RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (121) < ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... >   
  Topic: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed., Sternberg, Gonzalez, Crocker - A film< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,04:46   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 14 2009,03:34)
Hate to burst your little bubble, ERV, but Edmondson was as much a part of the Premise team as anyone. He worked out of the Premise office, he was on the Premise payroll, "Beware the Believers" was overseen by the same producers as Expelled. I was responsible for bringing Matt Chandler onto the project as writer, and I even did the research and wrote the original scripts on which the rap was based. So if you love Edmondson, you kind of have to love the entire Premise team--including me. :)

So Kevvo, to return to one of your favourite invidious comparisons:  "So if you love Edmondson Germany, you kind of have to love the entire Premise team--including me Hitler. :)"

Does the starkly fallacious nature of your {ahem} "logic" stand out at you yet?

Dumb, unthinking and misguidedly smug about it: these aren't traits you wish to advertise Kevvo. I wonder why you do. Trolling is a real life phenomenon as well as an online one. Doesn't a grown man, presumably like yourself, have better things to do than to odiously oleaginate his self satisfaction with a demonstrably false propaganda piece all over various media?

Louis

--------------
Bye.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,07:22   

Seriously, who gives a rat's ass what a Bush administration economist thinks about fiscal policy at this point? It's about like asking Dembski on to talk about evolution. Why would you bother except for comedic effect?

I'd be a bit more impressed with the incoming administration if key members of congress -- still in office -- weren't on tape from two years ago telling us the icebergs were just an illusion and Freddie and Fannie were just fine.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,12:40   

Quote (deejay @ Jan. 13 2009,23:53)

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 13 2009,22:34)
... I even did the research...

Cue Dorothy Parker -

You can lead a whore to culture, but...

You cannot make him think.
Hakani’ is a film produced by the American fundamentalist missionary organisation Youth With a Mission.

It claims to be the “true story” of a Brazilian Indian child called Hakani who was supposedly buried alive by her tribe, the Suruwaha.

In fact, the film was faked – and even the missionaries who produced it ‘admit there is no way to verify what they say happened‘.

Interesting. More controversy.

Director David Cunningham's father founded Youth with a Mission, BTW. Geez, we "Darwinists" could learn a thing or two about "networking."

Guess who studied at the University of...wait for it...Waterloo!

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,18:18   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Jan. 14 2009,08:22)
Seriously, who gives a rat's ass what a Bush administration economist thinks about fiscal policy at this point? It's about like asking Dembski on to talk about evolution. Why would you bother except for comedic effect?

I'd be a bit more impressed with the incoming administration if key members of congress -- still in office -- weren't on tape from two years ago telling us the icebergs were just an illusion and Freddie and Fannie were just fine.

Well, I'm not an economist. I don't know if the good sounding stuff coming from the incoming administration will do jack squat about improving the economy.

But one needn't be an economist to see where the outgoing administration's policies have led. I don't know what we need, but I do know that I don't want no more of what we've had, and I'm not sure why anyone who helped put us where we are isn't laughed right off the radio.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,18:49   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 13 2009,21:34)
Hate to burst your little bubble, ERV, but Edmondson was as much a part of the Premise team as anyone. He worked out of the Premise office, he was on the Premise payroll, "Beware the Believers" was overseen by the same producers as Expelled.

*puts on her sunglasses and smiles*

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,19:15   

Quote (ERV @ Jan. 14 2009,18:49)
Hate to burst your little bubble, ERV, but Edmondson was as much a part of the Premise team as anyone. He worked out of the Premise office, he was on the Premise payroll, "Beware the Believers" was overseen by the same producers as Expelled.

Cheshire Cat smile, or Shark smile???

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 14 2009,19:17   

Quote (J-Dog @ Jan. 14 2009,20:15)
Quote (ERV @ Jan. 14 2009,18:49)

Cheshire Cat smile, or Shark smile???

I recall something referred to as CEG: Canary Eating Grin (from a cartoon cat).

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

kevinmillerxi

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,21:34   

Louis,

If you insist on bringing up the Nazis, at least get your analogy straight. What I said about Edmondson is more akin to: "If you love Leni Reifenstahl, you kind of have to love the entire Third Reich--including Hitler." (Not that I'm equating Edmondson to Reifenstahl, Premise to the Third Reich, or me to Hitler)

Does the starkly fallacious nature of your {ahem} "logic" stand out at [sic] you yet?

Dumb, unthinking and misguidedly smug--sounds like a bad case of projection, Louis.

As for me being a troll, you've devoted an entire thread to tearing apart Expelled and assasinating the character of everyone involved. If I'm a troll, what does that make you guys? I consider myself more of an honored guest.

K

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,21:42   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 15 2009,21:34)
Louis,

If you insist on bringing up the Nazis, at least get your analogy straight. What I said about Edmondson is more akin to: "If you love Leni Reifenstahl, you kind of have to love the entire Third Reich--including Hitler." (Not that I'm equating Edmondson to Reifenstahl, Premise to the Third Reich, or me to Hitler)

Does the starkly fallacious nature of your {ahem} "logic" stand out at [sic] you yet?

Dumb, unthinking and misguidedly smug--sounds like a bad case of projection, Louis.

As for me being a troll, you've devoted an entire thread to tearing apart Expelled and assasinating the character of everyone involved. If I'm a troll, what does that make you guys? I consider myself more of an honored guest.

K

Kevin you ARE an ignorant moron.

If you are addressing anything to Louis, please have the decency to do it at a normal hour - it's 3:37 am in London right now!

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,21:59   

Silly J-Dog. If Kevin had one shred of decency, he wouldn't have been involved with Expelled.

Save your breath.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,22:07   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Jan. 15 2009,22:59)
Silly J-Dog. If Kevin had one shred of decency, he wouldn't have been involved with Expelled.

Save your breath.

It's difficult to claim any shred of decency once you've sold your integrity to lying liars.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,22:42   

Damn, someone already called Kev-0 an ignorant moron.

Yes, Kev-0 you are ignorant as in uneducated.  Purposefully stupid, I'd say.

And, yes, in case you're interested, I'm a whole lot more educated and smarter than you. So, don't even go there unless you have a Ph.D. which you don't.

Why you bother posting on this site is beyond me.  There's nothing to be gained other than your continued humiliation.  

But, while you're here and so terribly interested in all the stuff we do, perhaps you'd like to tell us about how Caroline Crocker got Expelled by the Discovery Institute.

Fascinating story, Kev-0, don't you think?

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 15 2009,23:42   

Hate to burst your little bubble, ERV, but Edmondson was as much a part of the Premise team as anyone. He worked out of the Premise office, he was on the Premise payroll, "Beware the Believers" was overseen by the same producers as Expelled. I was responsible for bringing Matt Chandler onto the project as writer, and I even did the research and wrote the original scripts on which the rap was based. So if you love Edmondson, you kind of have to love the entire Premise team--including me. :)

After re-reading this again today while looking for the last post I read, I have to say, WTF?  One thing does not logically follow.  I can like, say, Tony Romo (I don't, btw), while simultaneously thinking his team is a bunch of good-for-nothing drug-using posers with delusions of adequacy.  I've watched many movies - let's take the latest crappy Star Wars - I've liked (to watch) Natalie Portman, but hated her partner in crime, the wooden kid.  It's like watching Scooby-Doo and liking Scooby, but hating Scrappy.  You get the idea.

Sorry, but liking, respect...things like that aren't like water or man-seed, you don't get to bathe in the splatter and feel like a king.  There's no splash effect on respect.  You either have it or you don't.

Damn, is there anyone I didn't offend in that?  :O
(it's been that kind of day, I guess)

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Reed

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,00:49   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 15 2009,19:34)
As for me being a troll, you've devoted an entire thread to tearing apart Expelled and assasinating the character of everyone involved.

Hahaha. Let's see, your little propaganda movie
- Equated science with nazism.
- Implied that the scientific community was engaged in an active conspiracy to suppress the advancement of human knowledge.
- Accused various people and institutions unjustly "expelling" various people, by grossly misrepresenting the circumstances involved.

...but you think the name calling here is character assassination ?

Ah well, at least you got a glowing review from Roger Ebert.

Bueller_007

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,01:13   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 15 2009,20:34)
Louis,

K

Holy crap!  A chance to interact with a real-life Expello-tard.

I really liked your movie.  The best part was the lying.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,01:53   

Quote (Bueller_007 @ Jan. 16 2009,02:13)

there were other parts?

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,02:29   

kevinmiller wrote:

I am reminded of the lyrics to a Steely Dan tune.  It goes something like this:  

Show biz kids making movies of themselves
You know they don't give a fuck about anybody else

Just how much money did your film lose, anyway?

Ha ha.  Keep in mind, sometimes people who lose a lot of money in the film industry wake up with a horse's head in their bed.  Just be careful who you owe.
:O
Ha ha.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,05:27   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 16 2009,03:34)
Louis,

K

Kevvo, Kevvo, Kevvo,

As per usual, your understanding is at the "yoghurt" level.

My mentioning if the Nazis is what we here in the adult world call "a joke". I am mocking you, get used to the feeling. The reason for me mentioning Nazis is because in your woefully inaccurate propaganda piece you, and your eternally clueless chums, made invidious comparisons with Nazis left and right. The analogy wasn't meant to be accurate mapping of "you" onto "nazi" or any such thing (in fact its very inaccuracy highlights this part nicely), it was a) meant to highlight the dishonest smearing of the majority of working scientists that you did in the movie and b) to highlight the illogic of your asinine cliam that if you love one thing about X you must love other things about X. So another swing and a miss from you Kevvo. You're doing SO well! Way to avoid the substantial point and focus on your own misunderstanding!

As for the trolling/projection comments: I think you'll find whining about character assassination by someone who a) doesn't even have the first clue about the scientific subject he made a movie about (and allegedly "researched") and b) made a series of cowardly and dishonest accusations about working scientists simply because you don't like some aspect of science, is so hypocritical it borders on irony. Frankly Kevvo, anyone with the minimum reasoning ability of a houseplant (and this is a set of people that clearly doesn't include you, houseplants are to you and your IDeological ilk what Einstein is to cheese) realises that this whine on your part is yet another swing and a miss. Doesn't that make you out? I was never too familiar with the rules of baseball.

Trolling is a behavioural phenomenon in which a person/persons do/say something to deliberately illicit a negative reaction and to distract from relevant effort. Like I said, this is not a phenomenon restricted to the internet that named it so. Your movie is as obnoxious a piece of trolling as anything else. If "Expelled" was well thought out, accurate, honest and presented a sound scientific case it would have been a useful contribution to any discussion. It wasn't any of these things.

Your personal behaviour on THIS website has been to interject meaningless pablum and whine about us meanies whilst failing to present one single defence of the ideas and claims in your movie. That is, at the very least indicative of your rather pathetic mindset, and at the worst deliberately disruptive (ergo: trolling). In fact, just like your odious movie, you deliberately try to avoid substantive claims/implications and instead focus on nonsensical whines about how very, very persecuted you are by a piece of the online universe that doesn't intrude into your life one iota. Another swing and a miss from you Kevvo. 4 strikes? (Three of them just in this post!) Dude, even a UKian who doesn't play baseball is becoming suspicious!

Oh and by the way, when your best retort to any critique is the playground-esque "I know you are you said you are but what am I", my advice is to give up because you're clearly too pathetic for words. And I do mean give up on everything, life included. As a grown man you really shouldn't be that pathetically infantile. Your suicidal method of choice should probably not involve a drug overdose as those evil Darwinian medics and pharmaceutical scientists are bound to have got their science wrong because there wasn't enough Jesus in it. I suggest a good high cliff and some jagged rocks. That Newton was a God fearing man after all.*

Lastly, and of course most amusingly, you complain about a tiny segment of the internet, where a few people have come together to share their individual ideas and opinions, has set up a thread to excoriate a demonstrably false and dishonest propaganda piece (that would be your movie, keep up). Wow, for a supposed advocate of the "little guy" and "free speech" you seem to have missed the point somewhere along the line. Golly Gosh Mr Big Hollywood Man how're us jes' plain folks to compete?

{KABLOOM}

Oops sorry, my irony meter just blew up....again.

You, and the Expelled team, made a movie that was distributed across the USA. In it you made, amongst a series of invidious comparisons and gross misrepresentations, a number of claims. Those claims (and the concomitant comparisons etc) have been dissected, refuted and thoroughly destroyed. To be fair, since there wasn't a single original part of your movie, the work was done before you shat it onto the movie screens, but I digress. Do you seriously expect it NOT to be criticised in any manner? Is our tiny corner of the online world (unadvertised in any meaningful manner, not backed by a budget of millions etc) so threatening to you? I suggest growing a thicker skin if you are to continue in public life.

Honoured guest? Who invited you? Who honoured you? Oopsie. Another swing and a miss. 5 in total? Not good at all methinks. You're welcome here, and of course welcome to contribute like any other person, and, also like any other person, it's your ideas that will determine how you are treated. And Kevvo, thus far, your ideas are getting you mocked. A lot.

Lastly, and for the record: I support Intelligent Design Creationists and other Creationists of all stripes. Yes you read me correctly. Let me elaborate. I support your right to your opinion, to express that opinion freely and to make whatever movies etc you think you need to, however disgustingly dishonest they might be. I support your right to criticise that which you think needs criticising and attempt to change that which you think needs changing. Just like I would support these things for anyone. This doesn't exempt you from critique, this doesn;t exempt you from mockery, and this doesn't mean (in some faux relativist way) that all claims are equal. What it means is that your entitlement to express them is equal to anyone else's.

Do I need to point out that this doesn't include inserting demonstrable non-science (and nonsense) into school/university science curricula? ID creationism (and it's elder brethren species of creationism) are simply not scientific. They might, just, be philosophical or theological ideologies (but to be fair they fail to even manage those exceedingly low criteria) and therefore usefully included in curricula discussing those topics, but science they ain't. No matter what special pleading you make. They barely even make the Cargo Cult appearance of science, despite the best efforts of their perpetually deluded adherents. When IDC starts making testable predictions that aren't accurately lampooned by The Flying Spaghetti Monster then it will be taken more seriously. Until then it remains what it has thus far been demonstrated to be: the latest in a series of sociopolitical gambits to force a specific religious world view into science as if it were science, which as has been demonstrated time and again, it isn't.

Oh and Kevvo, just a piece of advice, don't bring a rubber chicken to a gunfight. In a battle of wits you are so demonstrably unarmed as to be distressingly pathetic. Now go away or say something worth reading please.

Louis

*For the hard of thought, yes Kevvo and chums this would be you, I am absolutely not advocating Kevvo rid this world of his asinine presence. This is what we call "humour" and "hyperbole". Look them up, they really are quite fun.

--------------
Bye.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,05:32   

Quote (stevestory @ Jan. 16 2009,07:53)
Quote (Bueller_007 @ Jan. 16 2009,02:13)

there were other parts?

No.

And I've watched it. Twice. With a notepad.

Louis

P.S. I didn't pay to watch it though. Hey Kevvo, get your friend Dembski to set Homeland Security on me. Tee Hee.

--------------
Bye.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,07:27   

Beautiful post Louis (sniff)...

So that's why we put up with you and keep you around!

But srsly - excellent take down - well said, er typed....

--------------

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 16 2009,08:26   

Quote (J-Dog @ Jan. 16 2009,13:27)
Beautiful post Louis (sniff)...

So that's why we put up with you and keep you around!

But srsly - excellent take down - well said, er typed....

Thankyewthankyew.

Be nice to Kevvo though, it doesn't matter that he has a tantrum at ~3am UK time, waking up and knocking the dishonest little propaganda shill about whilst I have coffee is a amusing.

Or at least it is currently amusing. If it ceases to be so, then I'll cease to play with Kevvo.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

kevinmillerxi

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,11:07   

Quantity over quality, hey Louis? I guess when you’re wrong; barking really loud will fool most of the folks most of the time. Right J-dog? "Yeah, Louis. You're so cool. I really loved it when you said..."

Keep it at the third grade level, keep playing to the peanut gallery, and who knows? Maybe Kristine might honor you with a shimmy (shudder at the thought). But wouldn't it be simpler to admit that your Germany/Nazi analogy was inaccurate and that anonymous character assassination is your forte? And now you're bragging about pirating a copy of Expelled? You're turning out to be a real class act, Louis. I'm glad at least SOMEONE is standing up there on the moral high ground...

Lowell

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,11:31   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 17 2009,11:07)
But wouldn't it be simpler to admit that your Germany/Nazi analogy was inaccurate and that anonymous character assassination is your forte?

Bwah, hah, hah, hah, hah!

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

--------------
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most well documented events of antiquity. Barry Arrington, Jan 17, 2012.

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,11:39   

Quote (Lowell @ Jan. 17 2009,11:31)
Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 17 2009,11:07)
But wouldn't it be simpler to admit that your Germany/Nazi analogy was inaccurate and that anonymous character assassination is your forte?

Bwah, hah, hah, hah, hah!

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

HA HA THIS IS KEVINELEVEN

Hey Kevin?  Self awareness?  Ur doin it rong!

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,13:29   

Quote (kevinmillerxi @ Jan. 17 2009,17:07)
Quantity over quality, hey Louis? I guess when you’re wrong; barking really loud will fool most of the folks most of the time. Right J-dog? "Yeah, Louis. You're so cool. I really loved it when you said..."

Keep it at the third grade level, keep playing to the peanut gallery, and who knows? Maybe Kristine might honor you with a shimmy (shudder at the thought). But wouldn't it be simpler to admit that your Germany/Nazi analogy was inaccurate and that anonymous character assassination is your forte? And now you're bragging about pirating a copy of Expelled? You're turning out to be a real class act, Louis. I'm glad at least SOMEONE is standing up there on the moral high ground...

Okie dokie Kevvo,

I was going to explain all the whiny errors in your asinine little post, in fact I did, but then I grasped a central fact: not only don't you care, you cannot understand, so I deleted it and plumbed for this instead. So to keep things very brief, I'm going to reiterate one simple point, and expand on one other point.

1) The "Nazi" analogy. As explained before it was DELIBERATELY badly mapped. The bad mapping serves to highlight the illogic. Just like it does not logically follow that to love one piece of Edmondson's work you must therefore love the entire Expelled team and therefore you, it does not follow that if you love Germany you must love Hitler. The fact that "Germany" is a collective noun and "Edmondson" isn't, is entirely irrelevant to the fact the process of logic you are advocating is fallacious. The exact mapping of one element of your analogy onto one element of mine isn't the issue I was highlighting (in fact as I said, bad mapping highlighted your poor logic even better) it's the format of the analogy itself that's flawed. I'm not sure I can put this more simply for you. Your belief or understanding of this is unimportant. Your opinion of me doesn't matter.

2) Sorry but where did I say I had a pirated copy of Expelled? Are you accusing me, in writing, of the internationally recognised crime of video piracy? Is that not in and of itself a baseless and libellous accusation since you have no evidence to support said claim?

I said I didn't pay to watch it, and this is the truth, I didn't. Now, can you think of any way, other than criminal piracy, I might get to see a movie (twice) without paying a single penny? I'll give you some time. Perhaps you can give some examples when you apologise for your libellous remarks about my (undemonstrable) criminality.

So then where to go from here? I know, I've an idea! Since you've decided to treat we here at AtBC with your presence how about we get specific. How about we ignore all this other stuff and you actually get down to brass tacks. You said you did some of the research for Expelled, how about you present some of it for analysis, see if it stands up to scrutiny? That will be a nice substantial thing (note: this thing called "substance", that's what you're avoiding).

Like I said Kevvo, don't bring a rubber chicken to a gunfight. You really don't have the intellectual muscle for this sort of thing.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,13:46   

You know, I just got around to watching this movie.

Bizarre.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,13:51   

Kev-0!  In order to have one's character assassinated one has to have character in the first place.

You have demonstrated and admitted that you are dishonest and that you perpetrated lies in your screen play for Expelled.  Remember the teeth-pulling thread in which you stated that Sternberg was, in fact, not expelled?

Character is demonstrated when you stand up in a planning meeting and say, "Wait a second, Sternberg wasn't expelled.  Nor was Crocker or Gonzalez.  It would be dishonest to present it otherwise."

Of course, you would have no longer been the screenwriter, but you would have demonstrated character.

Rather what you did, Kev-0, was to sit down in the planning meeting and conspire to lead the viewer to believe that Sternberg, Crocker and Gonzalez were persecuted and expelled.  (Crocker has since, however, been expelled by the Discovery Institute, but that will have to wait for Expelled II)

So, Kev-0, the bottom line is that you are dishonest and a liar.  Lying is intending to mislead and dishonesty is falsely claiming otherwise.  Your character hasn't been assassinated, it's been revealed.  Your actions do seem to bug you which is the only reason I can imagine that you come around here to have your nose rubbed in it.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,14:31   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Jan. 17 2009,19:46)
You know, I just got around to watching this movie.

Bizarre.

I particularly liked the bit with the Nazis......oh no, wait, I didn't.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

kevinmillerxi

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,15:00   

Doc Bill:

You're right, there's a lot of character being revealed in this thread--yours included. But you do raise an interesting question: Why do I keep coming back here? I was asking myself the same thing last night. I guess it comes down to three things:

1) Plain, old curiosity. I don't know you people, so I'm not overly concerned with what you think about me or Expelled (I have my own thoughts on both subjects), but I'm always open to criticism (and some of what I've read here is certainly valid), and frankly, I'm always curious to hear what some of you will come up with next.

2) I love a challenge, and a few of you definitely provide that.

3) Something that really irked me during the time I worked on Expelled was the fact that people who occupied the various sides of this debate were more interested in hunkering down in their chosen corner and talking ABOUT the people who disagreed with them rather than actually trying to engage the other side(s). I identified this thread as one of those places where people were hunkering down, so I thought I'd crash the party. I realize that's never going to get me voted Mr. Popularity, but at least it gives me the satisfaction of knowing I'm not one of those people.

That said, there's only so many times we can go around the same Mulberry bush. So perhaps it's time I brought my sojourn here to an end. All in favor?

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 17 2009,15:29   

We know just how averse you are to talking about someone else.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

3612 replies since Aug. 12 2007,07:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (121) < ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]