RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >   
  Topic: DI Caught Lying, Thanks To Detective ERV< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,11:28   

I hear that the Monday notpology is demonstrating rapid evolution.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

someotherguy

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,11:34   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Nov. 27 2007,11:28)
I hear that the Monday notpology is demonstrating rapid evolution.

Seriously, Wes, these teasers need to stop.  Give us the juicy details.  We wants them, we needs them! :p

--------------
Evolander in training

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,11:48   

Damn it, someotherguy.  I was listening to the BBC's version when I read that comment.

Nice master.  Smeagol will be good...

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

fusilier

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,13:28   

Shouldn't a Research Professor of Philosophy at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary be able to comprehend the notion of "You Shall Not Steal?"

fusilier
James 2:24

--------------
fusilier
James 2:24

Tom Ames

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,13:42   

The DI's new theme song.

This would have been a better soundtrack for the "Automated City" video.

--------------
-Tom Ames

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,13:44   

What I meant is that the notpology is being tuned-up as Dembski reads the feedback on other sites:

News Release: Harvard’s XVIVO Video
By William A. Dembski | originally posted November 26, 2007 | updated November 27, 2007

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,13:57   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Nov. 27 2007,13:44)
What I meant is that the notpology is being tuned-up as Dembski reads the feedback on other sites:

By William A. Dembski | originally posted November 26, 2007 | updated November 27, 2007

Is this *on top of* our predicted melt down?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,14:35   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Nov. 27 2007,13:57)
Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Nov. 27 2007,13:44)

Is this *on top of* our predicted melt down?

I say this is on top of the latest gossip that Wes will immediately PM to all the longest-posting people on this board.  Right Wes?

Meanwhile, we could all have fun and posit
What The Major Meltdown News Might Be.

I am thinking that Dembski's Seminary, that is currently paying his bills, has finally discovered what a disingenuous little lying sordid prick he is, and will give him his walking papers.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,15:38   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Nov. 20 2007,14:46)
I'm sure they'll have a press release up soon...

It took Dembski 7 days to create the cover story press release.

Can we put this through the Nixplanatory Filter to see if it was designed that way?

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,16:49   

In other news, what do Michael Medved and Larry Fafarman have in common?

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,17:17   

Quote (J-Dog @ Nov. 27 2007,15:38)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Nov. 20 2007,14:46)
I'm sure they'll have a press release up soon...

It took Dembski 7 days to create the cover story press release.

Can we put this through the Nixplanatory Filter to see if it was designed that way?

Numbers!...Numbers!.....I think this is a job for "heroisameal"!

Quick, to the Integers Cave!

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

dhogaza

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2007,20:51   

what do Michael Medved and Larry Fafarman have in common?

Whoa.  I'm getting happier every day that Medved's now a DI fellow.  That's some tarderific defense of slavery in the US, there.

One thing they don't have in common, though, I doubt if Medved's a Holocaust Denier like Larry :)

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,05:25   

Quote (Kristine @ Nov. 27 2007,03:44)
Quote (Alan Fox @ Nov. 27 2007,07:13)
When you start wondering if things can't get any worse for Dembski...

Just wonderful!!! And all his own doing, too!

Now, now, Alan. You know the routine. Plagiarism suggests a plagiariser, but you don't get to ask who the plagiariser is! ;)

That was deep, Kristine...

...deep like the deep, dark pools of your eyes...

Ow! *rubs side of head* "But it's Science, dear, it's all Science, honest."

Ow! *rubs other side of head*

[/undelurk]

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,05:39   

And all this time Alan I thought you were a cold heartless snob.
( For any IDists reading this ..........IT'S CALLED IRONY)

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,09:20   

Specifics of Dembski's evolving notpology.

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,09:28   

Wes, are we closer to your promised Friday Meltdown? There seem to be plenty of little signs in the air.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,10:04   

[quote=J-Dog,Nov. 27 2007,14:35]  
I am thinking that Dembski's Seminary, that is currently paying his bills, has finally discovered what a disingenuous little lying sordid prick he is, and will give him his walking papers.

No, sorry :(  But I will say that XVIVO pres is pissed, and SWBaptist is doing their own investigation.

Hence the notpology.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,10:07   

[quote=ERV,Nov. 28 2007,10:04]
Quote (J-Dog @ Nov. 27 2007,14:35)

No, sorry :(  But I will say that XVIVO pres is pissed, and SWBaptist is doing their own investigation.

Hence the notpology.

Whatever one thinks of ID, Dembski's dismal judgment and lack of impulse control is astonishing for someone of his age and position.

--------------

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,10:13   

Sociopath?

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,10:21   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ Nov. 28 2007,10:07)
[quote=ERV,Nov. 28 2007,10:04]
Quote (J-Dog @ Nov. 27 2007,14:35)

Hence the notpology.

Whatever one thinks of ID, Demski's dismal judgment and lack of impulse control is astonishing for someone of his age and position.

Maybe before he did it he asked a few close advisors if they thought it was okay.

DaveScot:  Hell Yeah Bill, Semper Fi.  Them dumb rubes in OK ain't gonna know nuthin nohow.

Denyse:  Deeply intrepid, Bill, in Canada, we are it's not logical, but the mind will always know.  Buy my book.

BA77:  Yada, Yada, Yada, Christ, Yada, Yada, 1,500 more Christ's and Yada, - Not, to be clear or anything, but it is okay Dr. Demsbksi, Yours In Christ.

So, clearly, that's why Dr. Dr.'s Notpology, it's just not his fault.

--------------

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,10:37   

Isn't it just possible that Dembski just lurves lying for Jesus?

He might just enjoy it...a lot....ew.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

someotherguy

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,11:02   

So, would I be correct in assuming that somebody actually is trying to figure out who added the voice-over to the video?  The version that Dembski claimed he found on the "internet" hasn't actually been found by anybody else, has it?

--------------
Evolander in training

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,11:14   

Quote (Louis @ Nov. 28 2007,10:37)
Isn't it just possible that Dembski just lurves lying for Jesus?

He might just enjoy it...a lot....ew.

Louis

I think in Dembski's happy little perfect world, he would be Pope, and then people would stop laughing at him, and being mean to him, and he could pontificate and make everybody do stuff they didn't want to do.

So, Lying For Jesus is just a means to an end for him.

My $.02 analysis.

--------------

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,15:24   

Quote (someotherguy @ Nov. 28 2007,11:02)
So, would I be correct in assuming that somebody actually is trying to figure out who added the voice-over to the video?  The version that Dembski claimed he found on the "internet" hasn't actually been found by anybody else, has it?

'We' have been looking for it for two months straight.

No one on the planet has mentioned the manipulated animation, on the internet, except for summaries of talks given my DI fellows.  Yes, I mean 'fellows' and not 'Dembski.'

Its all a coincidence, Im sure.

Annyday

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,16:37   

If the infamous Judge Jones animation is any indication, Dembski prefers taking his own voice and then distorting it a bit when making media presentations.

Anyone have digital forensics tools (or even normal professional audio tools) handy? XVIVO should have something along those lines. I don't have anything like that, but if I did I'd first go about trying to figure out how the voice was distorted, if at all. I'd also check for common techniques (the kind you can do in garageband, etc) first. Alternatively, maybe Dembski just spoke in a very low voice- if you can't tell by ear, a more professional look at the waveform (or whatever else) might show it.

Distortion or Dembski (or someone else) intentionally speaking in a low voice to disguise himself would explain why the narrator sounds so utterly, unforgivably gay. I'm not even going to speculate about how to un-distort it, because I wouldn't know. My knowledge of audio technology is pretty superficial.

Listening to it again (at great pain) the cadence of the speech does sound very Dembski to me, but that could be confirmation bias. Anyone up to chasing the thing properly?

--------------
"ALL eight of the "nature" miracles of Jesus could have been accomplished via the electroweak quantum tunneling mechanism. For example, walking on water could be accomplished by directing a neutrino beam created just below Jesus' feet downward." - Frank Tipler, ISCID fellow

Annyday

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,16:44   

Addendum: Further listening has convinced me that a simple pitch adjust would make the video's voice into Dembski's normal speaking voice. Someone do that.

--------------
"ALL eight of the "nature" miracles of Jesus could have been accomplished via the electroweak quantum tunneling mechanism. For example, walking on water could be accomplished by directing a neutrino beam created just below Jesus' feet downward." - Frank Tipler, ISCID fellow

someotherguy

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,16:47   

Quote (ERV @ Nov. 28 2007,15:24)
Quote (someotherguy @ Nov. 28 2007,11:02)

'We' have been looking for it for two months straight.

No one on the planet has mentioned the manipulated animation, on the internet, except for summaries of talks given my DI fellows.  Yes, I mean 'fellows' and not 'Dembski.'

Its all a coincidence, Im sure.

Cool.  I hope your efforts continue to be fruitful.  :)

--------------
Evolander in training

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,19:37   

Quote (Annyday @ Nov. 28 2007,16:44)
Addendum: Further listening has convinced me that a simple pitch adjust would make the video's voice into Dembski's normal speaking voice. Someone do that.

Per ERV, if it were Dembski, there have to be a lot of erms, and uhs, and more erms....

I have tried to protect by virgin ears and not listen, but you, my friend, have already suffered for your science... so what's the erm count per sentence?

--------------

Annyday

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,20:33   

I went back and counted: nine "uh" noises in three minutes of video narration- not counting Dembski's introduction. I could have missed one or four, the narrator did some mumbling that may or may not have contained "uh"-ing. If anyone wants a more precise count, they can get it their own damn self.

Pure Dembski. Even with recording equipment, he doesn't retake it until he stops saying "uh". The difference from his normal voice could even be due to the microphone, or speaking softly, or the recording, or ... you get the idea. If that's the case, a simple pitch-raise might not quite fix it to how he normally sounds, but it really seems like him.

--------------

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 28 2007,20:45   

Are you all serious?  It cant be.  It cant.  The animation voice is so stereotypical homosexual male.

It cant be him.

...........Can it?

72 replies since Nov. 20 2007,14:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]