RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 29 2007,23:48   

Fascinating. You traffic in the most bigoted stereotypes about gays, despite your gay relatives.

I don't know what's so fascinating about it.  The cousin who died from aids was a flight attendant and quite promiscuous.  

The other cousin decided she'd had enough with men (had been divorced - has two sons), so she chose a women the second time around.  They dog men all the time.  We were actually going to go to their place today for dinner because they want my husband to help them build a deck, but he was working on another project today so we didn't make it over there.

The third cousin lost her Dad when she was ten and her Mom was an alcoholic.  She had a boyfriend when she was younger, but then had a couple relationships with women, and now seems to be in a stable homosexual relationship.

My friend's brother lived in NY for a time, and had a boyfriend who was screwing around on him with quite a few other guys and he was scared shitless he might have contracted HIV.  Luckily he didn't, and he ended up moving back to Topeka.  He's a hell of an actor an singer...really fun to watch.

I don't condone the lifestyle, but I certainly wouldn't turn my back on someone or hate them just because I don't agree with their choices.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 29 2007,23:55   

Actually, I have a brother who was gay and died of AIDS, and I have several gay friends. I can name about 10 gay couples, friends of mine, that I know personally, male and female, who are in committed, monogamous longterm relationships. One of the couples has been together 22 years, another 13 years and another about 9 years. Gee, what do you know, they don't fit your stereotypes. Just maybe your stereotypes are a bigoted load of shit?

Care to answer my questions?

I shall repeat, since you seem a little deaf tonight:

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 29 2007,20:51)
Considering the sexual acts they seem to be promoting and the fact that these type of acts are usually for gratification only with no intent to form a loving, caring relationship with another person, YES...I do.

Does that mean you have no problem with homosexual behavior if it is in the context of a loving, caring relationship between consenting adults?

Which do you consider 'worse'?:

a) homosexual behavior if in the context of a loving, caring relationship

b) casual heterosexual sex with no pretenses toward a permanent relationship

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 29 2007,23:59   

According to FtK's statistics, 58% of gay guys have 250+ sexual partners.

Well, I never considered being gay, but she makes a pretty good case....

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,00:02   

Quote (stevestory @ Sep. 29 2007,23:59)

Well, they do dress a lot better and have much better furniture than straights.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,00:05   

I'm waiting for FtK to explain how we're this close to legalized pedophilia.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,00:06   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ Sep. 30 2007,01:02)

That dude on What Not to Wear does have a pretty sweet wardrobe....

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,00:14   

Quote (stevestory @ Sep. 30 2007,00:05)
I'm waiting for FtK to explain how we're this close to legalized pedophilia.

At the same time she can explain how exactly gay marriage will destroy straight marriage.

--------------

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,06:04   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 29 2007,23:48)
I don't condone the lifestyle, but I certainly wouldn't turn my back on someone or hate them just because I don't agree with their choices.
(my bolding).

That says it all, really. It's a choice, y'know.

Evidence, please? Did you choose to become heterosexual?

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,07:34   

"The other cousin decided she'd had enough with men (had been divorced - has two sons), so she chose a women the second time around."

She chose a woman???  So you think you can just choose to like a sex???  Are you really that much of a twit???

I can't believe the sh!t that comes off your keyboard.

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,07:35   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,00:32)
I'd love him every bit as much as I would if he were heterosexual.  Just because I don't agree with someone's lifestyle or something they adhere to which I heartily disagree with doesn't mean that I hate or even dislike them.  I can disagree with a person and still love them, you know.  It's not that difficult.

Wait just one minute, FTK. I explicitly described a heinous sex crime (adult male vaginally penetrates your neighbor's five year old daughter), an appalling act that causes terrible harm to a helpless victim and is punishable by years of imprisonment. In at least one post I referred to that as a "crime." I asked you if creating the poster in question was an "equivalent crime" and you said "Yeah, pretty much..." I asked moments later if you equate sexual acts between same-gendered consenting adults to this crime and you said "YES...I do."

So we are not talking about "disagreeing with a person's lifestyle," but loving them anyway (however "vile"). Given that you believe that the sexual behavior of consenting gay adults is equivalent to the heinous sex crime I described above (the mind still reels), do you believe homosexuality should be illegal, and punishable by lengthy prison terms? Do you advocate decades of imprisonment for persons who repeatedly engage in consensual homosexual acts with their partners?

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:00   

Bill, you are intent on putting words in my mouth, so I will refrain from further conversation with you on this subject.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:02   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,08:00)
Bill, you are intent on putting words in my mouth, so I will refrain from further conversation with you on this subject.

No, go back and look at your posts, you came over very oddly in the last few pages. Is this really where you want to leave it?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:10   

Dave,

No I do not think that it is always a choice.  But, what I have witnessed has obviously been different that Arden's experience.

It seems obvious in some that they have characteristics of the oppposite sex.  My sister-in-law's father is gay, and he seems *very* feminine.  When she was about 10 he left them due to his homosexuality.  Evidently, he had tried to carry on a heterosexual relationship for a while, and it didn't work.  

So, although we do not know whether there is in fact a "gay gene", I would not doubt it.  But, I've also seen in some cases that homosexual tendancies can be altered through therapy, yet in others it can't.  

So, bottom line...yes, I think there may be a genetic factor involved, but I also strongly believe that some choose the lifestyle due to circumstances in life.  

Our next door neighbor (at our last house- he was in high school at the time), mentioned that the lastest sex game was that some of the girls he knew would get wasted and screw around with each other for kicks.  Now if that doesn't lead to conflicting ideas about your sexuality, I don't know what does.

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:16   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,09:00)

You have stated, and repeated, that you believe homosexual behavior between consenting adults to be equivalent to an adult male perpetrating vaginal intercourse upon a five year old girl.  

RB: "So, you're saying that the guy who created a leather-themed poster at the expense of your favorite messiah and the guy who vaginally penetrated your neighbor's five your old daughter committed equivalent crimes.  Do I have that right?"

FTK: "Yeah, pretty much...because the poster is not the extent to which these perverts play and the behaviors they endorse."

RB: "So, you equate sexual acts between consenting adults of the same gender with an adult male vaginally penetrating your neighbor's five year old daughter?"

FTK: "Considering the sexual acts they seem to be promoting and the fact that these type of acts are usually for gratification only with no intent to form a loving, caring relationship with another person, YES...I do."

As anyone reviews this thread can see, I've put no words in your mouth.

In light of the above, I am now asking you a question, and invite you to put your own words into your own mouth:

Given that you believe that the sexual behavior of consenting gay adults is equivalent to the heinous sex crime I described above (the mind still reels), do you believe homosexuality should be illegal, and punishable by lengthy prison terms? Do you advocate decades of imprisonment for persons who repeatedly engage in consensual homosexual acts with their partners?

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:32   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,08:10)
Our next door neighbor (at our last house- he was in high school at the time), mentioned that the lastest sex game was that some of the girls he knew would get wasted and screw around with each other for kicks.  Now if that doesn't lead to conflicting ideas about your sexuality, I don't know what does.

OMG, humanity is doomed.

I suspect that FTK's statement could have also been made at any time in the past *history of humanity*.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:37   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,08:10)
But, I've also seen in some cases that homosexual tendancies can be altered through therapy, yet in others it can't.

Are these "cases" anecdotal, or can you share the details with us? Links?

Are you thinking of Ol Ted Maybe?
The Rev. Ted Haggard emerged from three weeks of intensive counseling convinced he is "completely heterosexual" and told an oversight board that his sexual contact with men was limited to his accuser

Is that the sort of therapy you are thinking of?

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,08:40   

FTK,

Let me make this clear...because this is one of the biggest LIES from the Christian Right.

Sexuality IS NOT A CHOICE. PERIOD.

No amount of bullshit thrown by the Christian Right will ever make it choice.

Tell me, why would people choose to live a sexuality that puts them in danger?  Makes them a taget of abuse??

You claim to have the ability to critically think but, every time you post, you betray your statement.

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,09:52   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ Sep. 30 2007,08:02)

Whoa .....on that basis the whole country would be gay and have HIV and except for the few people who aren't on TV and don't wear Dolce & Gabbana...oh right never mind.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,11:02   

It just makes sex a joke or a game rather than striving to make it something special that leads to a loving family and vile free lifestyle.  In the end, it's pretty obvious that people who stay away from those kinds of perversions are happier and much healthier.

How about heterosexuals who don't want families?  Are they perverts?

And what is so vile about being free?

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,11:13   

No I do not think that it is always a choice.  But, what I have witnessed has obviously been different that Arden's experience.

Ya think just maybe it's because I live in a place where gays are pretty much allowed to live normal lives withtout harassment, while you live in an area where church morality has the wonderful effect of making gays far more closeted and ashamed, and thus far less likely to live normal lives?

'Choice'. Ho ho. 'Choosing' a 'lifestyle' that assures that 100 million Americans like FTK hate your guts and talk about how you're destroying American society. Funny how people would 'choose' that.

Anyway, it officially looks like FTK is too chickenshit to answer my questions. Is that correct?

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:34   

Ya think just maybe it's because I live in a place where gays are pretty much allowed to live normal lives withtout harassment, while you live in an area where church morality has the wonderful effect of making gays far more closeted and ashamed, and thus far less likely to live normal lives?

Well, seems to me that in the areas where homosexuality is embraced with open arms we find the gay parades and the crap going on like what was described in the original links.   Give an inch...take the mile.  

Homosexuals are free to indulge in whatever form of sexual relationship they feel works for them...I won't stop them, but neither will I vote for gay marriage (that's my right).  I will also call a spade a spade when I see homosexuals or heterosexuals indulge in perverse displays of sexual behavior. What is acceptable for some I'm sure is all relative (that whole evolutionary concept - no absolutes - right and wrong depends upon present society norms), but it is my right, as much as anyone elses to voice my concerns as to what results from considering sex as merely casual indulgence.  It's much more than that, and those who don't take it seriously often have a very hard time forming healthy, stable, lasting relationships with one person.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:38   

And, Arden, I don't "hate" people.  Why would I hate homosexuals?  Because they have a different set of values than I do?  That would mean that I "hate" all of you as well.  We disagree on many important issues about life.

Do you honestly think I "hate" you?  If so, what have I said that makes you feel that way?  Are disagreements a sign of hatred to many of you?

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:52   

Quote (Ftk @ Sep. 30 2007,12:38)
And, Arden, I don't "hate" people.  Why would I hate homosexuals?  Because they have a different set of values than I do?  That would mean that I "hate" all of you as well.  We disagree on many important issues about life.

Do you honestly think I "hate" you?  If so, what have I said that makes you feel that way?  Are disagreements a sign of hatred to many of you?

Are you not going to answer my questions?

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:53   

Yeah, Arden, you silly monkey. She doesn't hate gays. She just thinks they're equivalent to child molesters, should be locked up, and afforded none of the legal protections her family enjoys.

Arden you so crazy.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:53   

Well, seems to me that in the areas where homosexuality is embraced with open arms we find the gay parades and the crap going on like what was described in the original links.   Give an inch...take the mile.  

Yup. Just can't trust certain kinds of people with civil rights. Oppression is much safer.

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:54   

FTK - I'd like you to substantiate your claim that I have "put words into your mouth" in this discussion, or retract that characterization, per board rules and the terms of your rejoining this board. Moreover, rather than acknowledging your statement as an implicit call for discussion, you have used it as an excuse to avoid discussion. The claim in question:

I'd also ask Wesley to attend to this discussion from it's onset on page 92 of this thread, and evaluate FTK's claim, and her response to my request, in that light.

Relevant board rule:

"Messages making claims about the actions, beliefs, or intentions of identifiable participants are an implicit call for discussion. The claimant is responsible for such claims. Failure to retract unsupported claims about other participants is grounds for banishment."

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:56   

This is an academic discussion anyway. Young people are growing up without the hatred and fear of gays that FtK types have. Gay marriage is just a few years away.

edited to add: Have you seen Bill Bennett or others on tv defending marriage discrimination against gays? They've got a defeated air about them, and even somewhat admit that the battle is lost.

Edited by stevestory on Sep. 30 2007,13:59

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:57   

Homosexuals are free to indulge in whatever form of sexual relationship they feel works for them...I won't stop them, but neither will I vote for gay marriage (that's my right).

Why?

I know a gay couple who have been monogamous for 22 years, and who will without any doubt live together for the rest of their lives. They have a far healthier relationship than many straights I know. Why exactly should marriage be illegal for them?

You have to give me a reason that does not invoke you being personally offended, nor the Old Testament.

Go.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,12:58   

Quote (stevestory @ Sep. 30 2007,12:56)
This is an academic discussion anyway. Young people are growing up without the hatred and fear of gays that FtK types have. Gay marriage is just a few years away.

Phhh! they'll be letting those coloured folks on the bus, next!  :angry:

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2007,13:00   

Do you honestly think I "hate" you?  

PS, I'm not gay, so I'm not accusing you of hating me.

Tho it's kind of interesting that you made that assumption.

I find it interesting to realize that the great sin that gays are guilty of when not oppressed consists of holding parades. Why do you consider parades that make you uncomfortable are a guide for social policy?

--------------

10202 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]