RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < ... 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,11:36   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Mar. 22 2009,11:04)
Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 22 2009,11:39)
5. Have a consistent policy by one administrator. RB has been banned for discourtesy on this thread. But this thread contains comments by a pro-ID commenter who routinely insults others both here and on his own blog. The difference, apparently, is that he insults people who are anti-ID.

Thank you for continuing to hold their feet to the fire.

I would dispute David's/Herm's statement that I was banned for being discourteous on UD. Persistent? Yes. Strident? I disagree, but can see how I might have been experienced that way. Discourteous? The standard articulated was "no vicious personal attacks." I was discourteous only in that I pressed a point that was obviously uncomfortable and embarrassing for them, and dismissed their obviously inadequate responses out of hand.

I certainly pressed an argument ad nauseam. But never ad hominem.

Sorry, RB.  I should have put that better.  I was just pointing out that, even accepting the strained ideas of the UD mod squad as to what constitutes discourtesy, their practice is inconsistent.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,12:31   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Mar. 22 2009,11:36)
Sorry, RB.  I should have put that better.  I was just pointing out that, even accepting the strained ideas of the UD mod squad as to what constitutes discourtesy, their practice is inconsistent.

Like their "literal bible reading".

It's great to have Genesis literally true but which one makes them inconsistent.  Like how much I can sell my daughters into slavery for is likewise forgotten.

--------------
Marriage is not a lifetime commitment, it's a life sentence!

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,12:39   

What in the world?
If design in nature is ‘optimal’ then can that be improved through human intervention? What does ID predict, perhaps that GM crops will always be sub-optimal?

Sounds like ye olde "evolution exists but has been winding down since the Fall, therefore hybrids" argument.

Corn's (for example) evolutionary adaptation is "optimal" (careful) for what, and whom? For reproduction of itself, natch - not for making great cornflakes.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,12:55   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Mar. 22 2009,11:36)
Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Mar. 22 2009,11:04)

Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 22 2009,11:39)
5. Have a consistent policy by one administrator. RB has been banned for discourtesy on this thread. But this thread contains comments by a pro-ID commenter who routinely insults others both here and on his own blog. The difference, apparently, is that he insults people who are anti-ID.

Thank you for continuing to hold their feet to the fire.

I would dispute David's/Herm's statement that I was banned for being discourteous on UD. Persistent? Yes. Strident? I disagree, but can see how I might have been experienced that way. Discourteous? The standard articulated was "no vicious personal attacks." I was discourteous only in that I pressed a point that was obviously uncomfortable and embarrassing for them, and dismissed their obviously inadequate responses out of hand.

I certainly pressed an argument ad nauseam. But never ad hominem.

Clive Hayden is reading here

Hermagoras,
Yes, RB has been banned for discourtesy, you are right. No insulting behavior is allowed by anyone, on either side of the debate.

Hi Clive!  [waves]  He's never responded to my kellogg-authored posts before by calling me "Hermagoras."

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,12:59   

Clive now begins to rewrite both history and logic, no doubt beginning with his own neural traces:

Clive Hayden
03/22/2009
12:31 pm
JayM,

No double standard. Barry’s moderation policy was one of no name calling and no disrespect, both of which RB was guilty, by his own admission.

Clive Hayden
03/22/2009
12:36 pm
Hermagoras,

Yes, RB has been banned for discourtesy, you are right. No insulting behavior is allowed by anyone, on either side of the debate.

Of course, BarryA's statements explicitly indicate that the standards are intended to govern posting behavior on UD, not elsewhere, and he clearly invited others to post on UD regardless of statements made elsewhere, so long as they refrain from personal attacks on UD. My "admission" pertained to my posts here at AtBC.

Clive's laughable inability to be honest about this with either himself or his own readers is a little difficult to fathom, given that Barry's statement stands there in black and white up-thread.

But then this is UD.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:31   

I'll get the popcorn, just in case...

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-309346

ab

03/22/2009

12:13 pm

“I have been promoting Intelligent Design all my professional life and every evolutionary paper I have published assumes ID as its starting point. Intelligent Design is transparent in every aspect of the universe and never should have been presented as a subject for debate. Both religious fanaticism and Darwinian atheism are incurable congenital predispositions as is now well established by the studies on separated identical twins. William Wright’s ‘Born That Way’ (1998) summarizes this literature which is why it is listed on the side board of my weblog under Important Books. (jadavison.wordpress.com)

I now request that I be allowed to resume my participation at Uncommon Descent as a mortal enemy of the Godless Darwinian paradigm which still dominates a debate which should never have been begun. There is no role for debate in science. There is only discovery.

John A. Davison, Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Vermont. Mailing address: L4 Grandview Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403
email - nosivadaj@msn.com

Barry Arrington, if your moderation policy is truly honest, you’d reinstate John A. Davison back into participation mode here on this fine weblog. I’m an occasional poster at UD, an ID proponent who understands ID, its goals and intentions as much as anyone else. If John A. Davison does not act accordingly with UD’s moderation policy, than I was wrong and should be banned too. Please take this under consideration. Thanks!

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:46   

Shame there won't be a double act with DaveScot!

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:48   

Quote (Alan Fox @ Mar. 22 2009,14:46)

He must be out there somewhere laughing his ass off.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

FrankH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:50   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Mar. 22 2009,13:48)

Gotta ask you there RB.

Why was I banned?  Any idea?  Are Joseph and Clive "good friends"?

--------------
Marriage is not a lifetime commitment, it's a life sentence!

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:51   

Oh is that so, Clive? What would he think of this?
kharley471        
Levi, neither I nor any atheists I know believe that life is “utterly meaningless and random,” that it “ultimately means nothing.” How everlastingly weary I am of refuting this stereotype, and arguing with people who would tell me my own feelings. It’s unfair and a cop-out to caricature someone else’s experience as something shallow and dehumanized just to impress upon them that they are “wrong.” “Purpose” is not the same thing to everyone, and my sense of purpose is not disturbed by mind arising from matter (which indicates how I view “matter” differently that you do). Please don’t attribute qualities to me that I don’t possess if you do not wish atheists to do the same to believers.

I still await an answer to my original question.

shaner74        
That’s great, but sadly this is a perfect example of an atheist who has not used logic and reason to arrive at the inevitable conclusion that logic and reason are meaningless in the atheist’s world.

Geez, no insult there.
kharley471        
tribune7:Why not?

How can life have no meaning, especially for artists/writers/dancers, who participate in life’s meaning (as opposed to just having it handed to us)? Living creature are active members in life, just as humans are active participants in democracy. Maybe there’s an intrinsic sense of purpose in creative people that is divorced from the need for authority (although I would argue that all people are in some way creative).

Life is its own meaning. Unless, of course, your kid is dying of AIDS, and your government tells you that anyone who says it’s because of HIV is a ghastly materialist and is lying. Unless you’re a parent in Libya and your government tells you that five altruistic European nurses and a doctor awaiting execution “deliberately” infected your child in order to cover up the government’s own abysmal health care system. (The victims are called the Tripoli Six and several of us have blogged about them.)

With those nurses and doctor in mind I’m still waiting for an answer to my original question about Dembski’s true attitude toward Wells’ assertions about HIV and AIDS.

sadly this is a perfect example of an atheist who has not used logic and reason to arrive at the inevitable conclusion that logic and reason are meaningless in the atheist’s world

“Sadly?” I’m a dancer but I don’t dance to any dirges. Logic and reason are fine, but life is to be lived, ultimately. If you’re sad that I’m not sad then I think you should try some dance lessons.

DaveScot
12/09/2006
6:57 am
kharley

Please confine your comments to the topic of the thread. It isn’t HIV or Dembski’s opinion on HIV. If you want a soapbox for that topic find it somewhere else.

tribune7, 12/09/2006, 1:48 pm
kharley471 –Life is its own meaning.

Prove it.

bj, 12/09/2006, 2:29 pm
tribune7,

If there is no objective reference from which one establishes reality, you can believe whatever you wish and you don’t have to prove
anything.

Gosh, you're wrong, because you can't be right. You can't be a good person, because you cannot. No verbal abuse there! Yes, I most certainly have heard that before!
kharley471        
12/09/2006, 2:30 pm
Prove it.
Whoa!
You mean, mathematically? Because that’s the only realm in which one “proves” things.

tribune7        
kharley471 –Prove it. . . You mean, mathematically?
Upon what do you base your claim that life is its own meaning?

Upon what do I base it? I'm really not sure that I understand what that means. You need to base your visceral life on a verbal statement? But I took a stab at it:
kharley471        
12/09/2006, 11:30 pm
Upon what do you base your claim that life is its own meaning?

I’ll try to keep it relatively short but let’s face it, I’ve been trying all my life to explain this to people I’ve grown up with. I don’t know that I base my view on anything because it’s always been true for me, even as a child. Life is an adventure and adventures are by definition open-ended.

We learn by doing, and I think that we truly find meaning by doing, too. Purpose is co-emergent with creativity.

Life is to be lived. Naturally this conflicts with the idea of a “fallen” world in which we avoid temptation. I was always more curious about the world than religion. People didn’t like it (especially for a girl), but I don’t know what to do about that.

Who decides that they don’t buy into Christianity at age nine? I did. Was I “designed” that way? I doubt anyone would say that. And yet, my religious relatives ask me for advice all the time, because I’m happy, because I do the things they hesitate to do. Shouldn’t the situation be reversed if my life is meaningless?

As you see this is a personal answer, rather than a philosophical template for others.

tribune7, 12/10/2006, 8:10 am
I don’t know that I base my view on anything because it’s always been true for me, even as a child.

Would you still have that same outlook if you were raised in Somilia or Saudi Arabia or North Korea?

kharley471        
12/10/2006, 10:27 am
Would you still have that same outlook if you were raised in Somilia or Saudi Arabia or North Korea?

I have wondered that! I can’t answer that, because I don’t know.

But considering the stories that my family tells of me when I was minus one it seems that no matter where I would have been raised I would have still been a headstrong little bundle of joy.

Some of the Somali women I know tell me they prefer the U.S., for obvious political reasons, but also that here they can practice Islam the way that they want without warlord micromanaging, so there you are. I also know former Muslims not born in the U.S. who became atheists. Nature v. nurture, beats me.

DaveScot        
12/10/2006, 11:02 am
kharley

There are many examples of cultures where the majority were religious and prospered for hundreds or thousands of years.

There are no examples of cultures where the majority were atheist and prospered for hundreds or thousands of years.

We know that belief in a higher authority who sees everything we do, knows everything we think, and will judge us after we depart this plane of existence has an influence on how we choose between what we as individuals know is right and know is wrong. What will happen to a culture that wholly or largely adopts the belief that threat of manmade law & punishment is the only consequence of choosing wrong instead of right?

That is the question we ask. We don’t know the answer to that and I for one don’t care to participate in making my culture a test bed for what happens when humanity is elevated to the highest authority in the universe. The principle that a higher authority exists is a cornerstone of the culture that established the United States of America and we are doing very well by it. Forty-five state constitutions attest to the fact America was founded upon this principle. Yet post-modernists would have us abandon it for some untested principle that a majority will do the right thing absent the belief in a higher authority.

Note this has nothing to with the truth of falsity of religious belief. It is all about the practical consequences of presence or absence of that belief in any given culture.

DaveScot        
12/10/2006, 11:16 am
kharley

There are countless churches in the United States ranging from neighborhood congregations with dozens of members to national organizations with millions of members. It is almost a rule that these churches engage in voluntary charitable activities.

Given that 10% of the population are positive atheists and 80% are Judeo-Christian one might reasonably presume that if atheism is as inherently interested in helping those less fortunate then for every eight charity programs run by Judeo-Christian organizations there be one charity program run by atheist organizations.

Where are all the voluntary atheist-run charitable programs? I’m not saying they don’t exist in proportionate number but I sure can’t point to them. Can help me out by listing those you know of?

Zing! And then they jumped upon my answers. I think somebody said something about not getting onto a soapbox? I've been trying to do work to counteract the HIV-denialism that is decimating South Africa, but I can't get on my soapbox and talk about that kind of charity work, can I?

The thread goes on. Basically it's another hog-pile by them on one woman with the old "Just because you get good grades/ think you're so smart/do good works/are a nice person doesn't make you good enough, you're so arrogant, puffed up, someday you'regonnabesorry, and oh, BTW The Nameless Designer loves you" crap.

But what is this battle really about, anyway? Scientists are making discoveries that benefit people, and it makes some people resentful and mad, because they need to "fix" everyone and they can't "fix" someone who isn't broken, but they don't have the talent to contribute to science themselves. Therefore they must remake science, in their image, and become "more sciency than the Darwinists."

That's all that the whole evo/ID, religious/atheist fight is all about. If you live and let live, these people get livid, and start talking about "meaninglessness" and "purpose," words that really make no sense to me, because it's for themselves that they are seeking these things, because it is they who really see life as random and meaningless. I am very sorry for them.

Incidentally, kharley471 is my real name, right KairosFocus? ;)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,13:53   

Bill, by his own standards, Clive should ban anyone who has been disrespectful anywhere at any time, which almost certainly includes himself.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Rrr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,14:03   

Clive & let Clive.
Is that his mott-oh? Hardly. Or maybe.
If their mental suicide were personal, it would'nt matter so much.
Hey Clive, you ever been to Jonestown? Did you get a discount return ticket?

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,14:04   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 22 2009,13:53)
Bill, by his own standards, Clive should ban anyone who has been disrespectful anywhere at any time, which almost certainly includes himself.

Are fart sounds disrespectful?  If so, UD should ban itself entirely.  That would beyond the UPB.

Random observation: The Upper Probability Bound is in mortal combat with the Infinite Improbability Drive.

--------------

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,14:37   

If Clive is listening, here are some things Joseph has said about me on his blog:
Not only are you a sad fuck but you also appear to be a fat fuck.
After revealing that he knew where I work and live and that he lived not far from me, he wrote:
IOW David, you are a fat and stupid fuck.

And I am being very generous by saying that on this blog as opposed to driving a few miles to say it to your face.

I took that as a physical threat.  There are more comments like it.  

Given such comments (and there are more), Clive must either let Reciprocating Bill on, or keep Joseph, whose viciousness is quite apparent here, off.  As a free speech advocate, I'd much prefer the former.

--------------

Rrr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,15:09   

Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 22 2009,13:50)

Gotta ask you there RB.

Somewhere?
Scooty Puff, Jr

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,15:17   

Denyse sez:
Kevin, DaVinci Code appeals to people who have a psychological need to believe that the important events of history are governed by conspiracies.

My comment (in moderation):
True enough. But isn’t Expelled basically a conspiracy theory movie, only the alleged conspiracy is of the scientific establishment against intelligent design?

--------------

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,15:56   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Mar. 22 2009,12:37)
If Clive is listening, here are some things Joseph has said about me on his blog:      
Not only are you a sad fuck but you also appear to be a fat fuck.
After revealing that he knew where I work and live and that he lived not far from me, he wrote:    
IOW David, you are a fat and stupid fuck.

And I am being very generous by saying that on this blog as opposed to driving a few miles to say it to your face.

I took that as a physical threat.  There are more comments like it.  

Given such comments (and there are more), Clive must either let Reciprocating Bill on, or keep Joseph, whose viciousness is quite apparent here, off.  As a free speech advocate, I'd much prefer the former.

There you have it, Clive.

To be consistent, you can either

1a) ban Joseph and any other ID supporter whose "discourtesy" is brought to your attention,
1b) police the on- and off-UD remarks of all commenters with equal zeal, and
1c) tell Barry that you are overriding his decision, and that you will not allow PZ Myers to comment as long as you are moderating;  or

2a) reinstate Reciprocating Bill,
2b) submit to Barry's decision and welcome PZ Myers if he should choose to comment at UD, and
2c) leave your delicate sensibilities and your pro-ID bias out of any moderating decisions you make.

Failing to choose either of these options, you cement your reputation as a sanctimonious hypocrite whom your heroes Lewis and Chesterton would have found contemptible.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Rrr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:06   

Herm, isn't that a criminal offence? Making physical threats, I mean. Did you consider siccing the law on clive for it? If he is an "official" "moderator" he must be discoverable, right? Is there no law for homeland safety and contra trrrsts?

Rrr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:07   

Sorry, I guess I mean Joe, not clive.

AmandaHuginKiss

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:21   

Khan made a suggestion a few pages back (I couldn't find it) about making a parallel UD blog. Each post would link to a post at UD. The point is that this blog would not replicate the tard fun of this board but just have uncensored discussions on the posts and the comments. The non-banned could link back the the blog for comments, my other half is a SEO and the parallel UD could end up higher in google than the original.

If enough people think it is a good idea, I'd be happy to set it up and maintain the main posts (as I live in Australia you will have to wait for the afternoon until the days posts will appear).

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:31   

I don't know what the law is in Australia concerning copyright claimed in the USA, but Barry Arrington threatened to sue me over a public non-deleting mirror of UD some time back.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

AmandaHuginKiss

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:35   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 23 2009,09:31)
I don't know what the law is in Australia concerning copyright claimed in the USA, but Barry Arrington threatened to sue me over a public non-deleting mirror of UD some time back.

I wasn't going to mirror. Each post would just contain a link to the original UD post and a brief commentary

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:36   

Quote (AmandaHuginKiss @ Mar. 22 2009,16:21)
Khan made a suggestion a few pages back (I couldn't find it) about making a parallel UD blog. Each post would link to a post at UD. The point is that this blog would not replicate the tard fun of this board but just have uncensored discussions on the posts and the comments. The non-banned could link back the the blog for comments, my other half is a SEO and the parallel UD could end up higher in google than the original.

If enough people think it is a good idea, I'd be happy to set it up and maintain the main posts (as I live in Australia you will have to wait for the afternoon until the days posts will appear).

It was me!

To be fair, Khan and I do get mistaken for each other a lot.  { Insert Carlson / Louis / Arden joke here. }

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:38   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 22 2009,16:31)

As long as you reference the original and you're not making money off it, isn't that legal?  (Yes, there is a difference between legal and inexpensive, I know.)

AmandaHuginKiss

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:40   

Quote (Maya @ Mar. 23 2009,09:36)
Quote (AmandaHuginKiss @ Mar. 22 2009,16:21)

It was me!

To be fair, Khan and I do get mistaken for each other a lot.  { Insert Carlson / Louis / Arden joke here. }

Sorry Maya, my bad

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:41   

Meanwhile, Jerry is crowing on another thread:      
[Addressing Richard Simons]And you will also find out what evolution is about too because there is no aspect of it that is not up for consideration by ID. Reciprocating Bill was chastising us on our knowledge of evolution and our inability to form propositions but it was he who was deficient. However, if you wish to go elsewhere on this topic, then I will not expect you to make any comments on it while you are here.

Big guy.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:47   

ab wants John Davidson back, but doesn't quite understand the issues:

Reciprocating Bill, unlike John, has never once spoken good of UD, UD’s moderators or anything “ID” related for that matter.

That's true.

Reciprocating Bill, unlike John, has contributed nothing to ID in any sort of way, except in light of the usual negative and repetitive, predictable recursive feedback.

Now you just wait just one minute there, buster. I like to think mine is original, ever-varying and unpredictable ridicule of the highest order. Witness my skillful work this week, which still has you geniuses tied in knots.

I don't know what recursive ridicule would look like, athough a tard routine that calls itself offers intriguing possibilities.

I am confident that I can gather up quite the library of external links pointing to reciprocating bill’s outright despise for ID and UD in general.

That's true. They would mostly point to English sentences, however. And all postdate the FIRST time I was banned from UD in '06.

But this is all academic, ab, as it has nothing whatever to do with the evenhanded application of a moderation policy. If Davidson is in, I'm in, unless the policy is modified to read, "no defamatory or profane language, no vicious personal attacks, and be pro-ID."

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:52   

Quote (AmandaHuginKiss @ Mar. 22 2009,16:35)

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 23 2009,09:31)

I wasn't going to mirror. Each post would just contain a link to the original UD post and a brief commentary

Mirroring their quote-mining can get one sued, but they can quote-mine with impunity? By what rights do they reference legitimate scientists' works at all then? That's what I don't get.

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:54   

Quote (Rrr @ Mar. 22 2009,16:06)
Herm, isn't that a criminal offence? Making physical threats, I mean. Did you consider siccing the law on clive for it? If he is an "official" "moderator" he must be discoverable, right? Is there no law for homeland safety and contra trrrsts?

I was certainly scared, as those here who witnessed those times can attest.  I gave up at the time, which may have been a bit cowardly of me.  But it sure freaked me out, and still does a bit even to talk about it.

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2009,16:54   

Quote (FrankH @ Mar. 22 2009,14:50)

Gotta ask you there RB.

Are you banned? Or just in interminable moderation?

I'm banned, as my posts no longer appear at all, even with the "in moderation" header.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < ... 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]