it’s an embarrassment to Darwin (and to science).

I sure hope we haven't embarrassed Darwin. I fear his wrath.

You know, we just came back from seeing a local production of Hedda Gabler and the moderation at UD comes into clear focus.

"An embarrassment to Darwin  (and to science)"? Bwahaha, that's precious. Where's Dr. Dr.? Been quiet since his "paramaters=program" gaffe, hasn't he? Is he now typing his posts in BASIC? :p

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:02   

Joe G, Angry + Stupid:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-309212

Joseph

03/21/2009

8:04 am
Alan Fox:

One thing that really weakens the case for ID most obviously for me is the Orwellian way the moderation on ID blogs is conducted.

As compared to the insults and mud-slinging to be found on sites such as AtBC?

Yeah those tactics show that the ToE is a top-notch “theory”.

Add that to the FACT that neither Alan nor any other anti-IDist can support their claims.

Top-notch indeed.

Four years ago I predicted the demise of ID as any kind of possible route for scientific research within five years.

And you have been proven wrong time and again.

The more we know the better ID appears as the explanation.

The “Waiting for Two Mutations” paper that tried to refute Behe is a perfect example of the scientific data which shows your position is nonsense.

So all Alan is left with is bald declarations.

Edited by Wesley R. Elsberry on Mar. 21 2009,23:03

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:12   

Ray is the perfect cultural warrior replacement TARD for Scooter.

The gloves are off.

The curtain is now pulled back fully revealing the One True Banana Holder™ and girls it aint a pretty sight ....unless you're into that sort of thing ....erm<whispers> PM me.

Maybe UD could call in an exorcist, hold a seance and break out the Ouija Board to spell out their (anti) Satanic Theory.

They should set up carnival stalls with palm readers and faith healers that could expound the UD universal devine moderation immorality ....because the remaining Fundy Backwash sure as hell can't

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:20   

Edited by Wesley R. Elsberry on Mar. 21 2009,23:03

Erm, thanks? Did I break something?

--------------

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:40   

Ain't nothing new under the sun.

riddick, 03/21/2009, 10:31 pm
StephenB, there are lots of “sacred” traditions out there. How do you know that yours is the correct one?

StephenB, 03/21/2009, 11:16 pm
…”there are lots of “sacred” traditions out there. How do you know that yours is the correct one?”

Do you know of any other “sacred traditions” that were started by someone who claimed to be God, identified himself as “the truth,” and then raised himself from the dead?

Um, yes. Osiris... Baal... Marduk...Tammuz...  Asclepius... Ishtar... (Oh. Are we talking only male gods?)

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2009,23:55   

Clive *hearts* Bill

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-309298

Clive Hayden

03/21/2009

11:45 pm
Reciprocating Bill.

“Given that my participation has been serious and respectful…”

Really?

You said this yourself:

“Without claiming significance anything resembling PZ’s [Myers], I do have a history of critical comments regarding UD, Barry Arrington in particular, Uncommonly Denyse, etc. Not to mention adolescent name calling….I like to think that UD’s new policy, in addition to reflecting new management, is also in response to the the ridiculative selection pressures we’ve exerted here….Let’s watch.”

Bye Bill.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,00:17   

Clive loves Bill Pt 2.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-309301

Clive Hayden

03/22/2009

12:02 am
And, lest we forget, this gem from Reciprocating Bill in response to how he can stand to post here with us,

“It’s not really all that difficult. I merely post the same uncomfortable two-line question (entailments? tests?), then stand back as they writhe on the floor, handle serpents, speak in tongues, cast me out, hallucinate posts, declare victory, promulgate the preposterous, declare their expertise, and demand apologies.”

http://www.antievolution.org/c…..p;p=140279

Yes, when he is “respectful”, he does it out of true regard for us at UD.  

Clive, why not have a go at answering Bill's questions? That'd give you the 'high ground', eh? You're the worst kind of dishonest, Clive - and your faith says something about that.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,00:32   

Another UD thread:

http://www.talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=13594

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,00:39   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 22 2009,08:17)
Clive loves Bill Pt 2.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-309301

Clive Hayden

03/22/2009

12:02 am
And, lest we forget, this gem from Reciprocating Bill in response to how he can stand to post here with us,

“It’s not really all that difficult. I merely post the same uncomfortable two-line question (entailments? tests?), then stand back as they writhe on the floor, handle serpents, speak in tongues, cast me out, hallucinate posts, declare victory, promulgate the preposterous, declare their expertise, and demand apologies.”

http://www.antievolution.org/c…..p;p=140279

Yes, when he is “respectful”, he does it out of true regard for us at UD.  

Clive, why not have a go at answering Bill's questions? That'd give you the 'high ground', eh? You're the worst kind of dishonest, Clive - and your faith says something about that.

"Academic Freedom" Fundamentalist STFU style.

At least they can't get away with that in a court unless they decide to keep their mouths shut at the risk of self incrimination.

--------------

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < ... 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]