RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,20:19   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 07 2014,20:09)
I'm just finding ID-related stuff almost depression-inducingly boring these days.

Id just like to them to do something interesting / positive.

Try and calculate CSI / DFIASCO
Do some experiments / research

All we get is "news" using POPSCI soundbites to cast doubt on science, Barry and KF getting into deep apologetics (ASSF) and Sal trying to make UD a YEC venue

Unfortunately they are more boring than funny these days, and as they take such a beating when they venture out they've adopted a siege mentality and all of the censorship that goes with that.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,21:13   

Franklin has discovered that on the thread "A world-famous chemist tells the truth: there’s no scientist alive today who understands macroevolution",

No Idist can define macro or micro evolution.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,21:41   

Bonus KF wrongity:

Franklin: You evidently do not recognise a logistic based, modified, product life cycle model. The one that is relevant to market type situations. And BTW, going viral is going to fit that as epidemics spread in much the same way. Surge and flatten out to a steady pattern. KF

Emphasis mine.

http://library.thinkquest.org/11170....le.html

An epidemic hits a population, runs its course, and dies out. It disappears either because of a cure, or everyone without immunity dies.

Emphasis mine again.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,21:49   

Okay, Franklin, you have confirmed your status as a heckler and enabler of slander who has no regard for truth or fairness when it comes to those you hold in contempt. I hope you are happy with the rather public achievement. KF

--------------

socle

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,22:45   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 07 2014,21:41)
Bonus KF wrongity:

Franklin: You evidently do not recognise a logistic based, modified, product life cycle model. The one that is relevant to market type situations. And BTW, going viral is going to fit that as epidemics spread in much the same way. Surge and flatten out to a steady pattern. KF

Emphasis mine.

http://library.thinkquest.org/11170......le.html

An epidemic hits a population, runs its course, and dies out. It disappears either because of a cure, or everyone without immunity dies.

Emphasis mine again.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2014,22:52   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 07 2014,21:19)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 07 2014,20:09)
I'm just finding ID-related stuff almost depression-inducingly boring these days.

Id just like to them to do something interesting / positive.

Try and calculate CSI / DFIASCO
Do some experiments / research

All we get is "news" using POPSCI soundbites to cast doubt on science, Barry and KF getting into deep apologetics (ASSF) and Sal trying to make UD a YEC venue

Unfortunately they are more boring than funny these days, and as they take such a beating when they venture out they've adopted a siege mentality and all of the censorship that goes with that.

How 'bout it, Kairosfocus AKA Gordon E. Mullings of Manjack Heights, Montserrat? Are any of you swinging dicks ever going to get around to calculating the DFCIOXYZPDQASDFJKLSEMISPACE of a peanut butter sandwich, and how that compares to a ham sandwich? Or a rock? Or are you just going to continue making up acronyms and pretending they're relevant?

I'll donate the peanut butter sandwich. Hell, I'll even donate the ham sandwich. It's good ham.

But you'll have to get your own rock. I live at the beach.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,08:53   

Kairosfocus has a unique ability to complexify simple things. Here is a little GEM:
F/N: The best way to understand a coin is as a physical approximation to a two-sided die. KF

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,09:32   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 08 2014,14:53)
Kairosfocus has a unique ability to complexify simple things. Here is [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/a-world-famous-chemist-tells-the-truth-theres-no-scientist-alive-today-who-understands-mac

roevolution/#comment-492278]a little GEM[/URL]:

F/N: The best way to understand a coin is as a physical approximation to a two-sided die. KF

I prefer to think of a die as something you get when you glue 6 coins together and fill in the gaps with corners.

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,09:40   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ Mar. 08 2014,17:32)
Quote (olegt @ Mar. 08 2014,14:53)
Kairosfocus has a unique ability to complexify simple things. Here is [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/a-world-famous-chemist-tells-the-truth-theres-no-scientist-alive-today-who-understands-mac

I prefer to think of a die as something you get when you glue 6 coins together and fill in the gaps with corners.

And throw it on a roulette table it's called the god help me Monte Carlo simulation. Those guys should rename ID to WobblyWollyWeasels.Jesus.Blogs

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,10:56   

Gordon Mullings of The Montserrat Home Guard is getting ready to fight the communists again, with a thread which he intends (as he says in the comments) to use for

exposing the geo-strategic, civilisational, governance, cultural, legal and regulatory, economic, social and sci-tech etc consequences of imposing Lewontinian a priori materialism dressed up in a lab coat on our civilisation.

Yes, the evolutionists are responsible for the situation in Ukraine.

Especially Bill Nye:

Mr Nye, you threw the first punch.

We will finish the fight.

Bully-boys, the free pass is over.

KF

Elizabeth Liddle is also to blame, by association:

F/N: I trust the above, in light of the OP, also suffices to expose the destructive, deceitful, toxic nature of yet another increasingly common tactic: turnabout, blame the targetted victim accusations. Unfortunately, this seems to be a favourite stratagem of the Darwinist fever swamp denizens, and even those who are more genteel are prone to use it in subtler form, as Mr Nye plainly did. TSZ, I trust you are listening. KF

Why haven't the evolutionists commented on KF's thread?

Given their announced tactic of refusing debate save where they think they can make us look foolish, that refusal to come to the thread speaks volumes.

More footnotes:

But, there is a civilisational civil war pushed by neomarxist progressives and their allies, who hold disproportionate influence thanks to sanctuaries in the academy, the media and foundations plus government. These same are the core of the radical secularist ideological push that so likes to dress itself up in the holy lab coat.

Repent Bill Nye! Ye have brought the end times upon us!

(Gordon says we are headed for World War. Look up!)

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

damitall

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,11:42   

That thread of KF's seems to be a mutual jerk-off between him and "JGuy", reinforcing one another's paranoia.

Mullings has set his self-importance control to MaxPlus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,11:47   

KF the censor says:

kairosfocusMarch 8, 2014 at 6:57 am
BTW, as he is not banned at UD [I have only said and will enforce, that he is unwelcome in threads I own unless he makes amends for outrageous false accusations that I have for cause found to be so offensive and defamatory that he needs to make amends -- enough is enough], NM is perfectly free to show up in this thread if he wants to. KF

So he's free to post if he says what you want or in venues you don't control. Textbook censorship.

--------------

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,12:15   

Poor Gordon.  He was supposed to be Minister of Truth by now.

Only the forces of evil and Lewontian materialism could have prevented the victory of the science of "it's so obvious."  Clearly the IDiots must win the soon-coming apocalyptic war, and institute The Purge.

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,15:37   

We'd better check in on the Montserrat Volcano Observatory

Considering he's currently round the bend, imagine Gordon's psychological state at 3 or above.

DiEb

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,16:11   

I put an comment into their moderation queue:

‘PPS: The surge, of course, also documents that Sci News has credibly had significant impact.’

Call me skeptic: there are other articles  here at Uncommon Descent which have been linked to by "Scientific News", like New Age medic Deepak Chopra responds to Darwin’s man Jerry Coyne in The New Republic. Warning: Messy and To recognize design is to recognize products of a like-minded process, identifying the real probability in question, Part I. They didn't go viral - at least they didn't make the list of most popular articles.

On the other hand, reddit is well known to be able to generate quite an impact.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,16:53   

Seriously, though. Who the fuck talks like that?  It looks pathological.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,17:10   

Quote (fnxtr @ Mar. 08 2014,16:53)
Seriously, though. Who the fuck talks like that?  It looks pathological.

Sounds as sane as Gary Gaulin.

Oh, I see...

Glen Davidson

--------------

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,19:12   

I finally listened to Tour's disingenuous tripe.  He certainly has the equivocation game down well--yup, no one knows how macro-evolution occurred.  

Bullshit, we know a great deal about how it occurred, we just don't know a whole lot of the details of what happened millions to billions of years ago without leaving a great deal of evidence.  

It's like saying that we know nothing about the battles of Alexander the Great.  There's virtually no detail of which we can be certain (all of the accounts we have are doubtful), of course, but we still know that they happened, much of the weaponry that was used, and at least the broad outlines of the clash of Persian and Greek (for instance).  We know that "macroevolution" happened, we know how it happened in the sense of mutation and natural selections (sorta like the "weapons"), and we do indeed understand the broad outlines of how, say, lions and humans evolved traits that help them  to survive.

I can  see why no one took up his offer of dinner and teaching him something, since his whole point is that if there's something he doesn't understand--something that isn't understood by science at large, indeed--then nothing's known about it, and we can equivocate by saying that "no one knows how macroevolution occurred," hence we can pretend that we don't know that it happened at all.  

He'll fit in well with the Dishonesty Institute, if he so chooses.

Glen Davidson

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,19:30   

Quote (Glen Davidson @ Mar. 08 2014,19:12)
I can  see why no one took up his offer of dinner and teaching him something, since his whole point is that if there's something he doesn't understand--something that isn't understood by science at large, indeed--then nothing's known about it, and we can equivocate by saying that "no one knows how macroevolution occurred," hence we can pretend that we don't know that it happened at all.  

That's ID Creationist Bullshit Excuse Number 1.

"if we don't know everything about evolution then we don't know anything!"

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,19:44   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 08 2014,08:53)

Actually, he's wrong about that too.

A coin is a THREE sided system with an uneven distribution when flipped. But most people don't get it.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,22:37   

Quote (DiEb @ Mar. 08 2014,16:11)
I put an comment into their moderation queue:

‘PPS: The surge, of course, also documents that Sci News has credibly had significant impact.’

Call me skeptic: there are other articles  here at Uncommon Descent which have been linked to by "Scientific News", like New Age medic Deepak Chopra responds to Darwin’s man Jerry Coyne in The New Republic. Warning: Messy and To recognize design is to recognize products of a like-minded process, identifying the real probability in question, Part I. They didn't go viral - at least they didn't make the list of most popular articles.

On the other hand, reddit is well known to be able to generate quite an impact.

From the "New Age medic..." thread above:      
Actually, if you look into it, you will soon discover that people like Coyne and his wikitroll buddies simply insist, beyond the reach of evidence, that telepathy is false. Not so, it exists as a low level effect greater than chance but not nearly enough to justify the claims of typical psychics (seeThe Spiritual Brain).
So now Dense is defending telepathy - at a suitably low level so it can't be detected without Jesus.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2014,22:44   

Soapy Sam:  

I prefer to think of "die" as something you get when you go whoring after Jesus and neglect the local Volcano God.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,03:48   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 08 2014,19:44)

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 08 2014,08:53)

Actually, he's wrong about that too.

A coin is a THREE sided system with an uneven distribution when flipped. But most people don't get it.

Fixed link: a little GEM (I like to fix things.)

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,07:16   

KF! Fresh KF! Get yer KF 'ere!

F/N, FYI — FTR: Any serious commenter intending to be fair would have checked out that NM falsely accused me of deceit in an earlier thread several weeks ago [at roughly Christmas time], as in: “Gish Gallop” . . . as Rational Wiki defines, a very serious accusation of public deceit (and as a rule a patently false accusation, starting with the late Mr Gish himself, who could not have won the vast majority of 3 – 400 debates if he had been doing what he was caricatured as doing by hard core evolutionary materialist ideologues in order to dismiss what he was saying and showing by smearing the messenger, i.e. accuse without good warrant of wholesale “quote mining,” which is itself an informal — and in our experience here at UD, usually false — accusation of deceitful out of context quotation . . . note the in extenso cites I had to give to correct that insinuation and later accusation, regarding especially Gould’s career-long position as a world class expert on what the fossil record actually substantiates and contains).

Pause for breath. That's Sentence 1 over. Aaaaand ...

That is the context in which I informed him that absent amends for that, he was not welcome and would be removed as a slanderous heckler, cf. 299 above where I pointed this out to F, and 39 on here, where I summarised what happened to JG . . . with links to the scene of the crime. NM chose to double down, and I took disciplinary action for cause. F’s cleverly misleading half-truth on in the same thread, speaks volumes, sadly revealing volumes. Onlookers, THIS is the COMMON level of behaviour by too many objectors to design thought, and if these unscrupulous hecklers are allowed free reign in UD’s threads, there would be a fever swamp race to the gutter. I do this for the record, not to feed the troll who will predictably continue twisting the matter into pretzels. KF

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,11:52   

Headline at UD:

Researchers: Dishonesty can mean greater creativity

Funny, the IDiots seem to be about as uncreative as anyone can be.

No tradeoffs, there, they just go for the worst possible fate, uncreative dishonesty.*

Glen Davidson

*Not saying that they're consciously lying, but at UD we've mostly got people who are deeply dishonest with evidence and with themselves.

--------------

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,19:44   

Sooo.....wow.

Axel March 9, 2014 at 4:46 pm
Re #57, KF, alas, Putin’s Russia is the only remaining superpower that is currently a bastion of Christianity. We know the extraordinary constraints Putin must be under to continue to keep the ravening wolves of the West at bay, and his own domestic gangster-oligarchs under some sort of control.

The UK is such a small country, with five hundred years odd of spy services, the latter have a poultice on the populace, so can do pretty much what they like under the radar. And in the US, discretion is no longer even necessary; an outcome for the country seemingly foreseen and feared by Eisenhower, though such Mammon-worship, allied to Moloch-worship, was bound to breed a culture of extraordinary wall-to-wall violence.

DiEb

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,23:22   

Another one for the moderation queue:

Indeed, 105,173 . . . that Sci News dot info repub had more impact than the detractors were willing to acknowledge. BTW, they seem to have been in operation since 2007.[
KF, you are kidding yourself if you think that  science-news.info (alexa-rank below 4,000,000) has such an impact on a post at uncommondescent.com (alexa-rank ca. 400,000)! The server data should show that the traffic comes to the article via reddit.com (alexa-rank ca. 80).

KairosFocus thinks that at last all the scientifically inclined minds flock to UD, while in reality, it's just a couple of teens wanting to have fun...

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2014,23:42   

Quote (DiEb @ Mar. 09 2014,23:22)
Another one for the moderation queue:

Indeed, 105,173 . . . that Sci News dot info repub had more impact than the detractors were willing to acknowledge. BTW, they seem to have been in operation since 2007.[
KF, you are kidding yourself if you think that  science-news.info (alexa-rank below 4,000,000) has such an impact on a post at uncommondescent.com (alexa-rank ca. 400,000)! The server data should show that the traffic comes to the article via reddit.com (alexa-rank ca. 80).

KairosFocus thinks that at last all the scientifically inclined minds flock to UD, while in reality, it's just a couple of teens wanting to have fun...

See, you can't fool the youth of Today! Overwhelmingevidence.com FTW!!!111

--------------

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,04:04   

It looks as if Overwhelming Evidence has gone extinct. The front page had been hanging on for years but, if my internets are reliable, it's finally disappeared.

So it's a perfect excuse to post this.....

:(

Oh, William.

Edited by Woodbine on Mar. 10 2014,10:07

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,04:28   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 10 2014,04:04)
It looks as if Overwhelming Evidence has gone extinct. The front page had been hanging on for years but, if my internets are reliable, it's finally disappeared.

So it's a perfect excuse to post this.....

:(

Oh, William.

Modeled on MySpace, you say...

--------------

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]