RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,12:14   

ID erm UD ain't about the babble, nosirree

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,12:46   

Quote (Raevmo @ Sep. 30 2009,09:44)
That has to be one of the weirdest threads EVER.

Somehow Clive still manages to pile up the tard even higher:

I think you’re pet theory may be right. The derivative of the original creation was changed as a result of the fall, and as a result death was introduced into the world. Remember also that prior to the flood, there were no carnivorous animals, so two dispensational changes have occurred (fall and flood) to get to the present, both of which had physiological impacts on the very created order of nature and all of life.

(my bold)

WTF? Prior to the flood? I thought it was prior to the fall, which is weird enough.

Note how he says "remember" -- as if Clive and his deranged YEC buddies were actual witnesses.

Prior to the "Flood" meat was forbidden and then allowed afterward. See Genesis 9:3.  :D  :D  :D

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,13:34   

Does that make vegans antediluvian?

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,13:47   

Prior to the "Flood" meat was forbidden and then allowed afterward. See Genesis 9:3.  :D  :D  :D

But wasn't one of Adam's kids a shepherd?

Henry

KCdgw

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,14:24   

Quote (Henry J @ Sep. 30 2009,13:47)

But wasn't one of Adam's kids a shepherd?

Henry

Um..sheep are domesticated primarily for wool, not meat.

--------------
Those who know the truth are not equal to those who love it-- Confucius

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,15:08   

Oh.

dogdidit

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,15:09   

I call sock. And a darned good one, too.
absolutist
09/30/2009
2:10 pm

Consciousness doesn’t store anything in the brain. Long-term memories aren’t found in the brain. Brain aren’t hard drives and neuro-scientists only establish correlations between brain states and states of consciousness. The usual objection is: but then how come when you get brain damage or Parkinson’s you can’t remember things? But, if your car breaks down do you immediately think you are your car?

Brains are super cool but too many people have been brainwashed by Hollywood to think that brains are computers, people are animals and loose behavior is the norm.

--------------
"Humans carry plants and animals all over the globe, thus introducing them to places they could never have reached on their own. That certainly increases biodiversity." - D'OL

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,15:42   

We are fortunate indeed to be able to share these extracts from Dan Brown's new book, Faith and Flagella. Sadly, the pages are not all contiguous, but I'm sure that Onlookers will see what a thrilling, uplifting read it is.

Edited by Lou FCD on Sep. 30 2009,17:26

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,16:22   

Quote (Amadan @ Sep. 30 2009,15:42)
We are fortunate indeed to be able to share these extracts from Dan Brown's new book, Faith and Flagella. Sadly, the pages are not all contiguous, but I'm sure that Onlookers will see what a thrilling, uplifting read it is.

PoTW.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:06   

good gog amadan you have outdone yourself this time.  stellar

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:16   

Fantastic. I'm still howling. How long have you been working this up, I ask questioningly?

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:28   

The idea of doing a UD Dan Brown kind of bubbled up about a month ago but I left it to ferment. I was bored today trying to write an article on the Lisbon Treaty so I gave up and just threw it together over about 3 hours. Doing the book formatting took about 45 mins.

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

steve_h

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:39   

Brilliant! I've learned a new word, mustela, and had my stomach churned by some imagery that Maya would've been proud of.

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:58   

I said "LOL" with characteristic modesty many times, Amadan. You are the KING (for a week)!

P.S. Watch out for richertahugs, he likes stealing the robes and crown -- he says they're his

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

Advocatus Diaboli

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,17:58   

But was it a cucumber or something else in Denyse Canoochey's room? I need to know.

--------------
I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

"I freely admit I’m a sociopath" - DaveScot

"Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID." - scordova

"UD is the greatest website of all time." stevestory

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,18:07   

Quote (deadman_932 @ Sep. 30 2009,17:58)
I said "LOL" with characteristic modesty many times, Amadan. You are the KING (for a week)!

P.S. Watch out for richertahugs, he likes stealing the robes and crown -- he says they're his

Richard's attempts to disrobe me are a hazard I have learnt to live with.

--------------

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,18:09   

Quote (Advocatus Diaboli @ Sep. 30 2009,17:58)
But was it a cucumber or something else in Denyse Canoochey's room? I need to know.

I guess you just happened to have that picture on your desktop, eh, Adv?

Yeah, right...

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,19:04   

Amadan - OUTSTANDING!  I want to buy the whole book, and of course the movie rights.

Somebody has GOT to have a puppet to sacrifice - you could dine out free for years on telling the story of how this went over at UD!

(Wes - back channel to the Dr. Dr.??)

In related news, sorry it took so long to comment, but I have found new way to pay the bills, and so, can not be playing on my favorite sites... until I break in the new boss correctly.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,23:23   

goog dod cornelius is one stupid bastard

he can't even fucking link to his own stupid blag correctly.

don't actually go there for the love of drain hair

tard

some funny comments there though.

"I should really start working out so my children will be Arnold Schwarzenegger! I hope my grasp of calculus gets passed down through the sperm too!"

Shouldn't need to work out, maybe you could just mate in front of a pic of Arnie.

Gen 30:37-39:
And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods. And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink. And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.

hahahahahahaha

khan is that you or some other khan?

anyway from the UD thread of the same stupid

joe tard is a regular god damned genius

Joseph
09/30/2009
6:18 am
PZ sez “epigenetics isn’t Lamarkism”?

Let’s see Larmarkism is the inheritance of acquired traits.

With epigenetics organisms can inherit acquired traits (agouti mice).

It is obvious that the two have nuthin’ in common- that is if you are a complete dolt.

Joseph
09/30/2009
6:18 am
PZ sez “epigenetics isn’t Lamarkism”?

Let’s see Larmarkism is the inheritance of acquired traits.

With epigenetics organisms can inherit acquired traits (agouti mice).

It is obvious that the two have nuthin’ in common- that is if you are a complete dolt.

what's dumber, misunderstanding the concept or posting the comment twice?  both.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2009,23:27   

the rest of that UD thread is stellar.  what a concentration of stupid.  you get that much stupid in one place you should set it on fire.

--------------

Advocatus Diaboli

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,06:38   

Quote (Amadan @ Sep. 30 2009,18:09)
Quote (Advocatus Diaboli @ Sep. 30 2009,17:58)

I guess you just happened to have that picture on your desktop, eh, Adv?

Yeah, right...

You don't wanna see my vegetable file.

--------------
I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

"I freely admit I’m a sociopath" - DaveScot

"Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID." - scordova

"UD is the greatest website of all time." stevestory

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,06:56   

Corny can't stop itchin the wound!Our boy Cornelius just can't leave Karl Giberson alone:
1 October 2009
An Open Letter to Karl Giberson
Cornelius Hunter
Dr. Karl Giberson
President, BioLogos Foundation

Dear Dr. Giberson:

As a professor, author and President of the BioLogos Foundation, you have powerful communication tools at your disposal. You have access to major media outlets and you speak with scientific authority. In short, you are a teacher with a very large audience. This is an enormous teaching responsibility which I am sure you take seriously. For this reason I want to alert you to a fundamental mistake which you and the BioLogos Foundation have made. Given the magnitude of your teaching responsibility I hope that you will carefully consider this situation and take the appropriate corrective measures.   Read more
And when you read more, you find the Fundamental Mistake:
Your mistake is that you present evolution as a well-established scientific fact.
Unfortunately, he's being too polite.  Not too much chance of another Conservapedia debacle.  But it should be interesting anyway.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,08:15   

Faith and teh blagella @ Pharyngula.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/10/faith_and_flagella.php

(I tipped PZ off)

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,08:18   

Probably too many in-jokes. They'll get the Triceratops one, though.

--------------

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,08:49   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Oct. 01 2009,08:15)
Faith and teh blagella @ Pharyngula.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/10/faith_and_flagella.php

(I tipped PZ off)

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,10:13   

not me

I can only watch in awe

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,10:37   

Quote (khan @ Oct. 01 2009,10:13)

not me

I can only watch in awe

rather than throwing stones from the sidelines, it seems like it would be more productive to actually replicate Kammerer's experiment and see what happens.

Sounds like fun.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,10:40   

Quote (afarensis @ Sep. 28 2009,22:38)
Quote (Bob O'H @ Sep. 28 2009,11:49)
Quote (sparc @ Sep. 28 2009,11:38)
Let's see what UD wil make out of this.

Oh now that's interesting.  I'm co-author on a paper about gene regulation on the stickleback sex chromosome.

That is so cool! Sticklebacks are almost as cool as primates. Is there a link to the paper you co-authored?

No, it's still under review.  But there's plenty more stickleback goodness here (I'm the Clive Hayden wannabe for that blog)

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

franky172

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,11:34   

Rasputin keeps the ball rolling with KF, by explaining the difference between what is being simulated (evolutionary mechanisms) and what is taken as given (the laws of physics) in antennae design with GA's.  Of course, KF should understand this already, having penned well over 20,000 words on GA's in the past few weeks alone.

Will KF understand the difference?  Magic 8-Ball says "Ask again later".

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,11:37   

I think I've found the new ID 'filter' on this the skin pigmentation thread: if someone makes a pretty YouTube video they understand-then its in the realm of Evolution.  If they don't understand it, the system is designed.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/evoluti....omments

"....this could actually be an example of genuine Darwinian evolution."

"...Anyway, it’s pretty darn strong evidence for Darwinian evolution."

"Actually, this is exactly the kind of thing that I think is totally driven by Darwinian evolution — modification of the frequency of existing alleles."

Umm.....are the thought police on vacation? They better hurry back before their followers see this:

Oldest Human Skeleton Found---Disproves missing Link

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]