RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
noncarborundum

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,00:31   

Quote (Fross @ Nov. 02 2011,00:09)

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Nov. 01 2011,09:59)

Quote (Louis @ Nov. 01 2011,09:55)

Quote (Freddie @ Nov. 01 2011,13:51)

Quote (k.e.. @ Nov. 01 2011,06:45)

Quote (CeilingCat @ Nov. 01 2011,07:17)

Quote (Patrick @ Oct. 31 2011,09:30)
Sorry, that was GinoB, not Chas D.

This is amazing!  From the same archy thread, BA77 has a link to a video that's actually worth watching!!

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8......8....o8

An owl, flying directly towards the camera at 1000 frames per second.  I pity any small rodents that ever see a sight like this.

Owls are proof that God hates mice.

Yeah he doesn't give a hoot.

Wisecracks like that will put you in contempt of parliament ...

Flocking hell! That was a stretch. Made me screech it did.

Louis

I don't know, I think he's got a talon for puns.

Who?

;>

If you ask my pinion, it's no beak deal.

--------------
"The . . . um . . . okay, I was genetically selected for blue eyes.  I know there are brown eyes, because I've observed them, but I can't do it.  Okay?  So . . . um . . . coz that's real genetic selection, not the nonsense Giberson and the others are talking about." - DO'L

Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,02:07   

Quote (Patrick @ Nov. 01 2011,17:14)
DrBot is [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/darwinism/he-said-it-the-universe-that-we-observe-has-precisely-the-properties-we-should-expect-if-t

here-is-at-bottom-no-design-no-purpose-no-evil-and-no-good-nothing-but-pitiless-indifferen

ce-pr/comment-page-1/#comment-406998]psychic[/URL]:

I assume now you will proceed to deface this post, like you do to the posts of others who disagree with you?

Followed shortly thereafter by this appearing in his comment:

{Ed: Dr Bot, of course is failing to note that this is a case of blood libel being dealt with. The attempt at immoral equivalency in that context is a sad case of enabling behaviour. And to make an editorial remark, yet again, is not to “deface” a post.}

In the same thread from KF regarding Prof Dawkins:

if Dr Craig were a UK resident and were so minded, he would be in every position to undertake a serious case in High Court for Libel with anti-religious bigotry as aggravating circumstances.

There's nothing to stop someone who is not a British national from being a plaintiff in a British court.  In fact, British courts are often used to settle disputes between two non-Brits with only the most tenuous of circumstances giving some kind of jurisdiction (see the current Abramovitch case).

Montserrat, on the other hand, is a British Overseas Territory, and perhaps people who live there that regularly spew poisonous invective on a US-based web site should perhaps consider their own position with respect to the making of potentially libellous statements.

In Other News: I don't think we ever found out what happened the last time the nuke tripwire was tripped, although the idea that yet more spittle has been released seems to fit the data.  In fact, he's outdone himself again and gone so far as to make a post with a URL so long that it causes a double <br> error in the links.  Outstanding!

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,03:42   

Blimey....take a look at Mullings latest dervish-like post at his place.

I'll give you some pointers if you'd understandably rather not visit. Ready? Deep breath.....

Bob Dylan.

Iran.

Tactical Nukes.

Hal Lindsay.

Netanyahu.

Hitler.

Dawkins.

William Lane Craig.

Turnabout Manipulation.

Amoral cynical heart-numbness.

Leading Intelligent Design blog, Uncommon Descent.

Rom 13:1 – 10.

Gethsemane.

Jesus.

Verdun.

Petain.

Let it rip a hole in our hearts, a sobering hole...

Flak 88.

Rommel.

Those who refuse to learn from bitter history, are doomed to repeat it.

9/11 attacks.

Rivers of blood.

Tangential and poisonous distractive talking point.

Mars Hill.

Red herrings, led away to strawmen soaked in vicious ad hominems.

Following red herrings and cheering on the burning of ad hominem soaked strawmen.

For our civilisation.

I trust this will prove helpful.

END.

:D

damitall

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,03:54   

Montserrat, on the other hand, is a British Overseas Territory, and perhaps people who live there that regularly spew poisonous invective on a US-based web site should perhaps consider their own position with respect to the making of potentially libellous statements.

Quite so. In fact, the nasty little twonk seems to have toned down his overt homophobia since he was reminded of this before

I think that whatever Scots regiment now incorporates the Gordon Highlanders should sue him up ben and down glen for misappropriating their motto "Bydand!"

Its rightful use is earned by brave and honourable folk, Mullings - soldiers who front up to immediate and personal danger of death - not cowardly, contemptible little sacks of invective like you, hiding behind censorship and the denial of rights to reply.

I suspect it's only your obvious proximity to the edge of sanity that prevents you from getting a regular fistical drubbing from your fellow islanders

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,04:21   

Hitler:
The matter is about judgement of individuals and cultures gone wrong to the point where they become plagues on the earth, not wiping out of some races in favour of other races.

http://tinyurl.com/6kx545n....6kx545n

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,04:36   

I think what I'll have to point out to Gordo is that god did not kill all those people. Somebody claimed that god told them to do it.

If god wanted them dead presumably it could have clicked it's fingers and made it so. Like Q could.

Yet for some strange reason Q, er, god, acts through a proxy.

So when Q starts telling Gordo to kill homosexuals, well, keep an eye on the crime reports from his island is my recommendation.

Another "ripper" on the make here.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,06:10   

Quote ( Gordon E Mullings @ aka Kairosfocus, Manjack Heights Montserrat)
As for me, I refuse to either be silenced, or to allow myself to be slandered without serious reply.

{Therefore I deface your posts.-- GEM of TKI of HOMO of IDGAF}

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,06:14   

The monkeys in S America are not from Africa but from asia by way of North america.
They walked over with everyone in a post flood tropical earth.

yes folks, he is serious.  LOL

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,08:43   

Quote (noncarborundum @ Nov. 02 2011,08:31)

This is amazing!  From the same archy thread, BA77 has a link to a video that's actually worth watching!!

An owl, flying directly towards the camera at 1000 frames per second.  I pity any small rodents that ever see a sight like this.

Louis

Who?

;>

Oh well one good Tern deserves another

For old Marty Feldman fans

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

damitall

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,09:09   

Quote (k.e.. @ Nov. 02 2011,08:43)

Louis

Who?

;>

You to-wits all seem to be avian a good time now, but you can't duck out of paying the bill one day.

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,10:16   

Lizzie explains a basic flaw in kairosfocus' argument:
Dr Liddle:

Perhaps, it has not been recognised by you that once the alphabet is discrete state, it is perforce digital?

No, it has not been recognised by me, kf, because it is not true. “Discrete” does not mean the same as “digital”. Letters as used in words are discrete, that does not mean they are digital.

This is even better than the Weasel latching debate because there is absolutely no wiggle room for kairosfocus.  He is purely, simply, clearly wrong.

Now, since rule number one in his mind is that kairosfocus is never wrong and therefore will never admit error, what might we expect as a response?  Could this be the aneurysm trigger or is he immune to cognitive dissonance after all this time of living with it?

fusilier

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,10:21   

Quote (Woodbine @ Nov. 01 2011,18:56)
In a thread in which we throw around the term 'tard' I hesitate to ask, but, is Robert Byers...um...you know, actually slow? Ignoring for a moment the YEC drivel he constantly spews the man is barely literate.

In fact biogeography should ot be used as evidence for a theory of biology.
Its not biology research.
Just a line of reasoning which they need to keep up their hunch they are right.
just scoring where critters are does not count for science in biology.
They have no biology science evidence.

???

I'm pretty sure his problem is organic - to use the terms My Beloved and Darling Wife would use.  (She has 40+ years in special ed, including doctoral level work:  preK through post secondary, LD, EMH, physical handicaps, etc.)

On another forum, when a poster unexpectedly died, Byers was the only anti-science poster to behave in a decent, caring, dare I say Christian?, fashion.

Whatever his faults, Byers has my sympathy for his problems.

--------------
fusilier
James 2:24

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,10:28   

Quote (Patrick @ Nov. 02 2011,10:16)

Dr Liddle:

Perhaps, it has not been recognised by you that once the alphabet is discrete state, it is perforce digital?

No, it has not been recognised by me, kf, because it is not true. “Discrete” does not mean the same as “digital”. Letters as used in words are discrete, that does not mean they are digital.

This is even better than the Weasel latching debate because there is absolutely no wiggle room for kairosfocus.  He is purely, simply, clearly wrong.

Now, since rule number one in his mind is that kairosfocus is never wrong and therefore will never admit error, what might we expect as a response?  Could this be the aneurysm trigger or is he immune to cognitive dissonance after all this time of living with it?

Ed: Onlookers, please note the hostility and strangling blood libel from which Ms. Liddle replies! Her response is not designed to engender discussion and truth seeking, but rather the complete and utter slander of God and the greatness of His design!

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,10:59   

Quote (fusilier @ Nov. 02 2011,11:21)
Quote (Woodbine @ Nov. 01 2011,18:56)
In a thread in which we throw around the term 'tard' I hesitate to ask, but, is Robert Byers...um...you know, actually slow? Ignoring for a moment the YEC drivel he constantly spews the man is barely literate.

In fact biogeography should ot be used as evidence for a theory of biology.
Its not biology research.
Just a line of reasoning which they need to keep up their hunch they are right.
just scoring where critters are does not count for science in biology.
They have no biology science evidence.

???

I'm pretty sure his problem is organic - to use the terms My Beloved and Darling Wife would use.  (She has 40+ years in special ed, including doctoral level work:  preK through post secondary, LD, EMH, physical handicaps, etc.)

On another forum, when a poster unexpectedly died, Byers was the only anti-science poster to behave in a decent, caring, dare I say Christian?, fashion.

Whatever his faults, Byers has my sympathy for his problems.

word up.  booby often acts like somebody, which is rare among his fellow travellers

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,11:20   

Dr Liddle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....Digital

A digital system[1] is a data technology that uses discrete (discontinuous) values.

QED, Mullings, you tiresome bore.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

BillB

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,12:08   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Nov. 02 2011,17:20)

Dr Liddle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.......Digital

A digital system[1] is a data technology that uses discrete (discontinuous) values.

QED, Mullings, you tiresome bore.

DrBot bitchslaps KF:

Dr Bot:

You have some fairly serious explaining to do on another thread.

No I don’t. But I believe you do. I’m getting a bit fed up of the way you preach at and bully others simply because they disagree with you – and quite often people who have considerably more expertise than you.

As for digital logic – it is quite clear that you failed to understand my point. The more I see your posts, riddled with grand claims backed up by no evidence and followed up by bullying attacks on others, the more I am inclined to think … Dunning Kruger.

Please put a sock in your uncivilized behavior and try treating others as you expect to be treated. (Except of course you seem to expect others to treat you as an infallible source of knowledge and truth, which is a bit of a problem considering you are so often wrong)

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,18:25   

Quote (BillB @ Nov. 02 2011,12:08)
DrBot bitchslaps KF:    

Dr Bot:

You have some fairly serious explaining to do on another thread.

No I don’t. But I believe you do. I’m getting a bit fed up of the way you preach at and bully others simply because they disagree with you – and quite often people who have considerably more expertise than you.

As for digital logic – it is quite clear that you failed to understand my point. The more I see your posts, riddled with grand claims backed up by no evidence and followed up by bullying attacks on others, the more I am inclined to think … Dunning Kruger.

Please put a sock in your uncivilized behavior and try treating others as you expect to be treated. (Except of course you seem to expect others to treat you as an infallible source of knowledge and truth, which is a bit of a problem considering you are so often wrong)

Blood libel!  BLOOD LIBEL I TELL YOU!!

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2011,23:48   

Quote (Freddie @ Nov. 02 2011,02:07)
There's nothing to stop someone who is not a British national from being a plaintiff in a British court.  In fact, British courts are often used to settle disputes between two non-Brits with only the most tenuous of circumstances giving some kind of jurisdiction (see the current Abramovitch case).

After Dr. Bot's following comment Kairosfocus can't say he did not know but I guess the Dr wasn't serious in the bolded part:
1.2.2.2.50 DrBot November 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm
Sad, but I need to let you know that per the direct implication of what you have said, you falsely accused me of support for genocide etc.

You LIAR! (slanderer even! )

You really are the most despicable excuse for a human being I have ever had the displeasure of encountering.

I find myself hoping that the god of Christianity exists just because it would be comforting to know that at some point you will ultimately be shown the true scale of your hipocracy.

I have not engaged in the debate over genocide as the record on this blog will attest, yet you now claim that I am accusing you of supporting genocide – that is a flat out lie KF and you know it.

Now do the decent, Christian, thing: withdraw the accusation and apologize – or do I have to get my lawyers involved, I hear that British libel laws can have a long reach ;)

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,01:33   

Anyone read Ubik by Philip K. Dick?

I won't give away the plot but in the story the protagonist, Joe Chip, finds himself in a sort of parallel world which appears to be decaying around him.

I can't help but think that Kairosfocus is trapped in some psychologically equivalent state of mind. No matter where he looks he sees the unfolding collapse of civilization. For instance, responding to the oft quoted quip that any designer worth his salt wouldn't install an "entertainment complex in the middle of a sewer system."

KF laments....

And, why are the reproductive [as in covenant of marriage . . . ] organs viewed as “entertainment” — does that not tell us something very serious about the breakdown of our culture, of family values and structures and stability, etc?

:(

Is there no hope, Gordon? None at all?

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,01:48   

Headline of the week: Hawking Out of His Depth in Discovery Channel Show

Courtesy of that Master of Physics, Bully Arrogant.

Evidence that Hawking is out of his depth?  He disagrees with Bully.

Bully, KF and BA77 - the Trifecta of Ignorant Arrogance.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,04:27   

There's a great tard-fight between O'Leary and Eocene in the Latest Climate Change Scandal... thread and Denese is getting creamed.  Adding to the embarassment is that Eocene is an ID fan.

Must get some popcorn now.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,04:56   

Working link:
Climate Change Scandal

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,06:29   

Gordo:
To willfully twist words out of context and falsely accuse of support for genocide, and so to falsely frame people as what they are not (potentially murderous criminals) in order to stir up hate against them — and that by a man who is now  on video and document record as unable to find anything wrong with infanticide or Hitler’s genocide, like that is blood libel.

So he does the very thing that he's complaining about in the same paragraph?

TARD

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,07:27   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Nov. 03 2011,07:29)
Gordo:
To willfully twist words out of context and falsely accuse of support for genocide, and so to falsely frame people as what they are not (potentially murderous criminals) in order to stir up hate against them — and that by a man who is now  on video and document record as unable to find anything wrong with infanticide or Hitler’s genocide, like that is blood libel.

So he does the very thing that he's complaining about in the same paragraph?

TARD

it's hard work being that big a bitter bag of shit

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,07:36   

Tranmaw, to Eocene in the Climate change thread

NewsNovember 3, 2011 at 4:08 am

It’s true, we haven’t spent a lot of time at other right-wing Christian sites demonizing stuff, but we do have other responsibilities.

FTFY

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,08:22   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Nov. 03 2011,01:48)

Hawking is a pretty smart guy no doubt.  But with this show he proved that even smart people can say stupid things when they are out of their depth...

Fortunately there are no smart people at UD getting out of their depth.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,08:57   

Quote (damitall @ Nov. 02 2011,17:09)
Quote (k.e.. @ Nov. 02 2011,08:43)

Louis

Who?

;>

You to-wits all seem to be avian a good time now, but you can't duck out of paying the bill one day.

oh very Droll & Lock Bird

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,09:00   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Nov. 03 2011,09:48)

Tehy should all be ball gaaged, handcuffed and spanked in memory of Adolf.

....oh wait they already are.

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,10:10   

Quote (Woodbine @ Nov. 02 2011,23:33)
Anyone read Ubik by Philip K. Dick?

I won't give away the plot but in the story the protagonist, Joe Chip, finds himself in a sort of parallel world which appears to be decaying around him.

I can't help but think that Kairosfocus is trapped in some psychologically equivalent state of mind. No matter where he looks he sees the unfolding collapse of civilization. For instance, responding to the oft quoted quip that any designer worth his salt wouldn't install an "entertainment complex in the middle of a sewer system."

[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/darwinism/and-here-we-thought-there-was-only-one-completely-ridiculous-anti-design-article-out-there

/comment-page-1/#comment-407250]KF laments....[/URL]

And, why are the reproductive [as in covenant of marriage . . . ] organs viewed as “entertainment” — does that not tell us something very serious about the breakdown of our culture, of family values and structures and stability, etc?

:(

Is there no hope, Gordon? None at all?

(shrug) Okay, so change "entertainment complex" to "assembly line".  It's still poor planning.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,15:05   

Gordo calculates, er, not sure:

Non specified, so S = 0, so Chi_500 = – 500, negative limit. Well within reach of blind chance and necessity.

Huh?

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]