RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2011,22:55   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 29 2011,04:59)
There is a gem in that [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/why-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-csi-scanner-or-reasonable-and-unreasonable-demands-relating-

to-complex-specified-information/#comment-375485]long-winded post[/URL]:

The answer is that while the CSI of a complex system is calculable, it is not computable, even given a complete physical knowledge of the system. The reason for this fact lies in the formula for CSI.

This hardly needs further comment.

But....oh never mind.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2011,23:07   

Quote (dochocson @ Mar. 29 2011,05:15)
Quote (olegt @ Mar. 28 2011,18:59)
There is a gem in that [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/why-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-csi-scanner-or-reasonable-and-unreasonable-demands-relating-

to-complex-specified-information/#comment-375485]long-winded post[/URL]:

The answer is that while the CSI of a complex system is calculable, it is not computable, even given a complete physical knowledge of the system. The reason for this fact lies in the formula for CSI.

This hardly needs further comment.

I'm not a super-duper computer scientist guy, but what is the alleged difference between "calculable" and "computable"?

Is this one of those things that has real meaning elsewhere and is being applied inappropriately?

no
..and yes

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2011,23:15   

booby outdumbs jonathan M!!!1!!

Robert Byers
03/28/2011
8:22 pm
This YEC creationist agrees biogeography doesn’t help evolution. case in point is the marsupial stuff.
I insist from my research that marsupials are just the same dumb old animals as found elsewhere on the planet in the past or today and simply adapted a minor change in reproduction.
Marsupial wolves, lions, moles, mice, etc are drop dead like their counterpoints elsewhere but are classified as unrelated just because of a few details.
In fact i wrote an essay called “Post Flood Marsupial migration explained” by Robert Byers. Just google.
Its been a classification error to segregate marsupials from placentals. Likewise this has happened constantly in evolutions interpretation of the fossil record.

Indeed perhaps even on Madagaschar the tenrecs likewise are not a segregated family but simply the same creatures as elsewhere who adapted like details in early migration to the island.
I suggest to all creationists here interested in examining biogeography claims just go to youtube and watch the moving or still photos of the extinct marsupial wolf.
is that a wolf or a funny looking kangaroo as evolution teaches?
A hopping flaw in the whole thing.

jesus booby makes jonathan look like a fucking brain surgeon

come to think of it, those motherfuckers need a brain surgeon.  preferably one with an extra brain on hand.

"look at youtube" == "looks designed to me"

to a "man" these sad sacks have the epistemological capacity of a 9 day old kitten

ETA  Booby say "just google".  Hey, do what the "man" says.  there is some rich rich shit overrar.  it aint even english

Subject:

The exclusive marsupial history of Australia need not be an anomaly that of animal migration from the Biblical Ark but rather indicates a new equation needs to be introduced.

To do that I will first list the way science groups present and past mammals.

They group them according to shared body structure attributes that they believe indicate a common origin for each group. It is the inner skeleton or biological workings that they use to indicate relationships of mammals. Other then this they have no evidence. It is all interpretation of what can be observed in living and fossil mammals.

Now here is a selection of the numerous examples of similar creatures from different ancestors as evolution teaches. What will be presented is a selection of the great orders that modern evolutionary biology and paleontology teaches mammals can be divided into. These are present living creatures or only known by the fossil record. Many of these orders are now extinct as far as evolution see it. And all lived from the time of the demise of the Dinosaurs to present. That is from the Cretaceous-teritary time division as Evolutionary geology sees it. About 60 million years. As Creationism sees it this is the time from after the creatures coming off the Ark about 4500 years ago to the present. An order is a division of creatures that shows by its body evidence to have a common ancestor. In the mammal world in each case this common ancestor was an original non-descript rodent- like creature. An order is then divided up by families and then by species.

maybe it's kinda arbitrary to single this shit out

Many of these orders are now extinct as far as evolution see it.

when the whole thing is one huge gleaming turd in the sunset, but jesus christ i laughed my ass off at that.  "as far as evolution see it"?  why doesn't this savant have posting privileges at UD is what I wanna know

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2011,23:26   

"look at youtube" == "looks designed to me"

Naah.  "look at youtube" = "I love you, BA77."

paragwinn

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,00:06   

Quote (didymos @ Mar. 28 2011,16:15)
Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 28 2011,13:16)
2.  KF will shift into high dudgeon, claim she has slandered him and besmirched his honor, and demand that she apologize to him.  

Oh man, that would be the perfect moment for someone to pop in and off-handedly reveal his sooper sekrit ID as Gordon E. Mullings.  I do so love the hysterical conniption fits he throws when that happens.

(emphasis mine)

does that make you a kairo(focus)-maniac?

--------------
All women build up a resistance [to male condescension]. Apparently, ID did not predict that. -Kristine 4-19-11
F/Ns to F/Ns to F/Ns etc. The whole thing is F/N ridiculous -Seversky on KF footnote fetish 8-20-11
Sigh. Really Bill? - Barry Arrington

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,00:46   

Quote (paragwinn @ Mar. 29 2011,08:06)
Quote (didymos @ Mar. 28 2011,16:15)

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 28 2011,13:16)
2.  KF will shift into high dudgeon, claim she has slandered him and besmirched his honor, and demand that she apologize to him.  

Oh man, that would be the perfect moment for someone to pop in and off-handedly reveal his sooper sekrit ID as Gordon E. Mullings.  I do so love the hysterical conniption fits he throws when that happens.

(emphasis mine)

does that make you a kairo(focus)-maniac?

no .....just a pyromaniac

--------------

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,01:17   

Gil is a fucking liar:
I was once in Moran’s camp, but fortunately I am also a mathematician and engineer, which he is obviously not.

Mathematician my well-formed ass. From past posts (link?) we know you are incompetent at high school-level maths, Gilly boy.

--------------
After much reflection I finally realized that the best way to describe the cause of the universe is: the great I AM.

--GilDodgen

MichaelJ

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,02:36   

Quote (Raevmo @ Mar. 29 2011,16:17)
Gil is a fucking liar:

I was once in Moran’s camp, but fortunately I am also a mathematician and engineer, which he is obviously not.

Mathematician my well-formed ass. From past posts (link?) we know you are incompetent at high school-level maths, Gilly boy.

ask  him to help out on the Mathgrrl thread

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,02:59   

CSI can be calculated! You just can't afford it!

I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

You have to remember: it’s an entirely uninteresting problem for me (because it is an impossibility—a “tilting at windmills”).

PaV

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,03:47   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Mar. 29 2011,10:59)

I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

You have to remember: it’s an entirely uninteresting problem for me (because it is an impossibility—a “tilting at windmills”).

PaV

hahahahahahhahah

I WOULDN'T GIVE THAT USELESS CUNT THE TIME OF DAY IF  I OWNED A CLOCK FACTORY LET ALONE A $

--------------

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,04:41   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Mar. 29 2011,08:59)

PaV

It's people like those at UD for whom the word "fucktard" was coined.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,05:55   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Mar. 28 2011,23:15)
come to think of it, those motherfuckers need a brain surgeon.  preferably one with an extra brain on hand.

Done!

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,06:54   

Divine Foot quote number Lewontin-hundred-eleventy!

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,06:55   

well carlson they need to put that sombitch on a better rotation, there are some logorrheic tards over there with serious medical issues

Gordon E Mullings of Montserrat doesn't have time to actually calculate CSI, Oh No, he has many important things to do today and he is checking them off the list.  And apparently the thing most important at 5 am is taking a 4400 word shit all over the mathgrrrl thread.  Does he address the 4 scenarios, dear reader?  Hell no.  

but he does sneak "The Divine Foot"

I hope there really is a divine foot because I am sure that the Divine Footholder would supremely love to kick this stupid bitch so hard in the ass that he gets toejam on his tonsils

ETA  DAMN YOU HERMAGORAS

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

damitall

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,06:55   

Kairosfocus

4400 words in 3 heaps

Digs up Durston, long since buried in fragments

Doesn't mention Lewontin

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,07:00   

Paul Giem:

Your complaint about Kairosfocus is misplaced until you can show that those explanations are not just wishful speculations. Does it really significantly improve the odds of a 747 being formed if instead of a tornado, we have a series of small landslides or creek floodings in the junkyard?

Analogy fail!

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,07:01   

Quote (Raevmo @ Mar. 29 2011,01:17)
Gil is a fucking liar:

By his [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/biology/are-those-without-formal-academic-training-in-evolutionary-biology-justified-in-challengin

g-the-experts/]own admission[/URL]:  

My three college degrees are in foreign language, literature, and music. I now earn my living as a software engineer in aerospace research and development, with specialties in navigation and control software for precision-guided airdrop systems, and most recently in explicit finite-element analysis of dynamic systems. I became interested in software engineering when I discovered artificial intelligence in the mid-1980s, and am the primary author of two world-class AI programs. I am almost completely self-taught in all disciplines outside of those represented by my college degrees.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:11   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Mar. 29 2011,15:01)
Quote (Raevmo @ Mar. 29 2011,01:17)
Gil is a fucking liar:

By his [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/biology/are-those-without-formal-academic-training-in-evolutionary-biology-justified-in-challengin

g-the-experts/]own admission[/URL]:  

My three college degrees are in foreign language, literature, and music. I now earn my living as a software engineer in aerospace research and development, with specialties in navigation and control software for precision-guided airdrop systems, and most recently in explicit finite-element analysis of dynamic systems. I became interested in software engineering when I discovered artificial intelligence in the mid-1980s, and am the primary author of two world-class AI programs. I am almost completely self-taught in all disciplines outside of those represented by my college degrees.

Teh Frill at skool

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:42   

She's back, on attack:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-375534

there's a light (over at the frankenstein place)
there's a light (burning in the fireplace)
theres a light, light, in the darkness of everybody's life.

Edited

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:56   

MathGrrl

03/29/2011

7:38 am

kairosfocus,

Thank you for your copious responses. I appreciate the time you have taken to participate in this thread. My focus here, though, is to get qualitative answers to the questions I posed my original post. I’m sure that we will have the opportunity to discuss your thoughts in other threads and I will, of course, be happy to re-engage with you on this one if you choose to provide the definition and calculations I’ve requested.

PS: Durston’s metric is not the same as Dembski’s. It might be interesting to discuss, but it isn’t applicable to my questions.

there are only so many times you can be that polite before you start calling tards tards

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:57   

Frill tarded thus

I became interested in software engineering when I discovered artificial intelligence in the mid-1980s,

Wait, THAT twink discovered artificial intelligence?

bwaahahahahahahaha

--------------

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:58   

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 28 2011,15:16)
Now, here is how it going to play out from here:  

1.  Mathgrrl will likely respond that he has poured forth another magnum opus without having even remotely addressed her question.  

3.  She will respond incredulously that she did not mean to offend him and apologizes if she did.  

4.  He will deem the apology insufficient and declare his imminent flounce out unless she apologizes correctly.  

5.  She will roll her eyes and move on.  

6.  Despite his claim that he will not engage with her until his honor has been restored, he won't concede the last word but, rather, will continue to bless the conversation with his voluminous posts that will never address the central question, but will always reference his unrequited sense of grievance.

Okay, so it isn't really clever.  But, it is classic KF.

Okay. With this comment, mathgrrl has fulfilled the predicted step 1.  

Next up: Gordon will return with his hackles up, accuse Mathgrrl of ignoring the obvious fallacies of her position (on the merits), willfully misrepresenting him, and generally not debating honestly. He will demand she behave civilly and acknowledge his points.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,08:59   

Joe:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-375545

But we see design in designed stuff and 'no design' can't do that. Have you ever seen a non designed designed thing?

Joe, sweetheart. CSI should be calculated. You've never 'observed it' because apparently non of you can do the math.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:04   

MathGrrl

03/29/2011

7:59 am

Joseph,

every time we have observed CSI and knew the cause it has always ben via some designing agency

You have yet to define CSI rigorously, so that claim is not even wrong.

mathgrrrl, meet our widdle friend Joseph.  not even wrong should be the name of his blag

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:23   

Gotta love Joey G

Joseph: "It has been defined rigorously. That you can act all obtuse about it doesn’t phase me any."

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:36   

Joe:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-375553

..However we can use his methodology for measuring specified information...

Go on then... oh wait. We can, but not for anything you ask.

--------------

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:41   

Here's an old embarrassing display of Frilly Gilly's failure to solve a high school level math problem.

The fact that the thread hasn't been deleted demonstrates conclusively that Gil's doesn't even realize how incompetent it makes him look.

Dunning-Kruger much, Gil?

--------------
After much reflection I finally realized that the best way to describe the cause of the universe is: the great I AM.

--GilDodgen

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:42   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 29 2011,17:36)
Joe:

[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/why-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-csi-scanner-or-reasonable-and-unreasonable-demands-relating-

to-complex-specified-information/#comment-375553]http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-375553[/URL]

..However we can use his methodology for measuring specified information...

Go on then... oh wait. We can, but not for anything you ask.

unless you've got 1 Million Dollars

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,09:57   

MathGrrl: "Is it or is it not possible to measure, with some degree of precision, the CSI present in a particular artifact?"

Joe G:  "It would depend on what the artifact is"

So an object only has CSI if I say it has CSI.

Joe G: "I don’t believe that was what the concept was designed to do but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done"

So the concept of CSI wasn't introduced as a way to objectively recognize design.  It was introduced as a way to sell more hand-waving filled books to the mouth-breathing ID rubes.  

Thanks for clearing that up Joe.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2011,10:17   

william murray is confused about what the fuck a "null hypothesis" is

William J. Murray

03/29/2011

8:49 am

Another question is: if there is no method that acceptably demonstrates that a phenomena is the result of intelligent agency, how can it be claimed as a matter of scientific fact that something is not the result of intelligent agency?

If one cannot calculate or scientifically describe X, one can certainly not calculate or scientifically describe not-X. If intelligence cannot be claimed, neither can chance (non-intelligence) to be factually responsible.

pssssst, hey stupid......  are you blaming this guy?

cause, um, he might fuck you up

--------------

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]