RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,00:49   

Quote (C.J.O'Brien @ June 28 2006,00:19)
Hi Lenny.

I am simultaneously glad to see you on the boards and embarrassed that you are so intent on acting like you're being censored.

You stated your intent. Shouldn't a blogger, especially at hi-pro PT, have the right to have discussion (however misguided according to you) without intentional disruption otherwise devoid of content?

Alas, though, PZ has decided to remove ALL my comments from ALL his threads.

When I made a post regarding the Cambrian explosion, which has nothing whatsoever in any way shape or form to do with his "atheists are repressed boo hoo hoo" whining, that disappeared too.  And when I tried to post to the "spider" thread, that disappeared too.

This isn't about PZ protecting the fight that he picked. PZ is just doing what EVERY extremist ideologue does when he gets a little authority.  (shrug)

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,01:12   

Actually I'm more concerned with the growing propensity for many of PT's "contributors" to disabling comments and forcing people to go to other blogs to participate.  I find that trend rather disturbing.  What's up with that?

--------------

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,01:41   

Quote ("Rev Dr" Lenny Flank @ June 28 2006,05:49)
Quote (C.J.O'Brien @ June 28 2006,00:19)
Hi Lenny.

I am simultaneously glad to see you on the boards and embarrassed that you are so intent on acting like you're being censored.

You stated your intent. Shouldn't a blogger, especially at hi-pro PT, have the right to have discussion (however misguided according to you) without intentional disruption otherwise devoid of content?

Alas, though, PZ has decided to remove ALL my comments from ALL his threads.

When I made a post regarding the Cambrian explosion, which has nothing whatsoever in any way shape or form to do with his "atheists are repressed boo hoo hoo" whining, that disappeared too.  And when I tried to post to the "spider" thread, that disappeared too.

This isn't about PZ protecting the fight that he picked. PZ is just doing what EVERY extremist ideologue does when he gets a little authority.  (shrug)

I have just read your spider comment on the bathroom wall. I can only assume that PZ has declared a "sort of" war on you.

EDIT: BTW, you do know you can start threads on here?

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,01:50   

Yes, I know.  But as I said before, I'm not interested in continuing it.  I'm content to just let PZ be PZ.  He is making my case far far more effectively than *I* ever could.  

I've dealt with Maoists and Trotskyites for 20-odd years.  I've seen PZ's type before.  Endlessly.  (shrug)

--------------

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,02:26   

Well, well, well said the policeman when he came to a hole in the road.

Verrrrry interesting.

PZ has lost the plot.

I hope he enjoys fighting the war on his own.

Still, in some ways it's a good sign.

ID is dead a buried.

As for Orwelian double think?

How many years is it to 2050 when Ingsoc takes over completely?  And science (New Speak --Vocabulary Class C) is reduced to an unintelligable foriegn language or  Old Speak that no one understands.

Some how I think, I will not be living to 95 years old to see that date, but my guess is New Speak will be current sooner rather than later

Happily  PZ probably will not see the same date.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,04:33   

I see UD is *particularly* sciencey today.

Davetard – kid with crayons. Having warned UD not to get too religious, clearly ‘science’ wasn’t the new direction.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,04:50   

As for my IQ, I am sure it is not what it once was due to the ravages of age, alcohol and dealing with Darwinian mysticism. When it was tested back in the late 1940’s it was 146, thankfully below the 150 mark indicating genius. I have no idea what it is now but I am confident it is not yet in the room temperature range as apparently is the case with some of my adversaries.

Comment by John Davison — January 28, 2006 @ 10:03 am

My IQ is room temperature.  In Kelvin. :p

--------------
"Following what I just wrote about fitness, you’re taking refuge in what we see in the world."  PaV

"The simple equation F = MA leads to the concept of four-dimensional space." GilDodgen

"We have no brain, I don't, for thinking." Robert Byers

bourgeois_rage

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,04:52   

I think they've realized that some of their "readers" didn't like all the long blocks of text. Getting their ideas across in the form of cartoons seems like the best method of communication for them.

The one thing that is the most (unintentionally) humorous about it is that the message has not changed at all. It's still just making fun of science, as if that proves their argument.

--------------
Overwhelming Evidence: Apply directly to the forehead.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,04:54   

I see UD is *particularly* sciencey today.

oooh

oooh

oooh

SA  will be giving them an a link and an award this minute.

bwwhwhwhwhwhhwhwhhhaahahahahhahaaaaaaaahhahhahahahahahahhaaaaahhhhhhahaaaaa

oops just blown a gasket in  machina  deux ex

Now DT I know you are particularly slow having a corrected IQ of only 117 (snickker)    so    i   w i l l     g   o        really  s    l     o    w.

"God in the machine" means "god in the machine" and thus for you flying pizzles actually means Your "tin pot god" IS a machine.
Get it? nano dick

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,05:27   

"corrected IQ of only 117"

Did I miss something? :)

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,05:37   

on DT's corrected IQ
He claims a score of 'x'
as a 21+ year old a 16 year olds SAT score.
You're smart enough to work it out.

--------------

jujuquisp

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,05:41   

Just for the record,
I don't like JAD or DaveScot.  I just like egging them on.  Prodding JAD, in particular, can evoke some hilarious one-liners and some pretty creative insults.  DaveScot, on the other hand, isn't very spontaneous or original in his disparaging remarks and reminds me somewhat of a coprophagous microencephalic simian with autism that likes to throw a temper tantrum and fling his feces about whenever he doesn't get his banana exactly at the same time each day.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,05:52   

Oh seriously juju,

That sort of intellectual insult will just go right over their heads.

No, what you need to do is call them

....a hyper rationalistic over objectivarian, subjectivicious bunch of cowardly four legged mamailian wool carriers.

It will go down a treat.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,05:58   

Prodding JAD, in particular, can evoke some hilarious one-liners and some pretty creative insults.  

I have to admit, I did laugh when I saw JAD call Davetard a "homozygous pile of garbage"

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,06:04   

Yeah

the two ugly sisters of zID were a class act.

Almost up there with the The Aristocrats (joke)

--------------

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,06:47   

@Keiths.

A little confession. Xavier was me. I was amusing myself trying to fly under the radar at UD and goad John at the same time. Strangely, though not banned under that pseudonym, my Xavier posts no longer appear. And, though he liked Belgian chocolate, my father wasn't Belgian.

@ Lenny.

Welcome. I blame Dover. Now there's no-one left to fight 'cept each other :D

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,06:54   

How dumb are the creationists? They are happily comparing themselves to the visigoths.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1271#more-1271

Somebody should tell them that the visigoths didn't exactly advance civilization.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:24   

Quote (stevestory @ June 28 2006,11:54)
How dumb are the creationists? They are happily comparing themselves to the visigoths.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1271#more-1271

Somebody should tell them that the visigoths didn't exactly advance civilization.

In that sense the comparison is entirely apt.

Also note that among all the different groups 'invading' Darwinism ('fine tuning of the universe', 'fossil evidence' (! ), 'irreducible complexity', 'art' (? ?) etc.), religion/Christianity is nowhere mentioned. Funny, that.

Oh well, 'Darwinism' has thousands of peer-reviewed books and articles and 150 years of accumulated research. ID has infantile t-shirts and Salvador Cordova.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

C.J.O'Brien

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:33   

Thanks a lot, Chatfield.

Now I am haunted by the image of Sal Cordova sporting a baby-doll T.

Uhuhuuhuhuhuhhhhh.

time to find another haunt, baby-doll -dt

I mean, homo -dt

--------------
The is the beauty of being me- anything that any man does I can understand.
--Joe G

Wonderpants

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:35   

This analogy can be taken in so many ways. While the Visigoths helped speed up the collapse of Rome, they certainly offered no alternative struction to replace it, and thus we had the Dark Ages. Another ironic thing is that creationism was the Dark Age view of life, and that’s what the I.D. movement is wanting to return us too.

Comment by Fross — June 28, 2006 @ 11:40 am

I doubt that'll last long, sadly.

--------------
Fundamentalism in a nutshell:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

plasmasnake23

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:40   

I'm curious as to why the big bang is being lobbed at scientists. I'm relatively sure it was.. you know.. scientists who actually came up with that one. Is it another one of those "scientists did it but it's a victory for ID!" things?

dhogaza

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:46   

I'm curious as to why the big bang is being lobbed at scientists. I'm relatively sure it was.. you know.. scientists who actually came up with that one. Is it another one of those "scientists did it but it's a victory for ID!" things?

Some believe that since the Big Bang postulates a beginning, it supports the Judeo-Christian creation myth.

incorygible

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,07:51   

lucID's comment here:
regarding the Flank-Myers dust-up:

It’s a pity all that backstabbing doesn’t actually lead to someone’s death there.

What was that about "hateful thoughts" again?

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,08:02   

Quote (C.J.O'Brien @ June 28 2006,12:33)
Thanks a lot, Chatfield.

Now I am haunted by the image of Sal Cordova sporting a baby-doll T.

Uhuhuuhuhuhuhhhhh.

HAH-hah!

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

C.J.O'Brien

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,08:09   

Quote (dhogaza @ June 28 2006,12:46)

Some believe that since the Big Bang postulates a beginning, it supports the Judeo-Christian creation myth.

A CreoBot of my acquaintance loves this one. The reasoning seems to be that, before Hubble, the scientific consensus was a static, eternal cosmos. In fact, Einstein added the cosmological constant to the GR equations specifically in order to reconcile them with a static universe (one that is not expanding or contracting).

So, to the creos, the Big Bang theory is a big turn-about that somehow proves they were right all along. And it allows them to imagine bigwig scientists, like Einstein, with egg on their face when the truth came out.

What's funny about it to me is that the pre-Big Bang consensus doesn't seem to have been supported by any particular data. It was just something "everone knew." But to creos, it was evidence that the establishment was stubbornly assuming that any teleological account of creation was out of bounds, and now that there's a big bang, well we knew Gawd musta done it, all along.

--------------
The is the beauty of being me- anything that any man does I can understand.
--Joe G

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,08:29   

I'm gutted to learn that my hero and mentor, Davescott's IQ is only a one in eight occurrence rather than a one in three thousandish proposition. Does this effect his turning water into wine abilities. Could his IQ have been augmented *since* the test via zero wavelength energy?

Yours in Tard,

Rich

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,08:40   

Isn't it approaching infinite wavelength and zero energy? Approaching zero wavelength would actually be a high frequency signal.

I'm thinking of calculating the "God channel" based on amount of information to be "inputted" into the universe post-Big Bang and amount of time to do it in, based on standard cosmological timetables and the COBE findings concerning microwave background radiation anisotropy.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,08:44   

Might wanna check out Michael7's impassioned defense of the Dark Ages on UD.

This part is especially Tardy:

The same goes for the Dark Ages. This myth that Creationism was the Dark Age view of life is a wornout lie and easily rebuked.
The Dark Ages were dark precisely due to power of a few corrupt Kings, Tyrants and Thieves. Most in fact abused religion for the purpose of keeping themselves in power. Just like some Tyrants and Kings we know today? Hmmmm? And yet, most on the left do not care if millions are oppressed today by the same tactics.

You cannot blame the words of Christ for the failures of men.

Again, nice to hear it's all about the science and has nothing to do with religion or rightwing politics.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,09:52   

check this out...

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1273

The Cornell ID Course is open to any participants as long as they abide by the rules of engagement:

The following rules will be strictly enforced:

Ad hominem attacks, blasphemy, profanity, rudeness, and vulgarity will not be tolerated (although heresy will always be encouraged). However, vigorous attacks against a member’s position are expected and those who cannot handle such should think twice before they post.

emphasis mine

Someone mention spaghetti and I'll get on there in faux FSM rage. HEATHENS!

--------------

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2006,11:26   

spaghetti

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]