RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:52   

And if the CO2 concentration reaches 150PPM then plants die

Well then all the plants died a hell of a long time ago.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:53   

i think joe meant "falls to".

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:58   

Quote (stevestory @ May 04 2018,13:53)
i think joe meant "falls to".

150ppm- that is the bad number. We don't want to ever reach that low of a level of CO2.

150 ppm or lower is bad news

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,14:08   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,13:45)
Clueless fuck. CO2 does not act like a blanket.

CO2 does not amplify the temperature- it does not emit hotter than it absorbs. What it re-emits will be cooler than what it absorbed, ie less energy because it bumps into other atmospheric molecules losing some of its absorbed energy.

The energy it emits is less than the energy coming from the earth. And is overwhelmed by the energy coming from the Sun.

And due to winds and convection currents may never reach the earth.

But all of that is irrelevant to the CO2 = a blanket claim, which is clearly bullshit

Energy still doesn't have a temperature you dumbfuck.

If the Earth loses N joules per hour with no greenhouse gases, with the greenhouse gas 5% of that energy will be returned and the Earth will then lose 0.95N joules per hour.  LESS ENERGY LOST = RAISES THE TEMPERATURE OF THE PLANET YOU FUCKING MORON

Energy still can't be created or destroyed Joke.  The re-radiated energy directed towards Earth has to go SOMEWHERE you dumbfuck.   The wind doesn't just blow it out of existence.

Keep talking Joke.  I'm archiving all this just to show everyone how big a dumbass YEC Joke Gallien really is.  :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,15:14   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,14:08)
Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,13:45)
Clueless fuck. CO2 does not act like a blanket.

CO2 does not amplify the temperature- it does not emit hotter than it absorbs. What it re-emits will be cooler than what it absorbed, ie less energy because it bumps into other atmospheric molecules losing some of its absorbed energy.

The energy it emits is less than the energy coming from the earth. And is overwhelmed by the energy coming from the Sun.

And due to winds and convection currents may never reach the earth.

But all of that is irrelevant to the CO2 = a blanket claim, which is clearly bullshit

Energy still doesn't have a temperature you dumbfuck.

If the Earth loses N joules per hour with no greenhouse gases, with the greenhouse gas 5% of that energy will be returned and the Earth will then lose 0.95N joules per hour.  LESS ENERGY LOST = RAISES THE TEMPERATURE OF THE PLANET YOU FUCKING MORON

Energy still can't be created or destroyed Joke.  The re-radiated energy directed towards Earth has to go SOMEWHERE you dumbfuck.   The wind doesn't just blow it out of existence.

Keep talking Joke.  I'm archiving all this just to show everyone how big a dumbass YEC Joke Gallien really is.  :D

CONTEXT, you ignorant fuck. We are talking about thermal energy- THERMAL.

CO2 only absorbs 8% of the earth's emitted thermal energy. So there isn't any way it can re-emit 5% of the radiated thermal energy. At 410ppm it barely even registers on the % scale.

The CO2 also vibrates and contacts other molecules, losing some of its thermal energy potential. It can no longer re-emit what it absorbed. The energy it re-emits is less than the energy surrounding it.

The wind moves the thermal energy re-emitted from the CO2 away from the surface of the earth. And unless it is re-absorbed it continues its merry journey up, away from us. where it gets dispersed amongst the cold or it travels through the atmosphere into space.

There is nothing in the small amount of total greenhouse gasses that prevents it.

Your 5% figure is a total straw man

And the CO2 is a blanket analogy is total bullshit

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,15:16   

Energy still doesn't have a temperature

and yet

LESS ENERGY LOST = RAISES THE TEMPERATURE

The irony of it all...

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,15:42   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,13:14)
The wind moves the thermal energy re-emitted from the CO2 away from the surface of the earth. And unless it is re-absorbed it continues its merry journey up, away from us. where it gets dispersed amongst the cold or it travels through the atmosphere into space.

This is why I read this thread.  Pick through the tantrums and puerile insults, and one can be rewarded with championship-class nonsense like this.

Thermal energy blown into space by the wind.  Jesus Christ on a motorbike.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:00   

This is my favorite:

The CO2 also vibrates and contacts other molecules, losing some of its thermal energy potential.

Losing it to where?  What happens to those molecules then?  No one knows!!!!!!

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:01   

Quote (JohnW @ May 04 2018,15:42)
Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,13:14)

This is why I read this thread.  Pick through the tantrums and puerile insults, and one can be rewarded with championship-class nonsense like this.

Thermal energy blown into space by the wind.  Jesus Christ on a motorbike.

Except that isn't what I said. The wind keeps it from reaching the surface of the earth. The rest is physics, ie heat rises. As even you guys have admitted without the greenhouse gasses that is what happens.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:01   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:16)

and yet

The irony of it all...

both the statements you quoted are true. Go find any person who ever passed a basic thermodynamics class and they'll confirm it.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:02   

Quote (Texas Teach @ May 04 2018,16:00)
This is my favorite:

The CO2 also vibrates and contacts other molecules, losing some of its thermal energy potential.

No, they get that small amount of energy, start vibrating and lose it. The point is the CO2's absorbed energy is spread around as opposed to just be re-emitted towards earth or anywhere, in full force.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:05   

Quote (stevestory @ May 04 2018,16:01)

and yet

The irony of it all...

both the statements you quoted are true. Go find any person who ever passed a basic thermodynamics class and they'll confirm it.

Radio waves are energy. Do the AM and FM transmitters, transmitting energy, raise the temperature?

Sound waves are also energy. Does talking raise the temperature? Even if you scream directly into the ground?

The wind is energy. Does the wind add to the temperature of the earth?

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:07   

Joke:
Or is it that you fucks are too stupid to follow an argument?

When you start making one, be sure to let us know. We wouldn’t want to miss it.

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:08   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:02)
This is my favorite:

No, they get that small amount of energy, start vibrating and lose it. The point is the CO2's absorbed energy is spread around as opposed to just be re-emitted towards earth or anywhere, in full force.

And what happens to the temperature of the air if you keep spreading heat around in it?  Full force is irrelevant. You’re arguing that Earth isn’t as hot as it could be, which is stupid and not the issue.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:10   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,12:06)

The "in all directions" is what supports my claim. Or is it that you don't think they can all be aimed in the same direction?

My point is that the only way you could get the greenhouse effect via CO2, especially in such very low concentrations, such that it acts like a blanket, that special aiming would have to be the case.

Now I know why Joke is confused. He thinks that the arrows from this graphic actually exist in the atmosphere.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:12   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 04 2018,16:10)
Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,12:06)

The "in all directions" is what supports my claim. Or is it that you don't think they can all be aimed in the same direction?

My point is that the only way you could get the greenhouse effect via CO2, especially in such very low concentrations, such that it acts like a blanket, that special aiming would have to be the case.

Now I know why Joke is confused. He thinks that the arrows from this graphic actually exist in the atmosphere.

Or, most likely you are just a desperate asshole.

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:13   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,12:51)
And again, CO2 only absorbs in 3 wavelengths ( 2.7, 4.3 and 15 micrometers), ie 8% of the earth's radiated thermal energy.

But what frequencies does it absorb in?

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:14   

Quote (Texas Teach @ May 04 2018,16:08)
This is my favorite:

And what happens to the temperature of the air if you keep spreading heat around in it?  Full force is irrelevant. You’re arguing that Earth isn’t as hot as it could be, which is stupid and not the issue.

The air warms up but guess what? It is already warmed due to the thermal energy passing through it. Something about saturation also comes to mind.

And no, I am not making that argument.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:20   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 04 2018,16:13)
And again, CO2 only absorbs in 3 wavelengths ( 2.7, 4.3 and 15 micrometers), ie 8% of the earth's radiated thermal energy.

111,111,111,111,111.109 Hz

69,767,441,860,465.125 Hz

20,000,000,000,000 Hz

Approximately

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:23   

the numerical 'precision' here kills me  :p

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:23   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:20)

20,000,000,000,000 Hz

Approximately

Which proves that Frequency = Wavelength. Got it.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:24   

and yet

The irony of it all...

Joke still doesn't understand the difference between heat and temperature even though it's been explained to him several times.  I really think he's just too stupid to ever get it.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:25   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 04 2018,16:23)
Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:20)

20,000,000,000,000 Hz

Approximately

Which proves that Frequency = Wavelength. Got it.

No, dumbass. It proves the two are INTERCHANGEABLE in the context of IR.

You can talk about its wavelength or its frequency and you are talking about the same thing, the same wave.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:27   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,16:24)

and yet

The irony of it all...

Joke still doesn't understand the difference between heat and temperature even though it's been explained to him several times.  I really think he's just too stupid to ever get it.

Already covered, dipshit. There is a direct correlation between heat and temperature.

And as a matter of fact there isn't any heat transfer if the temperature is the same.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:29   

This is my favorite:

Lose it to where Joke?  Where does that energy get "spread around" to?

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:29   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,16:29)

This is my favorite:

Space, as the diagram shows, moron.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:30   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:27)

and yet

The irony of it all...

Already covered, dipshit. There is a direct correlation between heat and temperature.

And as a matter of fact there isn't any heat transfer if the temperature is the same.

Correlation still doesn't mean they're the same thing dumbass.  You really are too stupid to understand the most basic of concepts.

It's another wavelength = frequency moment for sure.   :D

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:31   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,16:30)
Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:27)

and yet

The irony of it all...

Correlation still doesn't mean they're the same thing dumbass.  You really are too stupid to understand the most basic of concepts.

It's another wavelength = frequency moment for sure.   :D

I never said they were the same thing, asshole.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:33   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,16:29)

This is my favorite:

The diagram shows the energy being emitted in all directions including back towards Earth moron.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,16:33   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,17:29)

This is my favorite:

Maybe Joe thinks "the winds" are some kinda gas that gets above the CO2?

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]